~ Light Of Hope ~ (A Toushir...

By AmeChan192

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN BLEACH CREDITS GO TO TITE KUBO~SENSEI~~<3 Yuuki is a bright, cheerful, compassionate... More

Hi Guys!! (^w^)v
1. " Things Lost in the Rain "
2." Into the Abyss "
3. " New Beginning "
4. " Home "
5. " Unknown Origins "
6. " Shinigami Daikou "
7. " Parting and Reunion "
8. " To Soul Society "
9. " A Chance Encounter "
10. " A New Found Hope "
10.5. Extra Chapter - " 3 Again "
11. " Girls Day Out "
12. " The Sacred Jewel of Soul "
13. " Growing Feelings "
14. " Incoming Storm "
15. " Game Start "
16. " Missing Again "
17. " Battle Preparations "
18. " I Hear Your Voice "
19. " Reunion "
20. " Confession "
20.5. Extra Chapter - " Personality Gone Bad "
21. " Confusion "
22. " Vasto Lorde "
24. " The Guardian Deity "
25. " Friends and Foes "
26. " Frustrations "
27. " Visored "
28. " Espada "
29. " The Twelve Honoured Knights "
30. " Light x Dark "
30.5. Extra Chapter - " First Date "
31. " True Feelings "
32. " Training in Hell "
33. " Visions of the Past and Future "
34. " Deciding One's Fate "
35. " Personal Vendetta "
36. " Complications "
37. " Hell Has Fallen "
38. " Strategy Meeting "
39. " Under the Moonlight's Glow "
40. " Nagisa "
41. " Pledge of Loyalty "
42. " Awaken "
43. " True Meaning of Sacrifice "
44. " Memories "
45. " Camaraderie "
46. " A Heart That Doesn't Forget "
47. " Choices "
48. " The Inner Abyss "
48.5. " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Part 1) "
49. " Deepest Secrets "
50. " Truth Unveiled "
Final Chapter ~ A Place to Return To
Sequel
51.5 " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Part 2) "
51.5.5 " Extra Chapter - Lost Child (Last Part) "
Thank You

23. " Calm Before the Storm "

246 12 0
By AmeChan192

Tense silence fell into the room for a while. Ichigo regained his composure knowing that there's nothing they can do but to prepare for what's coming.

"So how long are you guys planning on staying here? Do you even have a place to stay?", Ichigo questioned.

Everyone looks at him expectantly except for Toushirou.

As if reading their minds, Ichigo immediately rejected it. "No! We don't have enough room for all of you!"

Rangiku looks at him with pleading eyes.

"Specially you!", Ichigo exclaimed.

Then she unbuttons another one of her buttons semi-exposing her breasts.

"Holy mother of all breasts!!", Kon suddenly said popping out of Ichigo's bag.

Rangiku nonchalantly punches Kon to the wall just as he was about to jump onto her chest.

"N-No! I won't give in to temptation! I'm a man!", Ichigo said as he covers his eyes but separated his fingers, blushing.

"Then you can start by taking your hands off your eyes.", Rukia said.

An irk mark appeared on Ichigo's head. "Shut up! The answer is still no!"

While everyone was busy with their comical arguments, Yuuki entered through the front door downstairs.

"Ichi-nii, it's just me, okay? I forgot something!", Yuuki called while looking around the kitchen and immediately found what she was looking for on the countertop. "Ahh! Here it is!", she said truimphantly. "I left some dinner in the fridge just heat it up, okay? I'm off now."

"Want me to walk you back?", Ichigo called back.

"No thanks! I'm with Orihime!", Yuuki said and they heard the door shut.

"Where are they going at this time of night?", Rangiku asked.

"She's staying over at Inoue's place to help her study like always.", Ichigo explained.

"Ahh... she sure is smart, huh?", Rangiku said and rose to her feet. "Well then, see ya!"

Rangiku left through the window and Toushirou follows after her.

"Where are you going?", Toushirou asked.

"At Orihime-chan's.", came Rangiku's reply.

"Did you ask for her permission?", Toushirou questioned.

"No. But I knowing her, she won't reject me.", Rangiku offhandedly said.

"You're just taking advantage of someone else's kindness. Besides didn't Kurosaki say that they're studying? You shouldn't disturb them.", Toushirou reasoned.

"It's just for tonight, and we're not going there to disturb them.", Rangiku assured.

As they walk while talking, they saw Orihime and Yuuki chatting while making their way back to Orihime's. The two Shinigamis approach them but didn't want to interrupt their conversation so they kept quiet for the time being. The two girls didn't seem to notice them yet as they silently follow behind.

"Ino-Orihime, when Kuchiki-san said 'that incident', was she referring to what happened two months ago with that Aizen person?", Yuuki asked curiously.

"Hai, when we were trying to save Kuchiki-san from execution, it turned out that he was the mastermind. He plotted to take the Hogyoku which was hidden within Kuchiki-san.", Orihime answered.

"Hogyoku??", Yuuki questioned.

Orihime shrugs. "To be honest, I don't know what it is either... but they say it's something powerful."

"I don't exactly know what happened but judging by the looks on everyone's faces, I can tell that it's something really serious.", Yuuki said.

"Yeah...", Orihime muttered sadly.

"Is there anything that I can do to help?", Yuuki asked.

Orihime shakes her head no. "You don't have to involve yourself into this. Plus you already have your own problems to deal with."

"Yeah... but... everyone helped me out last time so it's my turn to help them this time. I know that I'm not strong but I wanted to help in some way.", Yuuki tried to reason.

"I understand how you feel...", Orihime emphathized. "Back when Kurosaki-kun went to Soul Society to save Kuchiki-san, I also thought of the same. I came with him thinking that I can be of help to him in some ways but in the end... I did nothing at all but to rely on him. It was foolish of me to think that he would rely on me as well someday... but I think that time will never come."

Yuuki stared at Orihime while taking it all in. "Orihime....... you really like Ichi-nii, don't you?"

Orihime blushes. "Ehh?! Ahh? C-Can you tell?!"

"Hehe... yeah... it's written all over your face.", Yuuki teased making Orihime blush harder. "But Ichi-nii is kind of dense when it comes to those kind of things so he won't know until you tell him."

Orihime hums in agreement. "But enough talk about me, what about you? Do you have some you like?"

Now it was Yuuki's turn to blush. "Y-Yeah... I do.", she admitted timidly.

Hearing this, Orihime beams in excitement. "Really?! Did you tell him?"

"I already did.", Yuuki said.

"So? What did he say?!", Orihime enthusiastically asked.

"He said I was just mistaken and that I was confused.", Yuuki said, unshed tears shimmer in her eyes. "He might have rejected me but somehow, giving up on him doesn't feel right. That's why it's just one-sided for me."

"Eh? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh?!!! Are you sure he said that?!", Orihime questioned in astonishment.

"Yeah....", Yuuki simply said.

Orihime stopped in her tracks gaping while Yuuki continues walking unaware that Orihime stopped.

"Yuuki-chan was rejected?!", Orihime mumbled. "Hmm... there can only be two kinds of people in the world that would reject her. It's either he's an alien or a kid..... yup... must be a kid.", she thought out loud.

Unbeknownst to her, Toushirou and Rangiku weren't far behind and heard everything. The words she said stabbed Toushirou like a spear and the word 'kid' was the fatal blow for him and was even mentioned twice.

"Taichou... are you okay? That was quite a heavy blow and you weren't even on guard.", Rangiku asked much to her amusement.

As soon as she heard the familiar voice, Orihime turns around and saw Rangiku supporting Toushirou who looks droopy and gloomy.

"Ah! Rangiku-san! Toushiro-kun! What are you guys doing here? I thought you were still at Kurosaki-kun's place.", Orihime asked while approaching them.

"We just finished talking to him. We were on our way to your house since need a place to stay for a while.", Rangiku said.

"Hehe... I'm glad you decided to go to my place, it's starting to get gloomy over there.", Orihime cheerfully said. "Speaking of gloomy...... what happened to Toushirou-kun?"

"He's just tired that's all, but he'll be fine.", Rangiku offhandedly said.

Despite her confusion, Orihime didn't question any further.

When Yuuki finally noticed Orihime wasn't beside her, she turns around. "Orihime-saaan!! Hurry up we still need to prepare for di- ..... Shiro?! Matsumoto-san?!", she said with a surprised look upon seeing Orihime with Rangiku and Toushirou and rushes to them. "Shiro? What's wrong? Are you okay?", she asked in concern.

"Ohh he's just tired, he'll be fine in a little while so there's no need to worry about him.", Rangiku said.

"Are you sure?", Yuuki asked.

Rangiku nods and grins.

"Well then, let's go back to my place. He can rest there.", Orihime said.

Urged by Orihime, they all started to walk and it didn't take long to reach their destination. By this time, Toushirou has already recovered.

"Shiro, you shouldn't overdo things. When you're tired, it's not a bad thing to rest.", Yuuki said.

"I'm going out for some air.", was all Toushirou said.

"Okay...", Yuuki trailed off, mildly confused but shrugged it off.

Toushirou went to the roof and sat there thinking a lot of things while Yuuki makes supper happily with Orihime and Rangiku.

(It's my first time to cook for Shiro@ I hope he likes it!), Yuuki happily thought.

While Yuuki was cooking, Rangiku and Orihime took a bath together.

"Phew! So refreshing, nothing like a nice warm bath.", Rangiku happily said.

"Yuuki-chan the bath is ready.", Orihime called out loud.

"Haaaai!!", Yuuki called back.

It was Yuuki's turn to take a bath and while doing so, Orihime and Rangiku were preparing the table. The smell of the food wafted through the air.

"Mmmmm... smells good!", Rangiku said.

"It doesn't just smell good, it tastes good too! Yuuki-chan is good at cooking. That's one of the reasons I always invite her to come over.", Orihime said.

"That girl... is there anything she isn't good at?", Rangiku mused.

"Believe it or not she isn't good at sports.", was Orihime's response.

Rangiku raises an eyebrow. "That's all?"

"I'm sure there's more but who cares?", Orihime shrugs.

Then as if remembering something, Rangiku looks around. "Oh yeah, where did taichou go?"

"He probably just went outside.", Orihime surmised.

"We should have something for dessert!", Rangiku suddenly said.

"I'd like to eat something sweet as well.....", Orihime trailed off then an idea suddenly popped into her head. "Wanna go to the convenience store?"

Rangiku didn't miss a beat and answered."Sure!"

"Yuuki-chaaaan! We're off to the convenience store!", Orihime called out loud.

"Okay! Get me some pudding!", Yuuki called back. She heard an affirmative response before hearing the door shut.

After bathing and now dressed in her pajamas, Yuuki went out to call for Toushirou. "Shirooo, dinner is ready!"

When there was no response, she opted to climb up to check on him. However, she slipped while climbing but a hand suddenly grabbed her firmly by the arm.

"Ah! T-Thanks...", Yuuki said as Toushirou helps her up with ease. "Shiro... let's get inside, it's cold out here. Supper is ready, Matsumoto-san and Orihime will be back shortly."

"Okay... thanks.", Toushiro said and deftly jumps down.

Yuuki was having a hard time getting back down so Toushirou decided to help her out. She mumbled her thanks, but then she noticed that he was acting a bit unusual. "What's bothering you? Does it have something to do with that Aizen person?", she asked.

"It has nothing to do with you. You should focus on your own problems.", Toushirou sternly said.

Not bothered by his cold demeanor, Yuuki insisted. "I know... but still... I want to help... please tell me... when Hina mentioned his name, she looked so sad..."

Toushirou clenched his first as he remembers everything Aizen did. "He was the one who hurt Hinamori and betrayed all of us. I'll never forgive him.", anger was evident in his eyes.

Yuuki remained silent prompting him to continue.

"The Aizen we knew no longer exist or never did. He just didn't show his true colors up until now. He's Soul Society's enemy now. He also has Ichimaru Gin and Tosen Kaname working for him after all these time. Aside from that he also has an army of Arrancar on his side."

"Arrancar? Kuchiki-san mentioned that you were sent here to defend Karakura Town against Arrancars. What are they? How are they different from Hollows?", Yuuki asked.

"Unlike Chained Hollows or Hollows, Arrancars are type of Menos, a conglomeration of hundreds of Hollows resulting in a single composite entity making them much more powerful than normal Hollows. There are three categories of Menos. The weakest are called Gillians, which are huge and they all look the same. After Gillians, are Adjuchas which are smaller but more powerful than Gillians. Then the last one is our biggest problem, the most powerful type of Menos are called Vasto Lorde who are the same size as humans. Some of those Vasto Lordes tear off their masks to gain Shinigami-like powers are called Arrancars.", Toushirou explained.

"Does that mean they're more powerful than normal Vasto Lordes?", Yuuki questioned curiously.

Toushirou nods, expression becoming more serious. "Even in Hueco Mundo they are extremely rare. They take on a humanoid form and their powers are equal or more powerful than a captain in Soul Society. So if Aizen has more than ten Arrancar in Vasto Lorde level on his side... there's little or no chance of us winning this battle and if we lose... we all die."

Tense silence reigned as Yuuki absorbs the inforation.

"Okay, now I understand the gravity of the situation. Then that's the more reason I want to help. Sure it won't be much but I'd rather do something rather than nothing. You said it yourself that if we lose, we all die, then I'd rather die fighting with everyone than waiting to die.", Yuuki said with a determined look on her face.

Toushirou stares at her, trying to find the right words to persuade her not to get involved but nothing comes to mind. He sighs in defeat. "I can't beat you with words can I?"

Yuuki merely shrugs in response.

"Were baaack!", Rangiku called out loud.

At Rangiku's call Yuuki and Toushirou steps inside and the four of them happily ate supper together afterwards.

Later that night Yuuki woke up when she had the same dream about her Guardian Deity. She gets off to bed and steps outside the room. She saw Toushirou sleeping peacefully on the couch so she crept outside the balcony for some air.

(She was calling out to me again... what should I do?), Yuuki thought and a sigh escapes her lips.

"Can't sleep huh?", a familiar voice said.

Yuuki jumped in surprise. "Kyaaah!!!", she slaps a hand over her mouth and whirls around to face the perpetrator who almost gave her a heart attack.

"What a cute scream.", Toushirou said with a straight face but the way his lips turned upwards says that he was amused.

"S-Shiro... you surprised me! You were sleeping on the couch just a second ago!", Yuuki said as she blushes. "I'm sorry for waking you up."

"That's okay... I couldn't sleep as well...", Toushirou assured her. He steps beside her and leans on his back against the railing. "So what's bothering you? You seem to be deep in thought."

"I dreamt of her again...", Yuuki admitted.

"By her you mean.....", Toushirou trailed off.

Yuuki nods. "I still can't see her clearly and what's weird is that I still can't remember her name. My voice can't reach her.", then she looks at Toushirou dead in the eyes. "Shiro.... I need your help... please, there's no more time.... take me there....if not then she might disappear any moment... that's what I feel.", she said with pleading eyes.

"But what do you expect to find by going back there? There's no trace of anything left.... it might only give you unpleasant memories.", Toushirou said knowing what's on her mind.

Yuuki clenched her fists and looks down. "I don't know... but I have to face it sooner or later... and I feel like if you're by my side I have nothing to fear."

Toushirou sighs in resignation. "It's a bit far but we can make it back here before everyone wakes up."

Yuuki looks up at him and beams. "Thanks a lot Shiro! You're the best!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706 41 11
"You'll protect me, right nemi?" "Yeah" She gave an adorable smile to him and he returned it by wrapping his tiny hands around hers and dragging her...
14.8K 358 32
To everyone who wanted a different ending IchiRukia 4 ever Disclaimer: I don't own bleach or any of it's characters and this is my first Fanfic so s...
45.1K 1.3K 26
In her first week as the head of the Fifth Division, Akira struggles to balance her personal demons with her duties as a captain. She soon finds hers...
238K 7.9K 56
Cherī Zaraki is an average teenager.. At least that's what everybody else thinks of her. Cherī is actually a Soul Reaper. Her parents are Kisuke Urah...