the ice queen | hatake kakashi

By nu-clear

She didn't expect her return to Konoha to change her life at all. Especially the fact that her deepest secret... More

prologue
01 ; a new jounin
02 ; the first encounter
04 ; the curse within
05 ; the cruel reality
06 ; a big decision
07 ; of sudden changes
08 ; of new worries
09 ; the mysterious ninja
10 ; of blossoming feelings
11; the kunoichi's birthday
12 ; the unexpected abduction
13 ; a surprise present
14 ; plans, plans, plans
15 ; a simple date
16 ; a simple dance
17 ; an abandoned tale
18 ; the truth unveiled
19 ; a longing reunion
20 ; the odd genin
21 ; the final stage
22 ; the nightmares begun
23 ; abundance of thoughts
24 ; a glimpse of reality
25 ; a new duty
26 ; that typical heartache
27 ; a rising hope
28 ; in building strength
29 ; a sacrifice made
30 ; the final countdown
31 ; the fourth war
32 ; a confrontation made
33 ; the legendary fight
34 ; a monster unleashed
35 ; an oath swore
36 ; rise of a silhouette
37 ; of lucid dreams
38 ; bizarre differences
39 ; little wild flower
40 ; post shinobi war
41 ; lost of trust
42 ; stress and pressure
43 ; no better than
44 ; strangers
45 ; a surprising news
46 ; resolutions
47 ; redemption
48 ; tiger moth
49 ; lucky strike
50; jingo jungle
51; sing to the sky
52; and rise again
53; come back
54: at last
55; moon night
56; 帰り道
57; サヨナラの意味
58; the end of nightmares
59; 好きと言わせたい
60; epilogue
book 2!!!

03 ; a hidden gift

23.7K 682 107
By nu-clear

He watched as Fuyu took out an ice sword and attacked the bandits. Her moves were faster and swifter, dancing through each enemy as she killed them with the makeshift ice sword. She released a few deadly ice jutsus, killing large numbers of the bandits at a time. Surprisingly, Fuyu looked like she enjoyed doing this compare than when they were first attacked. Not wanting to be left behind, he joined her as they defeated the enemies once and for all.

Fuyu stabbed the last enemy with her ice sword. Her outfit was mostly covered in blood and dirt. She turned and saw the client looked at her with horror eyes. Slowly, she walked towards the client. Her evil grin had disappeared and was replaced by her normal calm expression. Tired, she kneeled down a meter before the client. She looked at the her with pitiful eyes, sapphire eyes slowly changing to her normal green eyes. "Please...." She begged. "Don't tell a single soul about what you saw today." She dropped her ice sword, leaving the sword to melt on its own. The client looked at her, still afraid of her but nodded anyway. She turned to Kakashi, her green eyes sparkled as she begged for the same thing. Closing his Sharingan, he nodded too.

They continued their journey as soon as Kakashi and Fuyu had rested enough.

----------------------------------------

They reached Kumogakure the next morning. The client thanked both of them for their help. "Thank you for protecting me, even if I did piss you off a lot during our journey," Fuyu responded by rolling her eyes. The client turned to Kakashi, smiling as she thanked him. "Thank you so much Kakashi-kun. I hope fate will let us meet each other again."

Fuyu finally puked out most of her breakfast behind them.

Bidding their goodbye, they head back to start their journey home. Fuyu could already see her bed awaiting her at home. She yawned quietly, not wanting to attract Kakashi's attention. It was a beautiful day today, the birds flew high up in the sky and chirped happily to their own rhythm. Fuyu hummed a rhythm she simply made up.

"Fuyu," She looked up and raised an eyebrow at Kakashi. If he was going to be pissed about her humming all the way back to Konoha, then he might need some earmuffs to cover his ears right now. "About last night......" He stopped his sentence, quite unsure how he should continue the sentence. Fuyu closed her ears and hummed even louder. She fastened her pace so she would be in front of the Copy Ninja. Eventually, Kakashi caught up to her in a nick of time. He took Fuyu's arm and pulled her closer to him. Kakashi shivered upon holding her arm.

"Why are you so cold?" He released his grip immediately. Fuyu stood still as she placed her hand on her forehead. It was slightly warm. "I guess my definition of warm is different from yours." She gave him a small smile before she walked forward again. Kakashi turned and fasten his pace until they finally walked side by side. "Okay.... that makes sense on how you can use Ice Release and-"

"Shut up." She knows it was rude for her to interrupt a senior when they are talking, but she would prefer if they were not talking about that. "Just... don't tell anybody else about this. Please?" Fuyu sighed softly.

"Are there others who know about this?"
"Sandaime. Me. You. That annoying client." She was starting to feel quite awkward since their topic of conversation is her. "Anywho, I don't usually use that thing. I try to minimise my usage of it. So it's best if you stop talking about it right now." They were walking at a really slow pace at the moment. Fuyu skipped forward, looking at Kakashi who was still walking so slow. "Can you hurry up?" She pouted when he responded by walking even slower. She gave a loud tch and sat on the road to wait for him.

"How old were you when you graduated?" Kakashi asked when he finally caught up with her. Again, another topic that is centered towards her. "Definitely not as young as you, I was.... 11?? I don't remember." He hummed before asking another question. "How about when you were a chunnin?" Fuyu rolled her eyes. She could just ignore his weird questions, but then what would people say about her being rude to a senior jounin of hers?

How annoying can this get?

"I became a chunnin the year after. So I've been a chunnin for seven years. That's quite long, right?" But not as long as Iruka, she chuckled. She stop chuckling when Kakashi gave a weird look at her. "Sorry." He laughed cheerfully, probably entertained by her weird actions. "So you're nineteen? And you went through all the examinations without revealing your kekkei genkai?"

Kekkei Genkai. How she loathed that word. It was more of a bad luck charm than it was a gift to her. "Yup." If she could, she would give her so-called gift to other people. Kakashi remained silent for a few minutes. He took out his book and continued reading from where he had last read it.

"So you were that white genius they were talking about." Fuyu turned at him, jaws dropped. "What-"

"You never heard of the rumours?" He held her chin, pushing her mouth close. "That's a really childish reaction there, Fuyu." She blushed at the contact of skin.

"I-I thought they were talking about you!!!!" She turned away , trying her best to end their conversation. He heard him laugh again. "If you hadn't notice, I have silver hair actually."

"Whatever." She mumbled. Well, at least he wasn't talking about the ice and all that again. That was safe.

"So you don't practice your Ice Release at all?" Fuyu facepalmed herself. She looked at Kakashi in the eye. His eye somehow sparkled in interest. Compared to her own pair if green eyes, filled with anger and annoyance and all the negative aura one could possible had at a time. "I do. I just practice it late at night. So people won't notice. And tell other people. And be scared." She took a deep breath. "Are you done with your questions? Because as soon as we reach Konoha we are not talking about this anymore."

"Where are you from?"

"I'm from Konoha. Duh." She tapped her forehead protector, which was hidden underneath her hair. Kakashi groaned, amused by the sarcasm of the girl in front of him. "Let me rephrase that. Which clan are you from?" He knows the girl is at the edge of her patience, but it is his first time seeing someone who could use Ice Release. Of course, he would be curious.

Fuyu closed her eyes. "I would only talk about my family backgrounds with people I trust, not to some random people I've met for the first time." She stopped for a second. "Sorry, but that was really personal." They spent the rest of their journey home in silence.

Night has come again. They were quite near to Konoha now but they decided to camp out for the night. They both sat near the fire Kakashi made, still silent from before. Fuyu held her forehead once more before moving away from the fire a little bit. Kakashi noticed her actions. He moved nearer to Fuyu and held her hands. "Now you're warm." He gave her a smile, even if she couldn't see it because of the mask. Fuyu moved backwards again. "It's too hot." She replied flatly. She walked towards a dark spot. "Well, good night to you too." He muttered and put the fire out.

-------------

"Fuyu!!!!" Iruka waved at them as they entered the room. Fuyu looked away as she handed the report. "You're embarrassing. Stop it." Iruka looked at her report, seemingly impresses with her first jounin report. "Thank you for your report."

"DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WAS I WHEN YOU DIDN'T RETURN THE DAY YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO????" Fuyu shook her head, annoying Iruka as much as she can. She turned her heels and walked out of the room. "Well, at least she's safe."

Kakashi knocked on the door, entering when he heard a soft "Come in!" from the other side. He smiled as Sandaime greeted him. "How was the mission? Was Fuyu being cooperative?" Hiruzen invited Kakashi to have a talk with. "She was okay. Although she was very pissed with the client, but overall she really helped when we were attacked out of a sudden." The Hokage nodded. He was probably proud of the young girl. "Sandaime." Kakashi coughed. He felt guilty to talk about this topic, but.....

"Fuyu used her ice jutsu, didn't she?" Sandaime chuckled, surprising Kakashi. "Iruka told me Fuyu's body temperature was surprisingly high. It was very warm when she handed him your report." He looked at a frame on his desk. It was a picture of Sandaime and Fuyu together with Iruka. "I'm surprised she didn't try to erase your memories. I guess she still have some respect to other people too."

"Why does she hide it?" Kakashi finally dropped the question. Sandaime looked at him with eyes filled with concerned. "People with Ice Release are often said to be deadly when it comes to fighting. Heck, They're said to be the most cold-blooded of them all when it comes to killing." Hiruzen came close to Kakashi once more. "She is a bit of a hot-headed little girl, isn't she?" Finally, Hiruzen took a deep breath before looking at the ninja before him.

"Hatake Kakashi, I have a very special mission for you." The Copy Ninja could only let out a long sigh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 874 19
SEASON 2 OF KAKASHI LOVE STORY~ (Kakashi X Reader) After what happened at the mission , you and Kakashi are getting closer to each other. You guys a...
170K 5.4K 30
Yokina Washi is forced to become a criminal in order to survive the harsh world of the ninja. Once she decides she can't take a life of killing and m...
4.5K 166 23
This is a story about a teenage girl who was tasked with the job to go and protect what's needed to be protected in the Naruto verse and maybe have s...
14.6K 268 40
After years of being on the road training with Master Jiraiya, Meilani finally returns home to her adoptive brother in the Hidden Leaf. With her, she...