Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

By Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 26- These feelings
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 50- Damage
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter 58

335K 12K 1.9K
By Vampirefangsrules

Considering she couldn't exactly count on her vision to clarity if she was correct. There was no doubt she was correct as the presence of the stranger moved closer, spitefully laughing in the background. Harper held her breath as she heard the footsteps stop before her. Harper was incredibly nervous specially that her support had to come from her auditory sense without being to see what was happening. It was at that distinct point, she jumped in sudden shock as she felt hands begin to tug on the mask that concealed her vision into temporary darkness. Her pupils dilated at the instant light that fed fourth. Her mouth became further perished as her initial response previously was correct. Sam. The familiar scarred face. Those dangerous eyes penetrated through to her own, the slight glint of hunger wearily to her own shock. Harper didn't even realise she was holding her breath until the ends of his lips curled.

"Harper. How have you been?" Sam asked, licking the bottom of his lip as he gradually leaned in that he was incredibly too close for her liking. Harper took no hesitation as she spat in his face with little energy she had remaining. Sam clawed into laughter as he stood up straight, retrieving a hankie-chief from his worn out jeans' pocket to then wipe his face. Amusement was no longer on his face and in instance he grabbed her chin with one hand squeezing harsh that she would be sure, that redness pricked on the surface of her skin.

"B***h." He snarled, the resemblance to a captive animal. Amusement fled back to his lips as he added. "Human saliva. Pleasant. You were never one to be dirty. What happened Harper? Finally found your voice?"

Harper said nothing and only sighed inside with relief as he let go of her chin. Sam shoved the hankie-chief back into his pocket then returning his gaze back to Harper as he said. "I've gathered you've missed me."

Harper couldn't bite back the words that attacked with aggression, "F**k you! You assh*le!" She lunged her shoulders forward only the restrictions held her back.

Sam laughed darkly. "Don't even bother. Shed pity on yourself. Sit tight."

"What and wait for Dani to come? She will never go back to you!" Harper yelled, instantly regretting her choice of words as his frame ultimately changed that he towered above her.

"Dani will." He growled through gritted teeth. "I have changed for the better."

"Great first impression to kidnap her friend." Harper snorted, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. The mood instantly shifted as the impact of his hand met her cheek. Harper gritted her teeth at the sensation that sprung onto her cheek. Little did she know the next swing that came to her face causing her to cry out in agony that tears prickled in her eyes.

"That's right, b***h. Cry." Sam growled as he grabbed handful of her hair and forced her to look at him as he added. "Dani belongs to me. You thought you could escape me. You filled Dani's mind with hatred on me. Never again." Harper could still feel the sensation prickling on the surface of the skin as she swallowed the added pain of her hair being pulled.

"Y-You." She swallowed. "You...were on a restraining order. H-How-

"I had help. Following the emotional wreck of a man that came to visit me. Oh." He sucked in air between his air then added smirking in delight. "He wanted sweet revenge revolving around a particular woman. Or should I just say...you."

Harper closed her eyes in disbelief.

"I was particularly rather upset that Dani never responded once to my letters in that small cell where once I did have companion, unfortunately he was promoted elsewhere. I guess it was because I had my hands around his neck in anger." He said, then gradually looked down,sighing as he continued. "Turns out the guards were throwing each letter out, letters I bled my heart out to. So of course when I got out despite my lack of knowledge on your whereabouts. I never gave up. Little help came along and it made it a lot easier. I found you. I found Dani. I sent letters to Dani. And...well here I am." He then flashed a smile before returning to pull on Harper's hair harder. "So when I say, I know Dani will come. She'll f**king come."

Harper swallowed once more as she fed words. "S-She...won't." Then slumped in defeat as Sam let go and laughed distastefully as he wandered off. Turns out she was within in a derelict factory. Alone. Scared. And anxious to get out of here.

James took the keys out of the ignition as he got out his car closing the door behind him. James passed through reception meeting a member of staff that led him to Jackal where the meeting between himself and Ethan would be held. As expected Jackal sat head of the table briefly glancing at the paperwork before him, alongside him was Ethan who glanced up from his phone with little amusement on his face from the distinct bruise that was plastered on the surface of his skin hovering below his eye. James lifted his brows as he walked in to take his seat opposite.

"F**king improvement." James issued out towards Ethan who looked away briefly. James smirked but his words were cut off by Jackal who announced dryly, "So, we're all here. This week, we've got press coming to hear the final plans for the deal. Which means..." His eyes moving to James. "No funny business. We're business partners. Not siblings fighting over who gets the toy."

"James would know all about that. Wouldn't you?" Ethan cracked out. James clenched his fists as he barked back. "How you get the bruise, pretty boy? Looks painful."

-"ENOUGH!" Jackal bellowed.

All attention was brought to Jackal who sighed, "I don't want to hear this nonsense."

"We wouldn't have this problem, if you f**king didn't invite him into this." James pointed out. Jackal sighed shaking his head. "Just go through the scripts. I want word to word read." As he passed out sheets of paper to both James and Ethan. James sighed to himself watching the distinctive smile that plastered upon Ethan's lips then returned his glaze to the sheet before him. Silence engulfed the conference room as James went on to read. Lines further down caused him to stop, question his own thoughts as he re-read the script again.

"What the f**k is this?" James spat.

Jackal looked up from his phone, his brows lifting to James' manner. "What's wrong now?" He sighed.

"I didn't f**king agree to this. I never agreed to these shares!" James exclaimed. Ethan snuggled in a laughter, "That's why you read the contract before you sign it."

"This wasn't agreed neither vocally or on the contract. Since when did I agree of my shares to be 30%?" James argued. Jackal snorted. "Like the kid said, don't sign a contract without reading it before. It was on there...its just we never discussed it aloud."

-"You can't be serious. And what about my idea? What happened to saving wasted expense?"

"Ethan and I decided to change it around. It needed to be altered slightly. Oh and you signed away your firm in South East Europe to me." Jackal said, his manner rather casual. James's brows instantly rose and he slammed his fists onto the desk without no second thought. "You f**king did what? You deceived me!"

"No, I would say working around to alter the conditions to suit my needs more than yours. After All, I am a businessman. Occasionally I am gonna be corrupt. No harm done." Jackal said, alongside him Ethan smirking only angering James' rising temper.

James got up grabbing the piece of paper as he calmly replied. "Of course no harm done. I'll see you for this interview later this week." Then he moved out of the room controlling the anger that wanted to flee free from him.

Eleanor was embracing herself in flimsy material as James stormed into his bedroom pushing her past as he searched through his draws until grasping the object he needed. Eleanor questioned him as she followed him longing for attention. James took no recognition in her presence and headed out to the kitchen where Manny was cleaning the counter tops.

"Manny, give Samuels a message for me." James ordered adding on the little information before heading soon out the door following back to his parked car.

Dani clasped her hands together as she slumped forward as Elliot comforted her, slowly running her hand across her back in upwards and downwards motions. "Dani, you're not still worrying are you?"

"She never came back home last night or the night after and all I get was a message telling me that she's alright. What if she isn't?" Dani muttered resting her head in her hands.

Elliot moved to her side as he sat on the arm of the sofa as he rested his arm around her shoulders. "Dani, she messaged you. Maybe she just needs space."

"I shouldn't have let that Violet speak to her." She admitted then groaned as she slumped her shoulders forward. "I'm such a bad friend."

Elliot shook his head leaning over as he pressed a kiss ontop of her head. "You're not. She has got to be okay." Dani fell into his comfort moving closer into his embrace as he shuffled onto the sofa.

For those four days, Harper was encouraged to little food that was rationed but it was enough to settle the hunger. Bathroom breaks were limited and there was little give way for escaping. Sam would sit in the small office tinkering about with the radio until one afternoon he got it playing. Night was the worse, she was only given a rough blanket laid out on the cold bare floor, only she was moved closer to where her hand could be cuffed to a pipe attached to one of the walls. If she was honest, she expected someone to have noticed her appearance even if that was someone in particular was James. Surely Dani noticed her disappearance? Then she remembered the first brief contact when she was dragged out of the daylight. Sam must have grabbed her phone and was making contact with Dani.

That fourth day she was loosing hope. Tears would escape her eyes running down her cheeks. She wanted James. Throughout her whole time there when she given the only freedom to her own thoughts, it was James that was on her mind.

By the time Friday came, James was spared to little time he had to himself when Eleanor left for her dress fitting. Then he would drink intaking the dry whiskey that swirled around in the bottom of the glass. James watched as Manny walked into the living room carrying one of his suit jackets as she passed through. Carelessly she dropped the jacket on the floor slowly attempting to bend to pick it up, only she wheezed.

"Manny, here I'll get it." James said, concern written across his face as he got up to pick the jacket. "You should be having the day off." His words soon fell silent as glimpse of a familiar necklace came into view. James held his breath, his heart suddenly beginning to be beat fast. Manny cleared her throat as she stepped forward. "Here I'll take your jacket."

James slowly looked up to Manny, carefully passing his jacket over before he went back to the necklace that lay upon the floor. Flashes of memories fled. Not that he had ever forgot thinking about Harper, only this appeared to hit him straight to his heart. Scenes of Harper flooded, if it was their first encounter where she dropped coffee on his lap, the time in Canada and to the point when he placed the necklace around her neck. Each kiss, every cuddle reminded him of the emptiness that he felt inside. James gently picked it up squeezing it between his palm as he took back up to his feet. Taking no second thought, James dropped it into his chest shirt pocket briefly closing his eyes in anguish.

Manny headed to the front door where Samuels entered. She gave a brief nod, their eyes discreetly communicating before she turned away heading off.

Eleanor was soon to return, dressed in her best attire as she latched her arm onto James as they headed out to the car. Eleanor drained on throughout the entire journey, elated that James didn't cut in as she described the beauty of her dress. James took no note as he glanced out the window. His reflection upon the transparent surface only reflected the misery he was in. The necklace felt as if it was heating up against his skin, reminding him every second.

-"And then I was thinking we have full coverage of our marriage. Like a royal marriage. It would be so extravagant! Cameras angled on us...well more on the blushing bride of course. " Eleanor blabbered on as she took out a compact case and began applying blush to her cheeks. James sighed inside returning his glaze to the front as they headed closer to the skyscraper where the press huddled in a group. Not only was this to do with further discussion on the deal between the three enterprises but his Mother forgot to inform him last night that the press were anxious to discuss his marriage. That is why Eleanor had to come, to show her support as his fiancé but to take centre stage as he expected she would.

Samuels opened the door nodding briefly to James as he climbed out. Eleanor followed soon after, posing as she stepped out. James began pushing through the crowds until he felt a hand grip onto his arm. It was no other than his Mother who pulled him to a stop leaning in as she discreetly muttered, deceiving the crowds that looked like a simple movement of affection. "Do the right thing, Son." Then she let go moving back to hold his Father's arm. James' brows lifted, his eyes flickering to his Father who winked then left his son's glaze smiling back to his Mother. There was no time to question as he felt Eleanor move alongside him. James began moving forward until he reached the front where Jackal stood with Ethan who stood smirking. James hesitated looking back behind him as he met his parent's face, then his glance moved to the far back where Samuels stood with Manny, their expressions unreadable until Samuels nodded then looked away if ashamed. James was baffled as he reached the podium where the noise of the press erupted in noise as Jackal headed to the front. James stood at the back distracted away from Jackal's voice within the background as James looked back to his parents who both appeared to throw anxious smiles.

James swallowed looking back towards the press who snapped eagerly as Jackal went on. His thoughts were placed on sidetrack as Jackal announced James to the front to join him. James left Eleanor's side approaching Jackal feeling the cascading sweat upon his brow.

"I believe we are also here to celebrate my partner's engagement. So take the stage." Jackal announced gesturing his hand forward as James reached him. James nodded stepping up the podium. For that second, it felt as if he had lost his voice. Then there was the wearily distraction of his parent's faces within the sea of crowd. As if what his Mother said moments ago was trying to hint at him or their faces shared more than he could comprehend.

James cleared his throat glancing briefly at the piece of paper that was printed to the exact words he should say. James then looked back out to the press, the anticipation thick within the atmosphere waiting for words to flee from his mouth. James cleared his throat once more, his mouth opening only for it to shut again as he looked back to his parents then skimmed to Samuels at the far back. Cameras continued to flash as if they were prodding at him to speak. TV crew shared the same motive, few poking the microphones out further towards him.

James hesitated once more until he met the eyes of the world. Remembering the first written line on the sheet of paper, he spoke, "In relation to this evening, we are also to celebrate my engagement to Miss Jones. It has been much anticipated when I myself would be married considering the copious scandals that newspapers and television have spread about me." He stopped looking back down to the paper along hearing the slight laughter from the press. James took his time to return to meet their glaze, instinctively taking a deep breath before he continued. "I anticipate my own marriage wanting no more than to marry the wo-

James stopped to only finish the remaining words in his head, then reading over them repetitively. Looking slowly back up he returned to his parents' faces, then to Samuels at the back before slowly his titled his head to the side meeting Eleanor who smiled eagerly at him. She thrusted her head slightly to the side, her gesture of prodding him to continue. James turned back to the front, carefully moving his hand to his chest pocket to feel the chain of the necklace electrify against his skin. James closed his eyes, his heart hammering against his chest as the thought of Harper dawned on him. Taking no second thought he opened his eyes, the curl of the ends of his lips as he cleared his throat and at the same time scrambling the piece of paper in a ball. Beside him he could hear his name whispered out to him over and over.

"Correction." James said, awakening those in the press who had perhaps turned off. "I plan to marry, or rather should I say plan to spend the rest of my life with not this woman." He turned to face Eleanor who instantly frowned, her cheeks inflaming as the press began to snap away at the scene unfolding before them. James shook his head laughing to himself as he added. "If you thought for one second that I would be marrying a woman like that, then you're wrong. Not only do I have no feelings for this woman but I suppress much pity on her, thinking she had a chance with me." His eyes briefly meeting his Mother's, then returning to the camera as he said without no thought. "The only woman I want to be waking up to every morning, or spending the rest of my life with is the most clumsiest, beautifulest woman I know. And f**k what you think. I intend to make it known that I'm in love with Harper Daniels. Take note of the name, cause I ensure you, that will be the name written alongside mine on that marriage contract." James glared out to the press who snapped photos without second thought.

James smirked, shaking his head as he looked over to Jackal who wore confusion alongside Ethan whose face dropped. James took no hesitation as he leaned in closer to the microphone on the podium and said, "See my partners over there." He pointed to the side of him,then added, "Corruption is what you expect. Not success." The word rolling off his tongue. "Pay to see cuts to staff. Cuts, Cuts and Cuts." He went on hearing the commotion to the side of him kick off.

He laughed darkly. "And there ain't no chance I'm getting caught up in that s***. Excuse my French." Then he wetted his bottom lip as he finally finished. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a woman that I intend to get back. Thank you for your time, now in orderly fashion, care that I believe Jackal were throughly enjoy to answer all your questions." Then he turned bowing to Jackal before jumping off down from the stage leaving behind the commotion as he pushed through the crowds that summoned to catch him with questions.

James motioned to Samuels to the car and at the same time undoing his tie along with rolling his sleeves up in hurry as he climbed in the back. Manny already stationed in the back looked over to James offering him a warm smile in which James returned.

"Samuels. Drive on. I have matters to attend to. Dash, Dash. No time to waste." He grinned.

Thanks for reading and I thank you for your patience. I do hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you enjoyed this chapter, please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE. Please leave honest feedback and I do hope you appreciate what is next to come.

I'm looking at a next update for later this week. And again I do thank you for you patience.

Thank you,

VAMPIREFANGSRULES

XXX

So shall we hear a hip hooray for James?

Follow me on Instagram and while you wait, check out "The Love Affair" and the rest of my books.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 47 15
In the glittering world of New York's corporate elite, Daniel Grayson is a force to be reckoned with. As the enigmatic CEO of Grayson Enterprises, he...
4.6M 169K 46
Highest- #2 in Romance "Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He chuckled. I stopped breathing at the close proximity, my knees turning to jelly. I lean...
165K 4.4K 21
Kimberly thinks she has her life figured out,with her about to graduate from college. A small job on the side to take care of her expenses but what h...
1.2K 111 26
Lively, Struggling, passion,dedication, kind...are the words to describe CELINE CARTER. love is something that she treasures. The only parental figur...