Wonderwall Β» Stiles Stilinski

By OMGitsJustine

❝ You can hear it in the silence, silence You can feel it on the way home, way home You can... More

Prologue
1. Searching The Woods
2. School Begins
3. Cutie In The Woods
4. Lingering Feelings
5. Full Moon Rising
6. Untangle
8. Group Date
9. Bullet Train
10. Take My Mind, Take My Pain
11. Control Is Overrated
12. Game of Cat&Mouse
13. Fear For Your Life
14. Kiss Me Like You Wanna Be Lovedβ™₯
15. No Idea
16. Irresistible
17. Distractions
18. Revelations
19. Date Crashers
20. Shop Till You Drop
21. You Are In Love
22. If I Die Young
23. Don't Let Me Go
Sequel :D

7. A Game

3.5K 88 21
By OMGitsJustine

The very next day, Scott and I stood next to Stiles jeep while we watched Derek being arrested in front of his house. I kind of felt bad for getting him arrested, especially in front of his own house but then again, he murdered that girl. He deserved it. 

I crossed my arms in front of my chest, trying my best to look away once Derek glared towards us. The cops were putting 'caution' tape all around the burned ruins of the Hale house, they finally caught their guy. So why did it feel like this mystery was not solved? 

If Derek killed that girl, which we proved, why would he stay in town? Why would he bury the body somewhere obvious like his yard? I mean, Derek seems to know a lot more than he lets on so there's no way that he's this stupid. 

There was just something about how this all didn't seem right, it seemed way to good to be true. And the smirk Derek gave us as Stiles dad and another office put him in the back of the police cruiser, only proved my suspicions that he knew more than he was letting on. He wanted this to happen, that knowing smirk proved it. He wanted to get arrested and get caught. 

The number one question is why. 

"There's something about this that doesn't feel right?" I whispered to Scott and Stiles. Scott agreed with me while Stiles didn't answer, I looked over at him weird or at least where he was. Scott and I both looked up to see him sneaking over to the car that they had put Derek in. "no.." We both whispered to him but he didn't listen to either of us as he climbed into the car. "Crap..I'm gonna go get him before he gets into anymore trouble, keep watch." I told Scott before going over to the car to kick Stiles ass and bring him back to us. 

I opened the car door, climbing in next to Stiles to glare at him. I squished our bodies together as we sat there in front of the car, and I started scolding him. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Your dad is going to kill you then tell my dad so he can kill me." I slapped him on the shoulder slightly. 

"I need to ask him something." Stiles was talking about Derek, acting as if he wasn't there next to us. The only thing keeping him from strangling us being a wired window. Stiles turned to Derek, who was just observing us. "Just so you know, I'm not afraid of you." 

"Oh please, you'd trip me so you could get away.." I laughed while Stiles rolled his eyes and looked at Derek, who was still glaring at us. The chill I got down my spine from the glare must have gone down Stiles as well since Stiles jumped slightly.

"Okay maybe I am afraid but it's not the point I'm trying to make." Stiles looked over at me before turning his attention back to Derek. "That girl, you killed. She was a werewolf. But she was different, wasn't she? She could turn into an actual wolf and I know for a fact that Scot can't do that. So is that why you killed her?" 

"Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend that's the problem?" Derek finally spoke up, and we both knew he was talking about Scott. Derek's obsession with not wanting Scott to do anything semi normal with his life, like go out with Allison and play a lacrosse game was one of the many questions  we needed answered. "When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're going to do? Keep cheering him on?" 

Derek was giving me this weird look and I felt my breath get caught in my throat. And not in the good Stiles kind of way, more like in the creepy way. "I might not be able to stop him from playing, but you and your boyfriend can." 

"Stiles isn't my boyfriend.." I answered too quickly that I could see from the corner of my eyes. I felt bad but it kind of blurted out, it was like a reflex, I didn't want anyone knowing I liked Stiles or him to find out I liked him before I knew. I mean, I didn't wanna risk anything that could destroy our friendship. 

"We're actually not together, no.." Stiles stuttered as the two of us tried putting some space between us. We both looked at the little smirk form on Derek's face, and it sort of sent chills down my spine. Sure he was hot but he still gave me the creeps and just because someone's good looking doesn't mean anything. Those are usually the one's you need to watch out for. 

"Doesn't matter if you're together or not, Scott will listen to the two of you a lot more than he'll listen to me. Tell him not to play in the game." Derek explained to us. 

"Why would we do anything you say? You buried half of a girl you killed in your yard." I scoffed at Derek.

"Because I don't think you want anyone else getting hurt. Especially your boyfriend." Derek said and I felt my heart skyrocket. "And trust me, you'll want to listen to me.." 

Before Stiles and I could say another word, Stiles was ripped from the car and he ripped me out with him. Stiles held onto my arm as we were both dragged from the car. "Ow-ow.." Stiles complained until we stopped, looking up to see that his dad had taken us from the car. 

"What the hell do you two think you're doing?" Stiles dad questioned us. I tried answering but was cut off by Stiles. This surely wasn't going to end well if history proves itself. 

"I'm only trying to help." Stiles defended his actions. Maybe while his dad is yelling at him, I can slip away... 

"And how exactly did you come across the body?" Sheriff Stilinski questioned us, crossing his arms in front of his chest. 

"We were looking for Scott's inhaler." Stiles answered quickly. 

"Which he dropped when?" 

"The other night." Stiles answered. Oh please, shut up Stiles. You're going to get yourself and all of us caught. Just walk away now.

"The other night when you were out here looking for the first half of the body?" The sheriff questioned. 

Dammit Stiles. 

"Yes." Stiles answered. I slapped his arm slightly, trying to warn him that we were going to get caught and he was going to be the one to sell us out, but he wasn't listening to me. 

"The night you told me that you were alone and Scott and Sara were at home?" His dad questioned while I sighed, looking down at the ground. 

Busted. 

"Yes. No-Oh crap." Stiles cursed. 

"Nice going." I mumbled to him, elbowing him slightly on the side. 

"So you lied to me?" The sheriff asked his son. 

"That depends on how you define lying.." Stiles tried talking his way out of getting caught but it wasn't going to work, not today. 

"Well I define it as not telling the truth, how do you two define it?" 

"I define it as reclining your body in a horizontal position." Stiles explained, moving his arms to gesture laying down in a straight position. I rolled my eyes at Stiles, slapping his arm slightly and whispering him that he was making it worse. 

Stiles dad gave us this look before telling us, "Get the hell out of here." 

"With pleasure." I said while grabbing Stiles hand and dragging him away. 

*

"I can't find anything about wolfsbane being used for burials." I informed Stiles and Scott as we were on our way back home. I was looking through my phone, googling wolfsbane and burials. I had been assigned research duty since I really didn't feel like doing anything else that would lead us into anymore trouble. 

"I've got nothing either." Scott said, and right now I felt like giving up. The two of us were trying our best and failing to find anything about wolfsbane being used for burial. 

Stiles sighed. "Just keep looking. Maybe it's like a ritual or something. Like they bury you as a wolf." 

"Then why isn't Scott turning into a wolf and running on all fours? So far, he only grows hair on his cheeks and his eyes glow a bright yellow." I questioned Stiles logic. 

"Maybe it's a special skill you have to learn?" Stiles suggested. 

I sighed, not knowing what to type into google next. How exactly does one type 'wolfsbane used for burials' without getting linked to a bunch of slasher romance fanfictions about jacob and edward? You don't, that's how. There was no way we were going to be able to research the internet for clues or signs or even answers when what we're asking the whole world doesn't know exist. 

"I'll be sure to add that to my list of things to do." Scott groaned, and it looked like he was about to get car sick. "Ahh..right underneath, "How the hell am I playing in this game tonight." I have to figure out how I'm gonna play.." Scott groaned. 

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves.." Stiles trailed on with his many theories about wolfsbane and burials. 

"Okay, stop it." Scott groaned. 

"Scott?" I questioned him, he didn't look good at all. 

"Stop saying "werewolves" and stop enjoying this so much." Scott yelled at Stiles, and things only started escalating more and more quickly from that point on. 

"Scott, are you okay?" I asked him, but he continued shouting. 

"No!" He yelled. "No, I'm not. I'm so far from being okay." Scott kept his eyes closed shut, and he was like moving around in his seat like he was about to barf everywhere. Maybe he was car sick from all the reading? 

"You know, you're going to have to accept this sooner or later Scott.." Stiles explained to our best friend. 

"No.." 

"Well you're going to have to." Stiles kept insisting. This was going to end badly. 

"Stiles.." I tried warning him to lay off Scott, but I was interrupted by Scott continuing to yell at Stiles. 

"No! I can't breathe.." Scott started groaning and then suddenly hit the roof of Stiles jeep. He was growling by this point and looked like he was in a lot of pain. 

"woah, woah. Scott?" I started panicking as Stiles swerved a little. 

"Pull over." Scott ordered. 

"Why? What's wrong? What's happening?" Stiles questioned, taking his eyes off the road. 

Scott ignored Stiles questions, but looked down at Stiles backpack. He unzipped the bag, seeing the wolfsbane and rope lying right on top of all his stuff. Scott growled and looked over at Stiles angrily before telling him, "You kept it!" 

"What was i supposed to do with it?" Stiles yelled back. 

"Maybe not bring it with us?" I yelled back. Dammit Stiles, did you really think bringing the wolfsbane with us, knowing what it could do, was such a smart thing? 

"Stop the car!" Scott growled, showing his yellow eyes. Stiles panicked before slamming on his breaks, making me slam against the back of his seat. I groaned in slight pain, seeing Stiles open the door and tossing his backpack out. 

I sighed before looking up at Scott to tell him that everything was going to be okay and it was gone, but he was already gone. His door was wide open and I looked to see that he was no where in sight. "Fuck me.." I cursed to myself while Stiles came running back, asking where Scott went. "He left..He's gone." 

The two of us exchanged a look before looking in the direction that Scott had run off in. This was not going to end well. 

*

Right now, I was sitting in the stands with Allison and Lydia, waiting for the game to start. Stiles and I hadn't seen or heard from Scott since he wolfed out and ran off earlier. Allison told me though that he stopped by her house to say hi, but her dad chased him off by hitting him with his car. I joked about how her dad must not really like any of her boyfriends if he'd hit Scott with a car. 

Luckily, I saw Scott walking onto the field with Stiles. He was okay, and I sighed to myself, relaxing even if only for a second. I went over to sit next to Stiles who was sitting on the bench, scaring him slightly as I waved at his dad when he walked by me. 

"Shouldn't you be up in the stands?" Stiles questioned me. 

"I can see everything from here just fine. Plus, I have a really nice view.." I smirked at Stiles slightly while he scooted over, blushing and letting me sit next to him. 

The rest of the game, it seemed like everything was going to go horribly wrong. I mean, I was expecting Scott to wolf out and from Lydia making Allison hold up a sign that said 'we luv u jackson' I thought for sure that Jackson was going to get torn in half. But he didn't, Scott kept his cool and actually won the game for us tonight. Coach was happy and everyone was cheering, running out onto the field. I stood up myself, cheering and hugging Stiles. I blushed while pulling away from him, not noticing how close we were at first. 

I then turned my attention back to Scott, trying to find him in the crowds but I only saw him running off the field before Allison could get to him. 

"Oh, no.." I whispered to Stiles, grabbing his hand and dragging him along with me. Stiles had been talking to his dad, trying to see what he was saying on the phone, and it was a lot worse than I originally thought. Stiles and I were walking down the dark hallways, walking towards the locker room. It was completely silent, except for this weird sound. "Come on, he's probably in here.." I whispered while walking through the locker room. 

We kept on walking, and that's when I turned the corner and saw Allison and Scott. In the shower area. Kissing. I pulled Stiles against me as we hid behind the lockers. He looked at me with wide eyes as I shushed him, nodding my head so he could see what was happening. It's about time that Scott grew a pair and kissed Allison. 

Stiles looked down at me and I felt my breath get caught in my throat again. He was looking into my eyes as i did the same, but I broke our gaze so my eyes could look at his lips. I don't know what was coming over me and I felt my confidence suddenly rising as I leaned in slightly, not caring about the consequences for once. It seemed like Stiles was leaning in too but we were interrupted by the sound of Allison and Scott laughing, then the sound of footsteps approaching. 

"Hey guys.." Allison blushed. 

I waved hi back at her, smiling. She looked happy, both of them did. "I'll text you about this later.." I laughed slightly before Stiles and I walked over to Scott, who was smiling like he was on cloud nine. And he should be, he just got his first kiss from the girl he really likes. 

"I kissed her.." Scott cooed. 

"We saw that." I laughed. 

"And she kissed me." 

"We saw that too buddy." Stiles laughed with me. "It feels pretty good huh?" 

"I-I don't know but I controlled it." Scott stuttered as he tried explaining to us how he managed to keep himself under control instead of killing Allison in the showers. "I pulled it back, I don't know how but maybe I can do this. Maybe it's not that bad." 

I felt so happy for Scott right now. One of my best friends was happy and he got the girl of his dreams, something he'd always complain could never happen. As his best friend, I didn't want to be the one to ruin his good mood, at least not tonight. 

"Yeah, maybe it's not.." I smiled while placing my hand on his shoulder, offering him a warm smile. Stiles patted Scott's shoulder before adding, "Yeah, we'll talk later." Stiles grabbed my hand and tried to lead me out of the locker room, but that's when Scott stopped us. 

"What's wrong?" Scott asked, knowing something was up. 

"It's nothing..it can wait." I tried getting Scott to drop it but he wasn't having it. Stiles looked over at me while I nodded my head at him before sighing. I really didn't want to do this right now but Scott had a right to know. . . 

"The medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found." Stiles started trailing off, while I shook my head. But Scott wanted to know. 

I sighed. "I'll keep it simple. Basically, the medical examiner determines the killer of the girl to be animal, not human. Derek is human, not animal. Derek not killer. Derek let out of jail. Derek let out of jail equals us getting our asses kicked if we're lucky." 

Scott looked terrified right now and this was exactly why I didn't wanna tell him right now, especially after his first kiss with Allison. "Are you kidding?" 

"No, and if that's not a enough, here's a bigger kick in the ass." Stiles started explaining. "My dad ID'd the dead girl, both halves." 

"And?" Scott questioned. 

"Her name was Laura Hale." I finished Stiles sentence. 

"Hale?" Scott looked completely freaked out right about now and he should. 

"Yeah..Derek's sister." I sighed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

92.5K 2.1K 37
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
892K 41.3K 175
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
780K 36.6K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.6M 54.6K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...