My Best Friends One Direction...

By woah_there_styles

Dakota Milne is a 18 year old girl who lives in her home town of Edinburgh, Scotland with her mum and stepdad... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 Halloween Part 1
Chapter 9 Halloween Part 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
> Chapter 53 <

Chapter 41

9.7K 232 50
By woah_there_styles

*NIALL'S POV*

"Harry" I yelled, walking past the living room to get to the stairs. "Harry, mate you here?" I yelled yet again, no response but I knew he was here. I made my way to his door, remembering Louis said its always locked whenever he tries talking to the lad. Today I thought I was gonna have a 'secret' date with Dakota, but instead she and Rose went to a shopping mall. Im not mad at all, this has been a hard week for Rose and Dakotas just being a good friend. See thats what I love about about her, she so caring.

I tried to open Harry's door and what do you know, it was still locked. "Harry open the door" I said banging the door in the process.

He seriously needs to stop with this avoiding everyone, he doesn't realize it but he's hurting Rose more by doing such. Like yesterday; Dakota had Rose over after lunch to just watch a movie and stuff. I over heard them talking about Harry and when she said he's been doing nothing and locked himself in his room, she broke down crying. In my view of this situation, it seems the lad has to make the first move in saying sorry. I mean it sounded like it was Harry's fault in the first place, plus he gave her the keys-KEYS

I hurriedly searched the top of the door panel and finally found what I was looking for, the brass key to the lock in front of me. I pushed the key in and heard a 'click' indicating it was now unlocked. You go Niall, victory is mine!

I opened the door slowly to find Harry on the phone. Who was he calling if he never gets out of bed? He looked to me and I could see his bloodshot eyes, with a few tear stains on his cheek. He was wearing the clothes from 4 days ago when Louis made him take a shower, I guess he hasn't taken one since. I was I interrupted from my thoughts when I heard the phone change to speaker.

"Hi you've reached Rose! Sorry I can't get to your call, I may be busy...or I don't want to talk to you. But anyways leave a message!" Seconds later, there was a loud beep sound and Harry quickly ended the call. "Harry" I said walking over to him and sitting on the unmade bed. "I think the second part was for me" he said, tears now visible coming down his cheeks. "N-no that could have been for anyone. Why do you keep calling her and hanging up?" I asked out of curiosity. He sighed and leaned back to his pillow."I like to hear her voice, without getting a chance to talk back" he mumbled. I sighed and got up, his room was a mess. I mean, my room was messy...but his was..oh my god. THERE'S A FRICKEN PIZZA BOX ON THE GROUND. I picked it up and threw it in the trash by the door. Walking over to the windows, I opened the shades to let the light in. "NOOOOOO, IT'S TOO BRIGHT" he yelled, covering himself with the blanket underneath him. This lad was miserable.

"I'm getting you outside today wether you like it or not" I said, roughly pulling him up and pushing him in the bathroom. "Take a shower now" I said sternly. He nodded slowly in defeat and walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind him. I sighed in relief once I heard the water turn on.

*

"Harry come on! Lets go!" I said, taking his half eaten oatmeal from the table. "But I don't wannaa" he whined. Why can't he cooperate?! Gosh it's like he's my child.

I roughly pulled him up and dragged him to the doorway, ignoring his whining. I told Zayn we would meet up with him, Louis, and Liam at this pasta house that Liam likes.

Once we arrived and ordered our pasta, I realized Harry hasn't said a word this whole time. I patted his back and he looked up to me with a sad look and cleared his throat. "Why did we come here anyways" he asked, Liam looked at him wide eyed and pointed to the food in front of him. "Harry have you ever had this food, I'm serious-" he was cut off by Harry "Yes Liam, I actually have been here before and had this food. I went here with Rose and I'd rather not be here right now because of it. So if you'll excuse me." He said getting up and exiting out the doors, throwing the napkin on the table in the process. I sighed and dug my fork into my pasta.

Mmm food.

*LOUIS POV yaaay*

I guess all the other lads figured Harry would want some alone time, but I know he doesn't. Trust me, I would know I'm his best mate. I quietly got up, not to interrupt the deep conversation the lads got in about their favorite pasta shells. I mean who talks about that stuff, psh and I thought I was the weird one. Making my way to the door, I noticed a tall slumped over figure sitting on the small brick wall surrounding the flowers. But what caught my attention was 2 fans nudging him, trying to get a picture. Wow, way to give the lad some space ladies. I hurried over towards him and asked the girls to go away, nicely. They did as told and walked down the street.

I turned to Harry and he mumbled a "thanks" I nodded in reply and sat next to him.

"So do you wanna talk about it?" I asked, not looking at him but straight ahead to 2 females across the street carrying shopping bags.

"Well I suppose, I mean your the only one who asked, instead of trying to get it out of me." He sighed, I nodded and kept my eye on the girls with the shopping bags. I watched as she dropped one because her friend made her laugh too hard. Chuckling I looked back towards Harry for him to continue. "What? Why were you laughing?" He asked out of curiosity, I smiled and looked to the ground. "Nothing, just go on with your story please."

*HARRY'S POV*

I was in the middle of telling Louis everything that happened these past couple of weeks, but it seemed to me he wasn't listening. He just kept nodding and not keeping eye contact with me, but towards the other side of the street. I decided on stopping, not wanting to waste my breathe on someone who isn't taking my words in.

"Haz, why'd you stop?" He asked, still not looking at me. "Well your not listening to me, so why waste my breathe on you who's just" I looked over to where his eyes were "watching 2 women with shopping bags walking across the sidewalk" he nodded in reply and I gave up, looking to the 2 girls he's so interested in at the moment. I watched as the blonde haired girl walked along side of the brunette next to her with their sunglasses on. They were each holding shopping bags, one which caught my eye. The Victoria Secrets bag the blonde was carrying, I got a full look at the both of them and noticed the brunette was quite short next to her blonde friend who I figured was a soccer player. Her calves were full of muscle. I felt Louis tap my shoulder and I looked to him, he was pointing at a man in black running towards the girls and eventually made it and tried taking the brunettes bag. I got up debating on wether to help or not, seeing as me and Lou were the only ones here other than the guy in black. I watched as her sunglasses fell from her nose and to the ground, I took a good look at her familiar face and soon began sprinting across the street. Oh gosh.

"ROSE! ROSIE!" I yelled running across the street towards her, dodging the cars in the process. I heard multiple calls behind me, probably the lads telling me to get out of the street. Fuck no, the love of my life is getting mugged by some man. I sprinted down the sidewalk towards her and saw Dakota trying to get the man off, but was pushed down by him who went back to trying to take the bag. "ROSE!" I yelled again, but I was soon in rage in what I saw was done next. The man flew his fist back, and right into her face; making her fall to the ground. Why does he want her purse so fucking much to do that to her. I jumped on the mans back and wrestled him to retrieve the bag. I finally was strong enough to flip us over and regain myself from being in control.

That was when I began punching.

"DON'T *punch* EVER *punch* FUCKING *punch* TOUCH *punch* HER *punch* AGAIN*punch* -" I was cut off by the lads holding me back and telling me to settle down. "I WON'T SETTLE DOWN, THIS PRICK JUST PUNCHED ROSE IN THE FACE" I said gesturing over to Liam holding Rose's face and inspecting the bruises now forming. I quickly ran over to her and held her in my arms. "HARRY TAKE HER TO THE CAR" Dakota yelled, I nodded and fully picked her up running over to the black range rover across the street. I struggled to get the keys out if my pocket and tried holding Rose with one hand. I heard her moan in pain and I looked down to her and saw she had a few tears falling down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry Rosie" I said softly, opening the door and pulling her in with me. She laid across the backseat, her head on my crotch. Okay, no time for dirty jokes haz. "Harry?" She croaked, I looked down and brushed a piece of hair out of her face. "Shhhh" I said, trying my best to calm her. I noticed a drop of water fall on her neck and realized it can't rain in a car, wow I was crying. I watched as her face twitched when she tried opening her eyes. "Ooooowwww"she said like a baby in pain. I chucked and she giggled, her teeth showing through her smile. "H-Harry I missed you" she said lacing our fingers together. I heard her struggle at taking a breath and winced as she touched a sore spot on her stomach where the man punched her multiple times. "Rosie who was that man" I asked, playing with her wavy brown hair. "I don't kno-ow, he was following us around this whole day but I just didn't think of it I gu-guess." She finished, her accent lingered to my ears. I love her voice, her English accent is so unique. I inspected the gashes in her cheeks and under her right eye.

I was interrupted by the doors opening and everyone squishing into the car. "GO GO GO" Zayn yelled hurriedly to Louis who was having trouble putting the key in. "What happened?!" I asked "don't worry about it" Liam said watching the road from the passenger side. I sighed and looked back down to Rose who was now passed out in my arms.

Don't let me go Rose.

-

"Okay are you sure you can clean up the bruises?" Liam asked holding the door open for me to bring Rose in, I nodded and placed her on the couch. "Yes Liam, I got it. Go home" I said pushing him out of my house. He sighed and I closed the door also locking it before walking over to the bathroom. I searched the medicine cabinet for the first aid kit and found it behind my shaving cream, I grabbed a washcloth and made my way back to the living room where Rose was laying on the couch. I felt my stomach drop once I saw the purple and black bruises on her eye. I rushed over to the freezer and took out a bag of frozen carrots, good thing Louis was spending the night at May's house.

I placed the bag on her eye and she quickly shot up, crap what did you do Harry.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm sorry, I need to put this on your eye babe" I said holding her down. She nodded and laid back down. "Harry my stomach hurts" she whined in pain. I made my way to her stomach and held her shirt ready to pull it up, before she smacked my hand. I chuckled. "I just want to see the bruises, Rosie" she blushed and removed her hand and let me pull her shirt up.

I winced once I saw her bruises on her side and just above her belly button. I traced my hand over one and immediately regretted it once I saw her reaction, she shut her eyes tightly and took a deep breath to hold the pain in. "I'm so sorry" I said. She sighed "Harry stop saying sorry, there's nothing you could of done" she spoke as I pulled her shirt back down. "Yes there is, I could of done a lot of things" I said leaning down and placing my hands under my chin to hold my head up. She giggled and stopped probably feeling pain in laughing. In this case, laughter isn't the best medicine. I took the ice pack off her face and moved it to her stomach where her other bruises were. Opening the first aid kit, I spotted the cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol, oh god this is gonna be hard.

"Okay, this is gonna sting, but just-it helps, okay Rose?" I said, dabbing some on the cotton and placing it on the first cut, rubbing softly. She winced in pain and I quickly removed it, she giggled and told me to keep going. I threw away the bloody cotton and got a new one. Once again, I placed it one her face and began stroking it softly around her cuts. "Harry" she said. "Mhmm" I replied in concentration, "why aren't you a doctor" she asked, I chuckled and got a new cotton ball with the alcohol on it. I dabbed it on her face once again.

"I can be anything you want me to be, baby" I said flirtatiously, she giggled and smacked me in the stomach. "Hey, watch it I'm trying to clean you up. You wouldn't want this accidentally going in your eye now would you dear?" I said, concentration on cleaning the bloody gash.

Once I was finished, I gathered the supplies and placed them on the TV tray next to the couch. Getting up, I made my way to the linen closet.

"What are you doing?" Rose asked, taking the blanket from me. "We're going to watch a film." I said, sitting down next to her and grabbing the remote.

"I don't want to" she whined. I chuckled and looked over to her. "Then what are we gonna do love?" I asked, she smiled softly and looked down. "Can't we just...talk" she asked. I nodded nervously "what would you like to talk about?" I asked fiddling with the remotes battery's. "Harry can you just stop running away from this topic?!" She said raising her voice, I was shocked by her sudden outburst. "What are you talking about, Ros-" "oh don't Rosie me, Harry. You know what I'm talking about, so can we please just talk about what I did wrong?" She said. What she did wrong? "Rose you did nothing wrong, it was my fault, everything." I reassured her. "I - I just thought you cared about me, then you just go and-" I cut her off "You think I don't care about you? How about every hour this week when I called you on your cell just to hear your voice. I didn't care if it went to your fucking voicemail, I just needed to hear your voice." I said turning to her to see her eyes. They were a deep shade of blue, which meant she had feeling at the moment. I love her eyes, that's probably the best feature about her. Whenever I describe her to people I always say something about her eyes, she's basically the only African American I've met with blue eyes, yet she doesn't look black, she has more of a white skin tone and I just get lost in her eyes every- "Harry" she said, snapping me back into reality. Gosh I got lost in her eyes. I took a deep breath and grabbed her hand. "Harry where are we going?" I helped her up the stairs to my room and let her sit on my bed across from the piano. I sat down on the bench and opened the piano case. I wrote this song with my friend Sam McCarthy and I just figured out it describes Rose and I's relationship perfectly. "Harry? What are you doi-"

"Rose just listen."

"Now you were standing there right in front of me

I hold on its getting harder to breathe

All of a sudden these lights are blinding me

I never noticed how bright they would be

I saw in the corner there is a photograph

No doubt in my mind it's a picture of you

It lies there alone on it's bed of broken glass

This bed was never made for two

I'll keep my eyes wide open

I'll keep my arms wide open

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of being alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

I promise one day I'll bring you back a star

I caught one and it burned a hole in my hand oh

Seems like these days I watch you from afar

Just trying to make you understand

I'll keep my eyes wide open yeah

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone"

______A/N_______

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

HARRY STYLES

WTF

THAT SONG

UGH

I CRIED

ALL DAY

ALL FUCKING DAY

BC YOUR SO BEAUTIFUL MAN

OK

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

JUST READ

BYEEE

ILYSM

-JB

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 293 30
19 year-old Addison Smith decides she's had enough of her American family. So she moves to the UK and changes her name to Madison Hughes. What happen...
157K 3.8K 40
Abigail is a 17 year old popular senior in high school in Bradford,England Shes not just popular because how beautiful she is but that shes related t...
18.2K 330 35
Paige; a 17 year old girl with a dream to visit her Australian pen pal. Chloe; Paige's bestfriend the only one who knows about Paige's past who can m...
1.9K 38 23
Like many typical girls Becca aged 16 falls head over heels for the boy-band One Direction, but what she didn't know is that her life and their life...