Damaged Hearts EDITING

By GhostlyShadows

"Ace...you need to let it go. I knew you were hiding something from me. When your happy, I can still see a lo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Last Chapter

Chapter 13

4.9K 160 47
By GhostlyShadows

Ace's P.O.V

I'm so nervous. School starts in an hour. I've got my purple tie on and the purple box with the ring in it, in my pocket. I would have no time to change. I have to go to school, work as usual then help set up before quickly picking Krystal up and driving us back to school.

“Hey babe. Are you feeling well? You're a little pale” Krystal says as she places her hand on my forehead.

Oh if she only knew what I was planning on doing tonight. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of making her mine, officially. With our little family slowly forming. Obviously I couldn't marry her until next year since, if I marry her now, I will have to redo the adoption and place her name down too.

“Yeah, I'm fine baby. I love you okay? Lilly should be here soon to help do your nails and things” I say.

She rolls her eyes but I could see the excitement clear in her eyes. She also seemed hurt. I smirked.

“Hey baby?” I call.

She looks up at me with a smile. I kiss her lips lovingly.

“Happy eighteenth. I've got something huge planned for you. I've also got you something else. It's on our bed waiting for you” I whisper.

She bit her lip to keep in her smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a hug.

“I love you” She whispers.

I smile and kiss her lips three short times in a row.

“I love you too sweetie. I would never forget your birthday” I say.

Smirking because I knew that's what she thought. She blushed and smiled.

“I need to get to work now. I love you baby. I think Jesse and Brax are coming over as well to keep you company” I say.

She smiles and hugs me softly.

“I think what they would do more then anything is annoy me then have sex” She says.

I chuckle at her comment. Knowing it's true.

“I think your right. I'll text you during the day” I say. She smiles.

“Sounds like a plan to me” She says. I laugh.

“You're so cute” I mumble as I push hair away from her face. She smiles.

“I know. You never let me forget” She says.

I laugh and nod my head while smiling. I then move my hand down to her stomach and kneel down. Lifting her top up and kissing her stomach before standing up again.

“I'll see you tonight” I say before kissing her lips once more.

Once I arrived at school, I was greeted by my now, two best mates...which is odd since one of them slept with my girlfriend. Greyson and Jason were both smiling. They both knew about my plans for the night.

“Hey man. You nervous cos you look like shit” Jason says.

I playfully scowl at him before chuckling.

“I'm shit scared but I'm excited too. I'm almost completely certain she'll say yes” I say smiling proudly.

“So how's this gonna happen? Like I know what's going to happen but at what time?” Greyson asks.

“When the second slow dance comes on. They're doing slow dance, non slow dance, then slow dance. So, about half an hour after the night starts. So seven pm” I say.

They both smile and nod.

“Well good luck man” Greyson says before hugging me.

I hug him back and smile.

“Thanks Greyson” I say.

“No worries man” He says.

“Yeah good luck” Jason says, giving me a quick man hug.

We all went to our homerooms to start the day. I saw Pete and Rihanna making out in the hall and was forced to say something. They said sorry then about five minutes later I found them doing the same thing. I'm just hoping he hasn't taken her virginity yet. They are way too young.

“Sir, I don't understand...How does that work. I mean they obviously saw that people lived on Australia! So how can they call it terra nullis or what ever it's called. It's not an uninhabited place!” A girl in my year ten class whined.

Normally I would be ready to pull my hair out since I've explained it to her five times. But today I just chuckled.

“Okay, so it's like when teachers asks a question and only one person put there hand up but the teacher pretends they don't see that person's hand. It's turning the blind eye” I state.

She nods her head in understanding.

“See, if you said they were turning a blind eye from the start we wouldn't have waisted so much time” She says smirking.

I roll my eyes at her but laugh. Greyson's adopted sister is the girl who's been whining.

“Stop your whining Lucy” I say.

She glares playfully at me before huffing.

“Just because you're best friends with my brother doesn't mean you can say that” She says.

“Yes it does!” Greyson says from the door.

I laugh as he grins and Lucy huffs, mumbling 'Jerks'.

“Could I please get my little sister for a sec?” Greyson asks.

I shrug and nod. He smiles and Lucy walks to him.

“Anyway, you guys have to do all ten questions on page 332” I state.

They all groan causing me to sigh.

“You guys are worse then my year seven class” I mumble.

Soon the bell goes off and I wait patiently for Recess to end so I can get the day over and done with. I spent recess in my homeroom with Jason and Greyson. I was happy because Greyson was still bringing me in chicken sandwiches.

“I think I'm in love with this sandwich” I moan.

Both men look at me like I'm crazy before laughing.

“Having problems with eating meat at home?” Jason asks.

I nod my head. Jason knows Krystal's pregnant. Krystal let it slip out when talking to Jesse and Brax so she said I should tell Jason.

“She's banned all meat in the house because she doesn't want the temptation. Those babies have my genes. They are made for eating meat” I say.

They both chuckle a little before giving me confused stares.

“Babies?” Jason asks.

“As in plural?” Greyson adds.

I nod my head smiling proudly.

“Men, I will be a proud father of two babies and a four year old” I say smiling.

“How does that work?” Jason asks.

“Well, I'm adopting Thomas as you know. And Krystal's pregnant with twins. We wanted to know the sex but didn't at the same time so we asked to know the sex of just one. I know that I will have my little Thomas and another little boy. Maybe three boys, maybe two boys and a baby girl” I say smiling. Jason nods his head.

“All you two have to do is hurry up and get your fiancé's pregnant so our boys can grow up as best mates” I say.

They both laugh and shake their head.

“Holly can't have kids. We found out a month ago. We're trying to adopt a little boy from Egypt” Jason says.

I nod in understanding while giving a small sad smile.

“Sorry to hear” I say.

Jason shrugs with a smile.

“We're thinking of trying to find someone to carry our child. It's just that Holly can't carry a child. The risk of her dying if she does try is far to great” Jason says. I nod my head in understanding.

“I'll be back in a second guys” Greyson says before leaving the room.

I wonder what that was all about. After fifteen minutes Greyson came back in with a smile.

“Jason. If you still want to have a child as well as adopting your little Egyptian boy. Lydia and I are up for helping you. Lydia is more then willing to carry your guys child” Greyson says.

I stared wide eyed at Greyson. I knew they themselves want a child but don't think they're just quite ready.

“Are you sure?” Jason asks.

Greyson nods his head smiling. Jason gets up and hugs Greyson.

“I don't know what to say” Jason says once seated again.

“I think you should still ask Holly. I mean this is her child as much as it is yours and she doesn't know me all to well or Lydia” Greyson says. Jason nods in agreement.

“Well, That was a bloody miracle if I ever did see one” I say.

Both boys laugh at me. I wasn't joking though.

Soon recess was over and I was in period four. Waiting for lunch.

I miss you! How's the preparation going?:P – Ace

I miss you too. It's going good, but right now Jesse's trying to steal my phone xx

I laugh and shake my head. I look up to see the class looking at me as though I'd gone mental. I sigh.

“I'm not laughing to myself I'm texting my girlfriend” I say rolling my eyes.

People in my class start wolf whistling.

Stick in there trooper xx Get Lilly to kick his ass for me :P I love you hunny bun – Ace

Haha She already did xx I love you too T-Bear xx

I smile at the nick name. She hasn't used that since the first year we met.

I haven't heard that nickname in a while :P xx kind of missed it – Ace

Haha Yeah, I've missed it too xx I loved calling you that. <3

Why'd you stop? xx – Ace

In a way I was trying to put a wedge between us so I wouldn't fall for you anymore then I had. But you kept up your nickname for me so me not using the nickname didn't work xx

Was she really that afraid and hesitant to be with me?

Were you really that hesitant about being with me? - Ace

No! I just thought you'd never love me so I didn't want to get my heart crushed xx I love you. Every day I would day dream of you telling me you were in love with me. Don't think I was hesitant. I wasn't xx

Good. Because I love you and I'm not letting you go xx – Ace

I love you too xx

I love you more xx – Ace

STOP TEXTING HER WE NEED TO DO HER MAKE UP OMG – Lilly

I laugh at the text before putting my phone away. Just as I did the bell went.

“Have a great day guys” I yell as my class leaves.

Soon Greyson and Jason walk back into my homeroom like they had at lunch.

“Getting closer to your due time” Greyson teases.

“Greyson I'm already nervous. I don't need you adding to my nerves” I say.

For the last hour I had been jittery and couldn't sit still. Greyson laughs.

“You'll do fine okay?” Jason says.

I smile and nod my head while nervously rubbing my hands together.

“What if she says no?” I ask nervously.

“Dude, she said yes to trying for children, she said yes to moving in with you. She is pregnant with your kids. She will say yes” Greyson says.

“I hope so. I can't live without her” I say.

I hate being vulnerable. Greyson knew this and gave me a pat on the back.

“You know, you're only nervous because you'll be in a vulnerable state in front of other people” Greyson points out.

I roll my eyes at him and give him a flat stare.

“No shit. I already figured that out” I say.

Greyson laughs before sitting down and eating his lunch.

“I honestly don't know how I got so lucky with her” I say.

“Easy, you were there for her when she needed a friend. You never left her side no matter what happened. You never yelled or screamed or hit her. You wouldn't ask questions she wasn't comfortable with” Greyson says.

I laugh at him slightly.

“That didn't require an answer Greyson” I say.

He laughs and shrugs his shoulders.

“I know but I thought I'd go ahead and answer it anyway” He says smirking.

I roll my eyes before taking a bite out of my apple. I felt my phone go off in my pocket. I picked it up and answered it, putting it on loud speaker.

“Hey baby” I say.

“Hey, just wanted to see how you are” She says. I smile.

“I'm good. You're on loud speaker so Jason and Greyson can hear you” I point out.

“Okay. Well, I've locked myself in our bathroom to get away from those people I call friends” She says.

I chuckle slightly while smiling.

“Starting to drive you mad are they?” I ask.

“Heck yes. The minute they arrived! All they've been doing is arguing amongst themselves” She says exasperated.

Greyson and Jason let out a chuckle each while I held mine in.

“I miss you Ace” Krystal sighs down the phone sadly.

I had a small smile playing on my lips.

“I miss you too baby girl” I say back.

“They're tapping on the door. I need to go. I love you” She says rushed. I smile.

“I love you too Angel” I say smiling.

Once I ended the call I looked to Greyson and Jason who were smirking.

“I swear you are more whipped then I am with Lydia” Greyson says.

“I'd rather be head over heals in love with Krystal and have her by my side then not” I say.

“WHIPPED” Jason yells.

I playfully glare at him before sighing and shaking my head while chuckling.

“You're so annoying” I mumble.

He laughs and nods his head.

“I know. But yet you know you secretly love me” He says winking.

I fake gag then laugh at his pout.

“Gay suits you” I say.

“I know. I could pass off as gay. I take great pride in that” He says smiling.

“Ace, you gonna eat?” Greyson asks as Jason and him eat.

I shake my head and give a small smile. I'm way to nervous to eat.

“Your loss” Jason says shrugging.

“I'm so nervous. I still have hours to go but I'm nervous” I say.

Greyson's eyes soften as he gives me a small smile.

“You'll do fine. I promise” He says.

I bite my lip and nod before fiddling with my fingers.

Soon the bell went and I started my period five class. I had to substitute a year ten Sport class. I walked to the Gym, where the class was waiting. I smiled as I saw Lucy. She just scowled.

“Why are you so upset to see me?” I ask while ruffling her hair.

“I hate you. All you do is take Greyson from me when he's suppose to be looking after me. He cares more about you then he does about me” She huffs angrily with tears threatening.

My heart tore for her. I guess I do take him from her a lot.

“Class do some laps around the courts. You Lucy follow me” I say.

The class groans but get on their way. I walk to the sport supply room with Lucy in toe.

“Lucy. I'm sorry. I've never meant to take him from you. You've been with his foster family for four years. Lucy, Greyson practically saved my life. I was like you, an orphan. I was never adopted though. Greyson watched me like he were my brother since I was twelve” I say softly.

Trying to get across to her.

“But you don't understand! When Greyson left when he got engaged, Jake started to beat me” She whispered.

I watched as her tears form. I took her in my arms and hugged her to my chest. Jake is her adopted brother. He's an ass hole. He's seventeen. A year older then herself. I sighed and kissed her hair.

“You know, you don't just have Greyson. You have me too” I whisper.

“Please don't tell Greyson. He'll tell Frank and Barbra. I don't want to move again” She whispers.

I could hear just how terrified she sounded.

“Okay. But don't think you have to go through this alone. If anything happens you can come to my house or Greyson's okay?” I whisper.

She nods into my chest. Soon after we pull away and I grab the basketball's.

“It says in the notes your teacher left that you've started basketball? I want you all to divide into two even teams. We'll play a little game” I say to the class as they catch their breaths from the run.

“Why? We're already tired. You were gone for ten minutes, that's like fourteen laps around the damn court” A guy whined.

“Because I said so. No arguments. Ten minutes and fourteen laps is nothing” I say.

The guy huffs and stands up straight.

“Then why don't you do the laps while we play the game?” He challenges.

I smirk and nod my head.

“Sure. Just let me take my blazer, tie and top off, I don't want to get it dirty. I have a big night tonight” I say smirking.

He rolls his eyes and nods his head. I quickly pull off the top half of my clothing. The only thing I didn't like about this was that people could see all the scars my body had to show. Plus they could see my tattoo on my chest. Which said 'It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves' a shakespeare quote.

“Sir, what's that tattoo?” A girl asked.

“It's a Shakespeare quote which holds great meaning in my life, now I must do my runs. Someone time me. We have another half hour to the lesson so I'll stop five minutes before the bell” I say.

I watch as the boy grumbles as he knows I will win this once he saw my body. Not to be conceited but I have a great body. A girl who wasn't participating started to time me and I was off while the teams played. I didn't mind. I needed a run. I was getting to wrapped up in my own thoughts about tonight. I needed the release.

I soon hear someone call out to me, saying my time was up...I wasn't even sweating. I stopped and walked over to them. They were all looking at me oddly.

“What?” I ask.

“We've been calling your name for five minutes straight. The bell just went” Lucy says.

I give a sheepish smile and rub my neck.

“Why are you so out of it?” The same boy who challenged me asked.

“Can you guys keep a secret?” I ask.

I knew they couldn't but I also knew there was no way this could get to Krystal either.

“Yeah” They lie.

“I'm planning on proposing tonight” I say while blushing and smiling.

“Hope it works out bro” The same boy says.

I laugh and smile before nodding.

“So do I” I say.

The class laughs a little. I see Lucy smiling.

“You can all go” I say.

They all start to leave but Lucy.

“You need deodorant” She states.

I chuckle and shake my head.

“Thank you captain obvious” I say.

“I have men's lynx if you want to use it” She offers.

I give her a confused stare.

“Why do you have men's deodorant?” I ask.

She laughs as though the answer were obvious.

“I'm a tomboy...Why do you think genius?” She asks smirking.

I roll my eyes before taking the Lynx from her and spraying my body with it then putting my top, blazer and tie back on.

“So, do you have a boyfriend miss Lucy?” I ask.

She blushes and shakes her head. I smile.

“You like someone though, don't you?” I ask her.

She gives a small smile and nods.

“Do I know who they are?” I ask.

“Maybe” She says.

“Come on! I promise I wont tell anyone” I say smiling.

“It's silly. He's out of bounds” She mumbles.

What does she mean by that?

“Elaborate young Lady” I say.

“He's your age” She says in a sigh.

“Aren't you only sixteen though?” I ask.

She shakes her head while glaring.

“I turned seventeen last week you twat!” She yelled.

I laughed as her English accent came through. Lucy faked an Australian accent when she's originally from London.

“You should speak in that accent more often” I say smirking.

She glares playfully at me.

“Who is he?” I ask.

She sighs and blushes while looking down.

“Someone who doesn't and wont ever feel the same way” She mumbles before leaving.

Poor girl seems so upset about this. I wish I could comfort her but I can't until she tells me who it is she likes. I walk to my period six class with a smile plastered onto my face.

“After noon Class” I say cheerily.

“Afternoon” They mumbled.

I chuckled at their lack of effort.

“It's period six, on a friday. I thought I'd be nice today and let you guys watch the movie Australia. We wont watch all of it. It's just to give you an idea of Aboriginal rights” I say.

I put the movie on and walk to the back of the class after turning the lights off.

I love you baby girl – Ace

I love you too my random boyfriend :P xx

I chuckle slightly.

Don't you mean romantic boyfriend? xx – Ace

Yes of course I meant that xx

I laugh a little. Then go wide eyed when shushed by one of my students.

“Sorry” I whisper. The rest of the class chuckles lightly.

I just got shushed by my student for laughing at your text xx – Ace

Haha Poor baby. -Kisses your cheek- xx – Ace

-Kisses you back and wraps my arms around you- I know, life's so cruel haha xx – Ace

-Giggles- Definitely :) xx

You excited baby girl? xx – Ace

Yeah, I am. Thanks for my present by the way. It's absolutely stunning. I'll be wearing it tonight xx

I smile. I had bought her a golden heart locket with a photo of her and I on one side when we were friends and another where she's on my lap kissing me on the other side.

I'm glad you like it baby girl xx – Ace

I love it xx

I love you honey, I need to go though xx – Ace

Okay. I love you too T-bear xx <3

I smile at the nickname. I always loved that nickname. I was secretly devastated when she stopped using it. I understand why she did though. I mean we became really close friends extremely fast. I was always very passionate and forward about my feelings too. She would have been scared.

Soon the movie was done and I was getting ready for home room. Pete kept smirking. He knew what was going to happen tonight. Soon Admin finished and I was headed to the dance venue to help set up.

“You nervous?” Jason asked.

I nodded my head, not allowing myself to speak.

“You look pale” Greyson says.

“I feel like I'll be sick any moment” I whisper.

“We only had an hour and a half before it starts and only and hour before I make my way home to pick Krystal up” I say.

They both nod their heads in understanding.

“We've both been there” Greyson says. I nod.

“I'm gonna go get some fresh air” I say.

They nod and let me leave without following. I walked down the corridor and stopped when I heard a moan like noise. I walked to a classroom and opened the door to find Lucy and Mr Knight making out. I couldn't help but laugh, which made them spring apart.

“This is the man you have a crush on?” I ask Lucy.

She blushes and playfully glares at me. Mr Knight smiles then turns to me.

“She told you that did she?” He asked.

I chuckled and nodded. He smirked.

“Don't let me stop you. I'm just trying to build my courage up” I say the last part more to myself.

“Why?” Mr Knight asks.

“Popping the question tonight” I say.

Mr Knight didn't seem upset as much as he was earlier. I guess he's falling for Lucy. I smirk at my evil thoughts before pulling out a condom and throwing it at him.

“Be smart and use protection” I say.

I laugh as they both blush before walking out of the classroom. Closing the door once more and walking to the front doors.

“Are you Ace Tanner?” A heard a young boy ask. I nod my head.

“Yeah, who are you?” I ask kindly.

He seemed to by around fifteen.

“No one” He says with a smile before walking away. Weird.

“Ace, you'll be fine. You need to go, it's six” Greyson says.

I take a deep breath and nod before walking to my car and driving home. I unlocked the front door to our home.

“Baby, you ready?” I call out.

“Coming” She calls.

Soon she walks down the stairs with Lilly, Jesse, and Brax behind her. She looked absolutely stunning. Her dress was absolutely mind blowing. I smile as she walks down the steps.

“You look beautiful babygirl” I whisper before pecking her lips.

She smiles and blushes before taking my hand in hers.

“Even with my big belly?” She asks.

I chuckle and place my hand over her stomach which wasn't as big as she makes it out to be.

“Yes. Babies and all” I say.

We soon walk down to my car. We drive in silence with Brax and Jesse in the back. Once parked, I helped Krystal our of the car. This would be the first time her year level or...old year level would see us as a couple. Ironically the night I propose. I do my rounds while everyone is eating before sitting down with Krystal. She smiles up at me.

“Let's dance” I say as the first slow song comes on.

She shakes her head. I pout which makes her sigh and take my hand. I grin and guide her to the dance floor. I pull her closer to me as the music drones on.

“God you're beautiful” I say.

She giggles before kissing my cheek.

“You're very quiet” I say.

“I just want to remember this moment, here with you. It seems so beautiful” She whispers dreamily.

I chuckle. If she thinks its beautiful now then she'll think it's magical when I propose.

Soon the fast song comes on and I guide her back to our seats. Soon the second slow dance came on. Show time. I took Krystal's hand without a word and looked at the time on the clock. Three seconds to go. We were in the middle of the dance floor. Once it hit seven there was a spot light on us two and the music faded to a small background noise.

“What's going on?” Krystal asks confused.

“Baby, you know I love you and our growing family right?” I ask.

She nods her head nervously. I bit my lip while looking at all the watching eyes.

“There's only one thing missing” I say.

She looks at me curiously while tilting her head to the side.

“What is it?” She asks.

I took her left hand in mine and knelt down in front of her. Everyone was gasping.

“A ring on that finger of yours. Krystal, will you do me the honour of granting me your hand in marriage?” I ask nervously as I pull out the box with her ring in it.

I watch as she goes teary eyed. Oh BabyGirl please don't cry.

“Yes. I love you Ace of course I'll marry you” She says happily.

I smile before placing the ring on her finger and picking her up only to spin her around a little. Once I stopped spinning I crashed my lips to hers as everyone clapped. Now I really am the luckiest man on earth. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348 29 10
"I can't tell you." "Why not? Why can't you tell me why I feel something toward you? This is supposed to be wrong, but it feels right. Why are you al...
5.3M 201K 116
The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King." Twenty-two-year-old Anna wonders if she will ever f...
761K 25.5K 42
"Love was always so hard for me.." I looked up at her as my lips parted at what she said. I know we might have disagreements but I didn't expect it t...
1.1K 110 46
"I do. I do believe you." He cuts me off. "I'm sorry for accusing you I just, I don't know. At the time I thought it made sense." "Don't apologise. I...