Improvisus (probably not upda...

By melaniepatrick

All teenagers must have a purpose, all magicians must fight, and all prophecies must come true. Like most tee... More

Prologue (Revised)
Chapter 1(Revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (Revised)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Author's Note/The End
Authors note

Chapter 34

138 14 4
By melaniepatrick

I dreamt of Brooke and Brent. Somehow, they always managed to get into my dreams! I was getting annoyed, but it was very helpful too. We could see where they were and know what they'd do next. 

Brooke was in a bathroom and talking to another ghost. It wasn't Mohammad, but he did look familiar. 

"Brooke THEY LEFT!" The ghost yelled. "They escaped from our hold, and they left this town as you came! Ethan, oh he never saw it coming. He's not going to have another chance to get back for a long time. We need powerful ghosts, he's on the bottom of the list to bring back. As for you...if you don't kill Candace and Natalie soon, you'll be with Ethan. They're almost at the Valley of the Kings! Go NOW!" 

"My King, how will I tell Brent this? I suddenly know where to go? That would raise some flags in his head." Brooke said. 

Now I recognized the ghost. He was the ghost from my dream with Mohammad. He was the King of the ghosts. 

"I don't know, but you're smart so you can figure it out. If you don't succeed my queen, then I will be there for backup. This is your last chance, I have been forced into it Brooke. You know that. If you don't kill them, you know it has to be you. There's no way out of it. If we could finally trick that Brent boy, we could use his blood. Then you wouldn't die, my love. Please reveal to me your true form! I have missed seeing you my dear." 

I was laughing to myself. Reveal to me your true form? How cheesy, but I stopped laughing quickly. I saw Brooke's 'true form' and felt scared. Brooke was a ghost. In my other dream when she was wearing a dress and looked pale and ghostly, it hadn't been the light. She was dead. She was a ghost. She was wearing the same dress she had been wearing in my other dream. 

"When you or I kill the girls, then we can be King and Queen together. We can dispose of the Brent boy too. He thinks you love him! Ha! That could never happen! Now go, tell Brent about the ghosts, tell him that if he joins us he will be your King. Hurry, time is running out!" 

"Yes my love. I will see you when we will rule the world! When we use the blood of Candace and Natalie." That didn't sound to pleasing. I like my blood in my body, thank you very much! The King disappeared and Brooke turned into her human form again. She looked the same, just not so pale and she wasn't wearing a dress. Brooke didn't look like a bad ghost though, she wasn't as pale and she didn't look so deadly. The king looked like he would kill anyone in his path, Brooke looked kinder. She looked more like Kendra, but a bit more gloomy. She must've still had a bit of good in her, a very small amount! She was good, but that !was going to change. 

Then she went to see Brent. "Brent! I know where they are!" 

"How did you figure it out?" 

"Um, I used the computer and they went back to the Cairo airport, like where we came from, and then now they're going to the Valley of the Kings. It's only half an hour away from here. We can beat them there and fi-I mean meet them there." 

"Good job Brooke!" Brent hugged her, she didn't look to happy. "But we're starting to run out of money. We have only enough to get us there, not back." 

"Then we can teleport since the mission will be finished." 

"Who says it's ending there?" 

"Well isn't it obvious? They've gone to many places already. It has to be the end, I can feel it!" 

"Well, I guess since I just used all my money up, I'll have to get more for college again. I have scholarships, but I'll need it for little things." 

"Don't worry about it! We'll get you rich by the end of this!" So they bought their tickets and left on the train. I knew that they would beat us there and the time that they had on us could get us killed. We couldn't avoid Brooke this time, this time it would be the fight to the death. 

I woke up and then woke Nat up. I had to tell her about my dream. If we could think of something to avoid her for a little while longer...maybe Kendra and Maddie could disguise us.  Brooke and Brent didn't know about them so we could go invisible. We could do it! 

"Nat, they know we're going to the Valley of the Kings. They'll get there about five minutes before us. I think their train left immedietly and they have a half hour ride. We have another thirty-five minutes. They're going to try to cut us off, but I know how to avoid it! I'll tell you how in a minute, but first I have to tell you this, Brooke is really dead. She's been brought back to life. She must've been killed, and then the ghost's brought her back some time ago. My dream showed her as her 'true form' and that was as a ghost. She looked more like Kendra, not like Mohammad. I know there's not that much of a difference, but she just looked nicer and happier. She must have a little bit of good left in her. It'll be gone real soon though, it turns out she's really in love with the ghost King, not Brent. She wants him on her side so she can kill  him to be the person that rises the ghosts, if we escape. At least I think. She didn't really say that, but that's my guess." 

"Oh man! This is worse than I thought Candace! We may be able to avoid it, but for how long? We both know we'll have to face her sooner or later." Nat pointed out. 

"We just have to avoid her for a little while longer. We need to wait till the Valley of the Kings to fight. We can't let anyone, um, normal, I guess, get hurt! Brooke's going to tell Brent abou the ghosts. We'll see whose side he's on. One more thing, I have to tell you something after the mission. I can't tell you now, because we can't be slowed down. I'll tell you when we're done, or if we're about to die." 

"Really Candace? Keeping secrets now are we?" 

"Yep, now when we get off the train, we have to turn invisable, actuallly when we are arriving. They can't see us and then we'll hold onto Maddie and Kendra's backpacks-wait, they don't have backpacks! Well, they'll just have to use ours. I'll tell them the plan and you can sleep." Nat nodded and instantly fell asleep. I woke up Kendra and Maddie and told them the plan. They took our backpacks and slept again. I couldn't sleep, even if I wanted to, because I knew then I would probably miss the time and our plan would fail. I did want to sleep though, becuase then I could see whose side Brent chose, well hopefully. That was just I risk I couldn't take. 

I wasn't willing to wake anyone up either so I just stayed awake. I had already woken them up once. I knew we were getting close to finishing the mission, and with what Brooke said, I knew I was right. We had just one more place left to go. 

Soon we were about to pull into the train station so I woke Nat up and we ducked and went invisable. No one seemed to notice, but the train only had two other people on it besides us. 

We stood by Kendra and Maddie and tapped their heads so they knew we were standing behind our seats. 

"You guys, tap us on the head when you're behind us and we'll go." So we tapped their heads and away we went. I saw Brooke and Brent sitting together, and either Brooke didn't tell Brent about the ghosts, or he was with her. 

Brooke kept looking at Kendra, like she recognized her. That made me nervous. We left and I saw Brooke looking our way. "Did you know her?" I asked Kendra quietly. 

"Nope, I've seen her though so I probably just look familiar, that's all." 

"Good." But as we hopped into the boat and Nat and I had turned visable, I saw Brooke coming. (The boat driver didn't even seem to notice that he picked up to other boaters!) "Guys, she's coming! She knew we were all together. Great." So our boat left, but Brooke and Brent hopped inot a boat that left after ours. 

"There's no way out now. We have to face them. Their boat is only seconds behind ours." Nat said. 

"Get your wands ready. Someone's going to die and we all know that." I didn't say about how I knew it would be one of us, or Brent. I didn't know about Brooke, but I could just feel that someone I loved and cared about would die. I was worried though. What if Brent had joined Brooke? That would make it harder to fight them, but we had four, and they only had two. 

Soon we got to the shore, got out, waited about five seconds, and then Brooke and Brent were upon us. 

"Finally! We haven't talked to you guys in ages!" Brent said. 

"Yep, and blame Brooke for that." I said coldly. 

"I know she threatened you and all, but can't you just let it go?" 

"She hasn''t told you the truth? Brooke why don't you just show us your 'true form.'" I said. 

"I'm in it." 

"Brooke don't lie to me! I know you're working for the ghosts, I know you want to kill me, I know your true form is really a ghost, and I know that you don't really love Brent. You love the ghost king." 

Brent turned to face Brooke, "You don't love me?" 

"Yes, I do! Candace has no idea what's she's talking about! She's talking nonsense! I didn't even know ghosts existed!" She exclaimed. 

"Brooke, I told you not to lie! You wen on a mission to kill the ghosts or stop them from rising. We all know you're evil and I know you want to be the queen of the ghosts. STOP LYING!" I yelled. I was sick of her putting on her act and pretending that I was the crazy, bad one. "Leva," Talk. 

Brooke couldn't fight the spell, I was jsut too angry. "Who are you really in love with?" I demanded. 

She was stuggling. "The ghost king." 

"Good, now you want to kill us right? Why do you want to do that?"

"Yes, because if I don't kill you than it's me. I need your blood to raise the ghosts!"

I dropped the spell. "See Brent?" Brent backed away.

"You lying, annoying brat! You'll never, ever have any true friends and I will never ever like you again!"

"But you could be my king! I do love you! Candace put a twist on the spell."

"I WOULD NEVER BE YOUR KING! YOU LIAR!" Brent yelled. "Besides, you already have a king." He whispered. I saw a tear trickle down his face. He really had loved her, but that wouldn't save us now. Nothing would, except ourselves. We had no reinforcements, and Brooke looked ready to go for the kill. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87 2 9
Waking up face down in mud sucks any day of the week. But coming around in the sludge of a strange realm...? Well, that just redefines a bad day alto...
200 3 19
Naomi has grown up surrounded by technology and constantly warned that magic is dangerous, but when she's approached by a top-secret magic organizati...
238 15 20
in a life where there's magic; magic you can either do good things with or harness the everloving evil of the world and abuse it. but, that evil and...
2.7K 96 19
Do you believe in Magic? Do you think YOU have the power? Join the adventures in Zufwa Magic Academy, where young magic users learn how to contr...