The Bag

By SparklingNightmare

Everyone has something that they want no one to find out or find. Well, Ashlyn happens the have a bag full of... More

*The Bag: Chapter 1
*The Bag: Chapter 2
*The Bag: Chapter 3
*The Bag: Chapter 4
The Bag: Chapter 5
The Bag: Chapter 6
The Bag: Chapter 7
The Bag: Chapter 9
The Bag: Chapter 10 part 1
The Bag: Chapter 10 part 2
Chapter 11
The Bag Chapter 12
The Bag Chapter 13
The Bag chapter 14
The Bag Chapter 15
The Bag Epilouge

The Bag: Chapter 8

24 2 0
By SparklingNightmare

Edited:Tuesday December 22 2015 8:09Pm

Ashlyn POV

"Now you and your lab partners will create a poster that is exactly forty words that summarizes the lesson we just learned about bonds" our biology teacher Mr. McPoyle announced to the class.

"Let's get started then" Travis said turned to me.

"Yep" I sighed.

I'm still a little upset about earlier and I don't really know why.

"So you draw the covalent bonds, ionic bonds, and hydrogen bonds and I'll draw the peptide bonds and I'll write out the summary?" I asked getting the paper.

"Sounds good with me" Travis said as we began working.

"Ash!" Our teach Mr. Mcpoyle - Mr. McP for short- shouted at me.

"Yes?" I shouted back.

"What does an ionic bond do? Brian over here doesn't know because he didn't read the lesson" he asked.

"An ionic bond transfers electrons" I smiled and rolled up my sleeves.

"Great job, here!" He shouted before throwing a bag of candy at me. I chuckled and shove it in my pocket and returned back to my summary.

"So....." Travis drug out as he drew out polar molecules.
(A/N when you're a bio nerd af A/N end)

"Yeah......?" I drug out.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime tonight?" He asked looking up at me.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. I have dance practice after school so it'll have to be late" I smiled.

"That's fine" he said smiling back at me, "When is it over?"

"Five" I replied glancing up at him.

"I'll pick you up at your house at seven then? So you can freshen up and do whatever girl stuff you need to do" he chuckled.

"Sounds good" I kept smiling like an idiot as I wrote our summary.

We ended up getting an A on our poster and now I am walking to my next class.

"Hey Ashlyn!" Someone yelled to me as I was walking to my Algebra class.

"Ye-" I started to say before I saw who it was. I turned back around and kept walking.

"Ashlyn! Please" he said, grabbing my arm.

"Brandon, stop" I tried to shake my arm out of his grip.

"No Ashlyn. You stop. Stop talking to Travis" I stopped walking and turned to face him.

"What did you just say?" I asked clenching my jaw.

"Stay away from Travis. He's bad news" he repeated arrogantly.

"First I had to stop talking to Samy, then it was you, now I can't talk to Travis? News flash! You don't have any control over me. Why do you even care? Also, for your information, we are going on a date later" I yelled at him.

"No. Ashlyn. You don't get it! He is bad news! Their is stuff about him you don't know. He isn't good for you!" He yelled back. People started crowding around us but we both ignored them.

"So who is good for me DAD?!" I screamed at him while crossing my arms.

"Don't even play the "dad" card with me Ashlyn. I'm just trying to protect you" he said, his voice getting softer.

"Protect me from what? From finding love? Maybe Travis and I are meant to be together" I sighed.

"That's not what I mean Ashlyn" he tried to grab my arm but I pulled it away.

"You told me to stay away from you, so I did. Now I'm telling you" I paused and leaned towards him, "stay away from me" I whispered.

I shoved him back, turned and went to my class. Murmurs flooded the halls as I walked by.

"The nerd has some sass" I heard someone say.

Yes. Yes I do.

Why does Brandon even care who I talk to? He has no control over my life!

I'm going on the date tonight and that's final.

^.^.^.^

"Alright great practice today! Don't forget about the benefit show next week!" My dance instructor shouted to us while we all filed out of the studio.

"Good job guys" I said to spencer and Kris.

"Thanks" they replied back.

"So what's up with you guys?" I asked siting beside them.

"We should be the ones asking you that" Spencer said.

"Why?" I brought a knee up to my face and rested my chin on it.

"We heard that you're going out with Travis" Kris said.

"Oh yeah. What's the big deal about it? Brandon is really against it too" Saying Brandon's name made my blood boil.

"It's just how Travis is" Kris sighed.

"Why? What is so wrong with him?" I asked.

"It's not important" Spencer interrupted him.

"Why can't I know?" I asked standing up.

"You will find out sooner or later. It's better if someone else tells you anyway" Spencer said motioning behind me.

I turned around to see the one and only, Brandon Smithy.

"No" I said, as I grabbed my dance bag and my regular bag.

"Ashlyn just listen to me" Brandon whined.

"No!" I screamed and threw my empty protein bar wrapper at him before storming out the door.

"Don't do anything stupid please!" Brandon yelled at me while I walked to my car.

I threw my bags in the back and drove home. I felt my phone vibrate in my hoodie pocket and I pulled it out when I stopped at a red light.

Don't do anything stupid -Brandon

I glanced up at the light to see it was still red.

Fuck you -Ash

I sent the message and threw my phone on the passenger seat and saw the light was green.

I drove home and parked in the driveway. I ran into the house and into my room.

I opened my door to see Tyler laying on my bed.

"Hey Ty Ty" I said siting next to him.

"Hey Ash" he said while Playing his DSI.

"What's up with you?" He seemed grouchy, usually he's a pretty cheerful kid.

"Just a..." He paused looking at me nervously. "Just a girl" he smiled nervously.

I didn't think much about his nervousness. Who wouldn't be nervous about telling your sibling you have a girl crush?

"Oh, girl problems already? Well, just follow your heart. That's all I can say bud" I gave him a light kiss on the head before grabbing some clothes and going into the bathroom to shower.

I turned on the water and checked my phone one last time as I waited for the water to get hot.

I unlocked my phone to see a '1' in a red bubble on my messages. I opened the app too see a message from Brandon.

Why can't he just leave me alone?

I am keeping up my end of the deal, he should keep up his. Clearly, he isn't.

At least my bag is safe, that's the only thing positive that is coming out of this deal.

I clicked on his message and read it.

Listen, if you want me too, I'll tell you about Travis and why everyone wants you too stay away from him -Brandon

I didn't even bother answering him, I could care less anymore. If he wants to finally tell me what is so wrong with going out with Travis, he can suck it because I don't care anymore.

I locked my phone and put it down before getting undressed and hopping into the shower.

How could I ever of liked that asshole?

Man was I young and stupid

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

After driving to Trinitys house to get ready for my date, I was finally ready to put on my dress.

"Here" Trinity said as she handed me my black and red dress as I took off my clothes. I slipped on the dress and turned to face Trinity.

"You look amazing!" She said clapping her hands together.

"Thanks" I chuckled and hugged her. "Do my hair?" I sat down at her vanity and turned her curler on.

I could feel Trinity part my hair as I spoke, "so how have you been? I haven't talked to you in a while"

I haven't seen Trinity for at least a week, she has been out sick and I've been busy so I couldn't come visit her.

"I'm doing okay now. Enough about me, how are you and brandon?"

Enough about her? I only asked her one thing about herself?

"Yesterday we had a huge fight in the school hallway. Everyone saw" I sighed.

"Oh, so you guys still aren't talking?" She picked up the curler and started to curl my hair.

"Yeah, I mean, a deal is a deal" I shrugged as she rolled out the first curl.

"I'm sure you guys will make up. You guys would make a great couple too you know" she said chuckling to herself.

"No no no, no we would not. I'm not talking to him ever again and vice versa. Haven't you listened to anything I have said?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I have, but none of it means anything. You like him, you know you do. You just keep denying it" she said.

"So what if I do? It's not like he likes me anyway" I said lightly.

Maybe Trinity is right. Maybe I do like him.

No, I can't. We can never talk again. I can't let myself fall for him because I know their will never be an 'us'.

Every time I get close to someone, the end up leaving me. Why should that change now?

"You never know. Has he been talking to you lately?" She asked as she continued curling my hair for me.

"Yes. He won't stop annoying me over my date and who I am taking too. It's like he's my dad" I said back to her.

"He hasn't stopped texting or talking to you, it's obvious he thinks about you at least"

"For once, I think you're wrong, Trinity" I sighed and got lost in my thoughts as Trinity finished my hair.

What if he does like me?

No. Theirs no way.

I'm a nerd, he's a badboy.

I have no chance.

••••••••

So I'm a bio nerd incase you didn't notice in the chapter... Lol. Yeah.

I wanted the date to be in this chapter but I guess I can't have everything I want.

(Editing rn) Ahhhhh so I'm editing & I love this chapter ahhhhh I don't know why.

Sooooo how about Brandon and Ashlyn's fight in the hall?

How do you think the date will go?

Vote

Comment

Fan :)
-SMS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
1.1K 155 29
So there happens to be this guy. Yes, I know. It's always about a guy. Well, she's a teenage girl, what do you expect? But anyway, the guy. He's...ni...
3.7M 118K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...