Metal Birds?

By MightBeADemon

Clint's fist hit the wall with surprising strength, considering he had spent the last few days fighting robot... More

Hello!
1: Impossible
2: Why?
3: X-Ray Magic
5: This is Your Captain Speaking
6: Coloring Books
7: Haircut Day
8: Up
9: Happy Holidays
10: Six Long Months
11: Birthday Parties And Unexpected Surprises
12: Spider-Kid
13: The Patriot and the Mechanic
14: Dreams
15: That Nervous Buzz
16: Vacation, Bitch
17: Wedding Dates
18: Some Things Are Just Not What They Seem
19: Regrets
20: Almost Better

4: Lack of Burrtios Makes Clint Sad

2K 118 40
By MightBeADemon

"Steven," Clint called, wheeling into the kitchen. "Where are the burritos?"

"What are you talking about?" Steve questioned. "Nobody made burritos."

"WHAT? HE LIED TO ME!"

"Who?"

"SAMUEL WILSON, WHERE ARE YOU?" Clint roared, rolling out of the kitchen. Steve looked at him as he left and shrugged, going back to making himself a sandwhich. Sam popped out from behind the fridge, laughing.

"Oh man, that was so funny," he said, hopping up to sit on the counter.

"What did you do?" Sam shrugged.

"I sort of told him that you were making burritos for lunch. You aren't. He's pissed."

"Well, why did you tell him I was? If you want burritos, I can make some," Steve offered, being the nice guy that he was. Sam waved him off.

"No, I'm fine. It was Clint who wanted the burritos anyway. I guess I'll make him something to make up for it..." Sam stopped, realizing he didn't really know how to make anything but toast and omlettes, plus a good steak. "Uh, Steve, how do I make food?" Steve sighed and grabbed a cook book.

"Well Sam, let's get cooking."

~~~

"BURRIOTS, BITCH!" Sam yelled, setting the large platter of delicious looking Mexican food on the table. Clint wheeled around the corner and nearly slammed into the table, he was going that fast.

"PIETRO SLOW DOWN!" he screamed. Oh, that was why. He jumped out of the wheelchair and took a seat at the big wooden table, grabbing a paper plate and a burrito and instantly chowing down. "I still have to beat you up," he reminded Sam through a mouthful of food.

"But I made you burritos!" Steve crossed his arms and glared at Sam. "I helped Steve make you burritos!"

"After you LIED TO ME."

"It seems that the lack of burritos made Clint sad," Pietro commented, taking a burrito for himself.

"Lack of burritos does make Clint sad," Clint answered in third person. "Clint also gets mad at Sam when Sam LIES ABOUT BURRITOS!"

"I WAS ONE TIME!"

"That's all I need," said Clint suspiciously, taking another bit of his burrito.

"For what?" Sam asked cautiously, genuinely confused.

"To know that I can't trust you ever, especially when it comes to food."

"Okay, rude."

"You kind of deserve it," Steve added, grabbing a burrito.

"What? My own man, turning against me? What is this?"

"You did lie to him," Pietro reasoned. "These burritos are good."

"Thanks," Steve said with a grin, taking a bite of his own. "They are good!"

"I helped!" Sam exclaimed, snatching a burrito and taking a bit. "Shit, man, they are good!"

"I know," Steve mumbled through a mouthful of food. Clint and Pietro sat and ate their burritos while Steve and Sam stood on the other side of the table, eating their own burritos. Natasha entered the room and walked to the table, grabbing a burrito and a plate before retreating to her room.

Clint finished up his burrito just as his phone began ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket and held it up to his ear, yawning. "Hello? Laura! Hi, how are you?" He groaned. "Ugh, really? Do I have to?" he whined. "Fine, fine, I'll come. I'm bringing a friend, though, and Nat. Yep. Uh-huh. Yeah, sure. Okay. I'll be there. Bye. Yup. See you later. Bye."

"Laura?" Steve questioned.

"My sister. You met her, remember?"

Steve nodded as he remembered. "Oh right. Farm house. Children."

"Yep. That's my little sister. She wants me to go down to watch the kiddos for her while she visits a friend. I'm taking the fast one and Nat with me."

"Why me?" Pietro asked, setting the rest of his burrito on his plate and couching slightly as he struggled to swallow the food. Clint shrugged.

"You're helpful and the nuggets wanted to meet you."

"The nuggets?"

"My niece and nephews, Lila, Cooper, and Nate. They wanted to meet you, so I'm dragging you along with me." He grabbed his phone again and dialed a number, holding the device up to his ear. "Tash, we're visiting the nuggets later. Laura wants me to watch them while she visits someone. We're bringing the speedster," he said into the phone.

"I'm the 'speedster' now?" Pietro questioned, elbowing Clint just below the ribs.

"It makes sense," the American replied with a shrug, ending the call and tucking the phone in his pocket. "So, go get packing. We're leaving at five." Pietro nodded and ran off. He returned a few minutes later with a suitcase. "Put it by my jet." Pietro ran off again.

"It's not your jet, Clint," Steve reminded him.

"Barely anyone else uses it, so it's mine," Clint reasoned.

"That's not how property works," Steve retorted, finishing off his second burrito.

"I'm bringing three of those burritos when I leave, by the way."

"Alright." Clint hobbled out of his chair and into the wheelchair.

"Save three for me."

"Alright." Clint nodded and rolled out of the room. Steve turned to look at Sam and chuckled at the look on his face. "You know he's not actually mad, right?"

"He seemed pretty mad," Sam mumbled. Steve laughed.

"That's just Clint, man. He never gets really mad, especially about food. That'd be sad. We'd have t kick him off the team," Steve joked.

"What? I can't be the only bird," Sam exclaimed jokingly. They both laughed for a while, eventually settling down. "Hey, you heard from Stark since he left?" Steve shook his head.

"Nope. I think he took Pepper on vacation somewhere. Why?"

"I don't know. I figured you two would have talked since," replied Sam with a shrug.

"Why do you think that?"

"Dude, are you serious?" Steve looked at him with a questioning gaze. "You're his favorite. Yeah, Bruce is his best friend, but we all know Tony likes you best." Steve shook his head.

"Impossible. Stark hates me." Sam gave him a look. "Well, maybe he doesn't hate me, necessarily, but he sure as hell acts like it."

"Stark's that kind of guy. You've heard about his family. He had trouble for like, ever, and he only acts like that because he doesn't want to be walked over. A lot of people do that, actually."

"Do what?"

"Act like dicks so they can protect themselves." Steve nodded, finally understanding.

"And then there's guys like you, who act like teddy bears 24/7."

"Hey!"

"Hay is for horses, Sam," reminded Steve. Sam huffed.

"You're a dick, Steven. An absolute dick." Steve shrugged.

"What can I say? I'm only trying to protect myself," he joked, grinning. Sam shook his head, but chuckled lightly anyways.

***

Hello! It's me once again. I'm alive! How crazy is that? Are you enjoying the story? I hope so.

I'm sorry that it's been a while, but I'm kinda busy with school and friends and family and my other fic. I'll try to update sooner, but I don't know.

If you don't follow and/or stalk me, then you should go check out my other fanfic(s). I have one in progress still, but it's superfamily and spideypool and hawksilver and it's quite good.

I also have this other (completed) kind of joke fanfic about Poot (if you don't know her, Google is a great tool). Please read both and laugh.

COMMENT
VOTE
SHARE
SCREAM IF YOU WANT
WHO CARES? NOT ME

Have a nice day!

Peace out, my nuggets

-MBAD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 1.1K 35
Peter, deaf since five, has gone through a life of heartaches. The nail into the coffin is the unfortunate death of Aunt May. Peter is suddenly trust...
50.5K 1.6K 33
"Clint Barton, you have twenty days, twenty-three hours, and fifty-nine minutes to live." Stubborn as usual and sick as a dog, Clint Barton, also kno...
26.1K 782 47
A Clint Barton x OC Avengers Fanfic. After getting mind controlled by Loki, the last place Clint Barton wants to be is SHIELD headquarters. Stuck ins...
81 10 14
Cara Barton wants to save the world, just like her dad, alongside the Avengers, but she fears what she has to leave behind in order to become a hero...