Living in a Jumble of Wishes

By Monica4242

Pamela McCloud can make everything she wants come true. It’s like having a genie, minus the three-wishes-only... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 11

1.8K 83 26
By Monica4242

Living in a Jumble of Wishes

Chapter 11

The next day I went to school feeling excited about telling my friends all about the party. I was sure that they would come and they might help me plan a bit. They were, after all, more experienced when it came to parties.

I arrived late to school, though, so I had to wait for break time to tell them.

The first three hours were passing so slowly. I wanted the time to pass already so that I could tell them about the party!

When break time finally arrived and we got to our usual place on the stairs, I spoke up.

“My parents are traveling to Paris tomorrow,” I started, catching their attention. “So I was thinking of throwing a party at my place on Friday.”

“Ooh a party!” Amy said excitedly, making little dance moves, making me chuckle.

“We’ll definitely be there!” Kyle said, high fiving Zack.

“By second break, the whole school would know about it,” Mandy said arrogantly, taking out her cell phone and grinning.

I grinned as well. This is going well so far!

“Mandy and I will go with you to buy the snacks and alcohol tomorrow,” Candy suggested and I agreed quickly, thankful that I didn’t have to ask.

“We’ll go right after school,” I said and they nodded.

The girls started talking excitedly about what they wanted to wear and how it was going to be a great party.

I really hoped it would be as good as they thought it would be. But I made a wish last night and it will come true just like the other wishes I had made before.

“And what will you be wearing?” Zack whispered in my ear, putting his arm around my shoulders to pull me closer to him so that we could have a more private conversation.

I blushed and bit my lip. I actually hadn’t decide yet. I had a few dresses so I had to check which one looked the best on me before I decided.

So I replied, “That’s a surprise.”

I gave him a wink and he smirked. I hope he didn’t notice that I still had no idea what I should wear.

“Wear something short and tight,” he said, his eye lighting up.

I slapped his chest, giving him a fake scowl. “You’ll see on Friday,” I said again.

“I can’t wait,” he replied, kissing my cheek.

Of course the dress was going to be short but not like the dresses some people wear. I don’t buy shirts and wear them as dresses.

The next couple of days passed in a blur. My parents left for Paris and I was home alone. I didn’t really like being home on my own but it was only for five days so it was not so bad. I kept telling myself that people my age sometimes lived on their own so being in my house without my parents for five days is not that big of a deal.

On Friday afternoon, all the alcohol and snacks were in my kitchen and my dress was picked.

I had talked to Landon again but he said that he won’t make it to the party. I was sad because he won’t come but I couldn’t force him to. Maybe he didn’t like parties just like I didn’t like parties either.

Friday after school, I started removing all the glass vases and picture frames and everything that could get broken from downstairs and put them in the guest bedroom.

I then locked my parents’ room and the guest room, keeping the keys in a small jar in a kitchen drawer.

I pushed the furniture away to make room for people who wanted to dance and I fixed everything downstairs before going to my room to take a shower and get ready.

It was already five o'clock and people would start coming at around eight so I had to hurry so that I could finish on time.

Once I was out of the shower, I put on the dress that I picked then I dried my hair and straightened it. After doing my hair, I started with my make-up and accessories.

When I was satisfied with my makeup, I stood up and put on my black heels. I then stood in front of my full length mirror to see how I looked.

My brown hair was shiny and straight, my face had more make-up than usual but not too much to make me look like a clown. I had on red lipstick that matched my red dress.

Around my neck, I had a silver chain with a four leaf clover pendant. My dress was a simple red strapless dress that was tight from the top and the skirt spread out slightly. My five inch black heels made my legs look taller than they actually were and I thought that Zack would like that.

I looked good.

I glanced at the silver watch on my left wrist and saw that it was eight o'clock sharp. People should start arriving I thought as I locked my bedroom door and went downstairs to put it with the rest of the keys in the kitchen drawer. I turned on the music but I didn’t have it on too loud for now.

I opened the bags of chips in the kitchen and put them in colorful plastic bowls on the counter next to the alcohol and plastic cups.

Soon, people started coming. There were some people that I didn’t even recognize but I didn’t care because I had my own group of friends.

I noticed that Carla and Kate didn’t come but I wasn’t expecting them to anyway. Parties were never our thing. They were probably having a movie night now. For a second, I wished I could be with them but then I shook the thought away. Here I was with the whole school at my house for a party and I was wishing I could be having a stupid movie night with two girls?

Everyone was drinking and dancing and having a great time. The party was even bigger than Kyle’s party, which really surprised me considering that Kyle has been in the popular group ever since day one in high school.

Everyone’s going to be talking about it for weeks, I thought excitedly. That party will definitely make me even more and more popular.

I saw couples going upstairs and then I watched them amusedly as they went back downstairs with annoyed looks when they found out that the rooms were locked.

I danced with the twins at first before Zack grabbed my waist and pulled me to him to dance with me.

“You look hot,” he spoke in my ear as we danced to the beat of the song.

“Thank you,” I said, raising my voice so that he could hear me over the sound of the music. “And you look very handsome.”

And he really did. He was wearing black pants and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I could see all the muscles of his arms. Of course he would have muscles. He was a basketball player after all.

His hands tightened around my waist as he kissed my lips.

It was around midnight when Zack said to me, “Can we go to your room? It’s too loud here.”

I smiled and nodded. I took his hand in mine and went to the kitchen where people were playing beer pong.

I discreetly took the key of my room from the jar in the drawer and went upstairs with Zack.

It was sweet that he wanted someplace quieter for us to talk. I was grateful for that also because I was starting to have a headache and I knew that the people won’t start leaving until at least two more hours. Parties don’t end before two in the morning and the worst part of having the party at your place is that you have to be there from the first moment till the last moment.

I unlocked my bedroom door and let him in. I went in as well and locked it again because I really didn’t want a couple barging in.

He sat on my bed so I took off my heels and sat next to him. It felt nice to finally have those heels off. They were killing my feet.

He wrapped his arms around me, stroking my hair.

“Great party,” he said, looking at me proudly. “The best one I have ever been to.”

I grinned at that. “Thank you!”

I was so proud that I managed to have a great party. I’m glad the wish came true!

Zack’s arms trailed down to my waist and he pulled me onto his lap. I squeaked, surprised then scowled at him.

“You really need to stop doing that,” I said to him. First at the movies and then now. He chuckled before kissing my lips.

I kissed him back, tangling my hands in his hair. A few minutes later, he somehow spun us around so that I was pinned on the bed under him.

I felt warning bells go off in my head but I told myself that things won’t get out of control. He won’t do anything other than kissing; that was all he did for all those weeks. He won’t do anything inappropriate now.

As soon as that thought came to my mind, his hands held the edge of my dress and he started tugging it upwards.

“Zack,” I said, pulling away from his lips.

He didn’t reply and just crashed his lips back to mine, my dress now up to my waist.

“Zack, stop,” I said, panicking, but he didn’t stop.

“Don’t worry,” he whispered to me. “I won’t hurt you.”

“I don’t want to do this Zack,” I said when he started kissing my neck. I tried to push him off but he was too heavy.

“We’re together. We should do that,” he replied, trying to convince me.

“No we shouldn’t!” I said, my panic rising. I tried to shove him harder this time but he wouldn’t budge.

He growled and his hands tightened around me, making me wince at the pain that he was inflicting on me.

“Zack you’re hurting me!” I said, letting out a whimper.

When he didn’t acknowledge me and started tugging my dress further up, I did the only thing I could think of.

I lifted my knee and it hit him in the stomach. He let out a grunt and let go of me immediately.

I quickly stood up and ran to the door.

“Pamela!” He called after me. I heard him shuffling and I knew he would be right next to me in a second so with shaky hands, I twisted the key and unlocked the door. I then ran downstairs, barefoot, forgetting that my room was unlocked and that people might go up there. At that moment, I didn’t care about anything. I just wanted to get away from Zack. My heart was beating wildly in my chest and I rushed down the stairs.

I knew that Zack was following me so I went in between people who were dancing and talking to lose him and then I went out of the door at the back of the kitchen.

It was quieter outside and no one was around.

I took a couple of calming breaths but my heart was still beating fast and my hands were still shaking. I couldn’t stop myself from thinking back to what just happened and I also thanked God that it didn’t go any further than that.

When I started shivering from the cold outside, I opened the kitchen door and looked around to see if Zack was there.

When I didn’t see him, I sprinted to the stairs, crossing my fingers and hoping not to run into him or anyone else. I didn’t want to talk to anyone right now. I just wanted to be on my own.

I got to my room which was luckily still empty. I went in and quickly locked to door behind me.

I collapsed on my bed and started sobbing.

I can’t believe Zack did that. What should I do now?

I was shaking but I wasn’t sure if it was from fear, panic, or cold. Maybe all of those three together.

I took a deep breath and thought about calling Landon because I felt like I needed a friend like him right now.

I took my iPhone and pressed the home button. My finger froze over the screen when I saw that it was one in the morning.

He would probably be asleep I thought so I put my phone away and decided not to call him. I didn’t want to bother him at this time.

I then changed into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie that should keep me warm.

I went to the bathroom and cleaned my now ruined make up. I heard several people trying to get into my room but I ignored them completely.

I stayed awake till I felt the sound of the people decreasing and decreasing till it eventually disappeared.

At three thirty in the morning, I unlocked my bedroom door and poked my head outside.

I went down the stairs and looked around all the rooms. All the rooms were empty. I turned off the music and started cleaning the kitchen.

I threw all the empty plates, cups, bowls, and bottles. I then cleaned the floor in all the rooms downstairs and the kitchen. There was alcohol and food spilled everywhere in the kitchen. I wrinkled my nose at the smell and kept on cleaning.

I didn’t want to sleep. I wasn’t even tired. All that I could think of is what could have happened after those horrible few minutes with Zack in my room.

When the rooms and the kitchen were back to the way they were before the party it was six in the morning and the sun was already up.

That was when I felt the exhaustion. I had been awake for twenty four hours straight now.

I went up to my room, closed the blinds and slid under the covers. A minute later, I was asleep, thankful that I didn’t get any nightmares because of what happened that night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much do you hate Zack right now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 9K 55
A love letter to the populars, the awkwards, the depressed, the third wheels. Anyone reading this--this is for you. To everyone that feels unimporta...
52.6M 2.2M 200
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...
199 47 23
Life of a teenager is never easy...whether dealing with school or other things..finding out who you are...your dream. But along the way, Emily may no...
16 10 10
"What so wrong in having wishes, everyone has in life, So...I have a lot of wishes and I want someone to fullfil it, before dying I want the world ha...