The Betrayal of Hayley Potter...

By aim07734

Hayley Potter has always despised Draco Malfoy. And him, vice versa. But a sudden change in his behavior ov... More

Ch. 1 ~ Train Ride
Ch. 2 ~ Home Sweet Home
Ch. 3 ~ O.W.L.S.
Ch. 4 ~ Not a Disappointment
Ch. 5 ~ Feelings
Ch. 6 ~ Happier. . .I Think
Ch. 7 ~ What He Feels
Ch. 8 ~ Ignoring the Truth
Ch. 9 ~ Dreams
Ch. 10 ~ I Admit It
Ch. 11 ~ Finally
Ch. 12 ~ I am Hayley Lillian Potter, Harry!
Ch. 13 ~ Mysteries and Lies Revealed
Ch. 14 ~ The Actual Truth
Ch. 15 ~ Dirty Little Secret
Ch. 16 ~ No Cure for This
Ch. 17 ~ Unbelieveable
Ch. 19 ~ Left Behind
Ch. 20 ~ Gone
Ch. 21 ~ Shell Cottage
Ch. 22 ~ This Isn't The End
Ch. 23 ~ Deafening Defeat
Epilogue ~ 19 years later

Ch. 18 ~ Funerals, Horcruxes and Forgiveness

32.4K 387 142
By aim07734

A/N: Why, yes, my pals, I do realize that I made a huge booboo on the last chapter. I haven't read the sixth book in a while, so I absentmindedly used what they did in the movie instead of the book.  I haven't checked the comments to see how many people actually caught that, but I'm sure there were some, because someone already PMed me. Sooo yeah, just thought I should tell you that...

Enjoy the chapter!

~A

Also, follow me on Twitter!! I don't even know why I have a Twitter account when I think that Twitter is really useful for a stalker sometimes, but, hey, that's me! A hypocrite!

Another thing, and I know this is LONG OVERDUE, but thank you to hellenj16 for the cover!!! veryone keeps saying they love it soo... yeah, thanks!! :)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Dumbledore's funeral was completely unbearable.  I don't think I would've gone if it hadn't been for Ginny practically dragging me there.  She said it would give me closure, or something.  If you ask me, I think it just made the pain in my chest worse.

Albus Dumbledore was there when I needed him the most.

After Voldemort killed my parents, Dumbledore sent me to an extremely nice girl's orphanage.  He would write to me every other day, explaining things that I needed explanations for.  He also visited me a couple times each month to watch me grow up, or at least that's what he said.

He even personally handed me my Hogwarts acceptance letter when I turned eleven.  But, it wasn't until the evening before the beginning of the school year that he told me about Harry.  He said he wanted to give me something to be excited for school about because I was extremely nervous and dreading the thought.

And it did.

Dumbledore was the father I never had.  He was there for Harry and I after Sirius died.  He was there for us so many years ago, back when we had no clue that our lives had changed forever. 

And now, he was gone.  And all because of that backstabbing git named Severus Snape.

But, all throughout the ceremony, I didn't cry.  Not one bit.  Not one bloody tear fell from my eyes.  I think that's what he would've wanted.  He would've wanted us to be strong and to not cry for him, because wherever he was at, it was better than being in this dimension.  Where Lord Voldemort was.

I gripped Ginny's hand tighter as I watched Professor McGonagall and all the other staff and students weep.  But, I, I tilted my head up higher, trying to be strong enough for all of us.

I failed miserably.

*~*~*~*

Harry, following right after Dumbledore's funeral, told me about Voldemort's seven horcruxes and how he already destroyed one -- Tom Riddle's diary.

At first, I didn't really get the whole gist of it, but then Harry took me to Dumbledore's memory thingy (I wasn't listening when he was talking about it), and showed me Slughorn's memory.

I watched as the young Tom Riddle stood there and asked Slughorn what a "horcrux" was.  And I scowled at the fact that Slughorn explained to him what they were.  Of course, the professor couldn't possibly know that Tom would become the most powerful wizard/most feared murderer when he grew up, so I didn't blame him.  But I couldn't help and get mad when he didn't do anything about the fact that Tom told him he went into the restricted section of the library.

Look at me!  Calling my parents' killer by his real name, as if he were still a man.  Voldemort wasn't even close to a man.  Sure, he walked on two feet and could speak English, but  he was more like a serpent to me.

And not just because of his appearance.  The fact that it looked like he glided, instead of walked, when he, well, walked.  Almost like he slithered.  And how he was a cold-blooded killer.

As the memory finished, I stepped away.  I was furious at Voldemort.  I was furious at everything and everyone.  At Harry for showing me that memory.  At Draco for being a big douche and walking away from me.  At other people for other things.

So, being the person I am, I ran.  I ran to the only place where I ever get any peace and quiet.  Black Lake.  It's always my destination whenever I feel like crap.

As I sat down on the cool marshy ground, I instantly thought of Sirius's gift.  I don't have any possible clue why that popped into my head.  Maybe it was because I was bummed that I never found it.

I didn't even notice anyone was around until their hand landed on my shoulder.  I looked up, surprisingly not startled, and saw that it was Ginny.  I smiled up at her, though the smile was weak and not full of heart, like the ones I normally give her are.

She sat down next to me and I instantly placed my head on her shoulder.  And before I could stop myself, I began to weep.  I wept about everything that has happened in this past year:

Ron being poisoned.

Katie being cursed.

Draco and my relationship.

Slughorn's memory.

Dumbledore's death.

The fact that whatever Sirius wanted to give me, was out in the world somewhere and I didn't have it.

And Ginny didn't leave me.  She stayed there, patting my back as I unloaded all my held up tears, causing her shoulder to be soaked when I finally became sane again.  Or, as sane as I could get.

"Hayley," Ginny whispered, "Are you done?"  She forced me to look up at her and I nodded slowly.  She smiled soothingly at me and patted my head.

"You know, Ginny," I said with a light grin, "you can go back to the dorms."  I watched as she hesitated then got up and left, giving me a short wave before sprinting back to the castle.

I sat there for a while, just thinking about random things.  But I heard his footsteps a mile away.  The soft rustle of his feet in the tall grass.  I knew that sound.  It was so familiar.  Every night, how many months ago, I used to yearn for that noise.  Now, it's my worst nightmare.

But, I didn't say anything.  I let him start. 

"Hayley."  That was all he whispered.  I felt him come closer and I closed my eyes, taking in the sounds all around us, trying to block him out.  I wasn't in the mood for his mind games.

"What're you doing here?  Do you want me to scream for someone?"  I didn't look at him as I growled this.  I could basically hear him flinch.

And I didn't blame him.  My voice was hoarse and it was so dry, like I had tried to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon [A/N: DO NOT TRY THAT! It sucks... big time.].  I nearly flinched myself.

I had turned into a complete mess lately.  I was screwed up.  And because of everything.  I wasn't used to this kind of stress.  I wasn't used to everything being so jacked up. [I was going to say the f-word, but I won't curse cuz I'm family friendly!]

"I'm hear to apologize," he moaned, as if talking to me was torture.  "I really messed up.  Big time."  He seemed so sincere.  And since my little plan didn't really work out, I decided to tell him the truth.

"I'm not sure I can accept your apology, Draco," I sneered, "but I lied, too.  So I guess we're, at least, semi-even, though you, Malfoy, have a lot more damage to clean up." 

I was finally able to look at him.  But I think that was a huge mistake.

His normally striking silver eyes were now a dull gray.  The dark circles under his eyes were more prominent than ever before.  His hair was all messed up, not slicked back like usual.  And he had a pained expression on his face, like it pained him to look at me.

I instantly felt sorry for him.  But, once I shaked that feeling off, I came right out with it. 

"There is no baby, Draco," I sighed.  "I messed with you like you messed with me."

He pained expression vanished as I said that and it was replaced with anger.  "What?!" he asked in a fury.  'What the bloody he--"

"Don't start giving me crap, Malfoy!" I exclaimed, cutting him off.  "I'm not in the mood!"  I stood up and started walking away, but he grabbed my arm, not letting me go by no means.

"No, Potter," he growled, "You're not walking away that easy."  He pulled me closer to him and all of a sudden, crashed his lips to mine.

His teeth smashed into mine and I felt a sharp pain in my lip.  I tasted blood as I tried my hardest to push him away.  But it was no use.  He was too strong for me now.  I cursed myself for not taking up those lessons for Tae-Kwon-Do that were available to me at the orphanage.

Finally, I "gave in," hoping he would feel this and loosen his grip ever so slightly that I could slip out of it.  And it worked!  Do I know my enemies, or what?

I slipped away from him and looked at him.  Draco had an expression that was unmistakebly a look of pure terror and horror.  I felt something warm trickle down my chin.  I sniffed the air and was instantly rewarded with the strong smell of iron.  It was, obviously, the scent of blood.  My blood.

"Hayley, I..." he began, but trailed off, unable to finish.  His eyes were full of pain and sorrow and regret and, just like that, I forgave him.  I don't know why, but I did.

I wiped the blood and while he stood there frozen, I slowly stepped forward, not breaking his gaze.  I stood on my tiptoes and lightly pressed my lip to his cheek, leaving a lip print in blood.  It glowed so brightly on his pale skin. 

When I looked up at his face again, he had the smallest smile on his face.  The end of Draco's lips were turned upward only a smidge, but I noticed and gave him a lopsided grin back.

We stood there, staring at each other for a few more minutes before I looked over and saw the sun setting.  Draco noticed, too, and before I knew it, he was gone, leaving only a small sensation on my lips to tell me that he was even here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

501 34 34
Lilian Evans has questions that no one gives her answers too. Trying to live her life to the best of her abilities is proving to be hard when those s...
654K 13.3K 64
It was the boy she grew up to hate more than anything, until she found herself slowly falling for his bruised soul and haunted mind. "I just hate mys...
284K 10.3K 41
five hours locked with Draco Malfoy, what could go wrong? cover by my beloved @drachoemalfoysgirl #4 in fanfiction None of the original characters i...
76.7K 3.1K 30
Harry Potter has an affair with Draco Malfoy while he's dating Ginny Weasley. Blood boils and people change. {6th year Harry Potter} DISCLAIMER: I do...