Darkness into Light (LOZ: Twi...

By Hidden_Magician

you'd think for a normal 16 year old girl like Nyx you'd have a good life. Other than farm work and living wi... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
A/n Nyx's new design for the next installment in the series
Chapter 32

Chapter 20

82 1 1
By Hidden_Magician

Link’s POV

            I watched amazed at how Nyx was able to slumber so peacefully after all we’ve been through, but then again after what we’ve been through I can actually see why. My fingers ran through her soft hair and I slowly leaned back on the bed so to not wake her. I moved her head to where she laid on my chest and I myself slowly fell into a deep sleep yet I was not granted the idea of a dream for my slumber came to quick and I welcomed the fact of darkness that would allow my body rest.

            The next morning I woke up to the bright light of the sun through the open window. The light burned my eyes just a little bit and I went to sit up not feeling the weight of Nyx and it frightened me. I panicked and quickly sat up looking around myself to spot where she might have gone. Fear built up within me at the thought that the boy from the desert, my darker self had come and taken her from me while I slept. I got up and looked all around me from the inside of the Inn to the outside from the path leading up to Death Mountain to the spirit spring. I sadly gave up and sat on the steps of the Inn thinking I was right and Nyx had once again gotten taken from me.

            “Hey Link, why do you look so down?”I heard Nyx’s voice behind me ask the question. I sprung to my feet and wrapped my arms around her tightly.

            “Nyx! By the goddesses… you had me worried… where were you?” I asked her concerned. Then I noticed the fact that her hair was wet.

            “Renado told me of a place where I could take a bath in peace…” She answered and I released her.

            “Speak of a bath… boy do you need one” she said joking and grabbed my hand dragging me off in a random direction.

            “Where are we going?” I asked her.

            “I’m taking you to the place so you can take a bath as well” she answered. I looked at her like she was crazy but followed anyway I have no clue why.

                                                            Nyx’s POV

            After showing Link how to get to the bathing area I had just come from I left Link his old clothes I had traveled to get without him knowing of course since I didn’t want him worrying. I took his Hero’s tunic to clean it out when I sensed a familiar presence around me and I wanted to ignore but knew that wouldn’t work out to well either.

            “Well look who it is… doing her boyfriends laundry like a good little girl” a dark voice said me close to my ear. I looked down and kept at my work not talking to him.

            “Come now master don’t treat me like that” Dark said not liking being ignored. I sighed and put the laundry in a basket and stood up to walk away when he grabbed my arm and took my basket.

             “What do you want this time?!” I hissed at him reaching for the basket only for him to hold it out of my reach.

            “Just hear me out” he said placing the basket back in my hands. I looked at him and then around me and gestured for him to follow me. He took me into a cave near the spirit spring and sat down on the ground.

            “Explain now!”I demanded crossing my arms across my chest.

            “Nyx… I wanted to warn you… Zant has many plans ahead for you and Link… what he did in that prison I had no clue of and when I saw what he did it made me furious!” He growled out. His fist clenched tightly making me think twice about what I thought of him just for a minute but then it vanished.

            “The next area you go will be the snowpeak and I want you to take these” he said handing me a jacket, scarf, and gloves.

            “Why give me these? I can use my magic to keep warm and Link can be a wolf.” I said confused. He looked at me and leaned forward some.

            “I just want to make sure you have something to keep yourself warm if you feel like you’re using too much magic” he said and softly kissed my cheek being cautious in case I did something. I reeled back when he did that scared Link would be close by and I didn’t want him to see this.

            “What are you doing?! Thanks for the winter clothes and all but don’t go kissing my cheek like that” I said standing back up.

            “I’m sorry master” he said gesture a goodbye before disappearing into the darkness and then I felt bad for treating him like that.

            “Nyx!!!” I heard someone yell my name. I looked up and stuffed the clothes Dark handed me into the basket as well before running from the cave towards whoever called me. I spotted Link near the Inn looking around for me again and I laughed some before running up to him. He heard my footsteps and turned around once he saw me his face held a relieved look. I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly and he held me not wanting to let me go.

            “There you are… you have to stop scaring me like that” He whispered in my ear causing me to blush. He let me go and I looked at his Ordon clothing it had been so long since he’d wore those that they looked weird on him now.

            “What?” he asked me. I only shook my head and walked inside and he followed after me. I headed for our room and set everything on the bed and pulled out the winter clothes Dark me and set them aside and went towards the window and placed Link tunic on the window sill.

            “Where did you get these?” Link questioned me holding the warm garbs in his hands.

            “A friend gave them to me… they told me that we need to head up to Snowpeak for the next mirror shard” I said walking back over to the bed.

            “Ah… okay” he said and placed the clothes back on the bed and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. My mind ventured back to Dark Link. How did he really feel about me and did his feelings affect how he treated me at times?

            “Nyx… How about we take a break from the adventure today and have it to ourselves?” Link questioned me in a hushed whisper.

            “Are you sure?” I asked him while heading over to check on his tunic.

            “Link… may I ask where our wallets are for the rupees we obtained.” I ask looking at him a little scared since I didn’t have mine in my pouch anymore. Link blinked a few times before rushing over towards his belt and looking through it. He pulled out a bag with a rupee design on it, opened it and lifted it upside down and shook it a few times but only lent fell out.

            “Umm… someone took our money I guess” he said looking at me.

            “Did someone come in our rooms last night?”I muttered.

            “Wait are you trying to say someone actually stole from us?” Link said now standing beside me. I was going to reply when someone knocked on the door. I headed towards the door to see who it might be. I looked out and saw no one standing there; I stood there confused before I looked down at the floor and my wallet on the floor I bent down and picked it up and headed back into the room my expression never changing.

            “Hey you found your wallet! Where was it?” Link asked from where he sat on the bed.

            “On the floor in front of the door… I have no idea how it got there” I said and opened the bag to make sure all my rupees were inside and found a note.

            ‘It seems some of these kids aren’t as sweet as you think. Since the oldest two of the village kids didn’t think about returning this when they found it…

                                                                                                -Dark’

            I looked at the note wondering how they got to my wallet and if what he wrote was actually true.

            “What’s the note say?” Link asked standing beside me and he tried to get the paper from my hand but I quickly drew back not letting him take it.

            “Just that the person who found it got it from Talo and Beth” I said still not sure if it may be true.

            “What are you serious!” Link said not believing me.

            “It says ‘since the oldest two of the village kids didn’t think about returning this when they found it’ I’m guessing the persons talking about them” I said but shrugged my shoulders not really caring.

            “Link how about we just relax for today anyway… why not walk around and maybe head into Hyrule” I said placing my hand on his arm gently and giving him a smile. He looked at me and smiled as well and took my hand into his and led me towards the door and out of the inn.

            “Where to first?” Link asked me while turning around in front of me and walking backwards.

            “Why not head into Hyrule I bet we could find something to do there” I said to him and I watched as his face dropped into a frown for a split second but then he smiled again to try and cover it up.

            “What’s wrong with that idea?” I asked Link.

            “Oh nothing… just that whenever we head into Hyrule I fell like where being watched” he said obviously lying. I smiled at him and started to drag him forward.

            “I think you just don’t like the fact we won’t be alone” I teased him and watched as his face started to turn red. He picked up a reed plant that he uses to call Epona and she quickly came to a stop in front us.

            “Hey girl… I hop you didn’t think I forgot ya” Link said rubbing Epona’s nose. I smiled sweetly at the beautiful horse in front of me and Link helped me into her saddle.

            “Well we better get a move on and enjoy our day off” Link said as I wrapped my arms around his waist and my head pressed against his back and we headed towards Hyrule Castle Town.

            “So what shall we do first?” Link questioned me as we walked the streets of Castle Town. Many people stopped to point and stare at us and muttered things under their breath but we just ignored them.

            “Look an Archery Game” I said pointing ahead of us and Link laughed at me and pulled me forward towards the game.

            “Welcome fare people… young man are you willing to take a chance of faith and try to hit the target and beat all the other scores.” The game keep said to us and I looked at him like he was crazy.

            “I don’t want to but my girl here would like to give it a try” Link said motioning to me and nudging me forward.

            “Of course… the lady would like to well let us see if she can beat where my arrow lands and you will earn an amazing prize.” The man said not to happy that I wanted to play the game. He pulled out a bow for him and one for me and we each got one arrow. He stood in front of the target and took aim and fired hitting dead in the middle.

            “Well young lady try to beat that one” He said smugly to me and I rolled my eyes by now many people started to gather round even guards and shop keeps.

            “”You got this Nyx” Link whispered to me and peck a kiss on my cheek and stepped back as I got ready to take aim. I stood at the marked area and drew back the string on the bow and let out a calming breath and took aim before letting it fly. The only thing I heard was the arrow hit its mark and the man yelling and the crowd get excited.

            “You hit the mark Nyx and split his arrow down the middle!” Link said happily as he wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me into the air while spinning me around.

            “Congratulations miss… here’s your prize… it’s said to give you the ability to summon any animal any time you need it” the man said grumpily as he handed a necklace with a single blue gem surrounded by a sliver frame.

            “Thank you” I said before walking away from the amazed crowd with Link following behind me. I handed Link the necklace and he took it and looked at me confused.

            “Why don’t you want it?” he asked me. I shook my head at him and wrapped his hand around it.

            “You keep it for now” I told him and smiled softly and took his hand in mine again.

            “Now where should we head?” Link asked as he put the necklace in one of his pockets.

            “You over there Link you can see Lake Hylia from over the bridge” I said and pulled him forward.

            “It looks so pretty” I whispered feeling a little out of character. Link stood behind me and wrapped his around me.

            “You know what Nyx” Link whispered in my ear.

            “What?” I questioned still looking down at the lake.

            “I’m glad you where the one to come on this journey with me” He whispered and lowered his head to where it rested on my shoulder. I felt a little wired since this was new to me but also because I felt like Link was moving too fast.

            “I’m happy I could come with you” I said and got out of Link’s grip.

            “Hey Link look it seems like the sun it going down I think we should head back to the village” I said walking off with him following me.

            “Are you sure we could stay a little longer it you want I bet Telma could give us a room to stay in at the bar if you want.” Link said. I looked at him and smiled.

            “Yes but your tunic is still hanging out the window to dry and I don’t think you want Talo to play hero now do you?” I asked him and laughed at how he shook his head. We walked back outside and headed towards Epona.

            “Link may I take the reins?” I asked. He smiled at me and nodded his head and hopped on and then put me in front of him and put the reins in my hands and he held my waist which made me blush.

He-yah!”Link yelled and tapped Epona’s sides.

            “Well Nyx… Did you have a fun day?” Link asked me as we walked towards the Inn. His hand held mine tightly and I heard shuffling behind us and I knew the kids where following us.

            “Nyx I don’t want this to seem like I was moving ahead but may… may I… give you a… kiss?” He asked in a small whisper. I looked at him completely shocked and I felt the tips of my ears heat up.

            “Ummm.” Was I all I could get out at the moment but then I was embarrassed and I ran inside and shut the door behind me.

                                                            ~Link’s POV~

            Great I messed up and now I’ve embarrassed Nyx with my question. Man I’m so dumb at times.

            “Aww… Link you blew it… you should have just kissed her” Talo said coming up from behind me. I looked down at him and Beth and Collin stood behind them.

            “If I remember… a little birdie told me and Nyx that you and Beth had found our wallets and didn’t try to give them back” I said to them and Talo and Beth looked down guilty.

            “Sorry” They said. I shook my head and sent them off to their rooms to sleep.

            “Now I need to go talk to Nyx and see if I can apologize” I said under my breath and headed up stairs.

                                                            ~Nyx’s POV~

            I heard footsteps heading for my room and I knew it was Link. I decided to make it seem like I was working and headed for where I had his tunic hanging. Finally dry I picked it up and began to fold it up and place it at the end of the bed.

            “Nyx… may I come in?” Link asked from the outside of the door. I walked up to the door and opened to see Link seeming worried and I bet he was mentally kicking himself right now as well. I stepped to the side and let inside; he walked past me and over to the bed and sat down.

            “Nyx I’m really sorry I didn’t-“He started but I cut him off.

            “No it’s alright Link it didn’t bother me at all it just… I don’t know” I said and sat down beside him.

            “Well tomorrow will be heading up to Snowpeak” He said and placed his hand on my leg.

            “Link” I muttered. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

            “Goodnight” I said and pecked him on the lip softly. He was surprised at first and was sad when I pulled back to get some rest.

            “Goodnight Nyx” He replied getting up as well and moved his tunic to a chair and climbed into the bed as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 174 21
You were always the one people would seek help from. You were a good girl. Oh, how wrong they were, the people of Hyrule were so naive it was funny...
252 0 13
~Shadows of Hyrule is back folks~ Please ignore the description as I've never written one before starting this fanfic. I'll get around to rewriting i...
20.9K 370 22
After witnessing Link and Zelda's on and off relationship, Y/N had had enough. Link was always sad, Zelda was sad and confused. Everyone was just, do...
94.5K 1.6K 21
Zelda, a 17 year old high school girl that has it all. Looks, intelligence, popularity, riches and glories. But one thing was missing, having an empt...