Teacher's Pet

By Laurmani_My_Life

You are the captain of your high school basketball team. Dinah is you Art teacher who you fall for the moment... More

Chapter 1: First Day Back
Chapter 2: Assembly
Chapter 3: Game Day
Chapter 4: The Talk
Chapter 5: Her Place
Chapter 6: The Sleepover
Chapter 7: The Confessional
Chapter 8: Apologies and Extra Credit
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Do Over?
Chapter 11: You got what?!
Chapter 12: Well, that was awkward...
Chapter 12 Part 2: Maybe I do...
Chapter 13: But... It's Just Prom
Chapter 14: Wow, Really?
Chapter 15: The Game
Chapter 15 Part 2: I feel like...
Chapter 16: I'm done
Chapter 17: Oh No...
Chapter 18: I trust you
Chapter 19: No. It's what's best.
Chapter 20: Damn...
Chapter 21: One door closes
Chapter 22: When shit hits the fan
Chapter 23: Welp, there's that.
Chapter 24: Grammy Awards
Chapter 25: Who Are You?
Chapter 26: The Court is Now in Session
Chapter 27: That went well...
Chapter 28: The end...?
Epilogue: No...
New Year

Epilogue: Just The Beginning.

10.4K 301 198
By Laurmani_My_Life

A/N Word count.... 10,025.... ENJOY!!

Six Years After Trial...

Waking up, I was extremely worried about today. I've only experienced this feeling once before in my life and that was six years ago in high school. But the added pressure of today only made me feel nauseous. And my best friends were not making it any better with the texts they've been sending me since last night. Especially since they're the reason I'm nervous, but I would never let them know that.

After I graduated top of my class with a Fine Arts degree 2 years ago, as soon as I walked off the stage the new head coach of the Minnesota Lynx approached me. When I started undergrad the Lynx were starting to go downhill and they never really recovered from it. But I heard that this coach specialised in making low ranking teams, high again. So, when she offered me a 2 year contract, and if everything she planned goes right, then later I could get a 4 year one, I accepted.

Going from college basketball to the WNBA was definitely a change in pace. Especially for me. After all the hype I got from college ball, them finding out I accepted to be apart of a low ranking team didn't set well with my fans or my growing fan base. But, once I brought home the first Championship in 6 years for the Lynx, they stopped calling me names and instead I got the tag 'Female Stephen Curry'.

I was even able to meet him after everyone started with the name. My fans even named themselves after what me and his 'ship name' would be in the least romantic way possible; except for the few dreamers who would just try to trend #Y/S/NIsReal all the time. He was really cool about it, though, and after people saw us hanging out we really blew up and now whatever sponsors he has, so do I.

Nadia and Lauren were so jealous because they just knew we would all get out of school at the same time and all the fame would spread evenly. But because Lauren decided to double major in Gym and Music, at Syracuse University, she had to wait another year to clean up some miscommunication with what credits she should've and shouldn't have taken.

Nadia though, she decided to make life really hard and doubled in Gym and Math. I don't know why she loves math so much but she was the smartest one at Michigan State University and they were all sort of upset when she picked basketball over math.

Which brings me back to why I'm nervous today. My team is undefeated, 10-0, and when Nadia and Lauren got drafted by the Dallas Wings this year, the thing that sold them on accepting was the phrase, and I quote, "Wouldn't it be great for The Y/N Y/L/N to lose to her two bestest friends in the world?". And on their first year, so far, they are also 10-0.

Ever since they found out we were playing each other they wouldn't shut up about it. They always reference the one time that both Syracuse and Michigan State beat Duke my sophomore year one time. But they fail to accept the fact that the games were played back to back right after I injured my ankle so I couldn't play at 100%. But after tonight I'll show them that that won't ever happen again.

Matt and Alicia no longer live with me. After about six months after I left the house with them, my parents fixed their marriage. They needed to see a counselor because when they tried to talk themselves it would still end in arguments. Turns out the problem was that my dad thought my mom would leave him because of the trial. But she never wanted that, she just wished he would have listened to me so we wouldn't have waisted money on a trial that didn't even get a guilty verdict.

Not that that was what she wished for, but the only difference between now and six years ago before they knew is just that I'm not living at home anymore and I still don't talk to my dad. He still doesn't believe that Dinah loved me back then and that she's still a predator. So we never rekindled anything.

And as for Dinah. After the phone call three years ago when she said she wanted me, I waited days, weeks and months just for her to tell me that Colin wanted to try again, and he didn't want to leave knowing that they might of had something "special". So she stayed with him for 3 more months. So now it's going on six years I haven't seen the Polynesian that still has my heart.

Ally, Camila and I would talk every now and then. But with the awkward relationship I had with Dinah it wasn't that much. Nevertheless, Ally married Troy within the six years and they had adorable twin boys. Mila actually started to date Shawn and they are now engaged planning their wedding. Which is going to be a spring wedding and it's going to be adorable. Goals.

In that time period, I didn't talk to Dinah but, Zendaya and I were "Friends with Benefits" up until I got drafted. Then after that I slept with three more girls. The last two girls were the night after I won the first Lynx Championship. TMZ saw me and the girls leaving the after party to go to my hotel where my team was staying, and watched me say goodbye to them in the morning as well. And Dinah didn't take to kindly to that. Especially when she found out I was sober the whole time. After she broke up with Colin, three years ago, she called me and basically told me everything I told her back then while I was sitting on the plane. I told her that I love her but I can't let her break my heart for a fourth time if she just decides to bail on me again.

She accepted that and ever since we would talk every couple of months. But when she saw the girls she had had enough and called me. She was crying and saying that she can't take me not loving her the way I used to. Especially when all I've done since she told me they broke up was "party, travel, drink, smoke, and fuck bitches." Her words not mine. I told her that until she can prove to me that she deserves the love I gave her way back when, then I'll take her back with open arms. But she said I had to stop all the partying, and smoking, and drinking. Especially screwing other girls. I told her she had until my contract was up to prove it.

Ever since then, we were basically one. She would be the first and last thing on my mind just like she used to be. I would talk to her a few days a week. I'd be lucky if I got 5 out of the 7 days, but we would be fine with 3 or 4. In my head, she had won me back the minute we hung up the phone after our deal. But I couldn't let her know, at least not now, that she had that type of pull over me.

She called me on my way to the stadium and relieved most of the nerves I had. We talked about anything and nothing during the duration of my trip. When I told her I had to go she made a noise that she makes when she's whining and starting to pout. I told her I'd call her later and we could finish talking then. She agreed saying she'd see me soon. She said she likes to say it so maybe one day she'll say it and it will be true. But she's been saying it for 3 years now.

I was still nervous about the game but I didn't think it was nerves. My stomach felt more like something was eating my insides. Something felt different about today and I couldn't put my finger on it as I put on my uniform with my favorite number on it.

The game was about to start soon, so after a quick talk in the locker room, we ran out warming up. Once the clock got down to a minute I rounded my team up. Something I brought to them from my high school years was the "Our Father Prayer". We didn't say it once before a game last year and we were losing by half time. During halftime we said it and after that we came back, winning by over 20 points. So, now it's tradition.

The announcer called out the starting five from each team and Laur, Nadia, and I were all on it. We were getting in our positions for tip off when we spoke.

"You ready to lose again, Y/L/N?"

Lauren said standing beside me, smirking. I rolled my eyes at her.

"In your dreams, Jauregui."

She was still smirking when Nadia spoke standing on the other side of the half point line.

"Yeah, the odds are definitely not in your favor today."

I laughed at them both before responding.

"That's what y'all think, but I'm feeling lucky tonight."

I said as the first whistle was blown for us to get into position. I crouched over, along with Lauren and the other players, as our tallest members got ready to hit the ball to one of the teams. As the ref threw the ball in the air my team got the ball. They threw the ball to me and we ran to set up the first play.

The first half of the game was close the whole time. The girls and I would make faces at each other every time they scored on me or vice-versa. We were still serious but anytime we could rub a move or good play in the others face, we would. Like when I crossed over Lauren making her trip; then I proceeded to score. I'm never letting her live that one down.

By half time the score was 59 - 60 and we were up by a point. I made sure to rub that in as I walked to the locker room seeing as it was my free foul shots that Nadia gave me that gave us the lead.

In the locker room the coach and I didn't really have much to input on the team's performance so far. They were fighting hard and it showed. Coach did have something to say about me playing around with the girls though, but I playfully waved her off since I wasn't going to stop. So we had about 10 minutes, out of the given 15, to warm-up for the second half. I told them to go on though because I needed to re-wrap my ankle. I pulled a muscle in it my sophomore year, so now I can only play if it's wrapped at all times. Doctors orders.

As I made my way out I saw that the girls had left one of the basketballs we needed to warm up with. Assuming they were waiting for me to come and give it to them I made my way over there.

As I walked out I had that weird feeling in my stomach again. I couldn't put my finger on it so I shook it off. I had a awkward since of deja vu, though, when I walked into the gym. I was looking at the ground and the feeling got stronger to the point where I thought something was actually wrong with me. Once I looked up though, I stopped moving altogether.

I saw a familiar dirty blond haired woman standing about 50 feet in front of me near the half court line slightly on the court. I heard my team call my name since they were, like I predicted, waiting for me to bring the ball. She turned at the call of my name and when her eyes locked with mine the ball fell from my grip. My team was still calling for me to throw the ball but it was all idle noise in my head now. Especially since it was really her, in the flesh.

She did this little wave, smiling the smile that make my lungs and heart stop moving simultaneously. Without thinking I took off towards her. She quickly braced for me running at her and caught me when I jumped into her arms with my legs going around her waist. I immediately started crying when I was in her arms, my head instinctively finding her neck. The crowd aww'd at what I did.

I heard and felt her crying as well which made me pull back. My hands went from around her neck and started wiping at her tears while I was still in her arms. I looked back into her eyes and did something I hadn't been able to do in six years. Kiss her.

As soon as I did I could faintly hear my team and the audience going crazy. I assumed by now they had us on the big screen in the middle of the court. I blanked them out though, getting too caught up in the kiss that still gave me butterflies and made me lose my breath all at once, even after all the time apart. Once we had deepened the kiss I started hearing my team, along with who I could make out as Lauren and Nadia, yell extremely sexual obscenities at us. I pulled away from her laughing at my team and friends. I jumped down and hugged her again before pulling back.

"I can't believe you're here. What are you doing here? I missed you so much. How did you get here?"

I said very jittery and all in a rush. She laughed at me once I stopped talking. I got the same butterflies I used to get when she would laugh. I stared at her admiring all of her features that only defined slightly over the years. By the time she was done laughing at me I leaned in to kiss her again catching her by surprise but she reciprocated quickly after.

"Y/L/N! Go get the ball and get your ass over here so you can win this game! You can do that later... After we win!"

My coach yelled at me making me pull away from Dinah but not moving. She giggled shaking her head at me.

"Just as stubborn as always. Go and win. I'll be here, cheering you on."

She said, the breathtakingly gorgeous smile never leaving her face. I nodded at her not being able to find anymore words. Still not moving away from her, though.

"Last chance, Y/L/N!"

My coach yelled. She laughed again before pecking me on the lips.

"Go!"

I actually removed myself from her this time.

"Sorry coach!"

I said looking at her. She rolled her eyes and looked and pointed at the clock, that now had 7 minutes left on it. Damn. I ran to get the ball and threw it to my team as I yelled out a lay-up drill for them to do. Before I got into a line for the drill I called out, I ran to Dinah as she was walking to find her seat. I spun her around and kissed her again catching her by surprise yet again.

"Okay now I'm done."

I whispered against her lips. She laughed yet again before yelling at me... again.

"Go!"

After seeing Dinah, I had the same burst of energy I had six years ago at our first home game. Once the second half started, our teams still went back and forth with the lead. By the time 35 seconds were left on the clock the score was 99-98 with the Wings in the lead.

Our team had the ball and I decided to show the girls something a little old. I taught my team a play a lot like the one we did for our first home game. So when I called it, Lauren and Nadia didn't realize what was happening until I went for a lay-up and threw the ball out to my teammate. She shot the ball from inside the three-point line, though, but still made the shot.

The Target Center went wild with our teams fans. With us now in the lead we sped to the other side of the court and set up for defense. We were in a man to man defense and my coach made me have Lauren. So with me being me, I proceeded to talk shit to her to throw her off. It worked too. Her team passed her the ball and I brought up Normani and she froze for a second too long. I hit the ball but Nadia's sneaky self decided to catch the ball before my team did and made a lay-up.

There was 10 seconds left and after we passed the ball inbounds my team ran down the court and as soon as we passed the half court line we called a time out. When I went over to the side with my team I spoke quick seeing as the time out was only 30 seconds.

(https://youtu.be/T7r5aOWn8bc -- go to 2:05 and that's the last play I'm trying to describe below)

"Coach pass me the ball."

I said downing some water right after.

"No. We need to set a play up so we can make the points."

I shook my head sitting down while the team gathered around me and her.

"They're expecting a play. Lauren and Nadia are over there thinking I'm going to go through a play so at the last second I can make a shot because that's how I used to think in high school. Their gonna do zone defense and everyone is going to look at me at the last possible second. Pass me the ball first and they'll be thrown off."

She still looked unsure and I heard the referee's blow their whistles telling us to get back on the court.

"Trust me."

She took a second then nodded.

"Okay, fine. Pass Y/N the ball the second she's open. Got it?"

She said to the other four going on the court. They nodded and we all ran out and set up for our sideline inbound play. Everyone was crowded and as soon as the whistle blew everyone ran out somewhere else than me and the Wings set up a man to man at first and had me worried. But as soon as I got open the ball was thrown to me.

After that everything went in slow motion. Lauren was behind me so I pivoted to the right to see the court. As I did that, the Wings slowly moved into a zone making me make my move. I dribbled the ball up towards the paint and Nadia ran up to try and help Lauren defend me. I took a huge step back shooting the ball making it a fade away shot. The moment the ball left my fingertips the buzzer went and I watched as the ball made its way threw the net. We won 101-102.

My team ran around going crazy along with the stadium. I looked at Lauren and Nadia who were just shaking their heads at me. I looked at them smirking before being jumped on by some of my teammates. After they got off me I went and told the Wings that they played a good game. Once I got to Nadia and Lauren I put my finger on my chin looking up like I was in thought.

"What was it y'all were saying about the odds being in your favor, tonight?"

I said smiling soon after, while they rolled their eyes but smiled too.

"Don't be an ass about it, Y/N."

Lauren said shoving me on my shoulder.

"Yeah. Plus you had an unfair advantage."

I raised my eyebrows at them when Lauren nodded her head agreeing with Nadia.

"And what the hell was my advantage?"

"You got like weird Dinah confidence. The same thing happened on our first home game when she came."

Lauren cut her off but finished the thought.

"Yeah, you like get weirdly better than what you played before and then make game winning shots."

I laughed at them while they were talking.

"Sounds like saltiness to me."

I said. They were about to answer back but the floor was filled with news teams and we had a lot of interviews to do for this game. Every interview went the exact same. Nadia and Lauren left early since Normani and Trey came and took them away. Yeah, both couples have been going 6 years strong. Married as well and everything. Goals times two.

But luckily I was on my last interview for tonight before I could leave.

So how do you feel right now?

Great. Being able to even show my talents to the world is otherworldly.

I say trying to be as humble as you can in with this type of fame.

And I saw you talking to Lauren and Nadia a few minutes ago. What did they have to say about your big win?

They were upset, but we're best friends. Some game isn't going to change that. No matter how much they wish they were me.

The interviewer laughed at me and I smile back politely.

And we saw all the kisses you shared with Colin Kaepernick's ex-girlfriend Dinah Jane. Care to share how you two know each other?

Lets just say that me and Dinah have a history. And no offense to Colin, but

I looked slightly behind the interviewer and saw Dinah making her way through some fans she accommodated over the years from being with Kaepernick. She looked at me and smiled and I smiled back. The few fans turned and saw me and immediately started asking her questions, assuming about me. I looked back at the interviewer.

But, no matter what happens with our lives me and Dinah always find our way back to each other. No matter what happened or happens.

The interviewer smiled widely at me.

So would you say that you two are soulmates?

I looked back to Dinah and saw she was making her way towards me. Without my eyes leaving her, I replied.

Definitely.

She met my eyes and smiled and waved her hand in a "come on" motion. I looked back at the interviewer before she could ask another question.

Excuse me but I have to go.

I said politely. She turned around and saw Dinah and her cameraman followed her eyes until they landed on Dinah. She waved to the camera and the interviewer, then they both turned back towards me.

Of course. Thanks for the interview.

I nodded and walked up to her. She grabbed my hands but we didn't move from where we were. I saw some of the few new casters that were left recording our interaction and I knew that we would be trending every where for a while.

"You want to go for a walk somewhere and catch up?"

I asked her intertwining our fingers. I looked down at our hands and just watched as I played with them. I still couldn't believe she was actually here.

"Yeah. That would be nice."

She said making me look back up at her glowing eyes. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, let me go change and get my stuff."

I said. She nodded her head and I backed away letting go of her hands at the last second making her giggle. I turned around and basically skipped to the locker room, I was so giddy.

Once I was done and clean I threw my duffel bag in my locker, putting now dirty uniform in the basket so they can be cleaned, and walked out to the court. Dinah was standing in the middle of the court with her back to me while the clean up crew walked around her doing their jobs. As I approached her I spoke.

"Like the view."

She turned around and smiled softly.

"I do now."

I rolled my eyes at her but blushed making her smile wider. I grabbed her hand and we walked out. She said she parked a little while away in front of some strip so we just strolled in that direction. We didn't actually start talking until about 5 minutes into our walk. We just were silent and enjoyed the fact that we were together again.

"You never answered my question."

I said looking at her.

"Well, you asked a few of them. Which one would you like the answer to first?"

She said. I smiled and looked back out in front of me, her doing the same.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, after you left, I taught at the high school for two more years. The principal just told me to tell the students that it was all a misunderstanding and I wasn't really charged with anything since there were no charges on my record."

"After that though I decided to go back to school and get my Ph. D. full time. Luckily my parents helped me out so I didn't go into debt while trying to keep my place and be a full time student. But once I was finished I applied to a bunch of jobs all over the place. And a lot of them accepted me but I wanted a certain position and they weren't offering it so I waited until I found a job that could."

"One of the places called and actually offered the position I wanted the first time. I went in for the interview and they accepted me on the spot. I start in a week."

We stopped in front of a car I was assuming was hers since we were also in front of the strip she was talking about. I turned to face her though finishing our conversation.

"That's great, Dinah. Congratulations. But that still doesn't really explain why you're in Minneapolis."

She shook her head at my persistence and smiled.

"I got the job at MCAD."

My eyes widened and she laughed at my reaction.

"The Minneapolis College of Art and Design?"

I said still shocked by what she was saying.

"I'm head of the Fine Arts Department as of a few hours ago."

"Dinah that's 20 minutes from The Target Center,"

She giggled and nodded her head.

"I know."

"And I live halfway between them."

She raised her eyebrows at that admission.

"Good to know, seeing as I'm living on campus until I can figure out where to move in this place."

I just stared at her still in shock over the fact that she followed me to Minnesota. She laughed and spoke again.

"You told me to prove it to you, so here I am. So, how do you feel about me living 10 minutes away from you again?"

I smiled widely at her and hugged her making her squeak in surprise but laughed and embraced me back. I whispered my answer into her ear.

"Amazing."

She shivered making me smirk and pull away from her. She looked behind you and then back into your eyes.

"Wanna go to the bar?"

She asked pointing at it. I turned around and saw the little pub I never heard of. I looked back at her and shook my head. She frowned, her face asking why so I spoke.

"Well, since you decided to park a few minutes away from my place, and I've never heard of this place before, why don't you come for some free alcohol at mine's?"

She raised one of her eyebrows and smirked at me while taking a small step back and crossing her arms.

"Are you trying to get me drunk so you can have your way with me?"

I laughed at her throwing my head back. When I looked back at her she still had an amused look on her face.

"Of course not."

I said looking into her eyes.

"But I mean, if you want that to be how the night ends I could totally make that happen for you."

I said, smirking at her and taking a step to close the distance between us. My hands on her hips. Her breath hitched and she started to blush. I smiled widely at her and she rolled her eyes pushing me away from her.

"God, it's like you went to college and became twice the flirt, and ass, you used to be."

I laughed at her and took her hand intertwining our fingers.

"Come on."

I whispered, about to pull her in the direction of my house, but a familiar voice made me stop moving.

"Get a room, nasties."

Me and Dinah both turned towards the sound and I immediately smiled. I heard Dinah's breath hitch and her body stiffened next to mine.

"Oh my god! Hey, it's been forever."

I said going over and hugging her.

"I know. But how are you? And your parents?"

I rolled my eyes when she brought up my parents.

"Well, as you can see, I'm great. As well as my mother and father. But me and my dad have been having issues about who I chose to love, so we haven't spoken in a few years."

"But enough about me. How are you and the beau?"

I asked before looking at the pre-teen who was now clutching onto my side. I picked her up speaking to her too.

"And you too? You're getting so big since the last time I saw you."

She just giggled and put her head in my neck making me and the other woman smile.

"We're great. She just started forth grade and I still can't get over how fast the years have gone by."

She said looking at her daughter, before looking slightly behind me at the woman who hasn't said anything.

"Hey, Y/N/N? I think you should check on your girl. She looks like she's about to pass out."

I turned around to see she was right. Dinah's face was still in shock and had paled slightly since I moved away. I held up a finger to the woman, setting down the girl, and went over to talk to Dinah.

"Hey, you alright?"

I said lowly, so only she could hear me. She looked at me and shook her head. I raised an eyebrow in question, and she answered it.

"Y/N. That's Beyoncé and Blue Ivy. No, I'm not okay."

She said under her breath and in an "are you stupid" tone making me giggle at her.

"Well, I wasn't joking when I said I knew her. She's like family."

I said to her and she rolled her eyes before looking back at them. I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards them.

"Come on."

I whispered to her like before, and pulled her towards the other two. When we walked over, Dinah was still in a shock so, I spoke for her.

"So, remember when I said my dad didn't agree with who I loved? Well, this is who I was talking about. Dinah meet Beyoncé, and Bey, meet your biggest fan, Dinah Jane."

Beyoncé smiled and stuck out her hand for Dinah to shake. Which she did with a very unsteady hand. Looking for an opportunity to break the ice for Dinah, I decided to embarrass her because... well why not?

"Come on, D, say something. You got a tattoo about her for god sakes."

Her head whipped to look at me as she gasped and hit me in my arm. I hissed in pain while the other two laughed at us.

"You are such an asshole."

I shrugged and looked back to her.

"It got you to say something, didn't it?"

She rolled her eyes before speaking to Bee for the first time tonight. I decided to talk to Blue since I knew Dinah was living a dream she's had for many years. Seeing Dinah's walls slowly go down and her be more comfortable in front of her idol made me extremely fluffy inside. I'm glad I was, without really trying, giving her something that made her this happy.

After a few minutes, Me and Blue rejoined the conversation. Beyoncé asked why my dad didn't like her after a little while and Dinah answered.

"Well, we didn't really start dating legally, if that makes any sense."

She raised her eyebrows and looked to me for an explanation. I sighed before rolling my eyes.

"Remember that girl I had told you about when I was a senior who I couldn't date because it would be wrong too."

She took a second before nodding remembering.

"Well, she was 23 back then and I was 17."

I said hoping she would catch my drift, not really wanting to say the actual words in front of Blue, since it isn't really the right thing to do. Which she did, seeing as her eyes widened in realization.

"Oh! She was the 'girl' in your art class."

She said making quotations with her hands making us laugh but nod in agreement.

"Yup, this is her."

"Well, I'll talk to your dad. Because she's beautiful and she reminds me of myself when I was her age. And she's a truly genuine person and that's rare to find with growing fame. I speak from experience."

She said chuckling.

"But we have to go. We were just on our way to the hotel. Jay has a layover here tomorrow and we were going to meet him at the airport before we all go overseas. But it was nice meeting you Dinah, and seeing you, Y/N."

She said hugging Dinah, who looked like she was going to pass out again, then me. I then picked up the 9 year old and kissed her all over her face making her laugh before hugging her and setting her back down.

"You too, Bey. Keep in touch, alright. And tell the family I said hey. And tell Bianca I'm still waiting on that call."

She nodded saying she will, before walking in the same direction we had just came from. I looked at Dinah and she was just staring off into space with a huge smile on her face.

"Beyoncé called me beautiful."

She said under her breath. I laughed loudly before kissing her cheek and grabbing her hand, pulling her in the direction of my house.

Walking in, I told her to make herself at home and went to get us something to drink. When I walked into my living room I saw her walking around looking at all the pictures on the ledge above my fireplace and the trophy case I had next to it in the corner. I set the drinks on the table and went to stand next to her.

"I'm so proud of you."

She said lowly, looking at the picture of me and my team holding our championship trophy. She then moved to the picture I had with my mom of me in my cap and gown holding my Fine Arts Degree.

"Well that's what I was aiming for."

I said looking at her side profile as she continued to examine the pictures. After looking at the rest of the pictures and the awards I won, we settled onto the couch.

"What exactly is this?"

She asked while looking into her glass filled with brown liquid.

"What you don't trust me?"

I said taking a sip of my own drink of the same thing.

"I mean, you could be drugging me."

I rolled my eyes setting my glass down on my coffee table.

"Right. Cause I have to drug you in order to get you to do what I want."

I said leaning back. She did that same one eyebrow raised face from earlier.

"Not what I meant, Dinah."

"Mmhmm."

She said leaning back as well.

"Its rum and coke, by the way."

I said, and she took a sip soon after.

"Hmm. Not bad."

She said taking another sip then setting it down next to mine, then leaning back.

"I can't believe I just met Beyoncé."

She said in a dreamlike state, probably remembering what just happened.

"I told you I could have you meet Beyoncé. You didn't believe me?"

She rolled her eyes at me but was still smiling.

"And you got really lucky. She usually doesn't bring Blue out because she still feels she's too young for the spot light. Even if they aren't in it like that anymore now, y'know?"

She smiled and nodded in agreement. But suddenly broke into giggles. I smiled at her as she did.

"What?"

She shook her head, but then exhaled heavily.

"I just, so much happened today that I've been wishing for, for years. It's just feels so unreal."

I smiled at her as she continued to think about her day. She eventually noticed the silence and looked at me with a soft smile and blush on her face. We looked at each other for a while until I decided to ask a question I knew would be sort of... extremely random.

"How do you feel about us getting married?"

Her eyes widened and she had a shocked look on her face. She didn't say anything for a few minutes, making me speak again.

"I'm sorry. I know it's random. But I mean, it's just been on my mind since we first met and even over the last six years. I just wanted to know if you ever thought about it as well."

Her face softened, but I could still tell that she was shocked. She didn't talk for a while, and I thought that maybe I was rushing things. So, I was prepared to change the subject, when she opened her mouth to speak.

"I can't think of a time, since we met, when I didn't think about it."

She said looking at me. My nerves dropped and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I went through all of this,"

She said moving her hands around.

"Just so one day, I can wake up and know that this,"

She motioned between us.

"Will be forever."

I smiled at her and she smiled back. I didn't say anything back to her for a while. But I eventually got up and went into my bedroom, leaving her confused on the couch.

As I walked back into the living room I felt my nerves build back up again. I don't know why. It wasn't like I was actually going to ask her anything. It was just something I wanted to let her know.

I sat back down on the couch just looking at the box in my hand. I was playing with it in my hands trying to think of what I was actually going to say; seeing as I didn't think I was even going to be doing this today, or any day for that matter. I still was looking at the box when I saw Dinah reach out and place her hand on top of mine so they would stop moving.

I looked up at her and she looked at me with her eyes saying that it was okay for me to talk. I smiled softly at her and looked back at the box again before shifting to face her as best as I could on the couch. My eyes met hers again and I finally found my words.

"I bought this 3 years ago, the same day you called me, as soon as we got off the phone."

She was surprised but still stayed silent so I could finish what I wanted to say.

"I've known what I wanted for about 6 years now, and it hasn't changed and it will never change. If we break down the logistics of everything, we only really have been together for 5-6 months. But I have loved you since that day I told you all those years ago. And we've been through so much in those few months, it's felt like so much longer."

She had tears in her eyes and it made me think of how Gordon told me that she rarely cries. But for some reason she always seems to in front of or because of me. I opened the box and showed her the ring inside of the box. She gasped when she saw it.

"I know you hate when I make rash decisions, but I bought this one for you when I propose."

It was a rose gold and silver engagement ring. It had infinity signs on both sides of a princess cut diamond, that had smaller diamonds leading to it. ( http://www.barkevs.com/rose-gold-engagement-ring-8018ltw/ -- This is the ring)

"But, I looked throughout the years and came across another ring,"

I said pulling another box from my back pocket.

"And thought this would look way better on your finger as an engagement ring."

I opened the box to reveal another rose gold ring. But this one had a princess cut diamond in the middle, with little princess cut diamonds surrounding it. Then on the band there were three rows of more small diamonds going half way around the band on the top, side, and bottom of it. I have to admit, buying two rings was really expensive. But when it came to Dinah, I don't think I would ever do anything not top of the line for her.

"I'm not asking you to marry me. Not yet, anyway. Especially since we just got back together, or whatever it is we are doing. But I wanted you to know that it's been a prominent thought on my mind. And I definitely want this - us - forever."

She had a few tears running down her face and she still hadn't spoken.

"So,"

I started, putting the second ring on the table and taking the first one out of the box. Then setting the now empty box next to the other.

"Instead of proposing with this one, I'm going to make a promise like I did last time with the roses... And this necklace."

I said as my hand reached to her neck and I pulled out the necklace with my initial on it I gave her that she had hiding under her shirt. I played with it for a second, then let my hand fall to her right one and slid the ring onto her ring finger.

"This one will represent a lot of promises I've made and this one new one. That one day, I'll get on knee, or on a big screen, or just in front of you and a million stars, and I'll ask you to be my wife."

I looked at her hand and back to her to see she was looking at her right hand in awe. I smiled softly and stood up and went to put the other ring back. I turned to look at her before she disappeared from my view, and she was still in the same position she was in a few seconds ago. I continued my journey to my drawer putting the box back inside the bag it came in, then inside another slightly bigger bag. Then, I put it under some of my clothes.

I took a deep breath as I closed the draw. When I turned around I almost died. Dinah was standing at the doorway of my bedroom, looking at the ring on her finger, still. I breathed a sigh of relief, my hand flying over my heart.

"Jesus, D, you scared the hell out of me."

She was still standing in the doorway looking at her hand. I walked over and stood in front of her. I took her right hand into mine and she finally looked up at me.

"You don't have to wear it. You could, I don't kn--"

She grabbed my face making me stop, and spoke lowly and with force, yet desperation.

"Shut up and kiss me."

I was set back at first but listened to her. My hands fell to her hips and hers stayed on my face as our lips connected. I sighed when our lips touched but soon regretted it when she took my lips into hers, taking my breath away. Then she did it again and I started to feel light headed as my breaths got quicker and more shallow.

She finally let my lips go and it took me a second to open my eyes. Once I did, I was met with chocolate orbs staring back into mine. I was still trying to catch my breath when I decided speak.

"When did you learn to do that?'"

I asked looking at her lips as one of my hands left her side and went to her mouth. My thumb tracing over her mouth and pulling her bottom lip down until it couldn't anymore and it went back to its original position with a soft popping sound. She smiled at my actions and the question.

"About the same time you became this romantic."

She said nodding her head towards the ring on her right hand.

"And we are together. There is nothing else. No one else."

"No one else."

I replied before looking back into her eyes. It was a look I saw plenty of times over the last 6 years; especially in our relationship. And after hearing what she had to say about us, I had no problem with listening to that look. I leaned in taking her lips in mine. Her arms wrapped around my neck and mine went further around her waist leaving no space between our bodies.

Not thinking she was going to make a move after that, I slowly moved my hands up to start to take off her shirt, but she quickly pulled back away from me. I was confused and thought I had did something wrong. Until, she pulled her shirt off quickly throwing it somewhere else, then doing the same thing to my shirt.

I was still shocked by her movements which she smiled at, then took a step forward taking my lips back into her mouth doing the same thing she did before leaving me lightheaded and attempting to gasp for air once again. She walked us backwards until I hit the bed, which, made her pull away from me again.

"God, you're good at that."

I said out of breath. She didn't respond and instead pushed me so I fell back onto my bed. She, then, proceeded take her pants off while standing inches in front of me causing me to gawk at her.

"Fuck. You are gorgeous."

I said under my breath and when she finished taking them off I pulled her on top of me so she was straddling my lap. She squealed at the sudden movement but didn't resist when I kissed her with much determination. I flipped our positions so I was hovering over her as she was now laying down.

My hands were next to her head holding me up as I kissed down her neck. The further down her neck I went the more she moved under me. I felt her hands move to the waistband of my sweats, pushing them down as far as she could with our positions. I sat up onto my knees and she followed pulling my pants further down, kissing up my stomach as she did. Once my pants reached as far as they would go, I pushed her back down and kicked the rest of them off with my feet.

I attached my mouth back to her neck, this time going to her sweet spot purposely leaving another mark on her. She moaned and arched her back making me move to her pulse point doing the same thing. Her hands went to my back and she undid my bra. Before I could finish taking it off she flipped us back over so she was now on top and my bra was loosely covering my breasts.

She then sat up on to her knees, taking my bra off all the way in the process. I leaned up kissing up her stomach like she did mine, but I stopped and gave her a hickey right on the mole to the right of her belly button.

She, then, pushed me back down and kissing me with lots of passion. I took her bra off, throwing it off to the side. And she took my hands and put them above my head, intertwining them in the process forcing our chests together and the first moan of many to leave my mouth.

"Come on, Dinah."

I said breathlessly as she was now attacking my neck. I felt her smirk and suck harder, more than likely, leaving a mark. She moved to a different spot, speaking before she went any further.

"You sure do say 'come on' a lot."

After she said that she bit harshly on my sweet spot making me gasp and arch my back into her.

"Shit. Well maybe you should listen."

She giggled then came back up to my lips hovering over them, pulling away slightly when I tried to close the gap but her grip on my hands never loosened.

"You cuss a lot now, too."

She pecked my lips quickly, not giving me enough time to reciprocate. I groaned in frustration and used the strength, I knew I had over her from the 10 plus years of basketball training, I had to flip us back over. She gasped at the quick movement.

"Holy shit."

She mumbled under her breath. I smirked forcing her hands above her head like she had mine, except I had her wrists. I went to her sweet spot again sucking harshly on it so it would turn a darker purple than it would've been. The pain and pleasure had her say the same cuss word under her breath again but in a gasp. I pulled back waiting for her eyes to open and meet mine before I spoke.

"Hmm, who's the one cussing now?"

She rolled her eyes and tried to connect the gap I had between our lips.

"Or the one rushing me now?"

She whined arching her back and thrusting her hips trying to get any friction she could to her still covered lower region.

"Let's see how many times I can get you to cuss and beg for me to keep going."

I husked into her ear causing her to shiver and say 'fuck' a little louder than her previous times making me smile and look back at her.

"You're an ass."

"I know. And that's number 4 by the way."

I said then kissed her again. I left her mouth going past her neck and to her breasts.

"I'm gonna do something I've seen on tumblr a few times."

I told her more than asked. She didn't respond and I started to pepper kisses on her breasts, bitting softly on her nipples before I did what I told her I would.

The kisses slowly became more harsh and eventually turned into me leaving four or five hickeys on the top of her breasts. I, then, went right in between the two and left a hickey there. Then, I went a inch or two down leaving another mark on her until there was a trail of about 9 leaving a trail down to the top of her underwear. Never letting go of her wrists in the process, which are now by her sides.

Once I reached her navel, she would cuss every time my mouth came into contact with her skin. And every time I was done I would count the number she was at, which is now 8.

"Y/N, please."

She begged jerking her hips up towards my mouth which was hovering over her heat. I granted her wishes and let go of her wrists to take off her last piece of clothing. Both of her hands flew to my head once I took them off. I did the same thing I did to her stomach on her thighs but starting midway, so I could only fit 3 on each thigh.

I sat up, taking off my underwear as well before going back to my previous position. She was mumbling now what I could only catch a few words of, and from what I heard they were death threats if I didn't do anything and soon.

So I did, licking straight up with one stroke through her wetness. She grasped my head and arched her back, her breaths becoming more shallow. I then stuck my tongue deep into her making a few more cuss words come out in the form of moans. Bits and pieces of my name were thrown in there as well.

I pulled my muscle out of her, working my way up towards her bundle of nerves. She groaned when I pulled away from her, but once she found out what now had my attention she threw her head back, squeezing the strands of hair she had in her grasp harder.

"Y/N..."

I hummed in response as she rolled her hips into my mouth and I pulled away from her. She groaned trying to have her hips find my mouth again but failing. I crawled back up to her kissing her and she kissed back, but when I pulled away she had something to say.

"That's not why I said your name."

She said straight facing me. I smiled making her break smiling back, and that's when I had my fingers take over where my mouth just was. She groaned throwing her head back again, but because of her hand placement when I did that she did something I wasn't expecting.

At the same time my middle and ring fingers worked their way into her, she did the same to me making me cuss again from the shock. She smirked at my reaction but it soon disappeared when my thumb went to her clit moving in slow circles to mess with her.

It wasn't my best idea since she had me in the same position and stopped all her movements in a form of punishment for slowing down. I groaned at the loss of contact and dropped my head onto the mattress beside her head. I sped up my movements bringing her closer to climax than before. She reached down and gripped my wrist when she thought I would slow down but I had other plans and went faster curling my fingers as I did hitting the soft spot inside her along with the massaging of her bundle of nerves.

She climaxed soon after arching her back, scratching down mine harshly, and bitting into my shoulder all at once. I just clinched my jaw since her pleasure outweighed the pain I felt at that moment. My fingers were still moving slightly inside her as she came down. I pulled my hand away from her center and as I was about to go to her side and wait for her to recover, she flipped us over.

With no warning she stuck her fingers back into me, kissing me at the same time. The kiss masking my moans and groans as she sped up or slowed down. She left my mouth, leaving marks all over my neck and down my stomach haphazardly.

Her mouth soon trapped my sensitive bundle sucking it and flicking her tongue in circles around it. I felt my pleasure building the more she worked.

"Fuck, Dinah. I'm so close."

The moment the words left my mouth she curled her fingers and bit down on my clit making me hiss and climax at the same time. My eyes were screwed closed and I could just start taking in full breaths in order to balance out my rhythms.

I felt Dinah lean down kissing my lips, in which I reciprocated with the little strength I had left. She climbed off me making me open my eyes to see what she was doing. She was repositioning herself so she laid at a slightly slanted angle and had her head on my chest with her facing me. So if I leaned my neck up enough I could connect ours lips anytime, and vice versa.

I had my hand stroking up and down her upper arm while hers was stroking my forearm. In the process I closed my eyes again remembering what just happened and our relationship over the last couple of years. She picked her head up, pecking me quickly, before changing positions again. This time she was half laying on me half not with our legs tangled. And she had her head resting on her crossed arms that settled onto of the same spot on my chest.

I opened my eyes slightly, to be met with her big brown ones that I knew were fighting sleep for whatever reason she had floating through her mind. My hand was now stroking her back, stopping to play with the faint dimples she had towards the bottom of it before going back up and repeating the process. My eyes never leaving hers.

"What?"

I asked, my voice barely audible. She spoke back in a low voice that could be argued whether or not it was a whisper.

"Whenever you plan to ask, no matter how, where, or what with. When you ask me to be your wife, I'll say yes. That's my promise to you."

I smiled and she smiled back. We both leaned in kissing each other with the same love that we've shown each other over the years. I dropped my head back to the bed, letting my other hand meet the one already on her back, doing the opposite of what the original was. So, everytime one hand would leave her back dimples, the other would be making its way down there.

"You know, we really are crazy in love."

She said making me smile at her wider for using the singer's lyrics once again in a conversation. But this I time joined in, still speaking in the low tone we were previously.

"Cause your loves got the best of me."

She smiled at me, but continued the lyrics.

"You're making a fool of me."

"You got me sprung."

I said back, continuing the pattern.

"I don't care who sees."

"Baby you got me."

"You got me."

"So crazy."

"Baby."

She said lastly before we looked at each other then at the same time whisper sung together.

"Hey!"

We both giggled at how we both knew to sing at the same time. I stopped stroking her back and tightened my grip around her body. She moved one final time and I moved with her so we were both facing each other on our sides. Our legs tangled, and her arms wrapped around my lower waist as mine were around her mid-torso, and her head resting on top of mine while my face was nuzzled into her neck. I kissed her neck then leaned up kissing her lips one last time for the night.

Teacher's Pet

noun

1 : a pupil who has won the teacher's special favor

I kept my promises. Now I have some more to fulfil and some fans to address. But I knew I was ready for what ever the universe threw at us. And no one is taking away what I earned. What I won. This is just the beginning of our journey together and I was ready. She is the Beyoncé to my Hova. Here we go.

A/N Well this is the end. I hope everyone enjoyed it and is happy with the ending. I'm now in the process of writing my next fanfic which is also Dinah/You but it's Fifth Harmony based. I won't start posting for it until January so I have enough time to actually get ready for it. So stay tuned and you can still always catch me in my DM's. Everyone enjoy your Christmas breaks and good luck on y'all finals...

--STAY HAPPY!!!❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770K 30.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
415K 12.2K 101
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
223K 5.4K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
91.4K 3.2K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024