When Time Collides ★ [2] ✔

By -florianraven

★ WINNER OF THE SUPER FANFICTION AWARDS (BEST CAPTAIN AMERICA STORY) ★ Highest Ranking: ... More

Disclaimer
A Covert Mission
An Old Friend
History Can Be Painful
Well Sh-
The Empress
The Triskelion Patriarch
On The Run
A Road To Knowledge
Revelations
The Observatory
Comfort
Falcon
Round Two?
Everything Goes
A Time of Healing - Part One
A Time of Healing - Part Two
Attack on the Triskelion
To The End of The Line
All In The Open
He Is Coming
Return
Visions Are Mean
Girl Time
No Strings On Me
Ulterior Motive
You Made Your Choice
Together
Standoff
The Seeds of Evil
Safe House
Reality Check
Evolve
Vision
Asunder
Rampage and Chaos In Paradise's Evil Twin
Friends From The Big Leagues
Pandemonium
Rise Until Lambs Become Lions
Is The Elevator Worthy?
The Foreboding of A Deadly War
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Extra #1
Extra #2
Extra #3
To My Beautiful Readers
POSTER

Elevator Throw Down

15.1K 760 61
By -florianraven

I was glad to get out of there. I breathed for the first time since being in that office. Things seemed to be going wrong on all fronts. I wasn't getting out unscathed on any of them, mentally and emotionally.

I stepped into the elevator. I gripped the railing parallel to the entrance and peered out the window. I could see everything from there since it was made of glass. But I didn't enjoy the view as I usually did. I wasn't feeling it.

"Operations Control," I ordered.

"Confirmed," the elevator complied.

I didn't hear the door close.

"Keep all S.T.R.I.K.E. personnel on site," Rumlow ordered.

"Understood," a soldier replied.

"Yes, sir," said another.

 "Forensics," Rumlow ordered

"Confirmed."

"Cap."

So much for solitary for thought. I turned and looked at him politely. "Rumlow."

I clasped my hands in front of me as the doors slid shut. We were all silent as the elevator made its way to the lower floors.

"Evidence Response found some fibres on the roof they want us to see," Rumlow stated. "You want me to get the TAC team ready?"

"No, let's wait and see what it is first," I replied, not meeting his eyes.

"Right."

I noticed that the two men that walked in with Rumlow shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably, gripping their taser rods at their thighs.

The elevator doors opened for a new load of men to enter. Suspicion pricked at me. I was getting an ominous feeling. So many men to cram into one elevator. Why? I wasn't showing any signs of thinking about it, though.

"Excuse me," one of the suited men said.

I obliged, moving into the center of the elevator.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Fury," Rumlow said next to me. "What happened to him...it's messed up."

I hesitated. I noticed the face he pulled. It wasn't that of mourning. It was of something else. "Thank you," I replied.

"And Andi. I heard she was with him. Hope she pulls through."

I frowned as I looked him up and down. "So do I."

My eyes flicked around at the men standing around me. I noticed beads of sweat drip from the temple of a suited man next to me. And when the third load walked in, suspicion roared in my ear drums.

It was clearly obvious now—they were after me. Had Pierce sent them? Either way, whatever the reason, it was time to get the party started.

I took a deep breath. "Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?"

It was on when the first rod came out. Rollins—Rumlow's second—went to stab me. I side-stepped. Just as fast, they all swarmed me. I heard the elevator groan as the emergency stop was activated. The men from behind grabbed me. I felt my shield be pulled from my back. The biggest goon wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me to the back of the elevator. I struggled as they all tried to keep me from fighting back. I was tasered left and right. Electric shocks charged through my body, and it was painful.

The handles from the briefcases popped off. One suited man managed to secure one around my wrist. Hands gripped my arm, trying to push it to the metal ribbon that wrapped around the top of the elevator. I pushed back as hard as I could, clenching my jaw in effort.

It was time to go on the offensive. It was time to show them what I was really made of.

I yanked my hand down, ripping it from their grip. I kicked the knee of the nearest soldier and shoved away another. I elbowed the second suited man and the magnetic briefcase handle flew to the wall. I kicked the first suited man. My eyes caught Rollins and I went in for the takedown. I smashed my fist into his windpipe and he crumpled. I slapped away another soldier.

The big guy at the back was restricting me. I had to take care of him if wanted to move more. I whipped my head back, head-butting him. His arm around my neck loosened enough, and I hauled him over my shoulder and into the corner of the glass wall, creating a spider web crack.

Rumlow suddenly kicked my wrist, and it went flying into the metal ribbon. The magnet activated, holding it there and leaving me with one arm. I tried to pull it off, but I didn't have time, and I was thrown into the defence.

His first swing I deflected and his first punch he missed. I was too slow on the next hit. His taser rod connected with my back. Painful shock waves shot through my body. The longer it stayed on, the more painful it got. I turned and back-handed him. Another soldier went to punch me, but I grabbed his arm and threw him away, his body smashing into the security camera in the top corner.

A taser rod charged at me. I changed its direction to electrocute another. I leapt to kick both of them. Another attempted the same feat. I grasped his arm before he could and hauled it to an unnatural angle, hearing the crack, and I kicked him in the jaw. He smashed into the wall.

I couldn't keep up the fight forever with just one hand. I needed the other.

I jumped onto the wall and used my body weight as well as a good pull to extract my hand from the metal. It was stuck there good. I groaned in effort as I pulled. When it finally came free, I fell. I flipped to land on my feet.

I elbowed a soldier behind me, ducked at a flying punch of another and returned it, and threw one more into the elevator doors.

It was only Rumlow and I standing, bodies strewn around us. He held up two rods and stood in a way you would if encountering a spooked dangerous animal.

"Whoa, big guy," he cooed. "I just want you to know, Cap. This isn't personal!"

Isn't personal? Hell, yeah, it was personal! I worked with the guy on plenty of missions. I trusted him! And this is what I got in return?

Rumlow charged. His first swing I side-stepped. His second I deflected. But he had two rods. With one in the air, he had another to work with. He jabbed it into my abdomen. Shock waves rushed through my body. I pushed the arm I held away and swung a failed punch. And we repeated the same movement, but this time I didn't miss. As my fist rammed into his jaw, he fell dazed. I finished him off by throwing him into the ceiling above, his body crashing to the floor.

And it was done. The fight was over. Only I was left standing.

I glared at Rumlow's unconscious form. "It kind of feels personal."

I slammed my foot on my shield, my arm slipping into the grips, and I used it to break the magnetic handle from my wrist.

It was time to get out of there. 

I stepped over the unconscious bodies to the elevator panel. I hit the emergency stop button to turn it off, and the doors slid open. I was confronted with a unit of armed men.

"Drop the shield and put your hands in the air!" one ordered.

I wasn't getting out that way. I swivelled and used my shield to cut the elevator cord. It snapped and the glass box fell.

It screeched as the emergency stops activated, and it groaned to a stop. 

I had to move fast. I had to get out. I was a sitting duck.

I pulled open the elevator doors. The squad was charging down the hallway. I closed the doors. Well, not that way.

"Give it up, Rogers!" one snarled. "Get that door open! You have nowhere to go!"

I peered out the window. I looked down, and I swallowed. I'd survive that jump. Right? I mean, I'd jumped from this height plenty of times. Granted, there was always water below. But I didn't have a choice. I had no other way out. I was about to find out if I was going to fight another day.

I pulled my shield tighter on my arm; I was going to need it. I took a deep breath. And I jumped, crashing through the glass wall. The wind tore at my hair as I plummeted to the building below. I shrunk behind my shield as I plunged towards the ground. I smashed through the glass roof. I landed on my shield. The wind was torn from my lungs. Glass was sprinkled around me like sharp snowflakes.

The landing was more painful than I'd anticipated. I heaved, craving for breath. Winded. I didn't have time to catch my breath. I needed to get out of the Triskelion.

I struggled to my feet. I staggered and then I broke into a run. My ride was waiting for me in the garage.

Author's Note: Hey,  there! What did you think about this awesome action scene? This has got to be one of my favourite fight scenes in Winter Soldier. Well, it's second fiddle to an even better one coming soon. Let me know what you thought about this action sequence in the comments!

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a quick vote! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 83.2K 39
❝Do you feel like a young god?❞ [across the marvel cinematic universe] [thor - age of ultron] [book one of ?] [CURRENTLY EDITING]
1.7M 91.9K 77
Marvel Fanfic Awards Winner: -Best Plot -Best Loki -Best Male Villain -Toughest Character (Anna) BOOK ONE. The world has changed. After alien...
197K 10.3K 37
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐑 | ❝Yeah? I'll have you know my superpower is being a huge asshole, actually.❞ In which the mysterious superhero and S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Va...
987K 25.9K 52
You are a genius, and when you get invited to one of Tony Stark's parties, your life changes forever. Growing up as an orphan (no, none of the Aveng...