Her Last Summer (editing)

By krzknots

Mia Evans chooses to keep a newfound predicament a secret. She vows to keep her lively pair of parents, diver... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
HLS - Chapter 10
HLS - Chapter 11
HLS - Chapter 12
HLS - Chapter 13
HLS - Chapter 14
HLS - Chapter 15
HLS - Chapter 16
HLS - Chapter 17
HLS - Chapter 18
HLS - Chapter 19
HLS - Chapter 20
HLS - Chapter 21
HLS - Chapter 22
HLS - Chapter 23
HLS - Chapter 24
HLS - Chapter 25 (Picture of Isaac)
HLS - Chapter 27

HLS - Chapter 26

980 40 8
By krzknots

ABE AND MIA MOMENT GUYS! :D

I was standing more than half naked in the desolate part of the beach with a gorgeous guy I barely knew. Sure, he was my best friend’s cousin however I knew absolutely nothing of him.

“I didn’t think you’d go for it.” Abe chuckled making me jump in surprise. His voice was closer than I thought and surely when I turned around he was all up in my face.

“Woah lover boy! Personal bubble.” I said swimming away from him. My arms were too busy covering my chest and so it was more like walking backwards, very slowly.

Abe gave me a lopsided grin and shifted his eyes to my chest region. “You know if you feel too uncomfortable you can put your top back on. I’m not forcing you into doing this, BELLA.”

I let out a breath in an attempt to calm myself down. “Do I seem that uptight?” I questioned in a small voice.

“No, no. You aren’t uptight.. you just seem a little scared most of the time.” He reassured, his arms flailing here and there as he tried to explain.

I ducked my head. I did do the bold move and stripped down to my underwear. Not to mention gave him a free show of my jiggling ass as I ran her. I might as well man up and make the most of this situation.

“Ok.” I said.

“Ok?” He asked sounding a little confused.

I dropped my arms and swam a little closer. “There. I’m fully naked. Just like you.”

He threw his head back and let out the most melodic laugh ever. “You’re so naive that it’s cute.” He cooed, pinching me on both cheeks.

“Hey!” I protested and slapped his hands away. “How come I’ve never heard about you before?” I asked, changing the subject.

“That’s weird.” He replied. “I’ve heard plenty about you.”

“Really?” I challenged. “Like what?”

“Your dad’s a huge soccer legend. You know your way around the kitchen, kudos to your mom. You were on the track team since forever but dropped the activity for cheerleading last year. What’s the unknown reason?”

“Lacey, former cheer captain got in an accident at the beginning of the year and asked for me to take her place. I don’t even know why she did that, but it was fun.” I answered.

“That’s generous of you. I know that you’re my cousin’s best friend which is a relief since you put her in check and she isn’t in jail yet. You’re beautiful, sweet and smart.” He said bringing a hand up to tuck a strand of long hair behind my ear.

“Wow.” I commented. “You really dug your dirt.”

Abe shrugged. “Jackie likes to talk about you a lot. Never uttered a bad word on you though.”

I smiled. That was sweet. “Wait. How come she never came blabbering about you to me?” I asked.

Abe grinned but never answered. Instead he went underwater. 

That was slightly rude.

I gasped as his two large hands clasped on my hips, bringing me down with him. For a second my body had to adapt to the change of temperature. The cold water ran through my thick hair and face. It was a nice feeling and I relished in it. And then like a click I remembered I was half naked and freaked out again.

“Oh my god!” I squealed as we both resurfaced. “Give a girl a little warning, Abe!”

“Where’s the fun in that?” He chortled.

My cheeks were on fire. I was completely sure that he saw my boobs and that embarrassed me. What was I thinking? Duh! If I agreed to go skinny dipping he’d eventually SEE me. I sometimes questioned my common sense.

“Hey, BELLA. Like I said, I’m not here to make you uncomfortable. Go put your top on.” Abe said stroking my face. I swear everywhere his skin touched mine, an invisible fire erupted. “I don’t know why you’d try to hide though, you’re BEAUTIFUL.”

“Shut up.” I muttered punching him on the arm, completely flustered. “Let’s play the 20 questions game.”

“You love changing the subject don’t you?” He waggled his eye brows and I giggled. “Fine. Let’s play it. You start.”

“Fine. What’s your favorite color?” I asked.

Abe scoffed.

“What?” I asked slightly defensive.

“Such a safe and overrated question, that’s all. Blue.”

“Well I think it’s important! Your turn.” I replied.

“What’s YOUR favorite color?” He asked.

I scoffed at him. “Your question was worse than mine! It’s not even YOURS for I just asked it!”

Abe started laughing like a loon. “Okay okay sorry, but you said it was important to you so now I’m curious. What’s your favorite color, BELLA?”

“White is my favorite color. Before you start on how it’s so boring and plain and-“

“I wasn’t going to complain.” He interrupted. “I think it’s pure and undervalued. Like you.”

I ignored the butterflies. “Do you have siblings?”

“Two sisters. Is it true that you’re a virgin?” He asked.

I choked on my saliva. “I think you just wasted a question. The answer to that is agonizingly obvious.”

“I had to ask.” He said. “You don’t look the part.”

I raised an eyebrow to that. What was that supposed to mean?

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked. I was pretty proud of my cheeks not flaring up.

“Abe leant back on the water so he was horizontal and was now floating. This time I did blush for he put all his goods on full display. I mimicked his actions so I wouldn’t just stand there awkwardly.

“No. But you’re welcome to change that.” His flirting was going to be the death of me. “What’s your favorite meal?” He asked.

“Hm. I love fettucini Alfredo, vanilla ice cream and that pizza we had when we got here. That could be counted as a meal, aye?” I said. “How old are you?” I asked.

Abe chuckled. “I can’t believe you asked me about my favorite color before that. I’m eighteen, just graduated high school. You were a junior right? One more year to go?”

“Hey that counted as a question and yes i was a junior. I’m turning seventeen in a couple of days.” I answered.

“That wasn’t my question!” Abe protested.

“Too bad! Here’s my next one, why haven’t I ever ran into you before?” I asked.

“We weren’t meant to I guess.” Was his reply.

“Hey that was a crappy reply!” I complained.

“The only obligation to the this game was to provide an answer to the question asked. I’m just fulfilling my duty here, BELLA. When’s your birthday?” He asked.

“The 26th of June. Where do you live in Italy?” I asked.

“Rome. What’s your thing? Like what do you like to do best?” He asked.

“Dance.” I replied instantly. “I like to dance. How do you speak such fluent english?” I asked.

“My mother’s greek but was raised in America. Why haven’t you dated till now?” He asked.

“My brother doesn’t ‘approve’ of anyone. But no one has ever really TRIED to date me, you know? Why don’t you have a girlfriend? It’s actually pretty hard to believe.” I said.

“I don’t have A girl friend. I have three.” He replied coolly.

There was a moment of silence where I took in his words and my perfect image of him shattered to pieces. “You should have seen the look on your face! Of course I’m not dating three. I haven’t met the girl that can put up with me yet.” He said with an easy smile and I felt that perfect image of him miraculously joining its pieces together. “What does your brother picture as the perfect boyfriend for his baby sister?” Abe asked.

“Ugh. A blind man who has a phobia from touching people and yet will never leave my side? So you haven’t dated?” I asked.

“I’ve dated. Just never settled down. I’m a busy man, ya know? Who do you like to listen to?” He asked.

“Oh! Don’t ask me that question. My music taste is all over the place. I like Florence and the Machine, Fall out boy, Panic at the disco, Coldplay, The script, Agnes Obel.. I could go on for days.” An image of Abe singing to me on the plane popped into my mind. “You’re really good at singing. Is it like your hobby?” I asked. It was my last question to ask.

Abe turned his head away from me and I could’ve sworn his cheeks were a little pink. “You could say that. It’s my last question isn’t it?”

I nodded.

“BELLA.” He said looking into my eyes. I was getting quiet nervous and the way he was staring at me made the butterflies in my stomach feel like freaking elephants going wild.

“How are you feeling?”

“Oi! What have we got here?!” A male voice that didn’t belong to Abe’s shouted. Abe and I snapped our attention to the man and I was surprised to realize that we’d floated quite a distance away from the beach.

“Shit.” Abe hissed. Before I could question anything he wrapped an arm around me and swam us back to shore. “Stay here. I’ll bring your clothes.”

I was pretty capable of swimming by myself but damn did we get here fast. I watched in horror as the stranger dug through our things. Hey! He was trying to freaking steal our things!

I laughed my but off as the stranger tried to open Abe’s wallet but stopped once he spotted just how naked and angry Abe was. The man let out a high-pitched squeal as he Abe drew his fist back and socked him in the nose. I felt the pain from just watching.

I tried to focused on the blood gushing form the strangers nose but instead found myself staring at Abe’s butt.

“Here!” Abe yelled, throwing my clothes to me. The man stopped his whining to glance at me and when he did his perverted eyes never left mine. I shuddered as I turned around and tied on my bikini top. 

“Asshole! Eyes over here.” I heard Abe growl.

I hastily pulled on my top and denim shorts. I could still feel the creep’s eyes on me. I jogged over to Abe, who was fully dressed now.

“Trying to steal some cash? Not cool man. What the hell, isn’t this supposed to be some protected beach?” Abe said through gritted teeth. The man laying on the ground glared back at him.

“Chill, will ya? I was just bored. I bet I’m loaded then you’ll ever be. Some fine girl you got there.” He said, his eyes sliding back to me.

Abe looked at him like he was crazy, which he was, and then grabbed my hand. “We’re leaving. Don’t you even THINK about coming near us again or else I’ll fuck you up so bad your nose won’t be the only thing bleeding.” I shuddered at the venom in Abe’s voice and the man obviously took the threat seriously for he nodded and held up his hands in surrender. 

“Well today was eventful.” I summarized nudging Abe in the shoulder. We were walking down the wooden walkway to our beach house and Abe seemed to have cooled off. “Mind telling me what you meant by asking how I was feeling? That was completely random, Abe.” I said. However my mind told me it was far from random. The look in Abe’s eyes when he asked me told me he knew something he shouldn’t.

“MIA. ABERTO.” Came a loud, all too familiar girly voice. “Where the hell have you two been?”

Jackie was staring at us with this look that I couldn’t exactly describe. She had her arms crossed and her eyebrows were pushed together in a very scary way. My best friend was beautiful but even I had to admit she was crazy when she was mad.

“Oooooooh Rowan is going to have a cow when he finds out!” She squealed, her face suddenly breaking into the cheshire grin.

“Why would I have a cow..” Rowan said shoving her aside to take a look at us.

Abe and I froze in our spots. Our hands weren’t touching, I didn’t have any hickeys, why was everyone staring at us? Abe cleared his throat and looked down at his shorts and I realized his zipper was undone. My eyes widened in horror as I glanced back at Jackie. She shook her head and pointed at her shirt giving me the slit-your-throat hand gesture and then pointing back at Rowan.

I gulped and looked down at my shirt to find it inside-out.

“Mia. Abe. House. Now!” Rowan barked, moving aside to allow us to shuffle in.

Oh shit.

Vote & comment please :)

Continue Reading