Just Fantastic

By xoRobinEggBlue101

Dustin Maloney finally turned seventeen. The girl that was ridiculed and outcasted all her life has grown to... More

No One Said This Would Be Easy | Prologue
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 1
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 2
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 4
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 5
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 6
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 7
Author's Note
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 8

No One Said This Would Be Easy | 3

3.4K 84 34
By xoRobinEggBlue101

Chapter 3: As Though My Day Couldn’t Get Any Worse

I ran and I ran, without a single clue as to where I was going. I wasn't running away, I just needed to get out of that house. Normally, I would head to Ace’s house whenever I felt stressed, but after tonight I don’t think that’d be a good idea. I had no other friends in the nearby either, so where would I go?

I decided to head to the Big Oak; a tree in the abandoned park near my house. I was close enough that I could see the park now, and then I heard a heart-stopping sound.

The screeching of tires echoed through the night. These tires belonged to a familiar looking black van. My whole body was alert and maybe if I maneuvered myself well I could outrun this vehicle.

Did I seriously believed that? Well, no. If I did, I’d be a optimistic and gullible cow. Situations like this never end well. I’d be lucky if tonight ended and I still had my head attached to my body and my virginity intact.

I hadn’t even reached the end of the block before I was cornered. The van was approaching at a speedd so fast I thought it was going to slaughter me and drive off. However, right when the van was about a few centimeters away from my now hyperventilating body, it stopped.

I sighed in relief that I hadn’t been run over, however, my body was still on edge. My heart pumped so fast I swear at any moment it would thump right through my chest onto the ground in front of me.

The window of the can wound down and a particularly ugly brunette, who under different circumstances I would recommend to my dermatologist, glared at me. Him and the other two goons from my dad’s office were in there.

“Get in the car,” He demanded, venom evident in his voice. His voice didn't match his baby face and this helped slide me back into a calm state. I crossed my arms to portray how unwilling I was to get in that van. I took a step back just so I was just out of arms' reach, don’t want to take any chances.

“Why would I want to get in that car with you,” I spat arrogantly. He kept his mouth a line, but I swore I saw it twitch and a low noise came from within his throat. I would have cringed if my stubborn self had allowed it.

“Just get in the car you twit, I don’t want to have to do this the hard way.” He snarled. I rolled my eyes, this seemed like a bad scene out of a cop movie.

“How would my dad feel about you threatening me like that? He isn’t going to be too happy,” I stated smugly. But he only smirked and a spark hit his eyes, “Dad? He isn’t your father, for Christ Sake you don’t even bloody look like him! So just get in the damn car so we can get going!”

Even though the comment had shaken me a bit, I didn’t let it show. I swallowed my fear, and as confidently as I could muster it, I ran right around the car and towards the Big Oak, I knew they would still coming after me but I couldn’t care less. Just when I was about to turn the corner from the car, I felt a tugging, on my hair. That hideous brunette was pulling on my hair to drag me to the car. I think I may have it boiled after this occasion.

I tried to run forward but when I did, I could feel all the hairs on my head burning, as if they were each being individually plunked from my head. I reluctantly back tracked and looked at the black suited goon, he grinned wildly. He looked like an actual loon.

“So can we get going, dear?” He asked smugly. I snarled and reluctantly followed him to the car (for the sake of my hair). His grasp never once left my head. After I got in he shut the door and sat beside me. He started to stroke my hair absent-mindedly and I stared daggers at his pimpled face.

“Get your crusty fat fingers out of my hair.” I practically spat in his direction. He only snorted and continued, as the car started pulling up in my parents' long driveway.

“Whatever, Rayvine.” He said with an eye roll.

I scowled; the idiot didn’t even know my name.

------------------------------------------>

10:57 P.M., Dustin’s Room

“Are you absolutely bananas? What do you think you were going to accomplish by jumping out the window?! Is this what America has done to you?” Maggie said as she paced back and forth around my room. I threw my spoon at her to shut her up.

I was still pissed about the evening and refused to pack my things. I couldn’t even look Phil and Melinda in the eyes when I was forced back into this house. I don’t know how to react to anything anymore. I felt as though this was one big practical joke, but Phil hasn’t got a sense of humor and Melinda is too lippy to keep a prank a secret.

I had decided these “real parents” of mine could kiss my left cheek before I willingly went off with them. Also, while they're at it they could give me an explanation for their sudden reappearance in their ”daughter’s” life.

“Bug off, Mags! I had my reasons for running off like that!” I hissed.

This had been going for about the past 10 minutes. Everyone had left the party, but Maggie and few others who are staying for the night. As of right now we were all eating our share a pint of ice cream while Maggie continuously complained on the events of early today.

“Yeah, Mags, bug off! Maybe she had to get somewhere,” commented one of my childhood friends, Goose. Mind you, her real name is Georgina but if you called her that she’d sock your face in.

“Whatever! Is it illegal to ask questions now-a-days? I’m only concerned! Riles could have broken herself from that height and she was barefoot too!” Mags shrieked. My lips thinned at the dumb nickname and my mind wandered. I hadn’t told them about the biological parents yet, because nothing's confirmed. I'll tell them eventually though.

Everyone littered my room with bowls of ice cream, chocolate, donuts, you name it we had it. One of the better advantages of having high class parents. I grabbed the remote to my tellie and popped in The Grudge. We laid across my two beds or the floor and watched for a while. But really we just ended up gossiping. Hey, you can’t blame us we are only girls you know.

“Oh! Dustin, Ace has definitely become a looker since I last saw him! Go for him! If not, I will, does he have a thing for redheads?” asked Gabriella. She was my red-headed childhood friend, also from Canada.

“Yeah you should totally go for him! You guys look so good together and I’ve always thought that.” Millie exclaimed, I whacked her head.

“Guys, stop! We are just good mates, okay? Nothing is going to happen!” I shrieked exasperatedly for the umpteenth time. But really I was trying to suppress a giggle; all these questions must be making me delirious. Maggie then stood up to speak.

“That is not true, Riles!” I rolled my eyes, her nickname for me was awfully annoying, “You told me yourself that he said he fancied you!” At those words everyone turned to face me, I look away suddenly taking great interest in the loose strands of hair falling out of my bun.

“Dusty, you didn’t tell us that! I thought we were your best mates!” Emily shrieked. I gave her a wary look.

“Guys, I’m tired, living with Derek does that to you. Let’s catch some Zs.” I stretched my arms and let out a yawn which only led to me coughing a bit from oxygen deprivation.

I jumped on one of my beds and pretended to look tired. Almost immediately my face came in contact with an overstuffed pillow thrown by none other than Goose. As a reflex I immediately take the pillow behind me and whacked her. She hit me again I was sent falling to the floor, but not before I grabbed her with me.

Unfortunately she landed on top of me, and when I tried to get up she sat on me. Because of our awkward positions and the silliness of our actions I couldn’t help but burst into a fit of untamable laughter. Goose looked down at me smugly.

“Tired are we?” I sobered up and scowled at her then tried to shove her off. “Goose, get your fat ass off of my stomach, you should really start laying off those potato chips, they aren’t doing anything to help your figure.” I retorted. Maggie, Gabriella, Emily, and Millie snickered, Goose only rolled her eyes.

“You shouldn’t be one to talk! Have you seen your ass in that dress of yours? It’s huge!” I scowled and shoved her off, I then took my pillow and started attacking her. All the fluff and feathers of the pillow started flailing out. Goose ran around the room looking for safety, while the others rolled on the floor laughing in sheer entertainment and humor.

Goose found a pillow and began slapping and hitting me back, pretty soon all we had left were the pillow cases of once plump and fluffy pillows. Her and I took one glance at the mess of white in my room and burst into hysterics of laughter. We joined them and rolled around the floor laughing.

We were clad in only shorts and tank tops so when I noticed Derek and his friends had been watching us from my bedroom entrance until I heard a cough from Maggie and saw her look away blushing. I glance in the general direction of my room and when I caught sight of my brother’s extremely good looking friends I immediately stood up and whipped any stray feathers from my clothing. Then gestured for my friends to do the same.

Everyone got up to recompose themselves except Goose. She, being the stubborn goat that she is, refused to budge from her position. She only sat upright and gestured for the boys to come in. They all took seats on either of my beds, smirking I might add.

“Now what to may I owe this not so lovely interruption,” I asked faux politely, Derek rolled his eyes.

“Now what may I ask were we interrupting, in my opinion it seemed that you five were just laughing around for no apparent reason.” I grinded my teeth and crossed my arms, he only smirked and turned to his buddies looking for approving glances. I looked at my girls contemplating something.

“Derek, why are you here?” I asked patiently.

“Can’t I check and see what my dear little Dustin is doing on her birthday?” He replied. I snorted then glanced back at my girls.

 “Yeah, I agree let’s show them what we had been doing.” I gave a slight jerk towards the direction of the pillows hoping they would follow. Of course Goose was the first to understand and leapt to her feet. Her blonde hair swaying side to side as she grabbed my black pillow.

We each did the same and the boys looked at us curiously, I headed straight towards Derek. Not even trying to hide the obvious, I immediately raised my pillow up and it slapped him across the cheek. It was as if on cue everyone began throwing pillows here and there, laughing it up. Derek tackled me to the ground, tickling me, and his friends did the same to my friends.

I am guessing our laughter was too loud because in only a few short minutes the door of my room was slammed open. The look on my dad’s face was threatening. His nostrils were flaring and his face was a bright red, he looked a lot like a bull ready to attack.

“Boys get out of Dusty’s room, now! Girls, shut your yaps and go to bed! Some of us have work in the morning and can not afford any lost sleep! So bug off!” He hollered. The boys quickly head out and Derek was lagging behind, I am guessing he was still intoxicated. My father stood firmly behind the doorstep staring at us all.

“Dusty, did you pack yet?” He asked more softly. I narrowed my eyes to tin slits and hissed a, “no,” as a response. He looked at me warily, “Well you should they are coming any day now.” His voice cracked slightly and then softened a bit.

“Sure I will, later, tomorrow, maybe.” He then nods his head and walked down the hallway. I could have sworn that while he was walking I heard him sniffle, but I thought nothing of it. My girls turned to have me.

“Packing? For where?” Gabriella asked.

“Yeah, Dustin, where ya goin’?” I turned to face my doorway; it was Derek who had said that.

“No where important. Just go to sleep you guys.” I muttered. I walked over to my black bed and plopped down into it.

“But it’s only 11:30, back home in Canada I wouldn’t even be in the house by now.” Complained Gabriella, I scowled at her.

“Put a sock in it, Gabe.” With that she and Goose joined me in my four poster bed, and Millie, Emily, Maggie went onto the smaller King sized one beside it.

No one said anything else for the night.

----------------------------------------------> 

6:07A.M., Dustin’s Room

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,

So tell me what you want, what you really really want--

“What the hell is that crap playing?” asked a muffled voice beside me.

I slowly get myself up and rubbed my eyes. I then stretched to loosen my now stiff muscles. In the process I slapped Goose across the face. I laughed a bit at her reaction until she shoved me off the bed. I pulled her down with me and it turned into an early morning battle.

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends,

Make it last forever friendship never ends--

“I said turn that bloody crap off already!” I dodged a punch Goose was going to give me and looked up at Gabriella. The lazy bum wasn’t even attempting to get up to turn it off.

“Sweet Lord, I will do it already!” Maggie jumped off the bed, in the process shoving Millie and Emily to the floor, then slammed her fist into the alarm. The impact was so heavy that instead of it just shutting off, it ended up falling to the floor and it dropped onto Goose's foot, who I had placed into a perfect head lock. A colorful range of profanity poured from her thin lips.

Everyone just laughed. Suddenly my mom came bursting into the room.

“Georgina, I see your vocabulary hasn’t changed since I last saw you. But could you keep it down? Ashley is sleeping and I don’t want her picking up new words,” She scowled at Goose. I could tell Goose was trying to control the urge to slap her across the face.

My mom is well aware of Goose’s hatred of her real name, but because Melinda isn’t very fond of her she prefered to call her by Georgina. I rolled my eyes. My mom left, but not before throwing me a disapproving glare.

When my mom is out of earshot, Goose muttered, “B*tch.” I slapped her. “Your mom doesn’t like me, you know! I don’t even know why.” She whined.

I laughed at that. “Maybe it is because you almost set our old house into flames, and now she thinks you are a crazy pyromaniac delinquent.” I said smugly. Millie snorted at that.

“Flames! What did you do?!” She didn’t know, this was when I was still living in Canada.

“Let’s get some breakfast. I will tell you on the way.” We all headed down towards the circular staircase and huddled into the kitchen. I told the chef, Palo, to take a break and we all cooked up some eggs and pancakes. We ended up covered in flour and the pancakes were runny but we didn’t really care. I continued telling the story.

“And then my dad was passing out fire sparklers, and Goose was so happy she took the entire box and ran into the house. Then—” I was interrupted by the loud ringing of the doorbell.

“Be right back, got to take care of that,” I said before I ran in the direction of the ringing. The visitors continuous pressed the bell making it ring over and over again.

“Don’t get your knickers in a bunch, I’m coming, I’m coming!” I shouted annoyed. I opened the door wide open and stared at the two people.

There was a woman, tall and slender. Her hair was almost waist length and in long tendrils. It was a shiny black, almost blue looking from the California sunshine. She had large bright blue eyes and wore a casual sun dress showing off her long tan legs.

Then there was a man, slightly taller, he was tanned, but still had visible freckles splattered around his face. He had a dark brown shade of hair with shockingly green emerald eyes. He wore a pair of slacks, loafers, and a plain crisp white shirt. My eyebrows drew together.

“Um... If you are selling anything, we don’t need it.” The man laughed and the woman looked at me teary eyed.

“Rayvine? Is that you?” Her voice was melody like and before I could ask who this Rayvine chick was she glomped me in a large hug. I only stood there, utterly bewildered waiting for her to let go. When she finally did, I looked at her one more time and my impassive expression stayed.

“Did the Maloneys not tell you?” The man said his voice was deep and husky, “We came to recollect you,” I continued staring.

“You don’t recognize us, Rayvine?” The woman whipped away a stray tear. “We came to get you because… you’re our daughter.”

My expression changed to one of confusion, and then I did what any seventeen-year-old would do if complete strangers were at their door claiming to be their parents.

I slammed the door in their faces.

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Please comment and vote!  Stay Funky Fresh!

Continue Reading