Loki and Hermione: I Had to S...

By themag1c1an

Hermione is in her 6th year, and Draco is bullying her. Loki is mesmerized by her talent, and watches her fro... More

Chapter 1 - Visit to the Mortal World
Chapter 2 - Who Was He?
Chapter 3 - Hello Again
Chapter 4 - Writing to you
Chapter 5 - You're not a Monster Loki...
Chapter 6 - So you're Loki...
Chapter 7 - Welcome to Asgard, Hermione - Part 1
Chapter 8 - Welcome to Asgard Hermione - Part 2
Chapter 10 - The Burrow
Chapter 11 - It wasn't meaningless...
Chapter 12 - The Attack on Albus Dumbledore
Chapter 13 - Before the Hunt
Chapter 14 - The Hunt
Chapter 15 - The Battle of Hogwarts
Epilogue
Special Thanks

Chapter 9 - Mountain Range

5.5K 124 27
By themag1c1an

Hermione

After lunch, Loki and Hermione walked back to the stables, and they each mounted a horse; Hermione chose a milk-chocolate brown colored horse and Loki rode his usual black one. They rode north through the mountain range, and Loki gave Hermione a small pouch before-hand. Hermione picked up 8 crystals and 9 nuggets of metal, putting them in the pouch. They rode to the near top of one of the mountains, and Hermione took another picture.

They rode through the mountain range for awhile until they reached a waterfall. They tethered their horses to a few trees, and sat at the water's edge. Hermione took another picture of the waters. The water was warm, shallow, crystal clear, and saltwater. There were multiple colors of coral and tropical fish at the bottom.

"You can pull the coral out of the water if you want," Loki said.

Hermione took off her coat, rolled up her right sleeve, and dipped her hand in the water. She grabbed a hard, pink coral, and pulled it out of the water. The coral slowly darkened in color.

"Why is it changing color?" Hermione asked.

"This piece is a type called skaperegull coral, if it is pulled out of water it will change color. Flip it upside down."

Hermione flipped it over and saw a soft spot on the bottom. Loki reached over, and dug three fingers into the spot, fishing around for a minute, and pulled something out. Hermione flipped it back over, and carefully put the coral back in its original spot.

Loki cleaned the lump off in the water, and lifted it back out of the water. It was a small, peanut-sized nugget of something pink, and he put it in Hermione's hand.

"It's called gullrosa, a type of gold. Each coral produces it's own color, one nugget a month," Loki explained, as he proceeded to pull out each coral, and give Hermione a different color of gold. By the end, she had gullblågrønn, gullrødt, gullgult, gullhvitt, gullsvart, and a few others. He then handed Hermione a small pouch to put her golds in. She put the golds in the pouch.

"Pick up a soft coral," Loki instructed. Hermione picked up a teal piece. It felt hard underwater, but when she pulled it above-water, it was squishy.

"Why is it hard underwater, but squishy above?"

"Its a shape-shifting coral called skaperediamant," he explained putting his hand in the middle of the coral, and pulled out a teal, peanut-sized crystal. He handed Hermione the crystal, and put the coral back in the water.

"So these produce crystals?" she asked.

"Diamonds," he corrected. "This one's diamantblågrønn." He then pulled out each coral, and handed Hermione a different color of diamond. She had diamantrødt, diamantgult, diamantrosa, and a few others. She put them in the same pouch.

"Now some of these fish," Loki explained, moving her hand near the base of the water. "Have silvers in it," and he put his hand in the water, and quickly grabbed a blue fish. He quickly lifted it over her hand, and the fish spat out a silver and teal marbled nugget of silver. He then put the fish back in the water. "That's probably the only one in this water."

"Fascinating," she complemented. Asgardian anything seemed more interesting than on Earth. She looked up into the waterfall. It was a beautiful light pale blue, with a greenish undertone. The water was cascading down a mountain of dark stones, then slowly opened into the pond. Another thin river left the pond and weaved through the mountains, and thickened the further it went. The stones surrounding the waterfall were covered in a palm-tree green moss.

She pulled down her sleeve, put on her coat, they got up and back to their horses, and they rode through the mountains west into a forest. The trees were all various heights, from a few feet to a few dozen feet. Other than that, the forest was very similar to Earth forests. She still took a couple of pictures.

Loki

A few hours later they returned to Asgard. Loki looked over at Hermione a few times, and each time she was smiling widely. When they returned to the stables, it was about 5 pm. He made a smooth dismount, and Hermione did too.

"Do you want to see something cool?" Loki asked.

"Of course."

Loki started walking towards the southeast, and Hermione walked right next to him. They walked for about 5 minutes, until they came upon a small building. Loki opened the door, revealing a small elevator downward. Hermione entered, Loki followed, closing the door behind them.

It was 5 minute ride, until the door opened, revealing a large cave, with a river running down the middle of the floor. Hermione stepped out the elevator, camera in hand. Loki followed, and stood to her left. He saw her take a picture of the cave floor through the tunnel, and it was printed out of the bottom. Then she took a photo of the cave ceiling. There were clusters of 5 foot tall crystals sprouting from the ceiling.

They walked around the cave for about 10 minutes and Hermione picked up a crystal that was as clear as glass, and they went back up to the mainland. They then walked back to the castle. They went into the gathering room, where Thor, Sif, and Warriors Three were chatting. Hermione went and talked to each individually.

Then, around 6, they all walked together to the dining hall, where they all ate and talked. Hermione talked to Odin, Thor, and Sif the most. Loki overheard Hermione trying to explain Quidditch to Thor, who seemed intrigued in the sport. She also talked to Odin about the perspective that Midgardians had on the Gods. Hermione and Sif mainly talked about the evil in their worlds, Frost Giants, Death Eaters, etc.

Loki couldn't help but notice how interested Hermione was in each conversation she had. She was honest about her opinions, and very personal about them. When she was having a conversation with Warriors Three about betrayal, she told them about how Cho Chang gave information about Dumbledore's Army, and referred to her as a "bitch who didn't keep her promise". 

Loki

Later that evening, at about 8 o'clock, there was a large party for a castle-worker's marriage on the southwest, so Loki took Hermione to the party on his black horse. According to Loki, the worker, Jeana, had Loki's teacher for a long time, teaching him to use his powers. 

There he showed Hermione many popular Asgardian foods and drinks. Like skimdrikke, a foam drink that tasted like like chocolate, creme, and bacon; and svartbiff, a blackened steak that you dip in a spread that tastes like sour cream, cottage cheese, vanilla, and caviar.

She didn't want to leave. She loved Asgard, but she had to go back, to finish her education, to defeat Voldemort, to see her friends again. 

"I wish I could stay," she told Loki later, on the horse back to the castle.

"But you cannot."

"It's a sad thought."

It was about 10:30, and they rode back to the castle so that Hermione could say goodbye. They all bid her goodbye, telling her to come again. She promised she would, and Loki took her to Bifrost Bridge. 

At the telecharger, Hermione dismounted, and Heimdall took her into the telecharger, sending her back to Earth.

Update

Hello! Thank you for reading my story! I'm about half way through the story, and I plan for it to be complete by the new year. 

Speaking of the new year, in January, I will be writing a new story called Bucky - Who Was I? The story will be about 5-7 chapters, and the essential plot will be after Hydra overthrows SHIELD, and after Bucky leaves Steve after Steve almost drowns outside SHIELD headquarters, Bucky goes around, trying to find out who he is, who Steve is, and what all happened.

After that, I will publish another Loki and Hermione story about Hermione and Loki being friends since childhood, and Hermione marries Ron. Loki is heartbroken because he loved Hermione first. Then, Loki accidentally impregnates Hermione a few months after the wedding when Ron is in another realm for work, and a ton of other stuff goes down. (The wizarding world is in Asgard)

Please stay with me! Thank you so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 4.5K 19
Hela was a fourteen year old girl living in an orphanage in New York City. She never knew who her parents were but she did know that they must be spe...
131K 3.7K 13
Loki had enough abuse and torture from Odin in the asgardian prison. Loki leaves and ends up in the dark forest of Hogwarts where a dark haired potio...
Champions By L.W

Fanfiction

558K 16.5K 48
By: Thor's Shadow Published with permission Harry takes a moment to help another Champion during the Second Task, and the unexpected aftermath forev...
292 26 13
16 year old Katianne Potter comes back to Hogwarts expecting another weird year, but thought she could still stick around with her new found friend D...