The Way I Love You

By kate241

Paisley Conner has a great life. She has loving parents, caring friends, everything she needs and wants but o... More

The Way I Love You
Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:20
Chapter:21
Chapter:22
Chapter 23
Chapter:24
Chapter:25
Chapter:26
Chapter:27
Chapter:28
Chapter:29
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter:32
Chapter:33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Epilogue

Chapter:12

294K 5.6K 1.7K
By kate241

*Paisley's POV*

Happy. That's what I felt when I woke up the next morning. A small smile made its way onto my face as my eyes slowly fluttered open. The light reached my sensitive eyes and I had to blink a few times until I got used to it. A yawn made its way out of my mouth followed by a surprised squeak as two strong arms tightened around me, pressing me against a hard chest.

I started to panic, until memories from the night before flooded into my mind. I felt a hot blush make its way onto my face as I remembered the possessive way that I had dragged Xander to my room the night before and everything that happened after that. In all honesty I wouldn't have even thought about doing something like that if my wolf hadn't of had as much control as she did. There was probably no doubt in everybody's mind that Xander and I are mates now.

I sighed quietly before gently turning around so that I was facing Xander. My breath caught in my throat as I took in his sleeping form. His dark brown hair was messy from sleep, his eyes were closed and his long black lashes touched his cheeks, his mouth was slightly open and his soft breath fanned over my face every time he breathed out. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist and our chests were touching.

I smiled largely before carefully raising my hand and stroking his cheek. I ran a single finger down his nose and over his eyelids before tracing my finger over his perfect pink lips. I was so busy admiring him that I hadn't even noticed that his breathing had changed and a surprised gasp came from me when Xander took my hand in his. I looked up into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes to see that he was staring down at me in amusement.

"Having fun?" He asked as a laugh passed through his lips. I felt a blush make its way onto my face and I prayed that he didn't notice but of course he did. He smirked before gently running his fingers across my red cheek.

"I love it when you blush, it makes you look even cuter then you already are." Xander spoke as a small smile lit up his face. This, of course, only made me blush even more causing a light laugh to come from Xander. I laid my head down on his chest, in hopes of escaping the embarrassment that I was currently feeling but apparently I wasn't escaping that easily because Xander lightly cupped my face and brought my eyes back up to his.

"Don't hide from me I love every little thing about you, especially your adorable blush." He stated, planting a light kiss on my nose. I suddenly forgot how to breath as I stared up at Xander, all I could think about was what he just said, 'I love every little thing about you.' It kept replaying in my head. Love. It made me think about last night, when I could have sworn that I heard Xander tell me that he loved me.

I was brought back into reality when I felt a pair of soft, warm lips on mine. I was surprised for a moment before I hesitantly kissed Xander back. This kiss wasn't anything like the ones we shared last night, those were all hot and fast, but this kiss it was slow and sweet. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged me impossible closer to him. We had just began to get into the kiss when suddenly my bedroom door was thrown open, reminding me of last night and my mom.

"Hey Paisley! I'm so glad-" Perrie began but completely stopped when she saw what was going on. Hurt flashed through Perries eyes before she turned around and bolted out of the room. I stared after her for a moment before turning back to Xander. He looked guilty and I understood why, Perrie and him kinda had a thing and I'm pretty sure that she thought that they were together.

I sighed and began to pull myself out of Xander's grip until he stopped me by pulling me back down to him.

"Where are you going?" Xander asked looking worried. I frowned down at him and motioned towards the door.

"I have to go talk to Perrie, did you not see how heartbroken she looked. I'm pretty sure that she thought that you guys were a thing." I said and I couldn't help but to let the bitterness seep into my voice towards the end. Xander open his mouth to protest but closed it when he saw the look I was giving him.

"You stay here because we need to have a talk when I get back." I ordered. He narrowed his eyes at me before nodding his head. I stood up and was about to walk away when I was pulled back down. Xander pecked me on the lips before letting me get back to my feet. I rolled my eyes and made my way out of the door. I don't know exactly what's going on between us but we were going to talk about it when I get back.

I walked down the hallway and towards the stairs that would lead me to the next level of the house. I took the stairs two at a time and before I knew it I was standing outside of Perries door. I took a deep breath before knocking quietly. I heard some shuffling inside the room and a few sniffles before the door opened slowly.

When Perrie saw that it was me standing there she scowled and went to close the door but I stopped her.

"Can we talk please?" I asked putting my hand on the door. Perrie glared at me before shaking her head.

"Why? I have nothing to say to you, your nothing but a man stealing whore!" She spat at me. My eyes widened and my wolf growled inside my head. I glared at Perrie before growling.

"You may be upset with me right now but I am your future alpha and you will respect me!" I growled out in my alpha voice. Perrie flinched back and hung her head to show submission.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly. I nodded my head before taking a deep breath.

"It's alright. Can I come in so we can talk?" I asked kindly. I was still kind of angry with her because she disrespected me but I put that aside. She nodded her head and stepped aside to let me in. I strolled into her room and took a seat on her bed while Perrie sat at her desk.

"Look I'm sorry that you had to find out that way." I began but she cut me off.

"Find out what? That you stole my boyfriend?" She snapped. I let out a warning growl and she sighed while closing her eyes.

"Is he your boyfriend though? Did he ask you to be his girlfriend or did you just assume because Xander doesn't do commitment, trust me I should know." I said bitterly. Perrie opened her mouth before closing it again.

"No he didn't, but I just thought that because he was being so nice and sweet to me and acting like a boyfriend that he wanted to be my boyfriend." She answered truthfully. I pursed my lips and remained silent or a moment.

"Exactly. I didn't take something that belonged to you, and even if you guys were dating he would still be mine in a way." I stated. Perrie looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked, running a hand threw her blonde hair.

"He's my mate. Xander is my mate." I said quietly. Perrie gasped but remained silent for a few minutes. I was beginning to think that she wasn't going to say anything when suddenly she jumped up and threw her arms around me.

"Oh I'm so sorry Paisley! If I had known that he was your mate I never would have done anything with him! I feel so terrible! Can you forgive me?" She asked as she pulled away from me. I smiled at Perrie because she sounded genuinely sorry before shaking my head.

"It's not your fault Perrie, you didn't know that he's my mate so don't you go blaming yourself for anything." I demanded with another smile. She sighed in relief before hugging me again then returning to her seat.

"It's such a relief to hear you say that. I promise that I won't even look at him anymore Paisley." Perrie stated. I giggled and nodded my head at her.

"I believe you but if you'll excuse me I have a certain male to go talk to." I said as I stood up and walked to the door.

"Okay. If you ever need to talk I'm here for you." Perrie promised with a huge smile.

"I'll have to take you up on that offer sometime." I answered before walking out the door. I heard Perrie giggle behind me which caused me to smile before I jogged down the stairs and back to my bedroom. I opened the door and saw that Xander was still seated on my bed, waiting for me to get back. As soon as I walked in his head snapped up and he looked to me.

"How did she take it?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders before sitting on the bed across from him.

"She took it fine, she just felt really bad when I told her that we are mates." I stated. Xander nodded his head before staring at me expectantly. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Look I-I, I don't even know where to start." I stuttered out. Xander looked worried but didn't open his mouth.

"I'm just so frustrated and confused! I don't even know what we are!" I said frustrated. Xander looked surprised at my little outburst.

"We're mates." He said quietly. I sighed and looked him in the eyes.

"But are we? Because the last time I checked mates don't hurt each other, mates don't strut around with other girls, and mates don't rip out ones heart and through it on the ground!" I yelled angrily. Xander closed his eyes and dropped his head.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just, I don't know. I-" He began but I cut him off with my bitter laugh.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it Xander. You hurt me, you ripped my heart out and stomped on it repeatedly! I cried myself to sleep to many nights to count, wondering what was wrong with me and why my mate didn't want me! And every time I started to feel even the slightest bit better you come around with one of your whores and ruin it!" I exclaimed angrily. I stared into Xander's eyes and saw the regret but I wasn't done yet, I was finally getting everything off of my chest.

"I started drifting from my friends and family because I didn't want to be a disappointment to them just like I was to my mate! And you know what's the saddest part of it all? That every night I hope and pray that maybe you will change your mind and want me as your mate!" I finished my rant with a single tear falling from my eye. I looked up at Xander to see that he looked extremely guilty. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"Paisley I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I had no idea that that's how you felt, but you are so far from the truth. You are beautiful and incredible and everything that I could ever want in a mate. When I found out that you were my mate I was shocked, I never thought that I would get you as a mate and I knew that I wasn't good enough for you." He paused to take a hold of my hand.

"I was so scared, I was absolutely terrified that I found my mate. I never wanted to find my mate so young and when I found you I panicked! I did the only thing that I knew how to, I pushed you away. I kissed those sluts in front of you because I hoped that it would make you not want me. I figured that if we never got together then I wouldn't have the chance to screw up and hurt you, to lose you, but I ended up hurting you more then I ever imagined possible. I'm an idiot and if I could I would go back and change what I did but I can't and I'm so sorry." Xander finished. I saw tears in his eyes and I knew that he was telling nothing but the truth.

I finally have the reason as to why Xander did what he did but it was nowhere close to what I had thought. I thought that maybe I wasn't pretty enough, or strong enough, something wrong with me but all along it was Xander, it was him being a scardy cat.

I knew that I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it, I burst into a fit of giggles. I laughed and laughed. I laughed all of the stress away and all of the pain. All of my worries seemed to disappear as I laughed. Soon enough I heard Xander start to laugh along with me. I didn't know my he was laughing but I didn't really care because it felt good to just laugh together.

After a few minutes we calmed ourselves down and I looked to Xander to see him staring at me with a twinkle in his eyes. I got lost in his brown orbs and I couldn't seem to find the will power to look away.

"Why were you laughing?" He asked curiously, still maintaining eye contact. I smiled at him before looking away.

"Because that was the dumbest but sweetest excuse I've ever heard." I answered with a giggle. Xander huffed.

"But its the truth." He muttered. I looked at him to see that he was staring at my bed with a hurt look on his face. My eyes widened and I scooted over to him and gently grabbed his face, bringing his eyes up so they were leveled with mine.

"I know it is, and I'm so happy that you finally told me the truth. And I'm so glad that I have you as a mate." I finished in a whisper before planting my lips on his. The kiss was short but sweet and when we pulled away I rested my forehead against his.

"Does this mean that I can have a chance at being the mate that you deserve? Am I forgiven?" He asked in a whisper. I sighed and pulled away from him, looking at the wall behind him.

"I don't know if I'm ready to forgive you, my heart can't take anymore pain and neither can my wolf." I answered quietly. Xander put a finger under my chin and brought my eyes back to his.

"That's okay. I'm willing to give you as much time as you need because for you I'd wait forever." He answered before giving me a light kiss on my lips and standing up. I watched, with his last words ringing in my head, as he walked out of my bedroom door, closing it quietly behind him. Forever. That's a long time and I know that it's not going to take me that long to forgive him but its amazing to know that he's willing to give me as much time as I need to fix my broken heart.

........................................................................

Hey guys! So I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the support that you guys give me, It's what inspires me to write! But I have been getting some mean comments and I would just like to say that those comments really hurt my feelings and I would appreciate it if you would keep them to yourself. Well anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter and thanks for reading!(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 43.8K 28
Paisley Darkwood has been dreaming about one thing her whole life...finding her mate. Oh yeah! I forgot to mention, Paisley is a werewolf. But she's...
6.9K 249 31
Laura lynch a 16 year old girl is living a peaceful life with her friends and family Coltan pine a 20 year old werewolf soon to be alpha is looking...
9.4K 332 25
Sarah is 16years old and happens to be a werewolf. Her past has left her scarred and she can't trust anyone. She was left at a young age by her paren...
3.3M 97.3K 40
"CONNER LET GO OF ME STUPID JERK FACE!" " ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW ARIEL I SAID I FUCKING LOVE YOU!" "LET GO CONNER I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO LOVE ME " "W...