He's Not Bad, He's Broken

By DestineeDaniels

Bradley Stevenson. Kale Ryder. She's broken. He's broken. She doesn't trust anyone, at all. He only trusts hi... More

Chapter 1 - Past
Chapter 2 - Mr. Bad Boy
Chapter 3 - New Room
Chapter 4 - Family Dinner
Chapter 5 - Different BadBoy
Chapter 6 - Goodnight BadBoy
Chapter 7 - Bipolar Arse
Chapter 8 - Brittany
Chapter 9 - Protected by the BadGirl
Chapter 10 - Kale
Chapter 11 - Sleepover
Chapter 12 - Bad Day
Chapter 13 - Secrets Shared
Chapter 14 - Broken
Chapter 15 - Don't Judge
Chapter 16 - Eli
Chapter 18 - His Dimples
Chapter 19 - Her Company
Chapter 20 - My Mother
Chapter 21 - Fate
Chapter 22 - Necklace
Chapter 23 - Shower
Chapter 24 - Softball Game
Chapter 25 - Back to the Past
Chapter 26 - Make Your Move
Chapter 27 - I'm Not Okay
Chapter 28 - You Before Me
Chapter 29 - I Kissed A Dude
Authors Note! PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 30 - Darkness
Chapter 31 - Truth or Drink
Chapter 32 - Hurt
Chapter 33 - Now Or Never

Chapter 17 - Party

4.1K 103 16
By DestineeDaniels

Bradley's party outfit!!!

Do you ever get that one feeling of fear?

Like, not the one when you see like a clown or something, but the one where you can't breathe.

Well you might get that with a clown.

But, it's like, you're so scared that if you breathe you feel like you'll show you're scared but don't want to show it?

Because that's what I'm feeling currently.

I am at a party that Kale forced me to go with him. We were perfectly fine til' this guy- that I forgot his name- came and started talking to me. I mean he is pretty hot, but no where compared to Kale.

He has brown hair and brown eyes and looks pretty fit.

But he had this look in his eyes that is kind of giving me the creeps. Like, my gut was telling me to get away.

But now? All I see is fists flying. Mostly from Kale though. He's a pretty good fighter if I do say so myself. Not that I'd know what a good fighter would look like.

I mean he'd have to be if the other guy looks like a mess, right? I mean brown hair guy was fighting back, but was losing.

MAJORLY!

I'm assuming you want to know what happened well . . . let's start from the beginning. Shall we?

Well it started this morning . . .

**********

"Wake up you lazy arse!" Some idiot yelled in my ear. I just groan and turn over. Then all of a sudden I'm getting shook violently.

Oh no! An earthquake! Wait, this doesn't feel like one. . .what does one feel like actually?

Who knows.

But there are hands on my back. What the-oh they are shaking me!

Blonde moment number three!

What the heck? Why are they still shaking me? I didn't feel like opening my eyes to see who it was. I mean, it's so much work! Your eyes do use the most muscles in your body, after all.

So, I did what any reasonable person would do!

I swung my arm back and slapped the person.

Dang. For just waking up and not looking I have some damn good aim.

But those spark things are back. . .I bet it's Kale, I'm almost positive.

Dang, that's kinda sad when I know it's Kale when I feel those sparks.

Did I ever look those up yesterday? I don't think I did. Hmm? Remind me later would ya? I need to find out what those sparks are. Eh, I'll wait til' later.

Procrastinator I know, but I don't care.

"Ow! What the hell, Bradley?!" Ha! Called it. I knew it was Kale! "Why did you hit me?"

Now what I did next, you might consider thinking I'm crazy. But I can assure you. I can agree.

But I kicked him. Yep, that's right. I swung my leg back and kicked him.

Clunk

I don't know where I hit him all I know is it had to be hard.

Wanting to figure out where I hit him, I sit up.

When I look at him, I flinch, but not because the red slap mark on his cheek. Though, that looks painful, too.

But, because where I hit him, let's just say you probably shouldn't hit a boy there.

I hit him there a lot actually!

What's this, my second time? Oh gosh, I wonder how many more times I'll hit him there?

Oh, I'd love to hit him there again. If you know what I mean.

My eyes widen, unconsciously.

Where did that come from?

I'm backkkk.

Well then, leave!

I'll be back sweetheart.

I shiver at my consciences disturbing thoughts.

I look down at him and see he is trying to stand up while holding Kale Jr.

I kinda feel bad now.

Key word kinda.

I guess the least I could do is help him up.

I'm to nice for my own good.

I walk over to him and grab a hold of his bicep.

Dang. It's huge! What does he have in there?

I pull him up with all the strength I have- not very much- and try to bring him to my bed. After about a couple seconds we make it there successfully.

That took a lot of work! I'm tired!

I might need to exercise a bit more. Okay maybe a lot. But don't judge. That's besides the point.

"Why did you hit me?" He repeats his earlier question.

"Why did you wake me up?" I answer with a question of my own.

"I wanted to tell you something." He states.

"Couldn't you have waited until you know, I wake up by myself!" I raise my voice at the end. He looks at me shocked. "Sorry, I get bitc- I mean grouchy when I get woken up." I correct myself, mumbling.

"It's fine, but I was gonna tell you we are going to a party later." He says as though, it's nothing.

A party?

A PARTY?

A PARTY!!!

"Oh no, sorry that's not happening." I state.

"Oh yes, yes it is," He argues back. "You're going and that's final!" Then he gets up and walks out shutting the door.

Oh great! Fan-frickin-tastic!

Do you feel that sarcasm?

**********

So, right now I'm getting ready for the stupid party. I really don't want to go. I mean I even tried to convince Kale to not make me go.

You know what that lead to?

Me, on his shoulders screaming and pounding on his back telling him to put me down. And ya know what he did? He put me down all right!

IN THE FREAKING SWIMMING POOL!!!

Yeah, I felt like a drowned rat after that. I even tried to convince him again but that ended up in his threatening me that if I ask one more time he'll dress me himself and drag me there.

So, that leaves me to where I am right now.

In my closet looking for and outfit to wear. I mean, I've never been to a party, I don't know what to wear. If I had a choice I would just pick skinny jeans, T-shirt and vans.

But nooo it's not sexy enough...Kale's words not mine!

Kale said and I quote 'wear something sexy that makes your curves stand out'.

Ugh hormonal boys!

I was looking through my closet when my eyes met the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. It was the prettiest blue I've ever laid eyes on.

The breast area was a beautiful design in silver. Then, as the dress kept going down, it went on to a royal blue and flowed out at the bottom. I am so going to be wearing that.

Now for the shoes. I was looking and found some cute wedges. Not that I'd know anything about shoes. But they're cute.

Finally!

And last my make-up should I go bold or light? Well it is my first party, and I don't know a thing about makeup, so I'll just go light.

First, I applied a little concealer, and blended it to make it look natural. Then, I put a thin coat of mascara. And last I add a little bit of lip gloss.

When I finish, I examine myself in the mirror.

Dang.

I actually look decent.

After I finished gawking at myself I went and got the dress. I slid it on and then put on my wedges. I went over to my full body mirror and my jaw dropped. The dress fit me perfectly it made my curves pop out in all the right places.

To be honest I wouldn't believe it was me if I didn't see the familiar brown eyes staring back at me.

Ah crap! I forgot my hair. How did I even do that? I walked to the bathroom quickly and studied myself.

Oh I got it. I'll wand it. Its simple and easy.

I wanded it to perfection.

Now I'm done. I walked back out to my room and looked at the time 6:50. Kale said we are leaving at seven. I walk to my full body mirror and take one last look at myself before heading to Kale's room.

Oh lord.

What is he gonna think of me? Wait, why do I care?

Because you like him!

Oh look who's back!

Yup and better than ever!

I mentally roll my eyes.

Oh look at that! You didn't deny it, you do like him!

My eyes widen and I feel my face flush.

Shut up. Go away!

I'll be back!

And then it was gone. Again.

I sigh deeply and walk to his room. I take a deep breath before I knock.

Here goes nothing!

Now or never!

I prefer never, but we leave pretty soon so it doesn't really make sense, so now, I guess.

I close me eyes, exhale and . . .

knock

knock

Now I just wait, I guess.

About a minute later he came and opened his door.

Damn!

He looks good and he's only in casual wear. He's wearing a black button down and dark jeans. His hair is in it's signature, 'bed hair, don't care' look. And he looks fine as he-

NO! Stop, you can't think like that!

"Hey." He smirks, looking me up and down.

"Hi." I squeak.

Gosh when did I turn into a freaking mouse?

Might as well go live with Mickey.

I clear my throat. "I mean, uh hey what's up dude?" I correct.

Wait, now I'm 'one of the guys?

What is wrong with me?

Why do I get that weird feeling around him?

Why can't I talk properly?

Why can't I answer my own questions?

Ugh, I hate not knowing how to answer anything!

"-hello..Bray? You there?" I get snapped out of my daydream by Kale snapping in my face.

"Huh?" I ask dumbly.

He smirks, amused. "I asked if you were ready to go?"

"Oh yeah. Sure. Let's roll out." I fake enthusiasm.

What is this? Transformers?

He looks at me more amused, if that's even possible, and turns to walk downstairs.

"You look great by the way." He comments over his shoulder. My face flushes red.

Ugh, what is he doing to me?

**********

We arrive at the party in about 15 minutes at the most.

I look at the house, or should I say mansion? Anyway it was HUGE!

The ground was already littered in red solo cups and people were already passed out all around the lawn. Some people were even grinding on each other!

What kind of people like these kind of things? You know maybe it's not to late to turn back . . .

"C'mon you're not leaving this party," Kale says, I think reading my mind. "It's time for you to let loose!" he adds, sending one of his signature smirks my way. I gulp.

"You know? I think I have let loose enough! I um, I got dressed in this, did my makeup, my hair! Yup I'm loose. Maybe we should go? You know, ditch? I haven't done that before, lets try something new. I like new, new is good, new is gre-" I was cut off by Kale's pointer finger over my lips. I stop abruptly.

"Bradley?" Kale says.

"Hmm?" I mumble.

"Shut up!"

Well that was rude! Totally uncalled for!

I glare at him. He has no right to tell me what to do! He isn't my dad! Well on second thought, that's a good thing.

"Bray just calm down, I'm here for you, okay?" He looks me in the eyes.

"I won't let anything happen to you." He promises. I don't know what cursed my body, but I nodded.

"Okay . . .I'm trusting you Kale," I say softly. He gave me the biggest smile of all time when he heard that.

He was genuinely happy.

He grabbed my hand and started dragging me to the house. The nerves started to kick in each step we took.

Oh gosh, here we go . . .

**********

Where am I?

Is the first thing I was thinking. After we entered the house, Kale left me! He said he was going to get a drink, then he never came back.

So, I started to wander around looking for him. I was looking around when a guy came up to me. He looked to be older, maybe in college, and he just looked . . .off.

"Hey, sexy." He greeted. I widen my eyes and gulp.

"Uh hi." I murmur feeling strange. This guy was giving me a weird feeling and not a good one.

"Can I get you a drink?" He asks, smirking.

"Um no thanks, I don't drink." I reply looking everywhere but at him.

"Oh well that's a shame, it'll make this a lot harder." He grins widely. I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Make what har-" I was cut off by him gripping my arm- very hard I might add- and dragging me through this mess of over hormonal teens grinding and eating each others faces off.

"What are you doing?" I ask struggling against his grip.

Not that it helped, he just tightened it!

"We are going to have some fun." His smirk grew wider. And that's when it hit me, he was going to rape me! I started to struggle harder and harder.

It didn't help, he would just grip me harder every time I tried to pull away. I didn't know what to do.

"HEY!!!! What are you doing?" A deep voice yells. Sending chills up my spine.

I look over and it was Kale. I have never been more happier in my life.

"Kale!" I shout, tears blurring my eyes. "Help! Please!" I cry out. He runs over and pushes the guy making him let go of my now, aching wrist.

"Dude! What the hell?" Mystery guy yells. "Do you ruin every ones fun?" He looked mad.

"No. But I am this time." Kale replies calmly but I knew he was beyond pissed.

He grabs my hand to pull me away.

"Oh, I see you want her to yourself." The guys smirks. Kale stops abruptly.

He turns around and I swear if we were a cartoon, steam would be coming out of his ears.

"I don't blame you," He smirks. "Look at that body," He looks me up and down and bites his lip. "Hot as fu-"

Before he could finish his sentence Kale's fist was making contact with his face.

I heard a loud crack.

I think he broke his nose.

I wouldn't doubt it.

The guy brought his hand up to his nose and looked at the blood that now engrossed his palm.

He looked mad!

He brought his fist back and swung at Kale, who swiftly dodged it. Kale pushed me back and swung again, hitting the guys cheek.

I guess that brings us to where we are now. Kale was throwing punch after punch, as well as brown head guy. But brown head guy was failing . . . terribly!

I know he tried to rape me, but this is just sad to watch, he already has a broken nose, and most likely face.

So, I decided to stop it.

"KALE!" I scream. He ignored me.

"STOP!" Ignored again.

What can I say?

Oh I got it!

"If you don't stop I won't talk to you again!" I shout.

Ignored.

Ouch that hurt.

I give up.

"Maybe I should've went with that guy willingly. Jeez!" I say to myself.

He stops all of a sudden. He looked at me, then at his work. He grabbed my hand and started dragging me to his car, I'm assuming.

What's up with people dragging me everywhere, I'm perfectly capable to walk on my own!

"Don't ever say that again!" Kale says darkly. I look at him confused.

"Say what?" I ask.

"That he should have raped you, that was uncalled for!" He scolds me like I'm a child. I pout my bottom lip and cross my arms.

How'd he hear that anyway?

I huff. "You were ignoring me." I state matter-of-factly.

"I don't care, just never again, okay?" He says, sounding desperate. I sigh.

"Okay, boss man." I roll my eyes.

We reach the car and he helps me in. "I'm capable of doing things on my own you know?" I huff.

"I'm not so sure about that anymore." He smirks.

"I don't think a girl like you should allow strangers to drag you around, at a party and not fight back." He says semi-joking.

"I did fight back, for your information, he was just to strong." I defend myself.

"Well that's why you have me," He says all cockily. "Isn't it cupcake?"

Hello lovelies!

*sighs*

Wow!

*deep breath*

This chapter was interesting, huh? It took me FOREVER to write this, but it is finally done! Thank you for reading this far if you have. This book has been so fun to write. I can't wait for the next chapters! Vote and Comment...but only if you want!! BYEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.2K 10
*Discontinued, due to the extreme embarrassment it has become. * "I don't date jerks." I glared at him. He chuckled and pulled me into his arms "The...
18.5M 2.1K 7
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. Yo...
517K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
530 3 29
And there he was. Looking right at me with an astonishment look on his face. His lips parted slightly, his face drained away with no color. His haz...