Ch. 14 ~ The Actual Truth

A/N: No need to fear, my furry friends!!!  Well, actually, I sincerely hope you're not furry...  Anyhoo, CHAPTER 14 IS HERE!!! Sorry for the wait, but that last chappie wasn't the end.  Believe me, you'd know.  But yeah.  Just don't forget to check out my other fan fictions!  And fan and vote and comment and all the schtuff!!!

~Aleia :)

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Is she alive?" a deep voice grumbled.  I felt someone poke my cheek at the same time.  "That's be fine by me if she was.  But, then again, I don't want a dead body on my hands.

"I'm not dead you bloody idiot!" I wanted to scream, but no matter how much I tried, I couldn't do anything.  It was as if I was frozen. . .  Damn.  I know what's going on now.

"Are you that thick?!" another voice exclaimed.  "Snape totally got her, he did!  Completely froze her.  And luckily, too.  Who knows what she would've done to Draco."  I hear the person shudder and sigh.  Then, they went back to insulting Person Number 1.  "Gosh, you're stupid!  Just like Draco said!"

Person Number 1 automatically tried to defend themself.  "I know, I was just wondering if maybe, in the process of freezing her, Professor Snape accidentally killed her.  And Draco would never say that!  He's my friend!"

I snorted slong with Person 2.  Yeah, right, I thought, Malfoy has the emotional range of a teaspoon.  It explains why he's such a git to everyone.  Especially me.

One voice, the first voice, was obviously male and the second one was obviously female.  And I had a feeling I knew who they were.

Crabbe and Pansy.

Ugh.  Malfoy and his puerile companions.  Completely immature.  It makes me sick.  But, it's quite hilarious to listen to them quarrel.

They went at it for another five minutes before I heard a door open and someone step into the room.  I heard the flick of a wand and all of a sudden, the pressure that was keeping me from doing anything was lifted off me.

I gasped for breath as if I had just come out of the water.  I glanced around the room.  The DADA room.  And inside it were Crabbe, Parkinson, Snape, and I.  Well, there was a person in a corner of the room, but I couldn't see who it was.

"Miss Potter," Snape said in his usual monotone voice, "may I ask what you were about to do to Draco before I stopped you?"

"Well, you already did, Professor," I said back, sarcasm dripping from my voice.  I looked over at Pansy, who made an ugly face at me.

"You know," I said to Pansy, "If you keep an ugly look on your face for an hour, your face will stay like that?"  I paused for a millisecond.  "Oops, too late!"  And while she stared at me in disgust, I smirked in defiance.

I turned my gaze over at Crabbe.  He, in return, gulped and backed out of the room.  Apparently I was a little too scary for some people.

Snape looked at me in an exact replica of Pansy's.  They were so obviously disgusted at me, it was laughable.

As I chuckled, I saw the figure in the corner stand up (they had been crounching before) and walk out of the shadows.  I wasn't shocked to see Malfoy there, so I didn't stop laughing.

But (this was a surprise), Malfoy smiled at this.  "You know," he whispered, "I haven't heard you really laugh for a few months.  I'd forgotten how beautiful it was."

I rolled my eyes with Parkinson and Snape, who were leaving the room, apparently not interested in our little "moment".

"Why don't you save your corny lines for someone who'll actually believe them," I sneered at Malfoy.  "'Cause that girl's not me anymore."

This time, Malfoy laughed.  "I know," he chuckled, "But what I speak of is the truth, Hayley."  He had suddenly turned serious.  Though it didn't last long as he beamed from ear to ear.

"Nice try, Malfoy," I growled, "but we're back to last names and insults only. . . ferret."  I grinned at the last part.  Malfoy's disappeared and was replaced by a look of anger.

"Ha ha, very funny, little Potter," he snarled back.  "And, I'd most certainly like to insult you, too, princess, but I just can't find it in me."

I winced at the word princess, in which he took notice.  "Yeah, I think I'd much rather you call me little Potter than princess, Malfoy."

"Fine."  Malfoy sounded like an upset five-year-old.  "Hey, little Potter, where's mum?  Is she dead?"  He broke off with a huge load of evil laughter.

Not this time, I thought.  "Where's dad, little Malfoy?  Is he in prison?  Yeah, I think he is."  This time, I really struck a nerve.

Malfoy charged at me and shoved his wand against my neck.  "Don't think, for a moment," he sniffed angrily, "that, even though I love you, I wouldn't kill you."

I laughed in his face.  "Yeah right, Malfoy!" I exclaimed.  "That doesn't even make one bloody bit of sense!"

 He chuckled darkly.  "Doesn't have to, babe."  He sighed and dropped his arm.  I winced as he touched the area his wand nearly broke skin.  "It's okay, Hay.  It's okay."

Malfoy started bending down and pretty soon his lips were touching the cut.  But they weren't there for more than a milisecond as Malfoy was doubling over in pain, clutching his stomach where I punched him. 

"When I say, 'Don't touch me,' it means, Don't touch me!" I snarled while watching him writhe and moan in pain.  Then I laughed and started to walk out, but him saying something stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Going off to tell big Potter the news that your first is a Death Eater!?"

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This one is short and sweet.  One question.  Do you guys like the author's notes? I mean, I try and make them witty and sarcastic and chiz like that, but do you guys enjoy reading them?  Comment below and tell me!!!

Yours Truly,

Aleia :)