The Vampire King

By miss__imperfection_

Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire r... More

1. The Prophecy
2. Captured.
3. Ten Years.
6. Vampires
7. Fear
8. Just A Beginning
9. More Enemies.
10. He Cares. He Cares Not.
11 . The Dream
12. The Devil's Sweet Sister
13. Shopping With Who?
14. Shopping With His Majesty.
15. Crybaby
16. What?
17. Rain, Rain, Go Away.
18. An Emotion So Unknown.
19. Mysteries.
20. Vulnerable.
20. Vulnerable (pt 2)
21. So Close Yet So Far.
22. On My Mind.
23. What I See.
24. Royal Ball.
25. Unexpected.
26. I Hate You.
27. Vampire Hunters
28. Surprise, Surprise.
28. Surprise, Surprise. (Pt. 2)
29. The Choice Is Yours.
30. Confusion.
31. Past. (part 1)
31. Past (part 2)
32. Invisible.
33. Mates.
34. The Locked Room.
35. More Mysteries.
36. Preparations.
37. A Night To Remember.
37. A Night To Remember. (Pt 2)
38. Day And Night.
39. Feel Again.
40. Why Does It Hurt?
41. Answers.
42. One Last Time.
Author's Important Message
Published on Kindle

17. Rain, Rain, Go Away. Part 2

180K 8.3K 926
By miss__imperfection_

My feet splashed yet another puddle of water as the King and I continued moving forward.

I was starting to feel tired, like my legs would collapse any time now. We had gone off the road because the King said we had to walk through the forest for a bit to get to the village. He was like a walking map, knowing where to turn and go. Of course he knows every single detail about this place, he's the King.

A clearing came into my sight, and from behind a huge tree, appeared a small cottage. It looked abandoned from the looks of it.

Crispy leaves sprawled around the cottage made it impossible for me to see the ground. Wind blew them away, while replacing them with the new fallen ones. The musty November air gave the place a haunting feeling.

There was a huge lock on the main door of the house, but all I wanted to do was rest my muscles for some time. I was relieved to see that the stairs that led to the house were dry because of the roof which made it impossible for the rain to reach them.
"Can we rest here for a minute?" I practically begged the King.

Muttering something about humans being a weakling, he nodded anyway.

I found my way through the brownish yellow leaves, my shoes crunching them with their weight. Sitting down onto the stairs, I pulled the King's jacket closer to me and crossed my arms.

I was busy trying to keep my body warm that I didn't notice when the King took his shirt off.

His white shirt was now hanging loosely on his shoulder, as a striking thunder roared once again. This time he didn't just let out another cuss, but also jumped as if surprised. He then moved so quick that my eyes couldn't see the movement. One second he was standing infront of me, then the next, his body was against the cottage wall. With his wide eyes, he looked up at at the sky. There was a strange and an unfamiliar fear in his eyes.

I sat there, every limb in my body unmoving due to the shock that consumed me. I've never seen the King like this before.

He closed his eyes, his hands took a hold of his hair in a fist. Shoulders slumped, his body slowly slid against the rough wall, and rested itself on the cold floor.

There he sat, the King of the Vampire world, the one who kills without mercy, drowning in his own miseries, repeating the words, "It's not happening, it's not real" over and over again.

And me? I just sat there debating on what to do.

I finally got the courage to walk over to him and slowly slid down onto my knees so I was at level with his frame. His eyes were shut tightly, trying to block out an invisible sight. His frown deepened every passing second. His elbows rested on his knees as he sat upright against the wall.

I reached out my hand to touch his arm, or touch his shoulder, anything to ask him what's wrong. Why was he acting so strange. If I thought his angry expressions were scary, I had no idea. His state, right here infront of me, so helpless and so clueless, was the scariest thing ever.

My hand stopped an inch away from his forearm. What if he gets mad if I touch him?

"Are you alright?"

Hearing my voice, his eyes shot up. The pain was still written on his face but now there was a slight hunger hidden in his eyes.

"Stay away from me." He hissed through his teeth as if he had to force the words out of his mouth.

"What happened? Why were you acting like that? Are you afraid of thunderstorms?" My voice was soft as I thought raising it would make him angry.

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME! WHY DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN?"

In a blink, he was standing on his feet once again. I stood up too and took a couple steps back.

He looked different than he did just a few moments ago.

Gone was the fear, replaced by something much more powerful, in his eyes. The midnight black color of his eyes shifted to a bright golden.

"Damien" you could clearly hear my desperation as I said his name. I didn't know what was happening but the King was definitely not himself at the moment.

What happened next was a blur, but somehow I ended up being trapped between the cold and wet cottage wall and his warm body.

His face was less than an inch away from mine, his left cheek making a slight contact with my left one. His skin was surprisingly smooth, telling me he must have shaved recently.

But that still didn't mean I wanted him this close to me.

I pressed myself further into the wall to the point where it started hurting. But that didn't seem to effect anything, as the King just continued decreasing the distance between us just like I continued increasing it.

"Let me go, please," I quietly let out.

"You should never beg me, Lexi. It just increases the thirst for blood a Vampire has. God, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do this. To see if that delicious smelling blood of yours tastes just as sweet. I can't wait to find out."

Even though those words were coming out of the King's mouth, it seemed like a whole different person was speaking.

"Let me go," I said, this time with more determination in my eyes.

He still didn't listen to me. His hands on my shoulders reminded me of that drunk man who was all over me just a few hours ago. It felt like deja vu.

The King had saved me from that man, but what was the point when he was going to do the same thing to me. Was that the reason he saved me? So only he can drink my blood, to make his thirst vanish?

I pushed him with a harder force but he still didn't budge. I started panicking as he moved his mouth closer to my neck.

"You're so tempting, Lex." it was barely a wisper but I caught it.

A tear escaped my eye, "Please don't."

It was no use. As his face was close to my neck, I thought would there be anyone saving me this time?

Would I get lucky again?

The chances seemed really slim, since we were far away from any source of life. I doubt there would be anyone wandering the forest at this time.

The king kissed a spot on my neck, sending waves of pleasure down my spine. Millions of little butterflies flew around in my stomach from that small of a gesture.

Then as if he was already really impatient, he pushed his body against mine so I wouldn't have any chances of escaping.

Without any warning, he opened his mouth and bit down hard onto a small part of my neck.

I felt the two pointy sharp teeth pierce through my sensitive skin. Pain shot through my neck, spreading itself to every cell in my body. To the point where not only my neck, but my whole body was feeling like it was on fire.

I couldn't hold back the loud scream that escaped my mouth, which could slice though the thick humid atmosphere I was surrounded with.

The pain seemed to be increasing with every passing moment. The king kept drinking my blood, fulfilling his thirst, but leaving behind my body to feel the aftermath.

I tried to tell him to stop before I pass out, before I lose too much blood, but he kept going since I could not muster a single sound.

The pain became too much, my throat dried out from all the screaming.

So when the darkness embraced me, I welcomed it with open arms.

_____________________________________

********************************

-J.S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 5.2K 37
Unknown to the average human world, there is a place where every supernatural being that fuels nightmares resides. Shielded completely from prying ey...
2.8K 382 56
~The Elves lost their Magic. The Princess is a Dragon. The Halfling is a Shifter. And Witches rule the Realm.~ Liss' clan lives in a world of seclusi...
463K 11K 26
This story takes place in medieval times, a cold-hearted ruthless king is obsessed over a young girl. The ruthless king captured the girl and brought...
172K 9.4K 51
Don't get frostbitten while reading this dark, gripping, passionate retelling of Snow White. Icelyn, the princess of the Winter Realm, is being used...