Ch. 1

Thanks everyone for reading this! I'm dedicating this chapter to Psycho_Zombie because without him, this story wouldn't be mine. So thank you so so much for letting me adopt you book.

Percy's P.O.V.

For the past 2 months I have been on a secret quest for Athena in order to get her permission for me to ask Annabeth to marry me. In case you're wondering what this quest was, I had to complete the 12 Labors of Heracles. That's right, the 12 Labors of Heracles. I'm not gonna play it off like it was no big deal. It was really freakin' hard. But I'd do anything for my Wisegirl.

I already got Aphrodite's and Hephaestus's help in forging a ring. It's a beautiful silver ring with a big sea-green emerald in the middle. When you look at it, it almost looks like you can see sea waves moving inside the stone. The band is decorated with engravings of tridents and owls. On the inside there is an engraving of the words "I'll love you forever and always" in Greek. I just know she's gonna love it!

Apparently, when I was gone, another Son of Poseidon named Bryce Portman found his way to camp. He also, alledgedly, killed a Minotaur in front of the camp while everyone watched before making his way through the barrier. So what? I did that with no training back when I was 12, before I even knew that any of this Greek stuff was real! And now, everybody treats him like he's the greatest thing since the chariot. He has this deluded idea that he is the greatest hero that has ever lived and is determined to break me and steal my fame from me so he can have it himself.

At first it was just little things; snide comments, insults, jokes, and whatnot against me, making people laugh. I'd just roll my eyes and ignore him. Of course that made him angry, so he stepped it up a notch. He started to fight people and bring down some of the best fighters, go against the hunters in archery, and play pranks on me with the Hermes cabin but, like always, I stayed calm and didn't let him faze me. Which was probably one of the smartest yet stupidest things I could've done. But he didn't like being beat or in second place, so he kicked it up another notch.

He started to frame me for things, hurting people and stealing things. Also, he played pranks on people and then would time it precisely to when I arrived so it looked like I did it. But if I didn't show up, then everyone would suspect me because I was the only person not around and would think I was trying to hide from Chiron so I wouldn't get in trouble, or act like I didn't do anything.

I started to be hated by campers and looked down upon, as if I was nothing but trash, stinking up the place, just waiting to be thrown out because I didn't belong.

He even turned Grover, Thalia, and Nico against me for framing me for things I didn't do.

I only had Annabeth left and I definitely didn't want to lose her, she was everything to me. I loved her and didn't want to lose her, I'd die for her if I had to. I would do anything for her in a heartbeat and I just couldn't afford to lose my Wise Girl right now.

You know, I think the fates hate me for some unknown reason, because I slowly saw less and less of Annabeth. And when I did see her, she was either rushing somewhere or hanging out with Bryce. I slowly realized that we were splitting apart, once again, because of Bryce.

I was planning on proposing tomorrow because it's my birthday and hopefully, Annabeth would remember. Then maybe, I could get some time alone with her so I can remind her how much she means to me and save our relationship before it's too late. She always wanted to build something permanent.

I was on my way to beach so I can sit near the water by myself like I always do (since nobody talks to me anymore), when I heard giggling in the woods by Zeus's Fist. I saw Bryce making out with some blondie, probably a Daughter of Aphrodite. I know how it feels when you're in love, so I didn't think much of it. I was about to move on when I heard something that made my blood run cold.