Notice (Hiro Hamada x Reader)

By precisely_realityxxx

"I know who he is. I just don't acknowledge him." (Y/N) (L/N) was a thirteen-year-old kid prodigy, already in... More

Chapter (1): Another Kid Prodigy
Chapter (3): You Just Got Served
Chapter (4): A Little Cliché
Chapter (5): Making Future Plans
Chapter (6): Behind the Bookshelf

Chapter (2): Great Exuberance

5.2K 164 264
By precisely_realityxxx

Introducing Haruhi Suzumiya from the anime, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya," as Haruhi Watanabe (har-ru-hee ✦wat-ta-nah-bay).

* * *

Dang it, locked again.

You stood in front of the door to your first period class, (least favorite class), which was locked again as usual. Your teacher never got to school on time, so you always spent homeroom roaming the halls to kill time before she finally showed up. What was there to complain about? You hated (least favorite class) anyway.

The other kid prodigy on the other hand would wait and wait in front of the door all by himself until your first period teacher showed up. He would always find some way to occupy himself by finishing up homework or just sitting there and pretending to be doing something so he didn't look like a loner.

You walked around the hallways with your earbuds stuffed down in the pocket of your (F/C) hoodie, avoiding walking too far from the classroom before the bell rang. Of course, all eyes were glued onto you as you avoided making eye contact with anybody.

"Isn't she that thirteen-year-old that skipped a bunch of grades?", you heard someone whisper as you walked past the crowd of students.

You ignored it. You picked up your pace before you could hear them whisper even more things about you. Why did you care anyway?

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!", you heard a familiar voice call out from all the way at the end of the hallway, loud enough for everyone at their lockers to hear, "Wait right there! I'm coming!"

It was Haruhi Watanabe.

You were pretty sure she considered you as a friend, but you only considered her as no more than an acquaintance. You could guarantee by next year, she won't even want to be friends with you since each year you lost all of your friends anyway.

Haruhi Watanabe was a fourteen-year-old freshman that just so happened to be in the same gym class and lunch period as you. With her being all energetic and bubbly almost all the time, your "friendship" with her began after noticing you eating alone at lunch and doing all the exercises at gym by yourself.

You remembered thinking the first time you met her, Who wears yellow Converse?

Haruhi scurried down the hallway, accidentally bumping into people and repeatedly apologizing to them. You noticed she was wearing a salmon-colored tank top, covered up with a zipped-down, black hoodie with the sleeves pulled up, along with white skinny jeans and yellow high-top Converse. Her short, brown hair and the yellow ribbons that were tied in it bounced around above her shoulders as she quickly approached you.

"Morning, (Y/N)!", Haruhi exclaimed as soon as she finally caught up to you.

How is this girl not out of breath from just running down the hallway?

"You look like you have a lot of energy today," you replied as you watched Haruhi wipe the sweat of her forehead with the back of her palm.

"Hey, what's wrong with having great exuberance?", Haruhi said as she showed off an excited grin, "All of these kids look gloomy every morning! Someone around you has got to have some positivity, otherwise, this school would be filled with walking zombies."

"Well, that's cause people like you actually get a full eight hours of sleep," you remarked with a yawn shortly after.

"Homework kept you up late again?"

You nodded.

"Aww, you poor little thing!", the yellow-Converse-girl replied as she patted the top of your head, "Want me to buy you some coffee from the cafeteria?"

"No thanks, I'll be fine," you answered as looked up at one of clocks hanging on the wall above the lockers, "Looks like the bell's about to ring. See you later."

"Wait!", Haruhi exclaimed as she lightly tugged on the hood of your (F/C) pullover hoodie, stoping you from walking away.

"When are you finally going to talk to him?", she asked in almost a whisper.

Ever since you had told Haruhi about you and Hiro Hamada being kid prodigies, she totally flipped after hearing you haven't talked to him once all of these years. According to yellow-Converse-girl, people regret not being friends with someone after they're gone. So basically, she was saying you and the other kid prodigy should become friends before the two of you graduate and never see each other again.

But I live insanely close to him. Unless he moves out.

"Ugh, why do you enjoy bringing him up so much?", you shot back as you rubbed your tired, (E/C) eyes, "Me and the other kid prodigy weren't meant to be friends. Just because he's another kid prodigy like me doesn't mean it's mandatory for us to have some kind of stabilized friendship."

"Well, have you ever thought about what you two might have in common?"

"Yes. Nothing."

"Oh come on! There's gotta be something! Didn't you say both of you like robotics?"

"He botfights. That's basically just fake robotic skills."

"Hey, you can't just judge a book by its cover," Haruhi exclaimed as she twirled her finger in the air, "You never know what other things he might like. One of those things could be something you like and boom!---you two have something in common besides being super smart!"

Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Whelp, looks like I have to go," you pointed out as the bell rang and the relief came in from Haruhi's blabbering on about the other kid prodigy coming to a stop, "See you third period."

"Alright, right back at ya!", Haruhi shouted as he began to run down the hall to her classroom, "And don't forget what I said!"

Why does this girl always have to yell?, you thought as you watched Haruhi disappear into the crowd of people clogging up the hallway.

The classroom was half empty as you walked into your first period class, where your teacher was still typing up today's (least favorite class) notes on the smart board. Everyone else was just about to walk in from wandering the halls as you sat down in your seat, three desks down from the other kid prodigy's.

You noticed the other kid prodigy sitting in the front row, doodling the pages in his (least favorite class) binder with a mechanical pencil. Everyday when you walked in the classroom, you always noticed the other kid prodigy pushing down on the end of the pencil to get more lead out of it and brushing scrap eraser shavings onto the ground. Whatever he was drawing in there next to his notes, he sure was attached to it.

That's another thing you almost forgot about. According to some of his "friends", the other kid prodigy liked to doodle in his binder whenever he was bored or just had nothing to do, which is probably would he does while waiting for your first period teacher to arrive.

The other kid prodigy's "friends" have said that he had never showed anyone what he drew in his binder. Apparently, they were all top secret, which you highly doubt they actually were.

You liked to doodle as well, except you were so attached to each and every one of your drawings like the other kid prodigy probably was. Whenever you got bored in (least favorite class) class, or any class in general, you would draw little patterns and flowers with your (F/C) gel pen all around your notes.

You had to admit, you did wonder every once in a while what doodles and drawings lied within the other kid prodigy's binder.

* * *

I decided to use the character, Haruhi Suzumiya, from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", since I love her energetic and demanding personality in the anime. For my OCs, I'm just gonna use anime characters as their looks and just change their names, personalities, and the way they dress just so you guys can visually see what the OCs look like.

Oh, and I'm sorry if you wear yellow Converse. Please don't be offended.

Anyway, hope you guys all have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow and a safe Black Friday if you're going shopping tomorrow evening or at like one in the morning!

*I do not own the concept designs of the anime characters.*

~Mia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.5K 26
Y/n was a 14 year-old prodigy who lived a happy life with her parents, aiming to get to her dream college, SFIT, also known as the San Fransokyo Inst...
117K 4K 39
Who would have known that at the age of 14, you would have been facing great tragedies? With your father dead and your mom left severely depressed an...
20.1K 416 41
H I R O H A M A D A Is there a thing not to like about him? Not only being the youngest prodigy at SFIT, Big Hero 6's leader, and also he played a h...
755K 28.4K 35
"I'll never be what you want me to be." Hiro Hamada has been forced to grow up too soon. At the age of thirteen, he graduated high school. He went r...