Burned (Hate at First Flight...

By ehl_kayy_writes

Krystal Sanders has only two thoughts on her mind when she flies to New York for her interview for her dream... More

1. The Lambo Article
2. The Arrogant Adonis Hoot
3. The Cancellation
4. Swearing at Starbucks Gets You Glares
5. Holding a Burger Hostage
6. The Mafia Tour Guide
7. Goodbyes and Surprises
8. Dinner with the Demon Spawn
9. Two Can Play The Blackmail Game
10. Golf with Dylan Rush
11. Winner Takes All
12. Voting for Silence
13. Unexpected Reactions
14. The Extended Bathroom Break
15. Making a Deal with the Demon Spawn
17. Bittersweet Memories
18. Eavesdroppers and Suspicions
19. Reversed Chances
20. Discovering the Golden Ratio
21. Frost-like Atmosphere
22. Qualifications of a Kiss
23. Athena Burns
24. Slowly Understanding Douglas Burns
25. Breaking Down Walls
26. A Little Too Much Closure
27. Douglas Stanley Burns
28. Confusing Cowardice
29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist
30. Alexandra Hunt
31. Crowd Control Duty
32. How to Surf, Burns Style.
33. The Attention Seeking Boy and the Girl with Commitment Issues
34. Finding Out More About the Playboy
35. Hushed Conversations
36. Failed Bravados
37. How to Speak Evan Queens
38. Confessions of a Burger Thief
39. A Ghost of a Smile
40. Surrealism That Leaves One Silent
41. I Fell for the Idiot
42. He's My Century Old Whiskey
43. Memorable Last Words
44. Making Him Faint with An Almost Kiss
45. Falling for the Son of a Diner Owner's Daughter
Epilogue : I'll Always Be Here For You
Bonus Chapter (Douglas' POV)
FROSTED NOW UP!
One-Shot

16. Dylan Rush's Advice

36K 1.5K 213
By ehl_kayy_writes

CHAPTER HAS A LOT OF REFERENCE TO THE FIRST BOOK ENTITLED RUSHED :D

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

DEDICATED TO @UrKindaGurl FOR LEAVING ME AMAZING COMMENTS =D

•••||||•••

As soon as Frances had left with a flurry of 'Thank you very much' and 'Have a great day, Mr Douglas', Douglas had reminded me that it was my turn to hold up my end of the deal. Which resulted in me dressed in a plastic raincoat apparel and giving Prince a bubble bath. He had said that he didn't have anything for me to change into for the task. Prince, of course decided right then to betray our budding friendship from before and didn't stay still, making an escape from the house and sponge I was chasing him after with.

After Prince was primmed, polished and dried, Douglas asked me to make him an afternoon snack. When Will volunteered to help, he said that he shouldn't, instead they should play Desert Storm while Dylan watched. Evan had already left by the time we came. So I had to make guacamole from scratch then grab some chips and cut up some fruits for his Royal ass.

Just when I thought everything was done, Douglas said that his three cars needed to be washed.

Three cars! So again I slipped into the raincoat apparel because he still didn't want to give me a change of clothes and I spent the better half of three hours of my afternoon polishing his three cars because the idiot just couldn't decide which car he liked more and bought it all. But then again, I could've been stuck washing up four cars. Thank God he crashed the Lamborghini.

To add to my suffering the sun decided to sun brighter than ever today while I was out washing the car, and Douglas had told me what soap brand to use, the process of washing, the temperature of the water had to be and how the interior of all three cars was to be wiped down with a custom made shiner that as far as I could tell cost a fortune.

The only good thing that came out of my day was that Dylan had volunteered to drop me off at home because it was near his girlfriend, Alex's apartment. The drive from the Burns mansion was not at all awkward. If anyone made it awkward, it would have been me in the first five minutes because I couldn't believe I was in the car with Dylan Rush, the one star I'd been following since his debut in Kaleidoscope.

Of course my favorite movie was his latest blockbuster, Rushed, where he starred with Alex Hunt, his current girlfriend. There had been rumors that the two couldn't stand each other on set, but those had obviously just been rumors, considering that he went on and on about how he loved her. He even went on to say how he had confessed to her, giving her fifty reasons why he liked her. I sighed in envy as I heard him relate their stories with a whipped expression. Why were all the good guys taken?

"You'll like her," he added as he stopped at a red light. "In the short time I've known you, you remind me of her. Both strong-willed and stubborn."

"I am not stubborn," I argued.

"Just saying that proves that you are," he chuckled as he took off again when the light changed to green.

"Did you always know that you liked her?" I asked after minutes of silence.

He chuckled, surprising me. "No. We actually couldn't stand the sight of one another in the beginning."

"Really? So the rumours were true?"

"Some were, some weren't. She didn't fill my toothpaste with dye and I didn't eat garlic bread right before our kiss scene so she would suffer."

I smiled at the thought of having to kiss someone that stank of garlic breath. "How about you paying her off to quite the movie?"

His expression was remorseful, his fingers tightened around the steering wheel.

Instantly, I knew I had hit a nerve. "I'm sorry. That's personal."

He chuckled it off as he shook his head. "It's nothing really. I just feel bad I tried to do that. It's just that I really thought she was this stalker crazed fan and wanted her out of my life. Turns out she didn't know anything about me at all and thought I was this self-obsessed lunatic."

I nodded, then stopped, confused. "How did she not know who you were?"

He smiled, "I know right. Unbelievable. I thought she was from the dark ages. Turns out she was just avoiding her father, really."

"Her father?"

"Flynn Mathers."

"Oh," I nodded as if I understood everything when I didn't. This was totally out of a novel. Someone should really write a book on their life.

"What changed?"

"I guess she just grew on me really. And I know its quite clichéd, but I loved that I could be myself around her, and not have to live up to any expectation of who Dylan Rush is because she didn't even know who Dylan Rush was other than the arrogant ass that smashed her phone into pieces at the airport."

"Smashed her-" I sighed. "I think you guys have a love story worthy of a novel."

He chilled. "You have no idea."

Five minutes later, Dylan pulled up outside my home.

"Thanks for the ride. I appreciate it," I said as I got out.

He nodded as he surprised me by getting out too. "Don't worry about it."

"I'm gonna head in and take a shower. And I would love to meet Alex. She sounds like a great person."

He nodded. "I'll bring her around to the mansion after her shoot sometime next week."

I nodded, before bidding him goodbye and walked towards the door, a literal skip in my step.

I just got a ride from Dylan Rush. I JUST GOT A RIDE FROM DYLAN RUSH.

My outside state remained normal while I was busy hyperventilating inside.

"Oh and Krystal?" he called out before I climbed onto the first step.

I turned around, facing him. He was still standing by his car, "Yeah?"

"Don't let Douglas get to you. The guy's an ass but he went through some hard times." He offered an encouraging smile. "Not that that excuses anything, but I hope you can be a little understanding towards him. But when he does go overboard, punch him in the gut. That always helps get his mind on straight again."

I nodded despite opting to do the last part the first chance I got. "Thanks again."

He waved me off before he got back into his sports car and drove off.

When Nancy opened the door because I was too tired to search for my keys , I felt like collapsing on the tiled floor in a exhausted heap. My muscles sagged in relief when I collapsed on the comfortable couch instead seconds later.

Despite our little drama the night before, Nancy brought over an ice pack and placed it in my hand. "You look like you got run over by a sixteen wheeler," she said, worry etched on her face as she sat down beside me on the couch.

"Thanks a lot," I groaned as I placed the ice pack against my head, hoping it would relief the migraine that was starting.

"What happened now?"

"I made a deal with the devil," I sighed as the memories of the day flooded in.

"The devil?" She furrowed her brows together, confused. "I thought you went to-" Realization dawned. "Oh, you meant Douglas."

I nodded as I leaned against the couch And closed my eyes.

I could feel Nancy frown at me, her lips thinned together. "That's not very nice, Krys. I'm sure he doesn't deserve it."

Already knowing that we would just get into another fight if I brought it up, I just nodded. "Yes, I guess he doesn't," I replied, thinking of what Dylan had said. Nancy felt something like pity for Douglas, which I didn't understand really. The guy had everything in life he wanted. Why pity him? And what tough things did he go through?

"Good." Her tone told me she had lost the frown and was happy I reflected (which I didn't) on my actions. "Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes."

I nodded, my eyes still closed. The ice didn't relieve the migraine though. The memories of the day had me contemplating why I had begged Douglas to not tell on me to his father. It had after all only led to making my day horrible.

I decided to just fall asleep for the next twenty minutes but the vibration that ran through me from my phone hindered that plan.

Pulling it out from my pocket, it takes a while for my eyes to acclimatize to the brightness of the screen.

Unread message from Lucifer's twin, the screen read.

I debated whether to throw my phone against the wall and go back to my plan of slumber but in the end decided against bit for three reasons. One, I was pissed at Douglas and my phone didn't deserve to die because of it. Two, I was determined to keep my end of the bargain no matter what. Three, something told me he wouldn't let up until I read and replied to him.

Opening up my inbox took more energy than I thought possible as my eyes fought against me to close.

Going to the riding club tomorrow. Wear something comfortable yet presentable.

I should have just thrown my phone against wall, I thought as my migraine intensified.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.3K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...
461K 13.3K 36
Have you ever heard of being hired because you were honest? Well, this is a first! Emma: a proud, sarcastic but honest girl who gets hired because s...
401K 7.5K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...
1.1M 42.8K 42
Vanessa: There's nothing I hate in this world more than I do Aaron Sinclair. Hate is the only word for it. It's not dislike, it's not envy. It's res...