The Infinite White

By Hayley_JayD

*Edited Lily was scorned by her Mate, after returning home to her family and the troubles she thought she lef... More

Authors Note
Chp. 1 - My Mate's Alternative
Chp. 2 - Last Straw (Edited)
AUTHORS NOTE
Chp. 3 - Senior Year
Chp. 4 - Missing You
Chp. 5 - Different States of Emotion
Chp. 6 - The Confrontation
Chp. 7 - I forgive, But won't forget
Chp. 8 - Lose Control
Chp. 9 - Accepting
Chp. 10 - Love Triangle
Chp. 12 - Clearing the air
Chapter 13 - Vulnus
Chp. 14 - Unexpected Arrival
Chp. 15 - Broken Dance
Chp. 16 - The Mighty Have Fallen
ATTENTION READERS!
Chp. 17 - Awaken
Chp. 18 - My Turn
Chp. 19 - The Warrior Inside
Chp. 20 - Moves and Counter Moves
Chapter 21 - Trust Me
Chapter 22 - The Mystery of Julian
Hey Guys!
Chapter 23 - Memorial Hill
Chapter 24 - Little Wolf
Chapter 25 - Two Steps Behind
Chapter 26 - Infinite White
Chapter 27 - Delta
Chapter 28 - The Clearing
Chapter 29 - The Escape
Chapter 30 - Broken and Bruised
Chapter 31 - Revelation
Chapter 32 - The Birds, The Bugs & The Breeze
Chapter 32 - The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Chapter 33 - Ascension
Chapter 34 - Pledge Allegiance
Chapter 35 - Peace Treaty
Chapter 36 - Seek the Truth
Chapter 37 - Gag Order
Chapter 38 - From the light of Today to my death Tomorrow
Chapter 39 - The Head and the Heart
Chapter 40 - No-Mans-Land
Chapter 41 - Decisions
Chapter 42 - Change Fate
Chapter 43 - Painless
Chapter 44 - Howls on the Wind
Chapter 45 - Truth at a funeral
Chapter 46 - I Chose You
Chapter 47 - Silver Eyes

Chp. 11 - The Hunters

12.9K 303 8
By Hayley_JayD

Everything had been turned upside down, what I wanted was to go for a simple run through the forest and not have put up with tangled web that is my life. But no, I didn't get that did I, instead I got four hulking guys on quad bikes, chasing me with crossbows, I was fast but they were catching up, I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep it up.

Focusing on my speed even though I have no idea how fast I am going, but i'm pretty sure it's the fastest i've ever gone before. My legs were aching and threatening to burst into flames, I could imagine my lungs bright red as they tried to evenly pull air in and push it out. I stared ahead, I just needed to drive them away from the pack house, cross the border line and the other state pack will deal with them. Feeling the arrow go through my leg, I face plant into the sticks and leaves, breaking a few bones on the way. Rolling down the embankment, before plunging into the nice cool water.

**********

Rolling onto my side, I feel wet, looking around I groan at the pain in my leg, looking down I see the arrow that the hunter lodged into my calf. Spinning my head around I stretch my hearing to see if the hunters are still in the area, my nose and my ears tell me they're long gone. 
How long have I been out? 

About four hours.  she answered.

"Four hours?" I yelled in shock. Reaching down I snap the head of the arrow off, preparing myself for pain, I quickly pull the end of the arrow back out of my leg, clenching my teeth in pain. I knew it would take a while to heal, seeing as my leg healed around it. 

"Where are we?" 

We're close to the pack house. Looking around I don't see any significant landmarks, no smells that told me where I was, then I realised, the water. The water blocks out scents and since I was covered in it and lying on the bank of a river I was a bit out of luck. 

With my clothes all wet I was freezing,even with the added heat of being a werewolf being in water for long periods of time can drop our heart rate severely. I could feel myself begin to shiver and that was not a good sign. 

Getting up I start to walk, needing to get my heart rate back up even though my leg had a massive hole in it. Until I get my heart rate up the wound will heal slowly and painfully, breaking into a light jog I knew that transforming into my wolf was all but impossible now.

Struggling with every step I take the fear starts to set in, my hearing was out so the hunters could be anywhere, I have to warn the others, we haven't had hunters in this area for two hundred years. Making more noise than I should have been I have never felt more vulnerable in my entire life, never have my wolf senses failed me and never have hunters ever been a threat in this state.

The shivering refused to stop no matter how hard I pushed, so I just gave up, stopping I hug myself hoping to trap some warmth until I assumed the fetal position, I could feel my wolf slipping away, her voice was faint, I had no idea what was happening but I was afraid, for the first time in my life, fear ruled me and it stopped me from doing anything.

*******

"Lily!" I open my eyes, how long I have been lying in the forest I don't know but I was still freezing and she was gone, no noise or movement came from inside of me.

"Lily!" my name was called again, shivering I managed to sit up and place my back against the trunk of an oak tree,

"He-Herrre" I managed to semi-shout into the distance, my leg was worse, I might have been poisoned and with the low heart rate of my body it is unable to fight it. Kyle comes running into view and I was never happier to see him in my life.

"Shit" he cursed when he saw the state I was in, I must look so vulnerable in his eyes, a way I never like looking. "Alpha Knight has had wolves out looking for you for hours" he touched my skin and my head,

"You're freezing Lil" he whispered.

"I can't feel her" I mumble, completely ignoring Kyle, but I couldn't ignore him when he hugged his bare chest to mine, somewhere along the way he had taken his shirt off and now he was taking mine off,

'W-what are y-you d-dooing?" I asked and hate myself for not being able to talk properly.

"We need to get your wet stuff off and warm you up" he explained, not that I had much of a choice he practically ripped my shirt to get it off and my shorts, leaving me in just my bra and panties, before slipping his shirt over my head that was like a baggy shirt dress on me and craddled me against his chest.

"I have to get you home" he whispered into my ear.

"No, to Alpha Knight, I neeeed to telllll him-m some-thing" I could feel the heat from Kyle's body radiate off him and into me, goosebumps rose to my skin, from the sheer pleasure of being this close to him. He craddled me close and tight against his chest as he ran, anybody watching would think I weighed less than a feather.

We arrived at the pack house, faster than a human and a bit slower than a full werewolf, but I was starting to get some feeling back into my hands and my knees stopped aching.
Racing with me inside there was a congregation of wolves in the foyer,

"Lily" I heard my dad shout pushing through the rest of the wolves, Cooper and Holden right behind him, Alpha Knight standing on the stairs just staring.

"Where'd you find her?" Holden said through clenched teeth,

"A couple of yards away from the river, she was soaked, freezing and, she said she can't feel Her anymore" everybody's eyes widened in shock, Luna Knight stepped forward and was directing Kyle upstairs,

"I should take her home" I heard my dad say, my mind growing fuzzy and my eye lids closing,

"No, do that and the damage could be unrepairable. We need to get her warm now and stay in the house, she said she needed to tell Alpha Knight something".

*****

Snapping awake I'm not in Holden's room like usual, I'm in one of the guest rooms of the Pack House, with six pairs of eyes on me.

Lily. I hear the faint words of my wolf, I nearly burst into tears feeling her and hearing her again but I contain myself, looking from one person to the next.

"How do you feel, sweet heart?" Luna Knight is the first one to speak,

"Warmer" I smile and that brings a smile to everyone's face,

"What happened, Honey?" my dad asked trying to sound calm but I could see in his eyes we was freaking out,

"Yeah, you were just going for a run, and five hours later, Kyle finds you soaking wet, freezing and barely conscious" Holden was anxious, looking at his face he wanted to know more than anything if I was alright.

"I did go for a run, but then I was attacked" Holden's eyes grow dark,

"A rogue?" Cooper asked trying to keep the disdain out of his voice,

"No" I answer, trying to get up the nerve to tell them,

"Well what then?" Kyle said exasperated,

"Hunters" I answer and it's met with silence,

"Hunters?" I could tell he didn't believe me, none of them believed me,

"Lily, Hunters haven't been here for nearly two hundred years" Alpha Knight spoke up,

"I know, I first suspected Hunters in town when I saw Taylor at the ice-cream parlour" I looked at Cooper and he nodded in recognition of that day.

"His father knew who I was, he said that he didn't want his son hanging out with the likes of me, when I asked him what he meant by that, he said 'A werewolf'. I wasn't going to jump to conclusions, he could have been introduced to our world in a number of different ways. But I was running, then all of a sudden, there were quads behind me, I ran and ran but I couldn't escape, one of their arrows shot my leg and that's when I rolled into the river. Only hunters use arrows because they know we can't heal until it's removed, I'm telling you now, that they are Hunters, they've returned and they were hunting me"

Alpha looked at me and realised that I was telling the truth, I was freaked out and I knew what I saw, I knew I had to get Taylor alone, his dad was one of them and I had to find out if he was one too.

The pack's doctor took a look at my leg and said when my heart rate gets back to normal my body will fight the infection but it may take a while for me to recover. So had everybody fussing over me for the next couple of days until I was fine and could go home, dad wanted to come get me but I told him Amber would be and we would be going to meet Taylor, but I had to be inconspicuous, his dad couldn't find out and have a chance to kill me again.  

_________________________________________

Hey guys! It's been crazy lately, sorry this chapter is so short, to be honest I couldn't really get into it, I wanted it be exciting and add more of Kyle into the mix but it hasn't done anything for me. I'll make sure the next chapter is better.

Vote and Comment

Hugs and Kisses xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 525 8
HIS DESTINED MATE -- PUBLISHING He wasn't her mate, and she would never allow herself to be tied down to a man she could never love. She wanted a fa...
421K 9.8K 26
when sasha a very powerful werewolf who has had her heartbroken and lost her pack comes across a new pack and her possible mate who need her help wil...
311 19 23
Elaine's entire life was a lie. Who the hell would lie to someone for this long? Her parents, that's who. She grew up thinking that she was one creat...
98 25 25
Lily's been through a lot. Her 16th birthday was a night to forget. There's a coven plotting something big and she is stuck in some prophecy that she...