The Missing Heiress

By RaineManlapas

James Isaac Tan, a billionaire CEO of one of the most successful and largest conglomerates in the country, f... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER ONE

13.9K 394 16
By RaineManlapas

CHAPTER ONE

James Isaac Blanchet Tan

JI Pinnacle Corporation. JI Pinnacle Building. Conference Room. Top Floor. April 1, 2009

James Isaac Blachet Tan, the eldest son of Jaime Tan and Isabelle Blanchet born on March 8, 1983, was formally introduced to the executives of JI Pinnacle Corporation as the Deputy CEO.

JI Pinnacle Corporation, one of the largest one of the largest conglomerates in Filipinas and one of the most profitable companies in the Filipinas Stock Exchange with billions of dollars annual net profit, founded and owned the majority stocks of: Air Filipinas Air Filipinas (an air transportation company); JI Pinnacle Banking and Trust Company; and JI Pinnacle Lands (a real estate and property development company which developed five-star hotels, shopping malls, condominiums, golf courses and country clubs all over the Asia-Pacific Region). Among JI Pinnacle Lands' establishments were: Palais Isabelle – a chain of five-star hotels in the Asia-Pacific Region; Pinnacle Malls – a chain of high-end shopping centers all over the Asia-Pacific Region; Pinnacle Towers – a chain of condominiums all over the Asia Pacific Region; and Pinnacle Golf and Country Clubs – a chain of world-class golf and country clubs all over the Asia-Pacific Region. It also has minor stake in companies like Filipinas Telephone Company (5.7 %), MGA Media Network (9.5 %) and Missi Power Company (10.7 %).

James had just returned from USA fresh from his studies. After high school, he studied an aerospace engineering degree at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an MBA degree at Harvard University's Business School.

It was his first day of work and the first person who caught his attention was a very simple young lady wearing a navy blue business suit. The young lady was with his father's management staff.

After the meeting with the top executives, his father escorted him to his office along with the young lady.

"Son, this will be your office and Miss Zoey Dizon here will be your on-the-job trainee. She is one of the foundation's scholars. She started working with my management staff on the summer of her first year in college. This summer, she is required to have her OJT. She'll be graduating from her business management and accountancy degree next year. She's very efficient and very knowledgeable about the corporation. That's why I assigned her to you. Get settled and I'll see you after lunch with our meeting with the department heads.

His father left him with the young lady. She was still standing.

He motioned her to sit down by the chair in front of his glass office table, "Have a sit, Miss Dizon. Before we start working, I would like to know more about you."

"Okay, sir," the young lady replied with confidence.

"How old are you?"

She answered, "I'm twenty years old, sir."

"Tell me more about your family."

She narrated with sadness in her voice, "I got no family anymore, sir. I'm an only daughter. My parents died when I was still very young. My grandparents raised me but I already lost them too."

"Sorry to hear that. So where do you stay?"

She replied, "I stay at the accommodation facilities of the JI Pinnacle Foundation, sir."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Her answer was, "I have none, sir. I'm very much focused with my studies and my work here, sir."

He didn't expect it. A pretty lady like her would definitely have lots of suitors. "Well, that's good coz I really need a dedicated staff by my side. I need to study everything about the corporation. We'll start with Air Filipinas. I want copies of all the annual reports 10 years back."

Zoey had answered, "All the annual reports are already here in your office here. Where do you want me to put the annual reports for Air Filipinas? Shall it be here in your office table? Or would you like to study them by the sitting area or by the conference table?"

He was impressed, "Put them by the sitting area. I also want soft copies of those files in my company laptop."

Her quick answer was, "I already saved them on your company laptop, sir. They are organized by company, by year, and by departments."

He couldn't help but praise her, "You're really efficient just as Dad said. I was informed that Dad's management staff will also be my staff. But since you are the trainee assigned to me, I want you to be my personal assistant. You have to accompany me at every meeting I required you to be and take down notes for me. I have my own personal butler/driver/body guard who does personal stuff for me. I will introduce you to him within the day coz he'll be with us most of the times. I would also like you to keep a record of my daily schedule and remind me of them from time to time."

"Yes, sir."

"Okay, you may now start arranging the files at the sitting area. Afterwards, go to Dad's office and ask them for my schedule. I was informed by Dad that my schedule is full this entire summer."

James had been so much impressed with Zoey's work performance the entire summer so he immediately hired her to be his official personal assistant immediately after her OJT period. She started as his PA in June 1, 2009. Despite being enrolled with the last two remaining semesters, Zoey had still managed to perform all the tasks James had assigned to her.

March 26, 2010. Zoey graduated as Summa Cum Laude for her degree in business management and accountancy at UF – Vienburg.

James promoted her as his executive assistant and required her to take the online MBA and DBA programs of Athenaeum de Missi University. Along with her tasks at the corporation as his executive assistant, he also required her to take extra classes on foreign language and self-defense

By the time James had assumed the CEO-President position in January 2, 2014, Zoey had been promoted as the chief of his management staff. Zoey also had finished her MBA and DBA degrees. Aside from Filipino and English, she also could fluently speak and write in eight other foreign languages: French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Urdu and Hebrew.

Working with James also meant updated gadgets as well as expensive wardrobe along with the generous benefits each of the employees of JI Pinnacle Corporation was entitled with.

As a scholar of JI Pinnacle Foundation, Zoey was required to payback by working for five consecutive years at the company. After such, staying or leaving would all be up to her.

JI Pinnacle Corporation. JI Pinnacle Building. Office of the CEO-President. Top Floor. April 4, 2014.

James was busy browsing some financial reports when Zoey entered his office. She punctually informed him, "James, your mother called. She wanted to remind you of dinner at 7 PM at the mansion."

James looked up at his ever efficient chief-of-staff. "Yes, I almost forgot about it. So, have you readied all the files we need for our weeklong business trip in Paris?"

Zoey perfunctorily answered, "Yes. I already arranged the hard copies on your briefcase while the soft copies were all saved in both our Mac Books and i-Pads."

James replied, "Good! Juan will be driving for me so your last task is to go to my penthouse and supervise the packing of my suitcase. As usual, the assigned chambermaid will assist you. Bring along the briefcase, laptop and tablet as well and leave them at my office at the penthouse. I need to have a last look on them tonight. That's all for today, you may leave now."

Zoey acknowledged his orders, "Okay, boss. Don't forget about the dinner with your parents."

He smiled and said, "I won't."

Zoey left and he continued reading.

Thirty minutes before 7:00 PM, Juan, his butler/driver/bodyguard, came in his office telling him, "Boss, your Dad called. We need to get going if you don't want to be late for dinner."

James answered, "Give me fifteen more minutes. I'll meet you by the elevator." He finished signing all the necessary reports that needed his signatures. Just as he was on his way to the elevator, his personal i-Phone rang. It was a call from his mother. He answered it, "Yes, Mom. I just finished work. Juan and I will be there in less than thirty minutes."

His mother replied, "I called Zoey and your Dad called Juan so that you won't be late for this dinner. Our guests are already here. So you better leave that office now, James Isaac Blanchet Tan."

He answered, "I'm doing it as we speak, Mom. See you later. I love you."

In less than thirty minutes, they arrived at their family estate at the outskirt of Vienburg City, the capital city of Missi where the headquarters of their corporation and the first Palais Isabelle were also located.

The guests of his parents were Mr. George Lucero, his wife Mrs. Mariana Blanco-Lucero. They were good friends of his parents. Their only child, Georgina, who was kidnapped when she was still a baby, was his betrothed. But such kidnapping had ended their betrothal. Georgina hadn't been found. Her parents were still hopeful that they would find their long lost daughter. If such happened and James still hadn't found the love of his life then the bond between their families would be sealed through their marriage.

James was surprised upon seeing the couple. Mr. George Lucero, the CEO-President of Missi Power Company (MPC), was a good friend of his father. It was the reason why JI Pinnacle Corporation had a minor stake at MPC.

After the exchange of welcome gestures, they proceeded with the dinner. James wasn't aware of the reason why he had to attend the dinner.

Jaime started the conversation during the dinner, "So, how was the last girl who claimed that she was your long lost daughter?"

George answered, "She didn't pass the DNA Test. For a while, we really thought it was her. She was from Los Lillia and was an adopted child. She also has this uncanny resemblance to our baby's birth mark but DNA Test proved it wasn't her."

James had asked, "What does her birth mark look like, Tito George?"

George expounded, "Our daughter had this heart shape freckle-like birthmark by her left shoulder."

Mariana then asked James, "So, do you already have a girlfriend, hijo?"

James answered, "I have none, Tita. The lady I like so much is off-limits."

Isabelle spoke enthusiastically, "Who knows? You and Georgina might really be meant to be together. I have a feeling that we shall find Georgina when James is still single and available."

Mariana agreed, "I also have a feeling that my daughter is just around the corner and we shall found her soon. But let's not pressure, James. I wish you the best, hijo. Although I know that you will definitely fall in love with our daughter if she shall be found. I can still remember the way you looked at her during her christening. You were just almost five years old back then. She smiled whenever you touched and played with her hands. At your very young age back then, you even told us, she is your girlfriend and you want to marry her. Just looking at you gives us hope that she is still out there. All we need is to keep on searching."

James then realized the reason why he was there for the dinner.

George Lucero was the eldest son of Don Gregorio and Doña Luisa Lucero. He has three younger sisters – Lourdes, Estella, and Priscilla. Mariana Blanco-Lucero was the fourth child of Don Gabriel and Doña Iluminada Blanco. She was from the prominent Blanco Clan of the province of Perin. Both of their families were prominent in politics and corporate world. They never had a child again after Georgina. It had been rumored in the corporate world that since George Lucero had no heir, his nephew Gregory Lucero would then be trained as his replacement. Gregory was a son of Lourdes Lucero out of wedlock. When Lourdes Lucero got married to an American politician, Gregory had been legally adopted by George and Mariana Lucero. The adoption had been finalized when Gregory was six years old. He still stayed with his biological mother, studied and worked in USA. Recently, Gregory had been involved in a scandal. He was caught fooling around with an engaged-to-be-married socialite. He had no other choice but to go back to Filipinas and start his training as CEO because his stepfather was so furious with him.

After the dinner, James went to Zenith Tower. Zenith Tower was the brainchild of his younger and only brother, Jacob Ivan. Jac had it as a business proposal to build skyscrapers for commercial purposes. Floors of the building would be leased to professionals, businessmen small companies, small firms as their offices or workplaces. The board of directors didn't approve it.

James knew of Jac's plans to establish his own businesses and have the tower as the site of those. So, he proposed to his brother to combine their trust funds which they got by the age of twenty-five to have the project realized. Their only sister, the youngest among them, Jeanne Isabelle or Belle, joined them in realizing the project as well so that she could have her academy inside the tower. So, the three of them combined their trust funds. After a year, the building was finished. The Zenith Tower started its operation late 2012.

Jac then established this New York-style bar/lounge/restaurant at 72nd floor, the top floor, of Zenith Tower. He called it Club Zenith. The club had an inside lounge and bar area; a restaurant area; an outside roof deck terrace with full bar; and a party area with the DJ's booth, ledge, and the dance floor. All areas have amazing views over the city. Club nights were from Wednesdays to Saturdays. They served food and drinks from Mondays to Saturdays. They also hosted events and parties. Local and international DJs took turns in playing a wide array of party music in its state-of-the art party area.

Along the club, Jac also launched the first branch of A-1 Gym, located at the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building. A-1 Gym featured a wide array of , group exercise classes, and to assist clients. It already had twelve locations in Missi, one gym in each of its twelve cities.

Belle also started her culinary school. The academy occupied the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th floors of the building. Apex International Culinary Academy had just been recently established by his sister. She studied on the best culinary schools around the world. She was very much skilled in almost all kinds of cuisine whether, French, Italian, Asian Mediterranean, Fusion and many more. She also worked closely with the Executive Chefs of all their hotels around the Asia-Pacific Region.

Although his younger siblings had chosen their own career path, both had been required by their parents to earn their MBA degree and so they both did. Jac was three years younger than him while Belle was five years younger than him. Both were still single like him.

Zenith Tower also housed several offices of business firms; work spaces of artists; medical clinics of private practitioners and many more.

There were six parking areas. The outside parking spaces were designated for clients of leaseholders. Parking spaces at the basement, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, 4th floor and 5th floor were designated for leaseholders and their selected employees.

The management group and employees for the operations of the tower had their offices and rooms at the ground floor along with the spacious lobby. The building had five elevators, one of which was for private use of the Tan Siblings and the rest are for the leaseholders and their employees.

Zenith Tower also had three floors of art gallery space, three floors of auditoriums and three floors of ballrooms, all for private lease.

It was around 10 o'clock in the evening when James and Juan reached Club Zenith. James was on his way to the table reserved for Jac's VIP guests when he saw Zoey and her boyfriend, Rodney, at the restaurant area. They seemed to be having an argument then suddenly he saw Zoey's face turned so shocked. She stood up and briskly walked away. Rodney had run after her.

They were just a few meters away from him when Rodney had caught up with Zoey, holding on to her left arm.

James heard Zoey said as she turned around to face her boyfriend, "I really don't get it, Rodney. This is just another business trip. It's part of my job. Why act so jealous? I should be the one mad at you coz you were flirting with a lady when I arrived here."

Rodney didn't release her left arm which he was holding firmly, "She's nothing, babe. You're the one I love."

Zoey replied, "If you really love me, then you should not consider me going on this business trip a big deal."

Rodney voiced out his jealousy again, "You spend more time with your boss than with me. For all I know you could be having an affair with him."

She slapped Rodney's face with her right hand, and angrily said, "I'm not like you who flirts on every woman who shows interest on you whenever I am not around. My boss is very professional and he doesn't flirt around with his employees."

Rodney tightened his hold with both of Zoey's arms. He was angry as well, "I won't be flirting with other woman who shows interest on me if you are behaving yourself as a proper girlfriend. We've been together for almost two years and you haven't even allowed me to fully make love with you."

Zoey tried to push Rodney's chest and she had been freed from his grasp. "So, it's this sex thing again! You know I'm tired of all your jealousy, infidelity and insecurities, Rodney. Let's just talk again when I return from this business trip."

Rodney warned her, "If you go to this trip then it's all over between us."

Zoey was shocked. She replied, "Fine! Do as you please, Rodney. Flirt for all you want. We're through! Don't ever see me again."

As she turned her back, Rodney stopped her again holding on to her left arm. As she faced him again, a pretty sexy lady approached Rodney and said, "Rodney, we need to talk. Let her go."

Rodney replied to the lady without even looking at her, "Can't you see I'm talking to my girlfriend? We're in the middle of an argument so could you just shut up."

The lady went mad, "I won't shut up! This girlfriend of yours already decided to break up things with you. Obviously you don't want to let her go even if it's perfectly clear that I am the one satisfying you in bed and not her. I'm tired of being the other woman. I'm pregnant with our baby. So, you better choose between her and me!"

Zoey untangled her arm from Rodney's grasp. Zoey looked at the girl then said, "You heard it right, girl! It's all over between us. So, he doesn't have to choose between the two of us. He is all yours!"

Rodney attempted on holding her again to stop her from walking away.

Zoey turned her face to Rodney, "Don't you ever touch me again! Be responsible! You got her pregnant so deal with the consequence."

Rodney answered, "You're the one I love, Zoey."

Zoey countered, "Then you shouldn't have been unfaithful to me. I can understand the jealousy and all your insecurities. For all those years, I had never listened to my friends whenever they told me that you are cheating on me coz I know I have my own shortcomings. But the flirtation you had with her, which I had seen a while ago, is a proof. To top it all, she's pregnant with your child! I cannot be with someone who cannot stay faithful to me. Good bye."

And with that, she had finally turned her back on Rodney and walked away. Then, she saw her boss. Their eyes met.

The tears she had been holding back started to fall. James closed the distance between them, gave her a short hug, and then escorted her outside the club. Juan followed them. The three of them stepped in to the private elevator. They went to the basement parking area. When they reached the exit door Juan went ahead of them and approached the car then drove it by the drive way near the exit door where they waited. Juan opened the door for them. Zoey entered on the right side first then James entered the left side.

He handed Zoey his handkerchief then reached for a bottle of mineral water at the storage of the center armrest then handed it to her as well.

James tried not to say a word. Zoey kept silent as well. After fifteen minutes of complete silence, the car stopped. They reached the driveway of Zoey's condominium building. Juan opened the door on Zoey's side.

She uttered, "Thanks," before stepping out of the car.

Juan and James went back to Palais Isabelle. James decided not to go back to Club Zenith anymore. On their way back to the hotel, he received a call from Jac.

Jac immediately asked when he acknowledged the call, "Why did you leave immediately, bro?"

"Zoey needed a lift. She had a row with her boyfriend," he answered.

Jac said, "That man is still here partying and he's with a very pretty sexy lady."

James reacted, "That guy is really a douche bag. They broke up."

Jac confirmed, "Yeah, I heard from my bartender who witnessed the argument. So, how's Zoey now?"

James answered, "We just left her place. We're on my way back to my place. I still have an early morning flight to Paris."

Jac asked him about another thing, "How's your dinner with the Luceros? Belle told me that Dad and Mom invited them for dinner. She was just about to leave the mansion when the Luceros arrived."

James confided, "Apparently, they are still searching for Georgina. The last one was another fraud. They just wanted to see me coz it gives them hope."

Jac was curious, "If she'll be found, will you really marry her?"

James divulged, "You very well know how much I like Zoey. Now that's she's free I'll tell her my intention but I won't rush her."

Jac reacted, "Nice! But what if Georgina is found?"

James answered, "I don't know. I'll just cross the bridge when I get there."

Jac suggested, "Then hurry up on making Zoey your wife. They won't be able to force you to marry Georgina if you're already married."

James reacted, "Zoey needed time. I also don't know how she will react once I confess my intentions on her."

Jac then said, "Good luck then, bro."

James was the oldest child of Jaime and Isabelle Tan.

His mother, Isabelle Blanchet, came from a wealthy family in Paris, France. His grandparents were Alphonse and Dorothee, both were French. His mother was the youngest among brood of five. Francois was the eldest and only brother of his mother. His four other aunts by his mother were: Marguerite, married to a rich German businessman; Eleonore, married to a rich British businessman; and Adelaide, married to a rich American businessman.

Jaime, his father, came from a rich family in Missi, Filipinas. His grandparents by his father were Lucas and Agnes Tan. When his Lolo Lucas died of heart attack due to the bankruptcy of the family business, his father was already working as a pilot in Filipinas Airlines. As the eldest son among brood of six, his father had supported his family financially. His father's siblings were Lucas II, Sergio, Hugo, Eloisa, and Andrea.

James' parents met in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris during one of his father's flight to Paris. His father was about to leave the airport to go to the hotel for his three-day rest before flying back to Filipinas. His father was still at the lobby, he saw a French couple arguing. The woman was jabbing the man's chest out of anger and jealousy. Then the man pushed the woman forcefully, walked out and never turned his back. His father noticed that the woman was suffering from too much pain and then his father saw blood coming out from the woman's leg. His father approached the woman and comforted her while asking someone to notify the standby ambulance about an emergency. A few minutes thereafter, the paramedics had approached them and the woman was rushed to the nearest hospital with his father in tow. The woman was his mother who suffered miscarriage because of her fiancé.

That same day, his father met his mother's parents and siblings. They were all very thankful to him. The following day, his mother's family sent their chauffeur to escort his father to Chateau de Blanchet, the mansion house of his mother's family. His father was formally thanked by the family through a dinner. His father was also given the privilege by his mother's family to stay with them whenever he had to stay in Paris after his flight. Six months thereafter, his parents got married. His father was then thirty-five years old while his mother was twenty-five years old. All of his father's siblings already finished their studies by then and working as well. His father retired early from his work at Filipinas Airlines. His parents started their family and their own business. His mother's parents gave them a starting capital for their own airline which started operating domestically first. As their family grew, the business grew as well. Air Filipinas was their first business venture. It was followed by the bank and then the real estate company.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 8.3K 43
Mutilated, dejected and stained by the blood of his loved ones, Lucius Cromwell, a precocious and naïve child of high society, strikes a deal with an...
282K 9.9K 50
~𝐖𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤.~ Shubham Malhotra A spoilt-b...
158K 4.5K 11
Alexander Blanco is a rich, handsome, and strict businessman. But his future had already been planned. He needs to marry a lady chosen by his grandfa...
140K 5.5K 41
Clarke is pregnant with Madi at only 17. Clarke's mom leaves her and Madi's father wants no part in Madi's life, leaving just Clarke and her friends...