In Love with Death *A Grim Re...

Autorstwa saliners

Lexi is a normal 19 year old girl trying to go to college and start her life as an adult, but her life takes... Więcej

In Love with Death (cast)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10

Chapter 5

2.8K 72 24
Autorstwa saliners

"Hey," he whispered.

"Hi," I answered back.

It was quiet for a while before I started to walk to my room. Grim followed still not saying another word. He sat on my desk chair placing his elbows on his knees staring at the ground. I decided to change into shorts. I walked to my closet and shut the door behind me. I realized my breath was extremely shaky. Why did I get like this every time he was near? My stomach was doing massive cartwheels, my legs felt as though they were melting, and my hands could barley hold the shorts I had chosen.

I took a deep breath and kicked off my shoes and pants and threw on my shorts. I stepped out of my closet to find that Grim hadn’t moved an inch. He looked up at me and smiled.

"You look cute" he said with his half smile. I immediately blushed, but I was thankful that it was dark in my room. I went to my bed and sat under the covers.

"Sorry about earlier, Josh came to hang out and I didn’t know if you would be back and-"

"Lexi," Grim interrupted me holding his hand up, "you don’t have to explain yourself to me, it’s my fault for assuming you didn’t have a boyfriend."

"What? No josh isn’t my boyfriend, he's my best friend that’s all. He wanted to see how I was doing after everything that happened." I said.

"Oh well I just kind of figured after seeing the way you guys were hugged up together." He said staring back at the floor.

"Are you jealous?" I asked before I could stop myself.

Grim's head shot up. "What? Psh an angel of death doesn’t get jealous my dear" he said smirking.

I laughed and the tension between us seemed to fade away.

"Come lay with me." I said shocking even myself.

"I don't know doll face," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh come on its not like we can touch anyway, just lay next to me." I said as I scooted over.

He stayed for a moment and finally got up and came to my bed. I laid under the covers on one side, while he sat on top of the covers on the other.

"What’s it like?" I asked.

"What’s what like?" he said.

"Being the Grim Reaper? Like how does your day start and end?" I asked.

"Well first off I'm not THE grim reaper I’m a grim reaper. There are millions of death angels, I’m just one of many. And second, I don’t have days, I was created and ever since it’s been doing what I do" He answered.

"So you don’t sleep or take days off?" I asked

"Nope" he simply said. Then he turned to me leaning on his left elbow, his silver eyes staring deep into mine. He leaned his face so close to mine I could feel his cold breath.

"I hate that we can’t touch" I said looking down at my hands.

"Look at me" he whispered.

I gave in and looked up to him. He brought his lips close to my own, his cold breath gave me goose bumps.

"Be grateful that we can lie here together without me having to take your life." he whispered, "I am."

With that he stood up and started to walk to the stairs black fog slowly following him.

"Wait, you'll come back again right?" I said as I sat up on my bed.

"As long as you want me to I will" he said the fog thickening around him.

"Well yeah I want you to," I said being a bit of a smart ass.

He chuckled "I'll see you later, doll face" he said, and then he faded away.

I threw myself back shoving my face to my pillow.

"UGH!" I yelled in frustration. It wasn't fair that I couldn’t be more close to Grim. It’s not that I wanted to do the nasty with him or anything but come on. He was just so perfect, who wouldn’t want to touch him.

I laid there staring at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. My phone broke me out of my trance as I picked it up. It was a text from josh.

u up?

I rolled my eyes. Tina or Tanya or whatever must've not put out after all.

yea wuts up

bitch was on her rag so had 2 dump her

lol ur such a dick

she knew wut was suppose 2 happen she could’ve saved me the trouble

haha well ur still a dick

eh most of the time, so how'd ur night end?

um...it was boring

liar wut happened

I’m not lying

lex ur such a bad liar I can even tell thru a text

shut up I’m goin 2 sleep

I lied

mhmm lol g'nite

nite  

I plugged my phone back up and decided to take a shower, since I wasn’t at all sleepy. I got up and walked in my closet, I stripped down and headed to the bathroom. I turned on the water and let it heat up while I brushed my hair. The hot water felt amazing. I washed my hair and cleansed my body, but I didn’t want to leave the shower just yet. I closed my eyes and my mind started to wonder. I must have been in lala land for a while because the once hot water turned cold snapping me back into reality.

I stepped out wrapping the towel around my body and I went to the sink to brush my teeth. I finished and walked out to my room to put some pajamas on, but I didn’t get very far. There sitting casually on my bed was Grim with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Hey doll face," he said glancing at my towel then back at my face. I clutched the towel tighter. He laughed slightly making me blush.

"I’m sorry love, I’ll give you some privacy," he said as he started to get up.

"Wait," I said not wanting him to leave yet. "I'll go back to the restroom and change." I grabbed some shorts a spaghetti strap underwear and a bra, trying to act as casual about it as possible.

I half ran to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. Taking deep breaths I changed as fast as I could. Taking one last breath I opened my door.

He was still laying on my bed his hands behind his head.

"Don’t you look comfy" he said with a smile. "So are you on drugs because normal people are sleeping at this time not showering"

"Shut up" I said smiling but also blushing.

He laughed silently as I crawled to the other side of him lying on my side facing him.

He looked at me with concern on his face.

"I know this may sound a little weird coming from me, but I'd still like to ask, how are you doing with the loss of your dad?" he asked still with the sad look in his eyes. I wanted to hold him so bad, just to show him that I didn’t blame him for the situation.

"You don’t have to answer me, I understand if I'm the last one you want to talk to about this." he said looking away from me.

"No that’s not it at all. I just have a hard time opening up to people." I said.

"Well if it helps I’m not a person so I can’t fall into the 'people' category" he said with a small smile.

I sat up indian style and faced him.

"Okay," I said with a sigh, "I'm not really sure how I should feel about it all" I said looking down at my hands playing with my rubber bracelet. "Our father-daughter relationship kinda got screwed up last year. I caught him cheating on my mom with his secretary. I had stopped by his office to surprise him with lunch. I couldn’t keep something like that from my mom so I told her, and my parents separated. After a few months she took him back and I had to deal with it. I never fully forgave him for what he did and after that, things just stayed bad. I lost all respect for him so I wouldn’t even bother to acknowledge him. He was pretty much just a man that lived in the same house as me. I didn’t see him as my dad anymore." I stayed quiet as I let a tear fall.

"After you told me what he did for me, I just feel so guilty. He obviously loved me still even though I treated him bad." I said as I hung my head

"Look at me doll face," Grim said also sitting indian style facing me.

I shook my head as I let more tears fall.

"Please," he whispered.

I looked up to him his silver eyes once again staring deep into mine.

"You have nothing at all to feel guilty about. It's obvious that you still loved him even after what he did, otherwise you wouldn’t feel the guilt that you feel. Be grateful that you now know he loved you. You have no idea how many people that don’t know just how much they're family and friends loved them, but never had the chance to let them know. You have that." he said still looking into my eyes.

"I guess that’s true," I whispered

"Do not feel guilty for anything alright, your father gave you the gift of life, do not take that in vain." he said reaching for my hand but stopping himself. He looked up at me once again. "This is just the way things go, its part of life."

"Yeah I know I just wish things could be different" I said.

"Believe me so do I" he said looking down at our hands. He started tracing the area of the blanket around my fingertips with his index finger.

"What I would do to just hold your hand at least once." he said quietly.

He looked up at me and made eye contact. We sat there for what seemed like a lifetime. I hadn’t realized how close our faces were until I felt his cold breath on my lips after he let out a frustrated sigh.

"I gotta go doll face" he said getting up from the bed.

"Duty calls" I said with hanging my head with sadness in my voice.

"Hey," he said quietly. I raised my head to look into his gorgeous eyes, "I'll be back soon" he said with a cute smile which made me smile also. He gave me a wink and turned away fading into the dark fog.

At that moment it became painfully obvious that I begun falling for the grim reaper.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

105K 3.5K 39
Lexi is 11 when she goes rouge. She runs away from her alpha who abuses and takes advantage of her. Her father is the beta to the blood stone pack. S...
23.1K 726 32
Lexi Evans is your average 18 year old high-schooler who has the sweetest boyfriend and great friends.But what happens when her so called boyfriend d...
6.4M 100K 32
(Cover by: happybunnyx123) Lexi is a freak, at least that's what everyone tells her. She talks to the dead, has no friends and her own father is afra...
227K 8K 32
15 year old Lexi was a week away from finding her beloved mate she always wanted, but what happens to fate that makes her heart swell in pain causing...