the ice queen | hatake kakashi

By nu-clear

She didn't expect her return to Konoha to change her life at all. Especially the fact that her deepest secret... More

prologue
01 ; a new jounin
02 ; the first encounter
03 ; a hidden gift
04 ; the curse within
05 ; the cruel reality
06 ; a big decision
07 ; of sudden changes
09 ; the mysterious ninja
10 ; of blossoming feelings
11; the kunoichi's birthday
12 ; the unexpected abduction
13 ; a surprise present
14 ; plans, plans, plans
15 ; a simple date
16 ; a simple dance
17 ; an abandoned tale
18 ; the truth unveiled
19 ; a longing reunion
20 ; the odd genin
21 ; the final stage
22 ; the nightmares begun
23 ; abundance of thoughts
24 ; a glimpse of reality
25 ; a new duty
26 ; that typical heartache
27 ; a rising hope
28 ; in building strength
29 ; a sacrifice made
30 ; the final countdown
31 ; the fourth war
32 ; a confrontation made
33 ; the legendary fight
34 ; a monster unleashed
35 ; an oath swore
36 ; rise of a silhouette
37 ; of lucid dreams
38 ; bizarre differences
39 ; little wild flower
40 ; post shinobi war
41 ; lost of trust
42 ; stress and pressure
43 ; no better than
44 ; strangers
45 ; a surprising news
46 ; resolutions
47 ; redemption
48 ; tiger moth
49 ; lucky strike
50; jingo jungle
51; sing to the sky
52; and rise again
53; come back
54: at last
55; moon night
56; 帰り道
57; サヨナラの意味
58; the end of nightmares
59; 好きと言わせたい
60; epilogue
book 2!!!

08 ; of new worries

14.2K 445 133
By nu-clear

"You're back!" Iruka smiled as the young jounin slammed her report on the mission desk, eyes twitching with anger. "If I get one more escort mission, I'm going to flip this whole building upside down, Iruka." Fuyu groaned softly. She understands Konoha's lack of manpower, but this is too much. Imagine, doing escort missions for two weeks straight. Although, she doesn't mind doing escorting missions. It is nicer than doing assassinating missions and integrating people and she could travel around like she used to.

It was the clients that had pissed her off most of the time.

"Well, you can't blame me. Every time we receive a request for an escort, the only word we see is Konoha's Ice Princess. We once asked a client why did she request you. And guess what her answer was?" The whole room had turned silent, eyes all focus on Iruka's next sentence. "They trust the Ice Princess, and the Ice Princess has such a colourful personality, according to a witness." Iruka roared with laughter while Fuyu clenched her fist. This was definitely the work of the client that she and Kakashi had escorted together a few months ago.

Kakashi. She hadn't seen Kakashi for quite some time since the day she talked with Asuma. 'I guess everyone is busy.' Recapping their little incident the night at her apartment, Fuyu's face blushed rapidly. She still hadn't got her revenge on the jounin yet. Her thoughts were later interupted when she heard a rustling sound in front of her.

"Ah, I almost forgot." Iruka took out an old book from his bag and gave it to the kunoichi. "We found it in the Hokage's office. Apparently the Third wanted us to give this to you after he died." Receiving the book, Fuyu sneezed as she opened the book. "Thanks, Iruka. I don't have any more missions to do, right?" She gave Iruka a scary glare. Iruka nodded anxiously. "Nope, that's all. Goodbye." And Fuyu left the room with a slam at the door.

She left the building slowly. Finally free of her missions, she planned the rest of her activities inside her mind. Fuyu flipped through the pages of the book, wondering what did the former Hokage gave her.

Oh, it was actually a journal. Neat.

Fuyu was too immersed in the journal until she didn't hear a certain pink-haired called her. "Eh? Sakura???" Her eyes widen as she noticed Sakura's hair. "When did you cut it?" She holds a few strands of Sakura's short hair. The pink haired giggled, "Didn't you notice it? I cut it during the Chunnin Exams." Fuyu let out a small 'oh', realizing she hasn't seen Team 7 since the incident at Ichiraku's. Fuyu walked lazily through the street with Sakura continue to walk along with her. "Hey Fuyu, can I ask you a favour?" Fuyu closed the journal, lending all her ears to the young ninja beside her.

"Would you mind if I watch you train yourself?" Fuyu gave her a questioning look. "It's because.... I really want to make myself stronger so that Sasuke and Naruto don't have to always protect me, you know." Fuyu played with her hair, considering Sakura's request. "Sure, I guess..... if I don't have a mission that is." Sakura hugged her tightly and thanked her.

"You don't have to thank me. I might not be able to show you anything at all. I'm just another ordinary ninja, that's all." Fuyu looked around, noticing something else was missing. "Where are the others, by the way?"

"Naruto went on a mission with Jiraiya-sama. Sasuke left the village, I don't know for what. And Kakashi-sensei....." Sakura sighed. "He's been hospitalized. " Fuyu's expression changed drastically. She looked at Sakura, kneeling herself so that her eyes would meet hers. "Sakura." She couldn't think straight at the moment. "I- If you do want to see me train, come to the training grounds by sundown." Fuyu stood up and ran down the streets. She made a sharp turn at a junction and set off, leaving Sakura alone in the streets.

--------------------

"He's been like this ever since Uchiha Itachi came to the village." Fuyu continued to watch the lifeless body in front of her as the medical-nin continued explaining the situation. "I really hope Tsunade-sama returns back to Konoha and heals him. He is one of the strongest ninjas in Konoha after all." The medical-nin finally left her alone with Kakashi. Fuyu slowly approached the man.

"You idiot." She held his hand with hers. His hand was warm and soothing, the exact opposite of her hand. Her heart beat anxiously, exactly opposing the older jounin's calm heartbeat. Fuyu stiffled her tears. Sacrificing himself to Uchiha Itachi's Tsukuyomi. Fuyu sighed softly. She continued to stare at the silver haired jounin, wondering what kind of nightmare did the Uchiha trapped her senior in. She continued holding Kakashi's hand. The warmth from his hand was relaxing and calming for her as it came in contact with her ice-cold hand.

Her thoughts were disturbed when the journal Fuyu had kept fell down. She picked up the unknown journal, still curious on who was the owner of this old journal. Hands still holding on to Kakashi's, she began flipping through the pages one by one. At one page, Fuyu stopped and read the whole page twice. Her hands were shaking as she read the name on that very page.

--------------------

Sakura watched the young jounin threw a few shurikens before doing a few hand seals as she did a Water Jutsu. "How could she say that she's just an ordinary ninja??" The pink haired genin watched as Fuyu moved swiftly across the training ground, her steps seemed graceful, like a dancer in a recital. Sakura continued to watch in awe. Fuyu threw her last kunai, declaring the end of her practice session.

After a few minutes, Fuyu landed on the training grounds. Sakura slowly approached her. "Are you okay?" Fuyu gave a positive response, trying to not let Sakura be worried about her. "I'm okay." She invited Sakura to lay beside her. "Sorry, I couldn't show you how I usually train. I'm.... quite distracted at the moment." Sakura remained silent, knowing the reason why was the jounin not being her usual self.

"You're worried about him, aren't you?" Sakura noticed Fuyu's expression changed. "Kakashi-sensei will be alright, don't worry." She held Fuyu's hand. It was really cold, but Sakura didn't mind. "Man, for the first time, I actually agree with Naruto." Fuyu raised her brow suspiciously. "Why??" Sakura laughed nervously while she considered telling Fuyu the story.

"It's just that... ehehe...... Naruto thinks you and Kakashi-sensei make a great pair."

Fuyu gawked and flustered at Sakura's comment. "W-Wh-What are you talking about???" She tried to calm herself. "Kakashi-san is..... " Gah, why is it so hard for her to arrange her sentence all of a sudden? "Kakashi-san is a powerful shinobi. He doesn't deserve a weakling like me." She sat herself up. "Besides...... there are other women that are way prettier than me." Her face darkened as she realizes this. Sakura kneeled in front of her, her face showing a slight disappointment. "I don't know what you mean by weakling, Fuyu. You survived the Konoha Crush all by yourself. You're known as the Ice Princess of Konoha. What part of you do you considered weak?" Sakura turned away, looking at the forest.

"At least, you can protect yourself, Fuyu." She muttered softly. "That's why I want to train with you. So I could be strong too." Both of them continued to stare at the stars. Fuyu considered Sakura's words. "Maybe," Fuyu spoke once more. "You should go and ask Tsunade-sama to train you." Sakura looked confused. "Tsunade-sama is one of the legendary Sannin. She's the strongest and most beautiful kunoichi there is to exist." For once, Fuyu's eyes radiated a warm look. "I can't train you because I still have my own flaws. My temper, my age, my bloodline...." Fuyu stood up, signalling Sakura to stand up too. "One day, you and I will be as strong as the other ninjas out there." Sakura's face brightened.

"Now," Fuyu slowly hummed as she started to walk. "Let's go home."

--------------------

Fuyu's schedule has been on a massive repeat:

1. In the morning, she would wake up and prepare herself for the day.
2. By afternoon, she visits Kakashi at the hospital until it was sundown. Sometimes, Sakura would accompany her because she has nothing to do until Tsunade returns.
3. By the evening, she will watch the sunset at the Hokage Rock until Iruka drags her down (only to be fooled with a genjutsu or any other simple tricks) or until the stars had coloured the Konoha skies.
4. She either trains herself or read the old journal until midnight falls.
5. In days which she earns missions, she would return to Konoha immediately to go to the hospital to see Kakashi.

And Fuyu had not complained once about this routine at all.

--------------------

Kakashi slowly opened his eyes. Groaning, as his single eye tries to adjust to the light. He turned to his right to be greeted by Tsunade. "There, Hatake Kakashi is healed and Uchiha Sasuke is currently stable in the next room. Now, what was next? A surgery huh...." Before leaving the room, she turned around to look at Kakashi once more. "Before I forgot, there was a kunoichi who had been visiting you constantly. The medical-nin said she was waiting for me to heal you, but apparently she had a mission in the process. Please make sure you meet the girl, you don't see a lot of people willing to visit you everyday, you know." Kakashi nodded lazily, quite curious on whom was visiting him during his unconsciousness.

Oh who was he joking? It was probably her. 'But then it could be someone else too....' Kakashi ruffled his hair.

"Oh, I don't know her name. But she had really white hair." Tsunade noticed Kakashi's lips curved upwards upon mentioning the hair. "I guess you know who it was. That's good."

"Thank you, Tsunade-sama." Tsunade gave him a simple smile as she left tue room.

--------------------

Fuyu was exhausted. She hoped that whoever wanted to meet her would hurry up. She had just returned from yet another escort mission, all the way to Kirigakure and had encountered a deadly fight which pretty much involved her to use her Ice Release. Geez. Slumping on the bench in the park, she wanted to took out the old journal when she felt a presence of someone she had missed for some time now.

"Kakashi-san." She looked up, her green eyes greeted the single black eye of his with happiness. "You're okay." Which means Tsunade has returned and become Hokage.

Also means another head to sit on at Hokage Rock. Ehehehe.

"Yeah. Thank goodness Naruto and Jiraiya were able to persuade her to return. Couldn't imagine being trap in that genjutsu any longer." She wished the jounin didn't wear that mask so she could see that smile of his underneath it.

Wait, what.....

"I'm thankful too. Your absence had cause some jounin to work twice as much to cover you. Including me. Fuyu recalled the number of times the clients had cursed her when she appeared to do the escort missions. All the questions regarding Kakashi, the simple minded clients jumping to conclusions and such.

It was a miracle that Fuyu didn't kill a client at all.

"Ah... I guess you must have been affected as well?" He maintained his lazy expression as he stared the girl in front of her. Thank goodness he wore a mask, he wouldn't want Fuyu to see the faint blush that was appearing on his cheeks. He scratched his non-itchy head. "Thank you... and I'm sorry I caused you some problems. Although.... I guess you didn't have much problems to be able to visit the hospital every day, hmmmmm?" Fuyu tried to refrain herself from looking too shocked. Of course he would know. This is embarassing. "I-"

"Hush." She didn't noticed when he suddenly came closer to her. He placed a fingertip on her lips. Their faces were close once more. Fuyu could actually feel Kakashi's breath, the warmness greeting her cold skin. Her face was flushed, hot pink started to appear on her cheeks. "Thank you, for visiting." He slowly held her cheek, grazing it carefully as if it was a valuable item. "It means so much to me, you know." They continued to look at each other. Time seemed to had stop all of a sudden, a spell that couldn't be unbroken.

"Kakashi-" Fuyu was speechless, well.... so much for payback. She hummed softly as Kakashi continued to graze her cheek. It was a simple action, but it made her heart fluttered and beat as fast as the lightning.

They were so immersed in each other that they didn't notice a certain tight wearing jounin landing behind them. "HELLO THERE MY ARCH RIVAL!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE????" Kakashi immediately dropped his hand, turning sharply to see Might Guy looking at them intensely. "Ah, the Springtime of Youth sure burns in you Kakashi. And you too, Fuyu." He flashed her one of his 'Nice Guy' pose. Fuyu responded by gawking herself.

"I'm sorry to break up whatever you were doing, but I need to lend Fuyu for a mission for... let's say, a few months???" He immediately took Fuyu's hand and ran away, leaving Kakashi alone in the park. "Don't worry, Kakashi!! I'll take care of her just fine!!!!" And Guy dashed through the village to reach the gates in a mere seconds. "My, that was my first time seeing Kakashi like that." Fuyu's face was red, not with embarassment, but literally anger. "Relax, Fuyu. I ain't gonna flirt with you or something. Although that would be a competition Kakashi would be serious about....." Fuyu began to distance herself from the scary jounin. "Anywho, we shouldn't ay around anymore." Guy took out a scroll and passed it to Fuyu.

"The Hokage had specially requested you for this. We have a mission to do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268 24 18
After weeks of tracking both an artifact and a tyrant's forces, Meilani reunites with Kakashi once more. Tensions are high within the Kingdom of Memo...
67.2K 1.1K 98
What's is your name ? My name is... Uchiha Hyuuga Mai. Who are your parents ? I have one byakugan and one sharingan. I am Uchiha Hyuuga Mai. That is...
7.4K 113 41
kakashi X oc Trying a next sequel to kakashi's lollita
62.5K 1.3K 65
kakashi X oc She isn't from konohagakure. She came from kirigakure. We first met... during war. She saved us even though she knew we were the enemy.