The Trap

By notjustarandomperson

#EDITING# Previously known as- When the bad boy noticed me. Trap called chaos. Trap called emotions. Trap... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
chapter - 30
chapter - 31
chapter 32
chapter - 33
chapter - 34
chapter - 35
chapter - 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Sequel's out!

CHAPTER 10

200K 5K 717
By notjustarandomperson

|| THE PARTY - PART ONE ||

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"I swear to God that I am never coming with you for shopping!" I practically yell at Jasmine once we settle down in the food court.

As my tired bums are savoured by the soft cushion of the couches in the court, I realize just how much my legs hurt. I swear even Tessa wouldn't be able to keep up with her pace as she kept me dragging from stores to stores and boutiques to boutiques because she could not get her so called 'perfect dress'.
Her laughter breaks the chain of my thoughts.

"Care to explain what is so funny?" I ask her, glaring.

"Man! You are a handful." She continues laughing.

"You need to google the meaning of best-friends because it seems like you forgot it." I say.

"Ain't no need to remind me, okay? Fill up your tummy as we also need to buy yours." She says.

"I don't need a dress. Not today, not ever when it's you with whom I am shopping." I sulkily grumble.

"Why are you being difficult?" She asks with a huge sigh.

"Oh nothing! It's just that my legs are desperate for some comfort and they don't wish to be dragged anymore." I plaster a fake smile.

"You are relaxing now, aren't ya? We won't be long. Please?" She asks, battling her eyelashes.

"This won't work on me. I agreed to your shopping thing today and now it's your turn to listen to me. Let's just head home afterwards. There's nothing I'd rather do than take a refreshing nap." I say.

"Fine." She mumbles.

__________________

"You will be fine. Let yourself free for one night, okay?" Jasmine comforts me for the umpteenth time today.

You must've guessed by now that today is Friday, the very day the party is been organised.

The day at school was going good if you minus the number of times Jasmine coming up to me and telling me how I need to live a little.

Now, wouldn't you find it irritating if the same person gave you the same speech whenever you meet?

"Oh for the love of shopping Jasmine! I know, okay? I ll try to match up your enthusiasm at the party." I groan.

"Let me be the judge of that." She says.

"Whatever, let's leave." I say while we walk towards the parking lot together.

"The twins texted that they'll meet us directly at the party. Tessa had an early practice session so she left with Smith. The couple must be busy somewhere so let's just rush to your place." She says.

"Okay." I mumble while I unlock my car which was easily spotted in the lot.

"You getting ready at mine or what?" I ask her, settling inside.

"Of course I am! We'll first go to my place to collect my dress and then get ready at yours." She says, buckling her seat belt.

"Alright then!" I say, speeding up my way outside school.

________________

"This dress would look amazing on you! You should wear this." She holds up a wine red halter neck dress for me.

"I said no. I'd like conservative clothing to such a wild place." I say.

"Fine, have it your way." She mumbles and goes back to rummaging my closet.

AN HOUR LATER

We smile at our own reflections which made me wonder whether this really can be me. Jasmine is wearing a very gorgeous black lacy dress which makes her looks downright stunning with perfect make-up and hair. I, on the other hand manage to look good too in my black crop top with jeans so tights that it fits me like second skin. The soft curls of my hair cascades, brushing my spine. My eyes stand out due to the smoky eye shadow and a delicate rose blush does wonders to my cheeks.

"You look amazing! Let's rock this, yeah?" Jasmine pats on my back.

"Yes!" I say, taking a deep breath.

I take out heels and walk downstairs with Jasmine who is struggling with her clutch.

"My my, don't you guys look absolutely beautiful!" Mom exclaims once we come down.

"Thanks mom!" I smile.

"Not sugarcoating but seriously the guys have to be blind if they don't find you girls hot tonight." Mom says in all seriousness.

"I ain't worried about all. Just the one I have my eyes for." Jasmine mumbles loud enough for only me to hear.

I pat her on the shoulder, making her believe that he definitely will.

"You guys should get going. Have fun, party hard and please don't end up pregnant!" Mom exclaims which makes my eyes widen.

"Mom!" I shake my head unbelievably.

"Sure Lina!" Jasmine snickers as we walk out of the house.

"And here it goes." I mutter while putting the car into ignition .

_________

I pull up at Alec's residence and notice a lot of cars parked making it hard for me to spot a place for my Mustang. After driving along a little, I see vacancy and I waste no time in parking my car. We enter the living room and a thick stench of alcohol hits our nostrils. The living room has become a dance floor and the kitchen has taken the form of a bar. I ignore the stares of people whom I have taken by surprise from the way I look and walk towards my group huddled near the kitchen. You have the typical party scenario - a room with speakers blasting music so loud that you fear you may turn deaf and horny teenagers making out at the secluded corners.

"The gorgeous ladies are always fashionably late, now aren't they?" Alec speaks up when he notices us.

"They indeed are." Tessa winks in our direction and I blush at the sudden appreciation of my looks.

It is not everyday that you get it , right ?

___________

It's been quite some time and I find myself enjoying myself with my group.

"Hey! Where are you off to?" I ask him when I notice him get up from the couch. The rest are too busy and some of them even intoxicated to notice that.

"I gotta catch up with my other buddies there." He says, pointing towards a group of boys chilling near the dance floor.

"Oh okay. See you later!" I wave at him.

"Laters!" He says and walks off.

"How about hitting the dance floor?" Jasmine asks.

Everyone cheers a 'yes' in response including me. Paying heed to Jasmine, I decide to let it loose for one night. A little swaying never hurt anyone.

After a hell lot of dancing, I find my legs paining so I think of grabbing a drink from the kitchen. I excuse myself from the dance floor and head towards the kitchen. They are playing rihanna but my legs won't support anymore so I think of resting for a while. Jasmine saw me exit the living room so she came to the spot where I was standing.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing, just tired. I'll grab a drink. You enjoy!" I say.

"Yeah okay. By the way, Shane is here." She blushes.

"Oh that's great! Use your charm girl." I say making her cheeks go all the more red if it is possible.

"I am so nervous and his handsome look tonight is not helping me." She groans while I just pat her back in encouragement.

"So I am gonna go. You text me when you want to head home because we will leave together." She says and I nod.

I spot a secluded corner devoid of any couples making out and waste no time in occupying it.

"Hey there!" Smith suddenly appears out of nowhere.

"Hey!" I smile as he sits besides me.

"How did you find this party?" He asks.

"Not as bad as I thought it will be." I say and he nods in agreement.

"You should start listening to Jasmine more." He playfully says, making me chuckle along with him.

"Where were you?" I ask him.

"I was back there in the corner." He says pointing towards a corner. "Saw you guys dancing." He continues.

"More like saw Tessa." I say and his cheeks go crimson red.

"Shut up!" He fakes annoyance.

"Why don't you just ask her out man?" I ask him.

"I fear rejection." He says.

"What rejection? I bet my life that she won't reject you." I say, confidently.

"V, you are giving me high hopes." He says.

"I am not. I am just saying what I think is true." I say.

"Fine, you may be right but still I am unsure. I can still handle rejection but I can't afford to keep this friendship at stake." He says.

"Well, you got a point there." I say.

"Hey Smith! Care to join us for Truth and dare?" A guy whose name I recall as Ben calls him.

Of course, every party has to have this game.

"I don't find any reason to not join. V, you in?" Smith says, looking at me.

Before I could answer, Been cuts me off.

"Yes, you are always welcome. The more, the merrier." Ben shrugs.

"Okay sure." I say and we trio walk towards the drawing room.

There is a group of around 12-15 people, some familiar while some not. There is an empty beer bottle kept in the center. As I make room for myself to settle besides Smith, I notice someone's eye on me and I look in that direction.

And turns out that the certain someone is none other than Sam Ryder.

I raise my eyebrow in question to which he just smirks. Making an irritated face, I look away.

"Hey Smith?" I call him.

"Hmm?" He asks.

"What is Sam doing here? Alec is not friends with that group, is he?" I whisper to him.

"Alec is good friends with Michael who happens to be his best friend which explains why he is here." He says.

I sigh irritably to which he just chuckles.

"You guys obviously don't mind us joining, do you?" I see him asking Ben.

No, we mind.

And he is not alone. He has Ashley clinging to him like her life depends upon him. Wow, can she look any more sluttier?

"We absolutely don't." Ben says and I roll my eyes.

I focus my attention to the game and ignore the fact that he chose to sit right across me.

Man! It seems like the guy is gifted with annoying skills.

But I ain't giving him any chance to ruin my mood.

"And here it goes!" A brown-haired girl cheers and spins the bottle. It rotates for a while and completely slows down, pointing at Sam.

Now this should be fun.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A/N-

Hello lovely people !

I am back with an update. The whole party scene is split into two parts and the next part has more of them.

Vote, comment and spread the word :)

Love always,

KHUSHALI ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

NAMELESS By Allora Haven

Science Fiction

4.2K 290 13
COMPLETED "I exist. I know I must, because it hurts." She wakes up in a small, white room. She remembers nothing. If you can't remember, and you can'...
2.2K 971 50
I still didn't understand what he said,I couldn't think of anything i had done to hurt him. Maybe I was really clueless about what was going on in hi...
The Victim By theAkuhle

Mystery / Thriller

25.5K 811 76
|SUTON| n. The approach of death or the end of something <> "What did I do to deserve this?" He chuckled at my...
101K 3.6K 29
I stood on the edge of the rooftop. My eyes closed and my mind free. I'm ready. Now is the time. I could feel my breath quickening, Breathe in, Breat...