The New Boy Next Door.

By LittleLiar_

A spinoff of My New Stepbrother where Mason and Charlie's daughter takes a spin at life when she falls for a... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 5

6.6K 245 29
By LittleLiar_

Needless to say my mom flipped on me when she found out I left Kyle at the ice cream parlor. I had never seen her turn so red, it was ridiculous. I didn't really see what the big deal was, he didn't even want to be there. Besides, I left him with cheerleaders. You'd think he'd be extremely happy. But no, he was upset, and now I have to apologize because the little baby cried to his mom, who then cried back to my mom.

I sighed and lifted my hand to knock on the door. It opened and the face of a very upset Kyle looked back at me. "I'm sorry... for you know, leaving you with the hot cheerleaders. And also for trying to show you around a town that you showed no interest in. Uh yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." I started to walk away but then he grabbed my arm and spun me back towards him. "What?"

"You left me at an ice cream parlor, in a town I barely know, because of hot cheerleaders... and you're mad?" He sounded bewildered and angry at the same time. I shrugged my shoulders and half smiled. "You're a lunatic." I thanked him and walked back into my house. I plopped down on the couch and sighed as I clicked on the TV.

Tomorrow was the first day I would be tutoring Aiden and so far I hadn't been able to shake the nerves. And that bothered me. I was getting all nervous and shaken up over a guy who had a girlfriend. A girlfriend whom he loved by the way. And here I was, freaking out about a stupid tutoring session, that meant absolutely nothing. As I think about it, I had been fawning over the same guy for years and it's prevented me from even thinking about other guys in the same way I think about him, and again, he has a girlfriend, which made me seem like a total idiot.

I sighed again and officially declared myself over Aiden. I knew it wasn't going to be that easy, but I hoped it would make the session tomorrow, a lot simpler. My mom strolled into the living room and I automatically knew what she wanted to talk about. She sat down next to me and smiled. "Did you apologize?" I nodded and focused more on the TV. "Good, because I scheduled a redo!" I shut off the TV and faced my mom. She held her hands up defensively and smiled. "Don't worry. We'll obviously be tagging along, as will his family. Just to make sure, the whole, leaving him at a place in a town he's new to, thing doesn't happen again." I did my best to scowl but I was never really good at being angry, so when I did scowl, my mom only laughed. "We'll be taking their family to the beach for a picnic. And you can spend that time getting to know Kyle. We're going tomorrow after you're done tutoring, so be ready!"

She jumped off the couch, obviously excited about what she had just told me. Me, however, I was not excited one bit. I groaned aloud and then my mom called me to dinner. Dinner went by pretty fast and I was ready to sleep by the time 10 o'clock hit. Tomorrow was going to be an exhausting day, I could already tell. From tutoring the guy I am trying to fall out of love with, to befriending the guy next door. I didn't particularly look forward to either, but at this point, I don't think I had a choice.

My alarm went off earlier than expected and then I figured my mom had changed it again. She's done it before, waited till I went to sleep and then changed my alarm to an earlier time. She thought of it as a "joke" but in reality, it only made me crankier. I sighed and threw the duvet off of me and lugged out of bed. I silently thanked my mom for waking me earlier so that I would have time to mentally prepare for the disaster that is about to be this tutoring session. I mentally prepared an outfit and then quickly showered.

I told Aiden to be here around 8 and at about 7:59, my door bell rang. I smiled and instinctively fixed my hair. I slowly opened the door and frowned as I saw who accompanied Aiden. Cruella De Ville in the flesh. "Aiden... Chloe?" She smiled and a look of dismay crossed Aiden's face. I inwardly laughed and welcomed them both into the house and led them into the dining hall. "Sorry, I asked you to come earlier than we planned, my mom wanted me to go to the beach and bond with the neighbors." He shrugged and sat down at the table with Chloe in desperate tow.

"Um so we never really discussed what you needed help in.." I sat down at the table across from them and pulled out my notes for every class, it's a lot easier to be an over achiever when you take notes... or at least copy them from the girl next to you because you zoned out or fell asleep on the nice, cold desk.

"Everything.." I let out a small laugh and received a glare from Chloe, which only made me laugh more.

Tutoring went by quickly, especially when aunt Maya and Mel came over. We were done by 9:30 and had scheduled another session for next Saturday. Mel was already in my room and packing my beach stuff by the time I got up there. "How was it?" I shirted my shoulders and plopped down on my bed. "Good, bad?" I shrugged again and fell backwards in the pile of clothes Mel had left behind.

"It was a good ol' regular tutoring session Mel. His girlfriend was here and he's having trouble in math." She sighed and I felt the bed sink under her weight. "I'm over it. I promise." She nodded and picked my bag off the floor and threw it at my stomach. I groaned due to the impact and sighed.

Once my mom finished getting Jacob ready, we  were ready to leave out and mom told the neighbors to follow us up to the beach in their car . They smiled and we drove over to the beach, which normally was a fast ride when dad drove, but mom wanted to drive and so we ended up taking the long route. "Charlie, we could've cut this drive a lot shorter if I drove." Dad leaned over in the seat and frowned.

"Mase, do you want to take the wheel? Because I'm driving and I know what I'm doing." He rolled his eyes and I silently giggled in the back seat. We finally made it to the beach and I was the first to jump out of the car and run onto the sand. I unwrapped my bag from around my shoulder and threw it on the ground before stripping my cover up off and dashing off into the water. I had always loved coming to the beach since I was younger. So did my little brother, but he wasn't as into it as I was. I was like a child when it came to the beach.

Mom and dad setup the blankets and picnic baskets and Jacob and Kyle's little sister started on their sand castles. I splashed around in the water for a few more minutes before getting out and going to sit in the sand beside the blanket. Kyle came and sat next to me and frowned. I rolled my eyes and kicked the sand in front of me and he laughed. "What's funny?"

"Nothing, except that you threw a fit when I sat down, and I should be the one who is mad, except I'm not.." he picked up a fistful of sand and let it slide through his fingers and back onto the ground. "I accept your apology.. from yesterday." I nodded and stood up from the sand and dusted off my lower body. "Going back?"

"Actually no. I'm going somewhere else." he nodded and stood up. "Uh, what are you doing?" he smiled.

"I'm coming with you. You wanted to show me the town, then show me what's more interesting than this beautiful beach." He smiled and I told my parents that we were going to explore more. I followed the route my parents had shown me plenty of times and ended up at the exact spot they shared their first "real" kiss. Whatever that meant.

The lake and it's surrounding area was as magical as always. I smiled and dived head first into the cold water and sighed as the serene water immediately calmed me. I came back above water and smiled over at Kyle who was staring the tree with my parents initials carved in it. "This is where they came for my dad's 18th birthday and this is where he proposed 2 years later after they graduated. I come here whenever I get the chance to or whenever I am feeling sad. It's so quiet here so I always get the chance to think." He glanced around and located the tree where I carved my name in last year.

"Anna the great?" he laughed aloud and walked over towards lake and sat down crossed legged.

"Coming in?" I smiled slightly forming a plan in my head. Kyle looked like he had no intention of actually touching the water and he still had his normal clothes on. I swam closer to the land and smiled. "Or maybe, just a splash." I splashed water onto him and he gasped aloud.

"YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT. YOU ARE TOTALLY GOING TO PAY." he snatched off his shirt and dove into the water but I was already in the middle of the lake trying to swim further away. He caught up quickly and picked me up by the waist. I screamed as he threw me into the water. The impact hurt like a bitch but I quickly recovered and swam up to throw more water in his face.

We threw water back and forth and then he grabbed my hands to stop me. I tried to squirm away but he only held my hands tighter. He was laughing and I think that was the first time I heard really laugh since I met him and it was sort of contagious. I squirmed a little more before he pulled me closer to dunk me under again. I faced forward to try and work my way out of it and stopped as I came in contact with his skin.

He was warm and I never really noticed how tan he was until now. I took a moment to gravel at his abs before looking up at his face. He was staring at me and I felt my cheeks warm up because he had just caught me checking him out. His eyes sparkled and I figured it was time to go back to the beach with my parents. I wriggled out of his grasp and jumped out of the water. "We should head back... I'm a little hungry."

He nodded and got out of the lake and followed me as I led the way back. I sighed to myself and inwardly slapped me for staring at the hot guy in the lake. And again for calling Kyle hot.

I hate boys.

-
Hi! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and more importantly are enjoying the book as a whole. Your feedback means the most to me so if you notice something feel free to help me correct it. Or if you love something, help me by telling me. I write for you guys to enjoy it!!

Comment, Share, & Vote (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 32K 27
Falling For The Wrong Guy Is Sort Of A Typical Thing, But When You Fall For Your Soon To Be Stepbrother... It's A Little Confusing. But What If He Wa...
54.1K 1.1K 37
Once Kenna Wellington's stepbrothers come into her life, crazy can't even begin to explain it. Her life was totally fine with her two best friends an...
5.9K 69 20
**Completed** *Now Editing* A Brent Rivera Fan fiction Struggling with facing the facts about friends moving. Fake relationships High school starti...
154 0 22
when the boy falls for the adopted boy. but what happens when he introduces him to his friends