Mated To A Jerk |✓

Od ranchchips

Being mated to the future alpha isn't a breeze, especially for Cassandra. Wanna know why? Because he's a flat... Více

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|

|19|

13.1K 349 42
Od ranchchips

Hunter Star ^

It doesn't take a sane person to figure out where I was right now. In the principals office.

"Ladies, it doesn't matter why you were physically fighting, just that you were." The principal admonished. I scoffed and watched June roll her eyes.

"Look Mr. Shoft, being werewolves we have anger problems; therefore we get ticked off more easily." June started and I sighed, preparing myself for a lame excuse that we obviously all know. "Cassandra here ticked me off, but I didn't attack her. She attacked me." Okay partly true, but what the hell?

"That's not true, you were insulting my future Luna position and then insulted my appearance. You think I wouldn't attack you?" I protested.

"Alright, that's enough." Mr. Shoft held his hands up for us to stop talking. "I'll let you off..." I breathed a sigh of relief, "for now. Next time it happens there will be no buts, and only punishments." I nodded and we were excused to leave. June sauntered past me and bumped my shoulder on the way. Rolling my eyes, I made my way to class.

I haven't seen Chase since the lunch incident, and that was two days ago. I've been having trouble sleeping, even though we didn't touch each other in bed, therefore I looked like the walking dead....trying to throw a joke in there because I'm not a vampire but the opposite- okay I'll stop trying.

I glanced up from my homework that was spread across the lonely bed out towards the window once I saw a flicker of motion. I pursed my lips at it in suspicion.

It was almost 7, and I haven't gone down to the kitchen where the rest of the pack house was cooking and probably finishing their dishes. Maybe I should go busy myself with eating instead of homework. Yeah, that sounds good.

I swung my feet off the bed and slipped my slippers on my feet before walking down the giant staircase. Instead of being visited with muffled friendly chatter it was dead silent. I would be able to drop a pin and hear it across the room. Nobody was down here, and there was no movement heard around the giant pack house.

"Hello?" I called out, looking around me. I walked to the kitchen and looked around, but found nobody.

"Ha ha, you got me, now where is everyone?" No answer, no sound.

"Okay, you guys are scaring me." I warned. "Seriously, this isn't funny."

"I agree." A deep, raspy voice said from behind me. My heart dropped with realization.

"You should leave." I replied, not looking back. A dark chuckle rang through the dead silent room.

"You're coming back with me. We had a deal."

"No." My jaw tightened.

"Cut the tough girl act. We both know you don't actually have strength." My nostrils flared and my anger stirred my stomach.

"I'm not acting."

"Damn, the magic isn't going to last forever, girl! Come with me now!" My heart sped at his tone, what I used to coward away from. I was weak then, and I let him do things I wish I didn't let him do.

"I'm not your petty little toy." I turned and looked him dead in the eye. "Especially now."

"We'll that's too bad." He fake pouted, then stepped towards me and I stepped back. His eyes narrowed and I raised an eyebrow, challenging him. He suddenly jumped forward and gripped my shoulders, but I kneed his jewels, causing him to crouch in pain. I brought my leg up and kicked his face with my foot making him tumble down to the ground. I knew I had a shot when he was using illegal black magicks. It weakens the one using who is using it.

He shot up and grabbed my leg, pulling me down with him. Great, I thought standing would give me the advantage but he ruined my plans. He rolled on top of me and pinned my arms down by my sides.

Do I ever go a week without fights?

"Filthy bitch." He spat.

"Wow, haven't heard that before." I snorted. He smacked me across my face, making me gasp at the strength that I wasn't expecting. I hadn't been hit by him in forever, and this was a wake up call.

"You aren't always saved, princess." He smirked.

"I don't need to be saved." I hissed, still not looking at him after he slapped me. My cheek tingled in pain, and I was sure it was bright pink.

"That's a lie. You have four men after you, wouldn't you find it normal to be caught in situations like these?" He cocked his head to the side, surprising me with his words.

"Four?"

"Your mate, Xander, Me, and I think we both know who else." He raised the corner of his lips into a smirk. He's joking... isn't he?

"You can't keep lying about your past. Not only to yourself, but to others."

"Don't you dare say anything to anyone. They don't need to know."

"Sure they do, I mean, you are their future Luna... right?" He stood up and left. Just left. I thought he wanted me to come with him? But instead he wanted to leave me worried and in fear that he would tell someone. He always liked to feel like he had powers over me.

Ameth

"Just shut the fuck up, Amethyst!" He yelled at me. I flinched at his harsh use of words towards me. How could he say that? He was supposed to love me, want me. He was about to leave the room, but I caught up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"You can't keep denying we're mates. You can't keep me in the dark!" I protested. He turned around facing me, clearly stressed and confused.

"I'm not settling down. You can't tame my personality. I'm not meant for a mate." He hissed.

"I'm not trying to change you, I just want you to be happy. Playing around obviously isn't making you or me happy." I whispered. He stayed silent, looking down at me thinking over my words. He jerked my hand off his shoulder.

"Cry to your mommy." He replied monotoned, then turned and left.

I collapsed to the ground in tears once I heard his footsteps on the stairs. How dare he come to my house and talk to me like I was nothing to him. I'm his damn mate!

I sniffed and wiped my tears away. I need to go to Cassandra because she's dealt with something similar to this.

I got in my car and drove to the pack house, even though this night didn't give me the best feeling.

I got out of the car and walked down the long path to the front door, then walked right in, but I stopped in my tracks on the way up.

It was so silent, so empty. Except for the pleading sobs in the kitchen. I dropped my purse recognizing those familiar cries.

"Cassandra, oh my goddess!" I exclaimed. She was just on the kitchen ground sobbing, curled up in a ball. Her right cheek was bright pink.

I rushed down to her, feeling like she was more important right now than my petty mate problems. I brought her head to my chest and rocked her, stroking her hair. I did this when she had nightmares, but she never told me about them. I guess I'm like her older sister.

"What happened?" I whispered.

"He-" hiccup "came."

"Who?" She sobbed more so I decided not to push it.

"I thought nobody would be able to" she sniffed "come to me. He said you were all in his control."

"I think he meant the pack house members."

"Oh." She hiccupped.

"Let's get you to your room and we can clean you up, yeah?" She nodded, so I gently helped her stand and took her upstairs to her room she shared with Chase. It was bigger than other pack members because Chase was the alpha's son, perfect to share with someone. It was bigger than her own room at my house.

"I'll run a warm bath." I told her after seeing her down on the bed.

"Wait-" I paused. "Do you know where Chase is?" Her voice sounded so weak, so broken, so lost.

"No. How long has he been gone?"

"Two days." She whispered, looking down at her lap. I sighed and went into the bathroom, running the bath.

Cassandra

I walked inside, ready to surprise my boyfriend. It was our one year anniversary. Even though I was a werewolf and I knew I had a mate out there, I wanted some love before I turned of age to find him. It was so difficult to wait.

I heard noise upstairs so I walked up the stairs and opened his bedroom door, but it was like my heard dropped in front of my face.

My boyfriend was making out with a blonde bimbo. Once they noticed they weren't alone I turned to leave, but he grabbed my elbow faster than I could say I hated him.

"Just wait." He ordered gently. He turned to the girl. "Leave us." She scoffed, but didn't elaborate on her thoughts and left. When we heard the front door close he let my elbow go.

"I know what you saw was bad-"

"Bad?! Just bad?! Is that all you think it is?!" I pointed my finger at his chest. "It's cheating! It's-"

"Don't test me, Cassandra."

"What are you gonna do about it, huh?" I rose on my tiptoes then back down. No answer. "Thought so. I'm not waisting my time with a fuckboy, we're done." I spun on my heels to leave, but he grabbed me and flung me back against his chest.

"You don't get off the hook easily, baby." He whispered in my ear. I bit my tongue as I felt his fingers stroke my jaw gently. "You're too perfect to be given up without a fight. And trust me when I say that I won't stop fighting to keep you in my arms, right here." His hand trailed down my neck and down my shoulders. I grabbed his hand before it got farther south.

"You aren't my mate, Gabriel." I hissed.

"You don know that yet. And until then, I plan on having you as mine." His hand slipped out of my crushing hold and gripped my waist.

"No!" I protested, slapping his chest after he turned me to face him. I squirmed in his tight bone crushing grip.

"You are mine!" He yelled. I got out of his hold and took a slow step away from him. I needed to find Ameth after this. I wanted her help to keep this guy away from me now.

"No I am not yours. I am my mates." And then just as I turned to leave he jumped on me, crashing me to the ground. He straddled me so that I couldn't get up.

"You're mine no matter what! Even if I'm not your mate!" He screamed.

I trembled, shooting up from the bed.

I quickly reached for the lamp on my nightstand, switching it on. I breathed in and out, but a noise in the corner of the room caused me to jump.

"Chase." I breathed in relief. His presence calmed me, even though our relationship wasn't strong in that way. But why did he disappear for nearly three days and then suddenly come back in our room through the window in the middle of the night?

"Why did you turn the light on? Did I scare you?" He asked worried, closing the window and locking it.

"Yeah." I lied, trying to hide the fact that I had a nightmare. His eyes narrowed, making me shift uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Did you see the pack around downstairs?" I asked, trying to get answers about their safety. They just disappeared without me noticing.

"I don't know. I just needed to come up through the window just in case to not cause a scene." I nodded at his reply. So they might not be back yet.

"Where were you?" I asked but he was silent. "Chase, answer." He met my eyes.

"Nowhere important, but I don't think you jumped up because of me." Did he just turn this around on me?

"Oh?"

"You didn't seem to notice me until I made a noise." He studied me. "Need to tell me something?"

"No." I replied to damn quick. Chase sat down next to me on the bed. He started rubbing my back, so I decided to just lay my head on his chest. Chase wrapped his arms around me as I snuggled into his chest.

"You need to tell me things so I can keep you safe. I want to protect you." He whispered. I hummed in response, calmed by the electricity pulsing across my body after he touched my back, completely forgetting about how he abandoned me.

"Cassandra." His tone was now serious and I sucked in air.

"I've been lying."

•••

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

118K 7.1K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
461K 14.3K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
33.4K 1.4K 49
He came into my world like a hurricane, unpredictable, dangerous and out of control, destroying everything I had built in his wake. There would be no...
3.1K 53 12
Kaitlyn a 17 year old girl, born into a pack of wolves but not a wolf, everyone made fun of her because of it and also because of her pale skin, ligh...