My Story

By Kasper14

Life isn't easy. Never has been, never will be. If someone tells you their life is easy then they are lying b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 17

12 0 0
By Kasper14

BECKY'S POV

DAY OF GRADUATION...

I am currently standing backstage with the two others who are late graduates from last year. I'm excited but nervous because I have so many people her to see me, well it seems a lot. Nick, Sarah, Lachie, Jace, Dave, Trinity, baby Anna, Lucas, Jacob, Max, Clara, David, Derek, Alex, Monica, Mr and Mrs Winters, Mr King and even Bob is here to watch. Chelsea's parents and Derek had all travelled from my home town just to come see me graduate and it makes me feel extra special.

"Miss Rebecca Woods." My name is called out by Mr Peat and I quickly make my way onto the stage. Everyone here for me, minus Mr King, starts cheering and clapping making me smile.

Mr Peat hands me my papers then shakes my hand with a smile. I smile back before making my way to the other side of the stage. Mr Peat calls the other two onto the stage before congratulating all of us. The three of us throw our graduation caps before laughing and hugging each other.

We all make our way down the stage steps and into the crowd where I'm instantly picked up in a hug from Jace.

"My little girl is growing up." He says before kissing my cheek.

"That's what happens, dad." I tease and he flicks my nose before putting me down. I get hugs from everyone before some of them have to leave to get back to work. I wave them off telling them to go while thanking them with huge smiles.

I'm standing with Nick, Sarah, Lachie, Lucas and Jacob when Mr King makes his way over to us.

"Hello everyone. Miss Woods, congratulations." He says and I smile.

"Thank you, Mr King." I reply.

He hands me a folder with some papers in it, "Fill these out and bring them into my office next Monday and I'll let you get started with your new job." He says.

"Thank you so much, sir, I really appreciate this." I reply with a huge smile.

"I look forward to working with you, Miss Woods." He states before bidding us all goodbye and leaving.

"He's hot." Sarah comments and Nick growls while the rest of us laugh.

"He's my new boss." I state and everyone smiles.

"You're going to go far." Nick comments with a smile and I thank him before kissing his cheek.

We all then pile into cars and drive back to mine to celebrate.

****

NEXT MONDAY...

I take a deep breath before getting out of my new black audi convertible that Jace had got me as a graduation present. I walk into the building before giving the receptionist my name. She smiles before leading me up to Mr King's office.

"Just knock and wait for him to call you in, good luck." She says before smiling and walking away again.

I knock on the door and he calls for me to come in. I open the door and walk in before shutting the door behind me. I walk over to his desk and place the folder with the completed papers on it.

He looks up and gestures for me to sit before taking the folder. I sit down and watch as he goes over everything in the folder.

"Very good, Miss Woods. Now, let's go out to your new desk and I'll go over a few things." He says and I stand up. He stands up as well before going to his door and opening it. I follow close behind him as he leads me to an open room with a desk in the corner.

"This is your desk, you will do most of your work from here. This room is for my clients that come to see me. They must have an appointment and when they arrive they must give you their appointment slip. If someone comes to see me without a slip then call me using the phone. I have set up the computer so all you have to do is make a user name and password. In the back room their is the files, sadly my last PA was slack so the file room probably needs to be sorted..." He then continues to explain what I need to do and some rules before letting me make my user name and password then get started on sorting the file room.

I walk into the file room and sigh. Did his last PA do any work? 

I then start sorting the room.

****

Two hours later and I'm done with the file room, it looks clean and organised. I smile proudly before going out to my desk. I open the computer to see a to do list had been emailed to me from Mr King.

Clean file room, confirm up coming appointments, sort out any electronic files, when done with all this come get some papers from me. That was the email.

Well, I've cleaned the file room so now I move on to confirming appointments. I open the appointments diary and see that there are only two up coming appointments, strange. I pick up the phone and press the button that calls Mr King.

"Nate King speaking." He answers.

"Sir, how many appointments do you have for me to confirm?" I ask.

"There should be ten up coming appointments that need confirming." He answers.

"There are only two written in this diary." I explain and he sighs.

"Come to my office then." He says before hanging up.

I stand up then make my way to his office. His door is slightly open so I knock lightly before entering.

"Good. Now I have the up coming appointments written down and their numbers so I need you to copy everything that is in here from this week onward." He states and I nod.

He hands me a diary and I take it from him.

"You may go to your desk for that but bring my diary back when you are done." He says and I nod again before turning to leave.

"You don't talk much do you?" He ask and I turn around with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm sorry?" I ask.

"You haven't really said much in the time you have been here." He states.

"I'm not here to chit chat, sir, I'm here to work." I reply and he nods.

"Alright then but you are allowed to talk, it makes things less tense if we talk to one another." He says and I nod.

"Alright, I can do that. By the way I finished the file room." I say and his jaw drops.

"But that was a bomb site." He comments and I nod.

"Indeed it was but it is fully cleaned and organised now, it only took me a couple of hours." I reply with a slightly shrug and his eyes widen.

"I don't muck around, sir." I state before walking out of the room.

I walk to my desk and start copying all the up coming appointments in my diary.

****

I'm now finished for the day. It's about 5pm and I've done everything on the to do list.

I stand up and walk to Mr King's office with all the papers I had finished before knocking.

"Come in, Miss Woods." He says and I walk in.

"How may I help?" He asks, looking up from his work.

"I've finished." I state.

"All of the papers?" He asks, shocked.

"Everything on the to do list actually but yes." I answer and his jaw drops. He has clearly underestimated me.

"This is so weird, I've never had a PA who could have everything done in one day. That was supposed to be one week worth of work and you are finished all of it in a day." He says before leaning back in his chair.

"I could work slower if it's easier." I say and he shakes his head.

"No, no, it's fine. How good are you at convincing people?" He asks and I smirk.

"It's my speciality." I state and he gets a slightly scared look in his eyes.

There's a knock on the door and Alex walks in.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and he grabs my arm before dragging me out of the office.

"Andy pissed off a vampire and they turned him. Andy is now out for you because you broke his heart." Alex explains and I sigh.

"What am I supposed to do about that?" I ask.

"Be careful and alert until we find him. You need to protect everyone you care for." He answers and I sigh in frustration.

"That is a lot of people, Alex. I have a job now that I'm not to keen on losing." I reply and he nods.

"I'll send some of the warriors out to watch over your family and friends but that's all I can do, you must protect yourself."

"That's fine, I can do that."

"Good." He says before disappearing.

I sigh before walking back to Mr King's office. Mr King raises an eyebrow and I sigh again, this is not my day.

"Sorry about that, sir." I apologise.

"Why did he drag you away like that?" He asks.

"Personal reasons, I'm sorry that they interfered with work hours." I answer.

"Well I need an explanation as to what that was." He says and I sigh before going over and sitting down in front of his desk in one of the chairs.

"I have some personal problems that have now decided they want to make a grand appearance." I say and he nods.

"Are you in trouble?"

"In a way, yes."

There is another knock on the door and I turn around to see Andy standing there with red eyes. I look at Mr King to see him sitting with wide eyes. I stand up before facing Andy.

"You should have just taken me back." Andy hisses.

"You shouldn't have broken my heart." I hiss back.

"I said I was sorry."

"Sorry doesn't fix everything, Andy. Now get out." I hiss but he shakes his head.

"I'm not leaving unless you agree to take me back and be a good little human." He replies and I smirk. He can't tell what I am, he's to young and inexperienced.

"Not happening." I state and he lunges at me. I grab his throat and pin him to the ground. I press on his pressure point and he falls asleep.

I stand up and face Nate who was staring at me with wide eyes, "What the hell just happened?"

"Crazy ex." I mumble as Alex walks into the room and picks Andy up.

"Are you hurt?" Alex asks and I shake my head.

"I don't get physically hurt, you know that." I answer and he nods.

"I know but I was just checking."

"I'm fine, I promise."

"Good then." He replies before carrying Andy out of the office.

"Who is that guy and why does he keep popping up?" Nate asks and I turn around to face him.

"He's like a second father, I suppose. He keeps popping up to keep me safe." I answer.

"What did you mean you don't get physically hurt? Everyone can get physically hurt." He asks and I sigh.

"I'm stronger than most people." I answer and he nods.

"I can see that, you just took down a full grown man by catching him by the throat." He comments and I laugh slightly.

"Sorry about that. Look, a lot of things have happened in my life that I'm sure Andrew already warned you about but I still work hard, I try not to let it interfere with my work. If you don't want me as your PA I suggest you decide now." I state.

"You're right about Andrew but I don't plan on firing you. Today you have proved that you are a hard worker and I can count on you so you still have a job. Please try to keep the crazy ex's out of the building though."

"Thank you, sir, and don't worry, you won't ever see him again." I say and he nods.

"You may go home now, Miss Woods. I'll try find some work for you to do tomorrow." He says while a slightly chuckle and I smile before nodding.

"Thank you, sir. See you tomorrow, have a good night." I say before walking out to get my bag.

I grab my bag before walking down to my car. I hop in and start it before driving home. 

Today was interesting but I'm glad Mr King likes me and doesn't plan on firing  me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 10.1K 17
"I'm not sure if I'm ready yet to find out the hard way how strong I am." Strength isn't always physical. I should know. I have plenty of that. It's...
11.3K 84 12
(18+ recommended but I don't care, read at your own risk) (this story was written so long ago and it's so cringy so read at your own risk. 25JAN22) M...
151K 3.3K 41
I was kidnapped and offered as a Virgin gift to a powerful dangerous unmerciful wicked man in order to pay off a debt. A sexually twisted Demon who...
8.6M 201K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...