My Second Chance

Por ishita284

Life is truly weird and fate has a cruel sense of humor. Ever since I've married Andrew my life hasn't been t... Mais

Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Note

Chapter-1

23.6K 330 8
Por ishita284

Alayna

It's the 3rd anniversary of my marriage with Andrew and 5th of us meeting officially. He was famous obviously, seeing that he's rich enough to buy anything he wants within minutes and I never understand what he saw in me. I'm the girl you see living next door with black hair reaching to my waist with a fine body, plum lips, a heart-shaped face and an everlasting smile on her face. Arranging a candlelight dinner all by yourself is very tiring if you want to prepare the food along with it and make it with all your heart.

I can't believe it's been 3 years already. Time surely passes by soon. It feels like it was just yesterday that he proposed me and here we are celebrating our anniversary of 3 years. 3 years ago I was a middle-class girl working as an IT tech in his company and here I am married to the man who owns it. I must say I'm lucky to get such a caring guy. I mean he's arrogant and all but he did work a lot to make me fall for him. Though it was love at first sight for me I could never agree as he was a playboy before. You all may think what if he lost his interest in me and would've left me, will you be thinking the same words? My answer will be a yes. I mean sure I'll miss him but at least I can love and marry someone else right?

It's true that life is never fair to us and we should be grabbing an opportunity when we get one. But honestly, what I feel is that if we are destined to get something we do get it. No matter how much we relent not wanting it, we will eventually get it. I mean look at me, when I first saw him I thought that I'll steer clear of him and never cross paths with him seeing that I already fell for him. But to my astonishment, I got to work directly for him. Don't ask me why. He said and I quote "Loyal people these days are very rare these days and I want as many of them as possible working for and with me." I must say, he really is a man of words. No wonder he's successful. His arrogance is always intact as he doesn't want his staff to think that if he isn't like this they'll start slacking their work. Though it isn't a valid reason, it works for him, though he tells please every now and then when they are absolutely needed and that's enough for me.

I have a bad intuition and mind you my intuition is never wrong and I feel like something seriously wrong is gonna happen. What is that might possibly go wrong? I don't know. Dinner is done, all the candles are settled in their places, I've to get ready and last minute preparations will be done by the maid. I'm getting ready especially today because it's our anniversary, of course, I'm wearing the dress he gifted me for the first time along with diamond hangings and my lucky bracelet. I'm never a fan of accessories and jewelry but he loves to shower me with them. Being a billionaire, he needs to maintain his image though, even he can't help it. But I love the attention he gives me like I'm the only one that matters in the world to him. I mean which girl doesn't want the attention of the guy she loves? My dress is a frock which reaches above my knees having a sweetheart neckline and lace until my shoulder. I matched it with my silver stilettos and some light makeup with a smokey eyeshadow. Now I'm ready for our anniversary and I'm so giddy to let him know something.

I'm arranging the dishes on the dining table when the doorbell rings. Damn! He came early today, never mind I'll ask the maid to set it up and I'll distract him until then. Thinking so, I open the door with a wide smile on my face only to be greeted by his secretary Stacy with a worried expression. "Hello Ma'am" she greets. "Hey is everything alright?" I ask her softly. "No, I mean yes everything is alright. Thanks for asking by the way. Is anyone home?" she asks me looking around and over her shoulder while waiting for my reply. Ok? Something is seriously wrong.
"No one is at home. You need something?" I ask her and she just stares at me for a while and gives me an envelope discreetly and asks me to give it to Andrew immediately and directly not to anyone else without opening it.

Obviously, I won't show it to anyone. What is she even thinking? That I'll parade it all over New York? "What's wrong Stace?" I ask her and she shakes her head and gives me a sad smile and walks away but not before saying that I look extremely gorgeous. Hmm! Weird. You see me and she never got along when I used to work for him. She had a crush on him ever since and thought that I was a distraction for him as he never paid her attention whenever I was around.

Long story short she became a traitor and started stealing information. I saw her coming out of a hospital one day after getting my regular check-up done and overheard her saying that she'll betray our company only if they'll pay for her brother's treatment and she's acting only because she wants to get information from him and no one can doubt her. Let's just say that he was about to fire her when he came to know and we became sort of close friends from then as I made him understand that she's just thinking about her family. She's a nice girl if you remove the slutty facade of her. She had to do all that stuff because her brother had cancer and they agreed to pay if she seduces him and gets all the information about the company. What better way than making him fall in love with her? Well she isn't really to be blamed so why punish her? She was just a helpless working woman who had to take care of her sick brother and she did what she had to because if she asks Andrew, obviously he wouldn't have given as he was The Arrogant Guy according to all the tabloids which used to affect the company due to his harsh decisions but it used to work out in the end in some way.

I set the envelope on the cupboard in the living room and checked if everything was at its place or not after 15 minutes the door opens and in walks Andrew in his glory putting on a neutral expression on his face. I quickly scramble out of my place and go give him a peck on a cheek after removing his coat and ask him to get ready in the guest room seeing that he's tired. He nods his head and leaves not even uttering a word. Strange, doesn't he remember? He is busy and all but he remembered all these years right? Must be work stress I think to myself and I quickly go and place a blanket on all the candles without lighting them so that he won't know that I've planned a surprise for him.

"Hey baby" says Andrew while embracing me in a hug after freshening up and wearing the clothes that I've kept aside for him and I gladly return it. Now he's enthusiastic about something and I don't know what. He's happy all of a sudden. "I have a surprise for you" I say softly knowing that he'll hear me. "So do I" he says releasing me from our hug and staring into my eyes and I blush. "So where's my present?" I ask him feeling giddy all of a sudden. "First you" he says and I pout. "Please?" I say and give him my puppy dog face. But alas! He's used to it and denies it.

I blindfold and take him towards the balcony in our bedroom where our candlelight dinner is present. I open the blindfold after making sure that the candles are lit. He looks at it and starts blinking while I was nervously shifting in my place. "Don't you like it?" I ask in a small voice as he was just staring endlessly at the dinner. "Huh?" He says coming out of whatever trance he was in. "You don't like it?" I ask softly. "What? No I mean I love it absolutely. It's so beautiful" he says giving me a bone-crushing hug and kisses the life out of me. "I love you so much" he says while we've parted for air in between our kisses and he continues kissing my neck. "Hey hey we need to have dinner before things escalate" I say trying to hide my blush while he chuckles.

"I love it Ally" he says using the name he kept for me when we first met and I smile fondly at the memory remembering how I fought with him objecting him calling me with that name as I was just his employee. We make small talk while having our dinner as the sexual tension between us was building and Andrew just isn't able to put his hands to himself as he caresses my cheek every now and then.

"There's another surprise for you" I say while we are sipping red wine which we've kept aside for special occasions like these. "I'm waiting, though I'd like to have you now" he says making me blush again. "Haha whatever, sit here I'll just get it" I whisper giving him a quick kiss on his lips and rush to the living room where I've kept the package I've received. After collecting it and lighting the scented candles and changing my dress into something sexier along with lingerie I quickly put on a robe and reach our balcony only to see him facing the night sky with a serene expression on his face. I simply sigh in content seeing him happy. I stand behind him and hug him, he pulls me to the front and lays his head on my shoulder and wraps his arms around my waist looking at the atmosphere. "Here's your present" I say looking into his eyes. He looks at it suspiciously and opens it. He breaks into a breathtaking grin after seeing it. "How did you?" He asks me. I've ordered it long ago but I received it now I say looking at his face. They are original miniature pieces of famous antique cars which he absolutely adores but wasn't able to get them.

"Did you think that I've forgotten about our anniversary?" he says surprising me. "You remember?" I ask him with a wide smile. I thought he forgot about it as there was a new merger and he's having trouble managing both of them as it's having a major loss. Though he owns many companies, he mainly manages only tech companies while his sister manages the clothing line and his dad manages real estate. He nods and takes out his phone and shows me a picture of a house which I tell you is just awesome.

"It's so nice Andrew and lovely too" I exclaim. It will be very nice for two people. "But, why are you showing it to me?" I ask making him frown. "You don't like it?" he asks. "Obviously I do, but why are you... OMG! You bought it for me?" I ask making him break into a heartwarming smile. "Of course Ally, I know how much you wanted a beach house from a long time. I've designed it personally and" he states while leaning to my level where I can feel his hot breath across my ear making me shiver "we'll be spending our vacation over there" he says making me squeal.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1M 25.1K 39
"I want a divorce." And just hearing him say that my whole world that seemed to revolve around him stopped. Gathering myself I barely managed to spea...
The Fighter Por Gabby Vazquez

Ficção Adolescente

1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
3.7M 112K 60
"You had no right to not tell me that you are pregnant" Mr. Owens screamed and my eyes widened. He knew. This can't be happening. He was the last per...
Abandoned Wife Por Afreen Sk

Literatura feminina

50.7K 1.7K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...