The Volleyball Girl and The P...

By BecklieBeckaBraae

"There is no way in hell that i would ever sleep with you," "I would rock your world," Hunter says and grins... More

The Volleyball Girl and The Player? (Edited)
Chapter 2: introducing the man-whores
Chapter 3: a friendly bet
Chapter 4: Guys like you are why girls turn lesbian
Chapter 5: Honestly i think you've lost your mind
Chapter 6: Comeback wars
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8: trouble, trouble, and more trouble
Chapter 9: getting to know you
Chapter 10: yum, cotton candy
Chapter 11: cheese?
Chapter 12: Sabotage
Chapter 13:
Authors note: PLEASE READ
Chapter 14: Kicked out
Chapter 15: Secrets
Chapter 16: Spin the Bottle + the truth?
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Hey, Jealousy
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20: Pressure
Chapter 22: the big game and mixed feelings?
Chapter 23:
freaking A... sorry about last chap...
Chapter 24: can only be described as crazy
Chapter 25: Hung Up On You <3
Chapter 26: it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt
Chapter 27: family matters
Chapter 28: R-O-M-A-N-C-E
Chapter 29: Meeting the father figure...
Chapter 30: you put your arms around me and i'm home
Chapter 31: Forever Mine, Nevermind
Chapter 32: not so happy ending
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34: only know you love her when you let her go
Chapter 35: goodbye town
Chapter 36: Choas
Chapter 37: Guilt
Chapter 38: Heart-breaker
Chapter 39: The Reason
Chapter 40: All you need is love
Chapter 41: Feeling Accomplished
Chapter 42: You jump, I jump
Author's Note
Another not :P

Chapter 21: that's why i love ya

23.3K 444 82
By BecklieBeckaBraae

HUNTER'S POV:

  The next morning,  an hour before my alarm clock goes off, I am lying in bed with Raya lying in my arms. She had cried for a few hours while I held her. Jerron had went to bed, wanting to give me time to console Raya.

    I run my hands through her hair and sigh. She didn't tell us what happened to make her parents split up, but it couldn't have been good if she was crying like that. I know Raya, and she usually never cries.

"What time is it?" She grumbles and I smile at her.

   "5:30, go back to sleep,"

 "Mmmm'kay," with that she rolls over, so that her face is pressed into my neck and falls back asleep. I press a kiss to her forehead and sigh..

  The doctors made Mrs. Lemons stay overnight and Mr. Lemons decided to stay with her because he didn't want her to be alone in the hospital. When Jerron and I got home and I saw Raya on his steps, crying and huddled in the corner, it made me mad and sad at the same time. Mad at whoever had hurt her because she doesn't deserve to cry.

   I never thought I could get attached to a girl so fast, and I never planned on getting attached to a girl EVER, but now that it's happened, I am having a hard time actually following through with the bet. I know that my motorcycle is on the line, but I don't know if I can hurt Raya like that.

  I had no problems with hurting girls before because none of them mattered, and that sounds horrible, but it's hard to find a girl that matters when you are the hottest guy in school and when you can have any girl you want.

  But now I have found a girl that I actually want to be with, and this stupid bet is going to ruin it for me. I know, I know, I can always just give up the bet and give Luke my motorcycle, but I don't know. For some reason I can't get myself to give up. I just... I don't know..

  Before I know it my alarm clock is going off and Raya is groaning and sitting up while rubbing her eyes. She looks over at me and smiles slightly.

   "Hey,"

"Morning, beautiful," I say and she pecks me on the lips. She rolls off the bed and stands up while stretching.

    "Big game today," she says to me and I nod.

"Yea, Coach freaked on me yesterday,"

   "For what?"

"For almost screwing up the play during pre-game," I explain and she shakes her head.

   "What did he do? Threaten to put Conner in for you?" Raya says and snorts in amusement.

   "Actually yeah," I reply and she stares at me in shock.

  "You are the best QB, he has to know that," Raya states.

"Well, apparently Coach thinks that Conner is just as good,"

   "Well, he obviously is on crack. Even when I was dating Conner I knew that he really was not better than you were and I hated you at the time,"

   I grin at her and she blushes like hating me was embarrassing to her.

"What are you going to wear to school?" I ask her and she shrugs.

   "No clue... Can I borrow a pair of basketball shorts?"

"Sure, babe. But what are you going to wear for a shirt?" I ask her.

   "I'll just wear the same shirt," she says like it's no big deal, but I know that people will notice something like that, well the girls in our school anyway. All they do is gossip about each other and then act nice to each others faces.

  Don't ask me why, girls confuse me. I mean seriously, if you don't like them, then don't act like you do. It really is that simple.

     "You sure?" I ask her.

"Yeah, it's no biggie,"

   "You know those girls will talk about you," I say and she grins at me.

"You know I don't care what those witches think of me," she replies and I snort and pull her close.

   "That's why I love ya," I say, but as soon as the words spill out I freeze and so does Raya. She stops what she is doing and stares at me.

 "What?" She asks and I shake my head.

   "Nothing!" I practically yell.

"Did you just..." She begins.

   "No, no I did not," I lie and we stare at each other.

"Umm,..."

"Raya, we have been dating for a week, I don't love you," I say and roll my eyes. I can't tell if she is relieved or disappointed about my confession.

    "Oh.." She says and then grabs the basketball shorts out of my hands and walks out of the room to change..

  I stare at my closed door and blink in surprise. What just happened?

RAYA'S POV:

   I am in the bathroom changing into Hunter's shorts, but I can't get Hunter's words out of my head. Does he seriously love me or was it just a thing he says to all girls? I do not mean to be insecure about it, but seriously... I wish I knew which one was true.

   I know that he will probably never love me, and I can't believe that I already think that I love him. It's been a freaking week. I am either officially insane or I just get to attached really quickly.

   It's probably a little bit of both. But even if i'm not sure of my feelings, there is one thing I am sure about and it's that Hunter is not in love with me.

  I am just about to pull up the shorts when Jerron barges into the bathroom. He stares at me, and his eyes slowly travel down my body.

  "Jerron?!" I screech. His eyes shoot back up to my face and he smiles sheepishly.

"Yeah?"

  "Get out!" I shriek.

"What's all the yelling about?" Hunter asks and pokes his head into the bathroom to see me in my shirt and underwear. He stares at my legs while I try to cover them with the shorts by holding the shorts in front of my legs.

   "Get out, get out, get out!" I snap. Hunter drags his eyes away from me to see that Jerron is still staring at me. Hunter grabs Jerron by his hair and hauls him out of the bathroom and slams the door shut.

  My face is beat red, I can just feel the heat on my face. I have never been so embarrassed. You may think it's no big deal, but I am really really insecure about my body and I have never let some guy see so much of it before. I mean, sure I wear a bikini top, but never the bottoms. I always wear shorts.

  Oh my freaking gosh... Not even Conner had seen that much of my legs before.

I walk out of the bathroom to see Hunter glaring at Jerron.

   "I didn't mean to stare," Jerron mutters to me and I blush even harder.

"Me either," Hunter says with a grin.

   "You are shameless," I snap at Hunter because I just know that he is laughing at my body. I know it...

       'What?" Hunter asks in confusion, but I just walk away and into the Jerron's kitchen. Mr. and Mrs. Lemons aren't here but I don't really pay any attention to it. But now that I think about itt, they weren't here last night either.. Hmm.

  "Where are your parents, Jerron?" I ask him as he walks into the kitchen behind me.

"Oh, my mom had the baby last night," Jerron explains and I grin.

   "Really?! Oh my gosh that's so cool. Boy or girl?" I ask him. He smiles sweetly.

"Girl,"

  "Awww, what's her name?" I ask him.

"Emma," Jerron replies.

   "You're a big brother, Jerron," I say and he grins.

"I know, it's pretty insane,"

  Hunter walks into the kitchen and glances at me from under his lashes. I turn away and I hear him sigh.

   "Raya, can I talk to you?" He asks and I shrug.

"Well, i'll just be.. Anywhere other than in here," Jerron says and exits the room quickly.

 I feel Hunter touch my back and he kisses my shoulder.

    "What's  the matter, baby? I know that I shouldn't have looked, but i'm sure other guys or at least Conner has seen that much," Hunter says quietly and raps his arms around me from behind.

   When I don't answer Hunter kisses my neck.

"No, he hasn't," I say and Hunter freezes.

   "What?"

"No guy has seen that much of me before," I whisper.

   "..Oh...I'm sorry, Raya," he says.

"Yeah.." I say but I still can't shake the feeling that he was laughing at me.

    "You have to know that you have a killer body though,"

Again I don't reply.

  "Raya?"

"Can we just drop it?" I ask.

  "Raya Brennings... Are you saying that you don't think you have an amazing body?" Hunter asks and I shrug, but refuse to look at him.

      "Raya, you listen to me. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and to top it off you have a great body,"

"I'm not as skinny as the other girls you date. I'm not as skinny as Angie," I mutter. Hunter turns me around and stares into my eyes.

    "Angie is skinny and so were the other girls, yeah, but I am almost afraid that I will break them. You are perfect," Hunter says and my heart melts. Did he just call me perfect?

  "Awww," Jerron says dramatically from the door of the kitchen. Hunter rolls his eyes and I grin.

 "Were you listening?" Hunter asks him.

"Maybe, maybe not," Jerron says and grabs a pop tart.

   "You two ready to go?" Jerron asks.

"Does it look like my hair is ready to go?" I ask him and he rolls his eyes.

   "You are such a girl,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At school I find LJ getting stuff out of her locker.

   "Hey," I say. She grins at me.

"Hey,"

  "So... You ready to tell Jerron about your secret crush on him tonight?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"I don't know. I feel really nervous. What if he doesn't like me back?" LJ replies.

   "LJ,you are an amazing person and beautiful inside and out. If Jerron doesn't like you, then I will beat him up," I say and she smiles weakly.

  "Yeah... I guess,"

"Everything will be fine,"

    "So... How are you and Hunter?" She asks me and I grin.

"Wow, did something really exciting happen or something? Wait, you didn't do it with him did you?" She asks me worriedly.

   "No, silly, he just.. He called me perfect this morning," I say and she squeals.

  "Oh my gosh!!! That is sooo cute!!!!" She says and I grin and bite my lip.

"I know!"

   THANKS FOR READING!!! :) DID YOU LIKE IT? hEY, COULD YOU GUYS DO ME A FAVOR AND READ MY OTHER BOOK DANCING WITH MR. DELINQUENT ? tHANKS, I DON'T KNOW. IT'S JUST SOMETHING THAT WAS IN MY HEAD. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. AND THEN TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF ITT.

   VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, LIKE

THANKS LOVELIES

-BECKA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 1.9K 51
This book was started in 2021, finished in 2022 and republished in 2023 ------------------------- A 16 year old girl by the name of Rayla Loris atten...
29.9K 587 17
This is my first Ray x reader, so I am sorry if I misspelled or anything Y/n, a girl who is a really good sibling with everyone at GraceField and wou...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
1.3K 29 23
Y/N started her first day of highschool at UA high and she already has a crush when she saw her crush shota he was talking to a guy with long blonde...