THE DARK ONE ☿ KLAUS MIKAELSO...

By DarellyLucero

"No one comes to see me without a deal in mind." -The Dark One *** "Don't say its name" she started "Don't e... More

00; prologue
01; a deal with the devil?
02; the new deal with the original
03; the day the dark one let the hybrid live
04; they fear her more than him
06; the first encounter
07; trust issues
08; loving and vengeful hearts
09; the dark one and the original hybrid
10; a confession of love and the arrival of mikael
11; the mad hatter
12; blood straight from a castle

05; wolves in the night

25.9K 944 249
By DarellyLucero

05; wolves in the night

The Dark One was starting to get bored in the woods, Klaus was telling to all the werewolves the benefits of being a hybrid; she rolled her eyes as he kept going on, but the best part, what make it all hilarious and satisfying was the fact that she knew it wasn't going to work; Klaus needed Elena's blood if he wanted to make hybrids, of course, she knew that when he killed all the wolves and nothing started to happen he would figure out she knew something about it.

Klaus was sitting on a rock "It's fascinating, actually..." he grinned "A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun" his eye flicked for a second at the blonde's direction who was leaning against a tree "A true hybrid" suddenly Ray let out a gasp waking up, Klaus clapped his hands and stood up "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

Ray started to get up panicking and looking at his own body "What's happening to me?"

"Stefan?" the hybrid called.

Stefan got up and looked at the pack "Are any of you human?" he asked "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire" he explained "If he doesn't get it, he will die."

No one spoke, sighing Klaus did "Doesn't take much, just a sample" still nothing "Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" he looked at a man "You" he said and rushed over him and bit his forearm. Stefan catches him and threw him on the ground in front of Ray.

The woman who received them protested but Klaus started to strangle her but she managed to spat something "Wait" she muttered, Klaus raised his eyebrow "Let me say something" the hybrid decided he wanted to know what it was, maybe it would be interesting enough. She looked at him for a second to then say "I want to make a deal."

Klaus let out a laugh "Sorry my dear but there will be no deals, today."

"Actually, I thought I caught a whiff of desperation" the Dark One said with a smirk "Guess I was right" she walked calmly to the woman, when she stood in front of her she turned her head at the hybrid "You don't decide when there is going to or not going to be a deal" she stated coldly to then look back to the woman "Dearie, why should I make a deal with you, you don't seem to have something to offer me."

"I believe I do" the woman replied trying to sound firm.

"Tell me, what you could possibly have to make me save you and your pack from his hands" she said tilting her head referring to the Original.

"Squid Ink" the woman answered.

Klaus snorted at the answer "Squid Ink? Please tell me this is a joke" he turned at the blonde with a grin but it fell immediately when he saw her expression "You can't be serious?" he asked her in disbelief.

The Dark One glared at the woman "What is your name?" she asked seriously, the woman didn't answer instantly "NOW" she shouted. Klaus saw all the birds flew away, even he was sensing something dark and powerful, he knew it was her.

"Marina" the woman replied scared "Marina Quentin."

"Marina, if you are lying to me-" the blonde started to say but the woman cut her off quickly.

"I swear I am not" she shook her head "I would never lie to you."

Cvilidreta clenched her jaw "How did you manage to possess Squid Ink?"

"It belonged to my family for generations" Marina answered "I always wondered why it was so important, my grandfather explained to me the essentiality of the Ink and how it was related to you" she licked her lips nervously "I can give it to you if you don't let him" she pointed at the Original "Kill my pack."

The Dark One glared the woman for a second, who shifted scared "Guess is your lucky day."

"NO" Klaus roared angrily.

The blonde ignored him "Today your pack survives the Original hybrid and the Dark One, congratulations" she narrowed her eyes "Now give the Ink."

Marina smiled and nodded, the rest of the pack sighed relieved and happy, they weren't going to die; Klaus turned at the blonde with fury "You can't do this, I will not allow you."

"Marina go and get the Ink, now, I will wait here for insurance, you better not escape, dearie" Cvilidreta ordered the woman who nodded and left, she turned at the Original "You can talk all you want, I made the deal already didn't you hear my words?" she asked him hoping he had listened carefully to her words.

"Oh, I did hear your words" Klaus replied with sarcasm "They just don't matter to me at all."

Cvilidreta sighed, he had not heard her words at all like she was hoping, she was beginning to ask herself if he was actually her true love. Maybe she did the potion wrong. Maybe.

If the hybrid tried anything then she would be forced to act, and she couldn't risk it, unfortunately, again she would have to use a little of the force against him but firstly her words, she was going to use her words against him, he may have said it didn't matter to him but she was devious with them, the deal she had just make minutes ago was proof of it.

"You better not hurt any of them, Niklaus" Cvilidreta warned him "Or this will end badly for you."

Klaus ignored her and went directly to another pack member, whom reacted immediately and started to back away from him, Klaus grabbed him by the shoulder but before he could bite his own wrist he felt someone grabbed him by the back of his neck and threw him.

All the pack saw the Original flew till he hit himself against a tree, he fell on the ground; he stood up quickly and flashed his fangs angrily at the blonde who had a smirk on her face "I warned you, dearie" she said as her tongue made a tsk.

The Original speeded straight at her but she easily caught him by the neck, he started to choke when she started to apply force on her grip "We talked about this before, Klaus, you can't hurt me but I can easily turn you into dust" he glared at her as she leaned closer to his ear "Did you hear what I said earlier?" she repeated her words "I said, today they were safe" she narrowed her eyes at him when she moved away, for a second Klaus didn't understand what she meant but his eyes widened "Now you get it" she said nodding.

"Yes" the Original managed to say weakly, slowly he was feeling how the air wasn't going into his lungs "I get it" he gasped when the blonde let go of him, he fell on the ground trying to catch some air.

The pack was watching everything with a mix of fear and amazement; they had witnessed how the Dark One easily beat the Original hybrid, something they would remember for the rest of their lives; Stefan, on the other hand, didn't know if he was supposed to be afraid or horrified, but amazement wasn't something he was feeling.

But he was indeed curious to know why Squid Ink? What made the Ink so important that the Dark One would let an entire pack live instead of having them be killed by Klaus' hand? Maybe it was some kind of weapon? He only got from Marina it was old and by the looks, it wasn't easy to find.

An hour later Marina had come back, nervously she walked straight to the blonde who had a grin on her face "Here it is" she told showing her a small jar with the ink on it.

The Dark One smiled widely, without waiting she took it from her hands and started to inspect it "Oh, dearie" she said letting out a strange giggle that neither Klaus and Stefan had heard her made ever "You have no idea how happy you just made me" in a blink the jar disappeared of her hands.

Marina blinked confusedly "Where is it?"

"Safe" Cvilidreta answered quickly "Sorry for the inconvenient, we will be leaving now."

Stefan looked at Klaus confused; he wasn't doing anything to stop her instead the hybrid started to walk away with a smirk, he was hiding something, both of them were "Wait" he heard Marina's voice.

"Yes, love?" Klaus asked her almost innocently.

"Ray" she stated, everyone, turned at the wolf who was unconscious on the floor "He is in transition, is he is going to die?"

"Only if he doesn't drink someone's blood" Cvilidreta answered.

"So, if he drinks human blood, he will be a hybrid?" Klaus rolled his eyes.

"I thought that was very much clear" he replied.

"Can't you change him back?" Marina asked the blonde.

She could but she just didn't want to, why she would waste her power with an unimportant wolf? After all, they were going to die in the end, all of them, collateral damage that's what they were.

The blonde scoffed "I'm the Dark One, dearie, not the Light One" she replied "Saving someone is not in my nature" she narrowed her eyes "Like I said before, we will leave now" she turned at the vampires "Klaus, Stefan. Time to go."

Without waiting for a response, she made them disappear in a dark red smoke, to then appear back at the bar they were before; Stefan stumbled at the sudden act and glared at her, Klaus, on the other hand, looked at her curious "Question" he told her "How can a bloody ink of a squid be more important than my hybrids?" he asked calmly "In what are you going to use it for?"

The Dark One turned at him with a grin "Question my motives all you like, dearie, but they shall remain mine."

Klaus huffed annoyed; no matter how many times he tried, she was never going to answer his questions, the blonde could be planning his doom and he would never see it coming by the lack of information she provided him, meaning nothing.

Stefan rolled his eyes and spoke to the hybrid "You are so calm considering the fact that you just lost a pack thanks to her" he said referring to the blonde.

The Original smirked "Did I?" he asked him. Stefan only sent him a confused look. "Didn't you hear Cvilidreta words?"

"I clearly said the pack would have my protection for today" she smirked "I never said anything about tomorrow."

Stefan's eyes widened "You tricked them."

"Not my fault" she shook her head "Marina should have specified the deal."

Stefan scoffed; she had manipulated the woman just like she had done with him, Damon and Bonnie months ago. Now that he thought about it, he had completely forgotten about Bonnie's condition, he didn't know if she was awake at the moment or still sleeping and in pain; he gulped at the thought and shook his head trying to think of something else.

"You know, love, this is very much unfair" Klaus suddenly told her "You know everything about our lives but we don't know anything about you."

"Actually have you forgotten when I told you we indeed know each other" she grinned "You just don't remember, and for all I know, this time maybe it will be same as the others."

"Others?" the hybrid asked gritting his teeth "As in more than one?"

"Of course" she answered with a giggle "We would always spend a year or two together then I would erase your memories of me" Klaus looked at her in disbelief "A few years later we meet up again and repeat the process, same with your siblings."

At this point Klaus' jaw was clenched in anger, he felt so violated by her, he knew it was very hypocrite from his part but he didn't care at all, he just wanted to know why "Why?" he spat angrily at her "What's the point of erasing my memories? Why not let me keep them?"

For a second Stefan thought he had seen a hurt look on her face but maybe he was just imagining it "For the same reason you erased his" she answered. Klaus narrowed his eyes trying to figure out who was "his"; he glanced at Stefan for a moment to then look back at the blonde. He shook his head and went inside of the bar.

***

Marina woke up the next day with a smile; she went all around the forest to grab some herbs for Ray who was still alive in a sense but in pain, before she had left, everyone in her pack kept thanking her for saving them from the hybrid and the Dark One.

An hour later she came back to the camp, her smile fell when she saw everything destroyed and the bodies of her pack on the ground, she let out a sob and ran straight to check them, they were all dead.

"Did you have a good walk?" Marina turned startled at the voice. Horrified she saw the Dark One standing with a grin while on the back Klaus and Stefan were giving Ray human blood.

"What have you done?" the wolf asked with tears in her eyes "We had a deal."

"Yes, we did" the Dark One replied.

Klaus walked at them with a smirk "She said your pack survived today at us" he lifted his finger "But that was yesterday, today is a new day, she doesn't have to protect you anymore" he let out a chuckle "I don't know how can you don't want this, you will be free of the moon."

"But not of you" Marina hissed angrily.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us or you die" Klaus told her.

"I'd rather die than be a vampire" Cvilidreta rolled her eyes, she saw Stefan compel the humans to stay put.

"Wrong choice" the hybrid replied. He bit his wrist and forced his blood down the throat of Marina who tried to struggle but failed miserably "She'll thank me for that later. Heh" he said looking at the blood who smirked in response when he killed the wolf.

Stefan turned to Klaus "So is this your master plan?" he asked him scoffing "Build an army of hybrid slaves?"

Klaus shook his head "No, not slaves. Soldiers, comrades" he corrected him.

"For what war, might I ask?" the younger vampire asked.

Klaus smirked "Oh, you don't arm yourself after the war has been declared, Stefan" he told him "You build your army so big that no one ever dares pick the fight."

"What makes you so sure that they'll be loyal?" Stefan asked.

The hybrid tilted his head "Well, it's not difficult to be loyal when you're on the winning team. That's something you'll learn once you shake that horribly depressive chip off your shoulder."

Stefan let out a bitter chuckle "That's why you're, uh... you're keeping me around? To witness my attitude adjustment?"

Klaus narrowed his eyes; he couldn't help to think about the blonde's words she had said yesterday "You'll know why I'm keeping you around when I've decided that I want you to know."

Stefan turned his gaze, his eyes widened when he saw Ray's eyes started to bleed "Klaus" he called.

Klaus turned "Something's wrong" he replied watching the wolf's face.

"That shouldn't be happening, should it?" Stefan asked Klaus.

Klaus and Cvilidreta glared at him "Well, obviously" both said simultaneously.

Ray was shaking and his eyes were still bleeding "You said it was gonna feel better" he said in pain "Why doesn't it feel better?"

"Some master race" Stefan muttered.

Klaus looked at him annoyed "Lose the attitude" Marina woke up letting out a gasp, he turned at one of the humans "Derek, come feed your girlfriend" he got up. Ray snarled and made a few jumps and left the camp. Klaus looked at Stefan "Go get him"

Stefan jumped at Ray and pushed him on the ground but Ray bit him and left. Stefan was about to go after him but he heard Damon and Elena's voice in the distance. He saw them walking, Klaus arrived and he tried to take him apart from so he wouldn't be able to see them.

"Where did he go?" Klaus asked him.

"He, uh... he got away" Stefan said stuttering "Forget him. Let's go" Klaus turned his look at his arm.

"A fatal werewolf bite. Ouch" he said.

"Yeah" Stefan nodded "I'm gonna need your blood to heal me."

Klaus sighed "Well, I tell you what. You find Ray, and then I'll heal you."

Stefan looked at him in disbelief "You can't be serious."

"You better hurry, 'cause that bite looks nasty" Klaus said joking. Stefan looked mortified and left quickly.

The Dark One was standing on top of a rock watching everything; she smirked when she noticed Damon, Alaric and Elena arrived; it was obvious Stefan would tell them to leave but knowing Damon and Elena wouldn't go without him, stubbornness was good but in their cases, it was going to be their deaths.

Klaus came back to the camp and with a grin he looked how everyone was starting to wake up, unfortunately, he didn't see how Marina's eyes were bleeding just like Ray's but the blonde did see them; she knew it wasn't going to work and Klaus would have to kill them all, at least that would be some entertainment she will have.

It was nighttime already, Klaus was with Derek in front of a bonfire "Bad news, my friend. End of the road for you" Klaus told him starting to show his fangs to him, he bit his neck and kills him draining all his blood. Marina appeared in front of him with her face covered with her own blood, she was starting to get aggressive "Careful, love. There's only one Alpha here" All the werewolves' eyes were bleeding. They looked like zombies "Bloody Hell" he cursed when he noticed them.

All the werewolves were starting to growl at Klaus who had a cold look in his eyes, he turned his gaze to the Dark One who was watching him with an amusing look, he glared at her for it "If you don't mind, love, I could use a little hand at the moment" he said smoothly making her let out a snort "Do you know what is happening to them?" he asked taking a few steps slowly at the side.

"They seem to be in a rabid mode" she answered shrugging.

"Dark One" Klaus called her as one of the wolves snarled at him.

"Don't worry my dear, I will save you" she replied in a mocking tone giggling, she whistled loudly.

All the wolves including Klaus flinched and turned their heads at her "Well now you have their attention" Klaus muttered.

"Oh dearie, I wasn't trying to catch their attention" Cvilidreta replied with a smirk.

Klaus looked at her confused when suddenly he heard howls not far away from him; he could hear movement in the woods, he turned to see the wolves that were getting closer to him.

His eyes widened when he saw how the pack of rabid werewolves was surrounded by wolves but he noticed something different with them, their eyes were red, they had a dark red color.

"I was trying to catch their attention" the Dark One cleared with a grin looking at her wolves.

The werewolves were snarling at the wolves but they weren't intimidated at all instead they growled back at them with enough force that even Klaus felt respect for them, clearly, they were Cvilidreta wolves.

"Klaus" she called him, he looked at her and saw her tilt her head in sign for him to stand by her side; he speeded next to her "Impressed?"

Klaus smirked "Let's see what they can do."

"Dearies" she called her wolves "It's dinner time."

At the end of her words all the wolves growled and instantly attacked the werewolves, they tried to fight back, unfortunately for them they wolves weren't normal, the Dark One had made them stronger, faster and deadlier.

Klaus watched with amazement how one of the wolves ripped Marina's throat "Fascinating" he muttered.

"Thank you" the Dark One replied "I train them myself."

***

Stefan was walking back to the camp with Ray on his back. He was tired from the fight and the bite didn't make it any easier; luckily he managed to convince Damon and Elena to leave him with Klaus, he told them the Dark One was with them, obviously they asked why she was with them, Stefan didn't know what to answer because in fact not even he knew why the blonde was there but he knew it wasn't to help them.

He asked them how Bonnie was, their answer wasn't good, she was still suffering some nights but finally, she woke up, her magic was gone and that affected her very drastically.

Before leaving them, Stefan asked Damon and Alaric to find information about something he was curious, Ink of Squid, Damon of course looked at him weirdly and asked if he had lost his mind, he rolled his eyes and explained to them how Cvilidreta had acted about it; Alaric commented on how it must be very important the Ink, to react such way. The vampire said goodbye to them and left.

When Stefan arrived at the camp, he put Ray on the floor and looked in shock how the rest of the pack was dead. All of them. Throats ripped apart, their insides were out; something had ripped them all apart, he was sure it hadn't been Klaus, this looked to savage and it didn't seem like a person had done it, more like an animal, to be more precise, a wolf.

"They went rabid" Klaus' voice sounded.

Stefan turned to him "Did you kill them?" he asked just to be sure.

Klaus shook his head "No, I didn't" he tilted his head in the blonde's direction.

Stefan looked at her with wide eyes "No, I didn't kill them either" she crossed her arms "My pets did it."

"Pets?" he asked weakly.

"Her wolves" Klaus answered for her "Doesn't matter, in the end, they are all dead" he had a bottle in his hand; furiously, he threw it on the floor and started to yell "I did everything I was told" he was looking at the sky "I should be able to turn them" he was calming down slowly "I broke the curse. I killed a werewolf. I killed a vampire. I killed the doppelganger" he didn't notice but Stefan shifted for a second."

"You look like hell" the hybrid said looking at Stefan's pale face.

"Last I checked, I'm dying... And you don't want to heal me" he replied weakly, he threw a glance at Ray's body "I had to take him out" he shook his head "I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do."

Klaus muttered "It should have worked" he took a bottle of beer to then bite his wrist, put the blood in the bottle and gave the bottle to Stefan "Bottoms up" Stefan grabbed the bottle and drank the blood "We're leaving. It appears you're the only comrade I have left."

"Feeling the love, dearie" Cvilidreta commented sarcastically.

Klaus inhaled trying to control himself but failed, he turned to her "I know that you know what happened to them, why it didn't work."

"I do know" she said nodding.

The hybrid let out bitter laugh "Of course, you always know" he scoffed "You are not even denying it" he glared at her "You know, love, if you are not going to tell me what it's happening, then why are you here? Just leave."

"You want me to leave?" the Dark One repeated slowly.

"Yes, I do want you to leave" he snapped.

Her tongue made a tsk noise "I just saved you and this is how you repay me?" she hummed "Oh, the gratitude." 

"Actually, darling, they couldn't have killed me" he replied "I could easily have killed them all with my hands."

"Then why didn't you do it, huh?" she asked arching her eyebrow "Why did you ask for my help instead of you taking care of the mess?" Klaus narrowed his eyes at her for a moment "Don't be a fool, even though you don't want to admit it, Niklaus, you enjoy my company, deep down, and it scares you because you don't know why" she glared at him "Chicago is the next stop" his eyes widened "You can't hide anything from me."

Furious, Klaus walked away leaving the blonde and Stefan alone in the woods, the Dark One turned at Stefan "You better figure something out, my dear, soon he will know Elena is still alive and who knows what will happen."

"I bet you know" Stefan replied dryly.

She giggled "What did Klaus just said moments ago?" she smirked "I always know."

-------------------------------------------------------
Here it is chapter number five, hope you like it.

Like always I love to know your thoughts about the chapter

Please comment, vote and/or follow me.

Love you all xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 670 30
Periná has lived in Mystic Falls her whole life, her mother lived here and gave birth to her here, it's also where she died. Periná's birth killed he...
2.1K 81 9
"You and me always forever We could stay alone together You and me always forever Say you'll stay never be separate" "You know you've got me in your...
242K 4.7K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
710K 13.2K 66
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...