My Story

By Kasper14

Life isn't easy. Never has been, never will be. If someone tells you their life is easy then they are lying b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 18

10 0 0
By Kasper14

BECKY'S POV

FOUR MONTHS LATER...

The last four months have been good. Sarah had her baby, a boy named Steven. I've managed to keep my job with no problems. Dave and Trinity got married. Andy was dealt with. Plus it's only two months before Liam gets back.

I am currently typing up paper files to add them to the electronic files.

The phone rings and I pick it up, "Miss Woods speaking."

"Could you come to my office, please?" Mr King's voice comes through the phone.

"Of course." I reply and he hangs up.

I stand up before walking to his office. I knock on the door before walking in.

"How may I help?" I ask.

"I have this lunch at my parents tomorrow (Saturday) and I need a date, would you please come with me? I had totally forgotten about it until my sister rang me a couple minutes ago." He asks and I nod.

"I have no problem accompanying you." I answer and he lets out a sigh of relief.

"You're the best, thank you." He says.

"Is that all?" I ask and he nods.

I walk out of the office and go back to my desk. I continue my work, completely unfazed by the fact I am now my boss's date to his parent's lunch tomorrow. 

***************************************************************************************

NATE'S POV

She said yes. I have no problem working with her but going out to my parents with her is different. I like her than more than just my PA but I don't have the balls to do anything about it. It's unprofessional to like your PA than more than that but I can't help it.

It's towards the end of the day so that meant it's closer to the lunch. There's only an hour left of work before I can finally go home.

I must say that Becky is the best PA in the world. She does all her work plus some, she has convinced some decent companies to join under me, she has saved my ass from embarrassment many times, she always makes sure I look my best for meetings and now she's saving me from getting my ass kicked by my parents.

I'm currently trying to find an good reason for this next company to join with me. They are a good company and are doing well meaning I would get more profit from it. Maybe profit was a good reason for them to join.

A knock on my door sounds and I am greeted with the smell of Becky's perfume.

"Miss Woods, how may I help?" I ask, looking up at her.

"I've finished transferring the files so is there anything you need help with?" She asks.

"Take a seat." I say and she nods.

"So, this new company." I start.

"Green Wonders?" She asks and I nod.

"I can't figure out how to get them to join." I state and she smirks.

"Well, the CEO of Green Wonders is looking for ways to spread he doesn't care much for the profit so by explaining how you could help him expand would probably do the job." She explains and I nod.

"Thank you, Miss Woods. I was thinking about explaining the profit but you have just saved me from that. Would you mind organising a meeting?"

"Of course not. Is that all?" 

"Yes after that you may go home." I answer and she nods before standing up and leaving my office.

She had the brains and the body. She's almost perfect, of course not everyone is perfect but she's pretty darn close.

***********************************************************************************************

BECKY'S POV

"Thank you, Mr Green. We look forward to seeing you in a weeks time." I say.

"Thank you as well, Miss Woods. See you then." He replies before hanging up.

I'm now done for the day. How amazing am I?

I pack up all my stuff before walking to Mr King's office. I knock then walk in.

"Sir, I've organised the meeting for a week from now and he agreed quite happily. On Monday I will organise some notes for you to go over." I say and he looks up.

"Well done, Miss Woods. You may go home now." He replies.

"What am I wearing tomorrow for the lunch?" I ask and realisation crosses his face.

"A nice dress, not too fancy but not too casual, and heels. I'll pick you up at 10 tomorrow morning." He answers and I nod.

"I can manage that. Goodnight, sir, see you tomorrow." I say before leaving.

****

NEXT DAY...

I am dressed in a blood red dress that ends just above my knees and hugs all my curves plus it makes my butt look good, then a black cardigan and blood red pumps. I have hair up in high ponytail and I have mascara and red lipstick for make up. 

"Becky, Mr King is here!" Jace yells up the stairs and I grab my black little shoulder bag before going downstairs.

I reach the entrance hall and Mr King's jaw drops making Jace turn around.

"Go change." Jace says and I giggle but shake my head.

"No can do, daddy. I'll see you later." I say before kissing his cheek. I smile when I pull back and there is no lipstick mark. 

I follow Nate out to his Mercedes Benz and hop in the front seat.

"You look great by the way." He comments with a flushed look on his face.

"Thank you, you look good too." I reply with a little giggle.

"Thank you, Miss Woods." 

"You can call me Becky outside of work." I say and he nods.

"Alright and you can call me Nate." He replies and I nod.

"Alright then."

We drive in silence for about five minutes before Nate asks, "What's your favourite colour?"

"Blood red, like my dress and shoes. What's yours?"

"Black."

"That's a shade not a colour but I'll allow it." I say with a giggle.

"It's nice seeing you like this. You usually seem so serious." He comments and I shrug.

"I'm serious about my work but usually I'm just guarded more than serious. I like living in the present rather than dwelling in the past but sometimes you just can't forget the past." I reply.

"So things have happened in your life to make you guarded?" He asks.

"Yes. I haven't always had the best life. Life was great up until I turn 17, after that it went downhill. After things go downhill as steep as what they did with me then it's harder to climb up again. This job is helping me climb up again." I answer. I don't know why I was telling him this stuff but I'm just being honest I suppose. I probably wouldn't tell him the actually events of my life but this is a start.

"Wow, you just continue to become more interesting the longer I know you. Do you know what first drew me to you?" He asks.

"My mean flipping skills?" I joke and he laughs.

"No, your eyes. As soon as you turned around to face me I was hooked just by looking at your eyes." He explains.

"I do love my eyes." I comment and he chuckles.

"My sister has a thing with eyes so she'll probably comment on yours."

"Eyes are interesting, they can hold so much yet hide so much at the same time. They can tell your whole life's story or keep it hidden. They can keep you safe from others or they can give you away. I like to read people's eyes, I can tell a whole person's life just from one look." I explain and he raises an eyebrow.

"How?"

"As you said my eyes draw people in therefore I use that to my advantage and capture a whole person's life and true feelings with one look while they simple like the look of my eyes." I answer and he nods.

"I'm impressed. Did you do that with me?"

"I've done it with every single person I have meet, so yes."

"I wanna test you then."

"All right, you have a younger sister who you love to pieces, a younger brother who is a pain in the ass but you love him anyway, you have both your parents who are proud of what you have accomplished in life. You have always had a behind the scenes difficult life, everyone always saw you as a strong, happy person when underneath the surface you were struggling with the pressures of life. You are waiting for that one girl who will complete you in a sense, someone who will know how to put you in your place and keep you on the straight and narrow. You love challenges because it gives you a good feeling inside when you over come the challenge. You like me as a PA because not only to I do all my work but I intrigue you, I test you, you don't know anything about me but you want to, I'm not like most people, you can't read me easily so you see me as a challenge that you want to accomplish. You want me to continue?" I ask, only to see him driving with his mouth open. 

"You'll catch flies." I comment and he quickly closes his mouth.

"You got all that from my eyes?" He asks.

"That and more but we would be here for hours if I said everything." I answer and he chuckles.

"You're right about all of it though. You could make a lot of money out of that." He comments.

"I could but personally I like being your PA much better than telling people about their lives." I reply and he nods with a chuckle.

"I'm glad." He says and I smile.

About ten minutes later we pull into this long driveway and drive down it for five minutes before a large mansion comes into sight. Impressive.

"I'm surprised your jaw isn't touching the ground." He chuckles.

"I've seen bigger but this is very impressive." I state and he raises an eyebrow.

"You're a very interesting person, Becky." He comments and I nod.

"So you've said." I reply and he chuckles.

He stops the car and turns it off before we both get out. I walk around the car and link my arm through Nate's. He smiles before leading me up to the mansion.

The door opens before we even reach it and a girl about my age comes out with a smile. We stop in front of her and she smiles at Nate before turning to me.

"I love your eyes." She comments and I giggle.

"Thank you, you have lovely eyes as well." I reply and she squeals happily before taking my hand and dragging me into the house.

Nate chuckles before following us into the house.

"Tracey, stop pulling our guest around." A ladies voice scolds and Tracey stops.

"Mum, look at her eyes." Tracey says and I look to see Nate's mum standing with her hands on her hips. She has beautiful blonde hair, green eyes, tan skin, she's fit and stands at 5'8 in height.

"She has beautiful eyes, dear, but you must stop pulling her around." Her mum replies.

"Hi I'm Becky, it's lovely to meet you." I greet with a smile and she smiles back.

"I'm Olivia, it's a pleasure." She replies.

Two other men walk into the room and smile at me. They all look like Nate except Tracey is 5'6 in height, the younger man who I assume is Peter is 6'4 in height and has green eyes while the older man who I'm guessing is Michael is 6'5 in height and older.

"I'm Michael and this is Peter, it's lovely to meet you." Michael says and I smile. I was right.

"Lovely to meet all of you." I reply and they smile.

Nate walks into the room with two glasses of wine and hands one to me.

"Thank you." I say and he nods with a smile.

"Nate, you never mentioned you bringing such a beauty." Peter comments.

"What does it matter?" Nate asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm just jealous now." Peter says and I giggle.

"Better hold onto her tightly, son." Michael says and I giggle again but try to cover it with a cough.

"Is something funny?" Olivia asks.

"No, I'm sorry." I answer, trying to suppress another giggle. They didn't know I was his PA.

"Nate, your girlfriend is very giggly." Tracey comments and I burst out laughing.

They all raise an eyebrow while Nate chuckles at me. 

"Becky isn't my girlfriend." Nate states and his parents raise their eyebrows.

"Then what is she?" Olivia asks.

Nate hesitates in answering so I answer for him, "I'm his PA."

"You brought your PA to a family lunch?" Michael asks, clearly shocked.

"Obviously." Nate answers and I giggle again.

"I think the wine is giggle juice." Tracey comments.

"No I'm sorry, the wine is lovely I just find it amusing that Nate didn't tell you I was his PA." I reply and she nods.

Nate takes my hand before he leads me through the house until we come to the backyard.

"Why didn't you tell them?" I ask as I sip at my wine.

"I only asked you to come last night, I didn't have time to ring and inform them I was bringing my PA." He answers and I giggle.

"I don't mind it's just amusing. Sorry about the giggling and laughing fit, I'm just bubbly today." I reply and he chuckles.

"Don't worry about it. Let's get this party started, with a little less giggling." He says and I nod before linking my arm with his.

Let's do this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6M 201K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
6.3K 581 37
"Not so strong now, huh? " Quiet crying was all I heard. " I won. " ------------------------------------------------ I almost got kidnapped. What a...
6.6K 630 69
Not every book has a hero And not every Fairytale has a prince I am a person just like you Not some force that cannot be hurt My heart can be broke...
48 0 32
A simple girl became one of the strongest woman, named Jules. But that costed her far more than anyone's expectation, losing what she held preciously...