Percy Jackson: The Betrayed a...

By delaite2789

What happens when Poseidon claims another demigod son? How about when Chaos - creator of everything - decides... More

Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
A/N Help!
Tagged

Ch. 1

8.2K 183 238
By delaite2789

Thanks everyone for reading this! I'm dedicating this chapter to Psycho_Zombie because without him, this story wouldn't be mine. So thank you so so much for letting me adopt you book.

Percy's P.O.V.

For the past 2 months I have been on a secret quest for Athena in order to get her permission for me to ask Annabeth to marry me. In case you're wondering what this quest was, I had to complete the 12 Labors of Heracles. That's right, the 12 Labors of Heracles. I'm not gonna play it off like it was no big deal. It was really freakin' hard. But I'd do anything for my Wisegirl.

I already got Aphrodite's and Hephaestus's help in forging a ring. It's a beautiful silver ring with a big sea-green emerald in the middle. When you look at it, it almost looks like you can see sea waves moving inside the stone. The band is decorated with engravings of tridents and owls. On the inside there is an engraving of the words "I'll love you forever and always" in Greek. I just know she's gonna love it!

Apparently, when I was gone, another Son of Poseidon named Bryce Portman found his way to camp. He also, alledgedly, killed a Minotaur in front of the camp while everyone watched before making his way through the barrier. So what? I did that with no training back when I was 12, before I even knew that any of this Greek stuff was real! And now, everybody treats him like he's the greatest thing since the chariot. He has this deluded idea that he is the greatest hero that has ever lived and is determined to break me and steal my fame from me so he can have it himself.

At first it was just little things; snide comments, insults, jokes, and whatnot against me, making people laugh. I'd just roll my eyes and ignore him. Of course that made him angry, so he stepped it up a notch. He started to fight people and bring down some of the best fighters, go against the hunters in archery, and play pranks on me with the Hermes cabin but, like always, I stayed calm and didn't let him faze me. Which was probably one of the smartest yet stupidest things I could've done. But he didn't like being beat or in second place, so he kicked it up another notch.

He started to frame me for things, hurting people and stealing things. Also, he played pranks on people and then would time it precisely to when I arrived so it looked like I did it. But if I didn't show up, then everyone would suspect me because I was the only person not around and would think I was trying to hide from Chiron so I wouldn't get in trouble, or act like I didn't do anything.

I started to be hated by campers and looked down upon, as if I was nothing but trash, stinking up the place, just waiting to be thrown out because I didn't belong.

He even turned Grover, Thalia, and Nico against me for framing me for things I didn't do.

I only had Annabeth left and I definitely didn't want to lose her, she was everything to me. I loved her and didn't want to lose her, I'd die for her if I had to. I would do anything for her in a heartbeat and I just couldn't afford to lose my Wise Girl right now.

You know, I think the fates hate me for some unknown reason, because I slowly saw less and less of Annabeth. And when I did see her, she was either rushing somewhere or hanging out with Bryce. I slowly realized that we were splitting apart, once again, because of Bryce.

I was planning on proposing tomorrow because it's my birthday and hopefully, Annabeth would remember. Then maybe, I could get some time alone with her so I can remind her how much she means to me and save our relationship before it's too late. She always wanted to build something permanent.

I was on my way to beach so I can sit near the water by myself like I always do (since nobody talks to me anymore), when I heard giggling in the woods by Zeus's Fist. I saw Bryce making out with some blondie, probably a Daughter of Aphrodite. I know how it feels when you're in love, so I didn't think much of it. I was about to move on when I heard something that made my blood run cold.

"Oh Bryce, your so cute."

That sounded like Annabeth's voice. But my Annabeth would never cheat on me, much less with a jerk like Bryce. I trusted her with all my heart...but I had to make sure... I had to see.

I turned around and what I saw shattered my heart.

There was Annabeth kissing another guy, and not just any guy. That jerk that my dad claimed as my brother.

"You were right, you are better than Percy." Annabeth said, kissing Bryce another time.

"You are definitely a better kisser then Percy." she said.

My heart shattered a little more with ever kiss they shared.

I flinched every time their lips touched.

*Kiss*

"Way hotter than he is."

*Kiss*

"Better hero then he is."

*Kiss*

"See I told you Annabeth, I'm way better at anything than that stupid brother of mine," Bryce said kissing Annabeth again. "When are you going to break up with my weakling brother?" Bryce asked.

"I'll break up with him tomorrow morning, you are so much better than Percy," Annabeth said while going to kiss him again, but she stopped when she saw me.

"Oh, by all means Annabeth, don't stop on account of me," I said sarcastically, gesturing to Bryce.

"P-P-Percy, I didn't see, hear... I'm sorry...I don't know... It's not what it looks like," Annabeth managed to stammer out.

"Oh really, Annabeth, do you want to know what it looks like to me? It looks like you were cheating on me with my pathetic excuse for a brother!" I practically scream at her, trying to fight back tears.

"Percy! It is not my fault! You were gone for two months! You just up and left. We've been dating for two years and our relationship hasn't gone anywhere!" She tries to defend herself.

"I was on a quest for your mother in order to get her permission to marry you! I guess I completed the 12 Labors of Heracles for nothing!" I yelled. My eyes were red from tears and my voice was wavering. But that sadness was soon replaced with anger.

Her face fell immediately.

I threw the velvet box containing the ring at her feet.

She picked it up with shaking hands. She opened it and gasped, staring at it with wide eyes filled with tears.

"Percy, forgive me! I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you. I love you. Take me back, please don't-" she pleaded. It looks like she finally realized the severity of what she did.

"A little late for all of that, don't you think Annabeth?" I cut her off.

"I-Oh Percy, oh Gods, please! I'm so sorry. Please don't do this. Please forgive me, I didn't realize..." She begged with tears streaming down her face.

I just shook my head, and turned around.

"I trusted you Annabeth, and I loved you with all my heart." I said before I started running back to my cabin.

She fell to her knees trying miserably to keep her sobs of despair at bay. I could hear her yell my name. Pleading with me to come back, but I just shook my head and ran faster.

Once I was inside, I started packing. There was nothing left for me here.

Mom and Paul were killed in a car accident a couple months ago. I was still distraught over that. Everyone I loved has betrayed and forgotten me.

Even Chiron called Bryce his greatest student when I was standing right there.

My dad doesn't care about me anymore. He took Riptide away from me and gave to Bryce because he proclaimed him to be his "favorite son" in front of the whole entire camp.

After all I did for them.

Well, I guess no one will miss me then.

When I was done packing, all the pictures of my friends, Dad, and Annabeth were ripped to pieces and just left on my bed. Other than that, the cabin looks exactly how it looked when I first set foot in it all those years ago.

Everyone was asleep when I left.

I stood on Half-Blood Hill and whispered one final thing, "Goodbye"

This place was not my home anymore.

And for once, I didn't look back.

_______________________________

So how'd you guys like it? The first 9 chapters are Psycho_Zombie's with a few modifications from me, I'll be posting those two a week on Monday's and Friday's. I don't know how I will post after that, though. I'm hoping to have a bunch of chapters ready so I can keep up the same schedule.

I can't wait to hear your guys' feedback :D

Don't forget to vote and comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

760K 13.1K 25
Percy felt useless at Camp Half Blood. After David Roberts son of Zeus arrived at Camp Half Blood everyone started to ignore Percy. Even the Gods did...
304K 4.4K 30
What does the future hold? Do you see yourself exactly as you are know? Now imagine what if Percy was betrayed. Then dragged down into Tartarus wh...
116K 2K 33
(A/N: I do not own any of the pictures or characters used in this fanfic.) You all know Perseus Jackson, the great hero son of Poseidon. We know his...
39.2K 954 41
Being cheated by a girlfriend is bad enough. But being cheated by your fiancée? Wow, that's a whole new level. And that was exactly what happened to...