For Us Demigods

By not4typicalwriter

Three wars. Three wars, they've gone through. You'd think it'd be enough for them. It's more than enough. It... More

Prologue
Parent Teacher Conference
Bigger On The Inside
One Extremely Long Year
At Least They're Alive
Not Entirely Bad, At Least.
Crime Fighting and Relationships
San Fransisco Senior High School Date Night Home Coming
What's Going On?
The Swimming Competition
Poker, Blackjack, and- Strip Poker?
The San Fransisco Terror
The Seven 7 Clover Casino
Halloween, Presidio Style
Sick Day
Override
Family- Problems?
It's A Good Life
Winter Break!
Spread The News
The Worst Birthday
The Vows
The Bracelet
Temper Tantrum and Meditation
Metaphorically
Lucky Strike
Difference is Good
Enjoy The Weirdness
Valentine's Day
Whatever Happens
No More School
We're Cleared
Borders and Mayhem
The Gods Conference
Like a Father
The Press Conference
Enjoy Your Stay
Pentagon
Stay Safe
The Protector
As Long As We're Together
Undercover
The Army of Chaos
What Family Means
A/N

The Woman You Came Back For

5K 142 79
By not4typicalwriter

Third Person's POV

"This is stupid I tell you."

"Shut up Nico." Leo said.

"She's my sister." Nico said.

"She's gonna love it." Leo said.

"I don't think she's going to like us disappearing for the entire day." Bianca said.

"Shut up Bianca." Leo said.

"Don't talk to my sister that way." "Don't talk to my girlfriend that way." Nico and Connor said at the same time.

"Oh gods there's two of 'em." Travis mumbled.

"Shut up." Connor and Nico said at the same time.

Connor and Nico looked at each other and took a step further away from each other.

"Leo. I feel really bad not saying happy birthday!" Piper came to the boys whining. "She's my maid of honor! She's been helping me pick nail polish, and I haven't even said happy birthday!"

"Hold it out for a couple more hours!" Leo said. "Let me just fix up everything."

"HOURS?" Frank said. "I can't spend anymore hours not saying happy birthday to Hazel. Are you kidding?"

"Zhang-"

"She is way too nice to even mention that today's her birthday!" Jason added up.

"Trust me. I know her." Leo said.

"Better than me?" Frank said.

"I need a few hours to make Hades Pluto." Leo said.

"What." Percy said. "You're inviting Pluto. Hazel loves uncle H."

"Well I don't think it's gonna work anyway." Leo mumbled. "So scratch that out."

"Leo." Annabeth said. "I can't do this."

"Hold it Annabeth." Leo said.

"I can't!" Annabeth said. "She way to nice!" She sneered.

"You think?" Piper said.

"Guys!" Thalia yelled. "Don't leave me alone with Hazel, everything reminds me of birthday! She was saying how my wedding is so close to my birthday and I feel like a terrible person!"

"Hang on." Percy said. "If we're all here. Who's with Hazel?"

The demigods shared a look before the girls started pushing each other out of their hiding space.

If you're wondering what is happening, I'll tell you now. If you're not wondering, listen anyway.

It's the 17th of December, and it's Hazel's birthday. The idea was-

Well, Leo's idea was to pretend like everyone forgot it and wait until dinner to surprise her with a party.

But Hazel is Piper's maid of honor, and they can't spend a day not preparing for the wedding, which was a week away.

"She's gone." Thalia said.

"She's-" Piper said. "Is she hiding? Is she upset? Oh gods I'm a terrible friend."

"Where- She- I-"

"Hey...?" Hazel called.

The three girls turned around with a sigh.

"Look who I found." Hazel smiled.

"Zöe Nightshade." Thalia said. "What-" She chuckles nervously. "-are you doing here?"

"I heard you're getting married, and while I'm not fond of weddings, I had to come." Zöe smiled. "You're marrying blondie."

"Blondie." Annabeth laughed. "That's what he is."

"Hot piece of ass." Zöe said. "That's what Max always says."

"Max?" Thalia said.

"He's our neighbor in Elysium." Zöe said. "He lives with his boyfriend. Nathan."

"Both your and Luke's neighbors..?" Thalia asked again.

Thalia felt a pang of jealousy that felt so unfamiliar to her. But it's not just jealousy, it's insecurity. All the years she had been a hunter, She thought Luke was dead. He was. But he wasn't alone.

"Shorty in the house!" Luke yelled. "You came!"

"Shut up chicken legs." Zöe replied.

"Am not!" Luke scoffed.

"I didn't know you two were best friends." Piper said.

"This girl?" Luke said. "Oh I hate her." He laughed.

"Sure you do pretty boy. Sure you do." Zöe said.

"Well, your highness." Luke said. "I believe, he have some catching up to do. So how about, we go get latte like Nath usually makes."

"Well." Zöe said. "Hang on. Aren't you supposed to prepare for your wedding?"

"I think I'm done for the day?" Luke looked over to Thalia.

"Yeah. Sure." Thalia's lip thinned. "Knock yourself out."

"Cool." Luke kissed Thalia's cheek. "Race you to the coffee shop?"

"Don't even try fledgling." Zöe said. "I know you got your daddy's speed and I don't even know where the shop is."

"Fine." Luke said. "But you're no fun!"

Zöe laughed and bumped Luke on purpose as they walked towards the doorway.

"Are you-" Piper said. "-okay with that?"

"Yeah." Thalia managed to swallow the lump in her throat. "I'm fine. Of course I'm okay with that, why wouldn't I be okay with that?"

"You're rambling." Annabeth said.

"Yeah. And you're pregnant. What's your point?" Thalia said. "I'm fine. I'm fine. Of course I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be fine? It's ridiculous. I'm fine."

"One more time and I'll believe it." Hazel joked.

Thalia took and deep breath and looked into Hazel golden eyes.

"I'm fine." She sighed, though the moment those words left her mouth, she knew she wasn't.

"Well." Annabeth said. "Any of you wanna go bother Reyna?"

"You had to ask?" Piper laughed.

The four girls made their way to the praetor house. They talked lightly on the way, casually brushing on the topic of the wedding, 2 weddings in a week. When they got there though, they were surprised to find the house empty.

Hazel had another set of keys of course, and they went in to see the tulips Aether gave her last night, laying a little limp on the table.

"Oh, Kay?" Hazel mumbled.

"One or two things happened." Piper said. "The night went so well she didn't come home, or the night went so bad, he killed her and ate her, and she couldn't come home."

"What shows have you been watching?" Annabeth questioned her best friend.

"Hannibal Lecter I would presume." Thalia stared at Piper flatly.

"Hey! You know very well I have a good base in this." Piper said to Thalia. "Her father-in-law, and her Greek version of a dad got eaten by the crazy-ass Titan. Your dad got off close." As she nudged her head towards Annabeth and Hazel.

"She's not wrong there." Annabeth sighed.

"I'm not eaten." Reyna said as she walked closed. All the girls turned to see Reyna behind them, still in Annabeth's blue dress. "If that's what you're wondering."

"Walk of shame?" Piper asked sympathetically.

"No." Reyna shot it down quickly.

"And yet you're still in my dress." Annabeth said easily.

"When I broke up with him, I took my stuff out of his house." Reyna said. "He didn't know. And I forgot. Yes I spent the night at his place. Nothing happened."

"Uh huh." Thalia said.

"Except maybe the fact that he didn't cheat on me." Reyna sighed as she walked pass them, and collapsed on to her bed.

"He-" Hazel said.

"Nope." Reyna said.

"Well that's good. Isn't it?" Piper said.

"I guess." Reyna said. "I feel like an idiot."

"That's normal." Thalia said.

"Hey!" Reyna complained.

"Thalia." Annabeth said.

"I meant-" Thalia corrected herself. "It's normal to act like the way you acted. I mean, he did kiss her. No matter what she looked like."

"I guess." Reyna said. "Hang on." She paused. "How'd you know-"

"My-" Piper sighed. "Mom." She mumbled.

"And Poseidon." Hazel pointed out. "They didn't tell us much, but they did tell us about the shifter."

"Then why would you worry about me getting eaten?" Reyna said.

"You don't know what cult he might or might not join all these years." Piper said pointedly.

"True." Reyna mumbled and sat up. "What's new?"

"You haven't been gone that long." Hazel said.

"But Zöe came." Annabeth said allowing herself to sit on the edge on Reyna's bed. She may only be 2 and a half month pregnant, but a baby bump was already visible. Her legs were tired and she was thankful she wore sneakers everywhere.

"Nightshade." Reyna said. "The hunter right? Greek Diana's favorite?"

"First of all, it's Artemis." Thalia said, and Reyna scoffed up a laugh. "And second- Well I can't really disagree with that one." Thalia scoffed, a little colder than she expected and intended.

"Alright." Reyna said. "Something's clearly bothering you."

"That's what I thought too." Annabeth mumbled. "But she said she was fine."

"I am!" Thalia said. "I'm fine. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be fine?"

"Just one more, and maybe-" Piper said, and Hazel laughed.

"No. I still won't believe her." Reyna said.

"Well, what do you want me to tell you, guys?" Thalia sat down in between Reyna and Annabeth. "That I'm not okay?"

"The truth Thalia." Hazel said as she walked over to the other side of the bed. Piper followed and both of them sat down. "We're your friends."

"If something's actually bothering you-" Hazel said. "The least you could do is tell us."

Thalia sighed and looked to see 4 concerned faces watching her. Annabeth, who has been her sister since forever, who knows her better than anyone. Reyna, who is so different from her yet the same in so many ways. Piper, who knows more about these marriage things than she does; The weeks she's bonded with future sister-in-law over the fact that they share a wedding date is something she treasured. And last but not least, Hazel. The girl who has been nothing but nice to her, always there to help. The girl she still hadn't said happy birthday to.

"Alright." Thalia sighed. "No." She exhaled. "I'm not okay."

Reyna gave her a reassuring pat on her shoulder and gave her a knowing smile.

"Gather around guys." Reyna said. "We have a lot to talk about."

The girls say in a circle on top of the bed as the fell into a long overdue conversation about their relationships. Mainly Thalia's.

On the other side of Camp Jupiter, Luke and Zöe walked at the center of New Rome, hot lattes in their hands, talking.

"I miss you." Luke said, as Zöe took a sip from her drink. "I miss living with you."

"Luke-" Zöe sighed.

"I do." Luke said with a small pout. "I dunno. I just do."

"You're getting married." Zöe said. "You've always wanted this to happen. I know you do."

"I know. I just-" Luke sighed and took a drink.

"Do you not like living with them?" Zöe rested a comforting hand on his.

"I do!" Luke said. "I love living with Thalia. I love being able to stay with my brothers. I love the house- Oh you should see the house."

"Then what's the problem?" Zöe asked.

"Everytime I look at them, I just feel this-" Luke said. "It's killing me."

"Luke." Zöe shook her head in pity and understanding. "I'm sorry."

"I miss you, Zöe."

That was just about enough for Jason to turn away and walk to camp half-blood in fury. He wasn't spying on Luke, he swore. He was simply looking for Luke because once again, Zeus wanted to talk to them as the wedding day got closer.

It's not a secret that Thalia is Zeus' princess and one of his favorites. It's also not a secret Zeus owes her. Not a secret that Zeus doesn't trust Luke.

Jason just never thought Zeus was right.

If it was Percy, caught saying all things like that, it's true that Jason would brush it off like the innocent chatter it is. But forgive him for not trusting the man who one tried to poison his sister.

His options are either to tell Thalia, and let her sort their problems, or tell Zeus and let him have his traitor shish kebab. He then decided though he hated Luke at the moment, he couldn't do that to his sister.

He would have to leave it to her to judge and hopefully make the right decision.

But Jason had left the conversation too soon.

"Luke. You don't miss me." Zöe said. "You miss Elysium. You miss being dead."

Luke sighed and took another sip.

"Is that weird?" He asked. "That I miss being dead? I know I'm not supposed to. I have everything here."

"That again." Zöe said. "You don't miss being dead. Not really."

Luke turned to Zöe and raised his eyebrow. Zöe stared at him with a knowing look.

"After three years of the ultimate peace, it is normal that you'd miss it." Zöe said. "And with the nightmares you're having-"

"How'd you-" Luke said.

"Know you have nightmares?" Zöe said. "Because I have nightmares too."

"You have nightmares?" Luke said.

"I may be shorter than you, and I may look younger than you, but I lived longer." Zöe mumbled. "And I had 5 years of peace. Of course I have nightmares."

"It's like, you're on this long term hallucination, and you're in this wonderful dream." Luke said.

"And then reality kicks in, and it's not that bad." Zöe continued. "But compared to the dream-"

"It's starting to look like a nightmare." They both said.

Luke gave a small sad laugh and took another sip. Zöe followed and drank too.

"I love my Thalia." Luke said, trying to avoid all eye contact with Zöe. "But living in that house drives me insane."

"Let me guess." Zöe sighed. "Guilt."

Luke lip thinned as he sat down on the ground. Zöe looked over the Garden of Bacchus and sat next to Luke.

"Of course it's guilt." Zöe continued, answering Luke's silence. "You know why?"

"Hm?" Luke said.

"Because you're a nice person." Zöe bumped shoulders with him. "You love your life, but compared to the Sunday dinners, and living near me, guilt must be-"

"I was insane." Luke cut in. "The whole Kronos thing, I was insane." He finally looked at Zöe. "I don't think Thalia deserves a crazy husband. What if I do something wrong?"

"You're not going to do anything wrong." Zöe said. "She is the woman you came back for." She stated.

"Hm." Luke smiled. "So." He tried to shift the topic. "Nightmares huh?"

"Yeah." Zöe nodded. "Of course. With a dad like that guy, I'm bound to have nightmares."

"Are you okay?" Luke said.

"I'm fine." Zöe said. "It's lessening. Sebastian helps."

"Oh yeah." Luke said teasingly. "How's Sebastian?"

"He finally told me what a therapist is-" Zöe punched Luke's arm. "-and I can't believe you thought I'd need one!"

"I did not think you need one!" Luke said.

"You do. I know you were acting surprised when I told you I was having nightmares." Zöe said.

"I did not send you a therapist!" Luke said. "I just wanted someone there to look out for you."

"So it's just coincidence that he's your cousin, and a therapist." Zöe said.

"Yes." Luke said.

"You are one of the best liars I've seen in decades." Zöe said. "But I've lived long enough to know that you're lying."

"I just know-" Luke said. "That you have thing for Castellan boys." He grinned.

"That was one time!" Zöe shouted immediately. "We were drinking, and that kiss lasted three seconds."

"But you like Sebastian?" Luke said.

"He's-" Zöe smiled. "He's great."

"And?" Luke said.

"And it's a coincidence he's your cousin!" Zöe said. "I do not have a thing for Castellan boys."

Luke laughed and nudged Zöe.

"Is he coming?"

"Yeah." Zöe nodded slowly.

"As your date?" Luke said.

"As your cousin, Luke." Zöe said.

"Please." Luke scoffed. "I haven't seen his dad in ages, let alone hear my mom talk about him. It's a surprise he even remembered me from when we were six, and he came over for summer."

"How is it that he has so much faith in you? He'd do anything for you." Zöe said. "Why would he go and find a strange girl going around the country with a bow?"

"Because he think's your pretty." Luke said. "He doesn't owe me anything. At least not then, but he does now."

"Why?" Zöe said.

"Because I led him to you." Luke joked.

Zöe turned a soft shade of pink and smiled. Luke saw this and laughed.

"So he helps with the nightmares?" Luke tried to get back on topic.

"Yeah." Zöe nodded. "His voice is one of the things that can wake me up. As I'm sure, Thalia's voice is one that can wake you."

Luke's smile faded as he avoided Zöe's gaze.

"You didn't tell her." Zöe said.

"I didn't want to-" Luke said.

"Even with my history, and my longer time in Elysium, I'd bet you I have less nightmares that you." Zöe said. "Sebastian helps. I'm sure Thalia will too, if you'd just tell her."

"I'm fine." Luke said.

"You're getting married." Zöe said. "She's going to find out sooner or later, and sooner is better than later."

"I know." Luke mumbled.

"Of course you do." Zöe said. "Just remember who you're getting married to."

Zöe ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek.

"The woman I came back for." Luke answered.

"There you go." Zöe said.

Back in the praetor house, the girls saw that the sun was setting but their conversation was nowhere near done.

"He's not telling me things." Thalia said. "I just-"

"Want him to tell you everything." Annabeth said, as she gave Thalia a smile of sympathy.

"He didn't even tell me about Zöe." Thalia said. "I didn't know he lived with her when he died. I just assumed-"

"Do you still want to get married?" Piper placed a hand on Thalia's.

"I do-" Thalia said. "-not know."

"Do you love him?" Hazel asked.

"Of course I do." Thalia sighed. "I've loved him since we were both kids." She smiled nostalgically.

"You know the type of person he is." Reyna said. "Could you live with that?"

"That's what bothers me." Thalia said. "I think I can. But that's what I say now, I wouldn't know what would happen when it comes to it. And with the wedding coming so close, I'm just-"

There was a knock on the door. The girls all turned and glanced at each other.

"It's almost dinner anyway." Thalia said.

"No it's okay." Hazel said. "We can stay." She offered.

"No." Thalia said. "It's dinner." She said, and eyed the other girls.

"Yeah." Annabeth said. "Let's go to half-blood. We'll have dinner."

"Oh yeah." Piper agreed.

Hazel looked unsettled because usually, the girls would easily blow off dinner to talk, especially when they weren't the ones cooking, and especially when a friend is in need.

Thalia went over to the door and opened it to find a certain blonde someone waiting.

"Hey babe."

"Hey Pipes." Jason said, without a smile on his face. "Sis, we need to talk."

"He has his serious voice on." Reyna said. "I don't like his serious voice." She joked.

Jason rolled his eyes and have Reyna a look. She raised an eyebrow, and Jason replied by moving his right thumb in a counter-clockwise motion.

"Alright." Reyna said. "Let's go." She said.

Piper looked at them questioningly, and gestured out. Jason stopped Piper and kissed her.

"Code for clear the area." Reyna simply said to Piper.

Annabeth squeezed Thalia's hand before she left with the other girls. Jason stepped into the room and closed the door.

"What's up?" Thalia said as she went to sit on the bed again.

"There is no good way to say this." Jason said.

"What? What happened?" Thalia panicked.

"Nothing happened." Jason said. "Just, don't-" He said. "Don't marry Luke."

"What?" She asked.

"I don't trust him." Jason said.

"Jace-"

"I don't." Jason said. "I heard him with Zöe."

"What did you hear?" Thalia said.

"He said he misses her." Jason said. "He said something's killing him. He doesn't like living in the house."

"You shouldn't spy in your future brother-in-law." Thalia said.

"And yet I'm not the one with cold feet." Jason said.

Thalia looked away and crossed her arms. Jason looked at his older sister.

"Go to the party, Jason." Thalia said. "Have fun with your fiancé." She sighed. "I'll talk with mine."

Jason walked to the door, but stopped and turned to Thalia.

"It's your decision." Jason said. "Don't do something you'll regret just because I said something." He walked over and hugged her. "I'm just trying to watch out for you."

Jason left and a few minutes after Thalia left too and headed to camp half-blood.

Her conversation with Jason didn't take too long because when she passed through the doorway, she could hear the distant cries of SURPRISE!

She smiled and picked up her pace heading towards the party. The DJ, one of Apollo's son, she was sure turned up the music so loud it made it easier for her to navigate her way through the wood to where the party was thrown.

She quickly went and found her friends.

"I can't believe you guys!" Hazel shrieked, Frank's arms around her. "And you!" She yelled at Frank.

"It's Leo's idea." Piper said.

"Sorry it took so long." Leo said as he pulled Hazel away from Frank, and into a hug.

"Happy birthday." Reyna also pulled Hazel into a hug. "So I wasn't wrong." She said. "I thought it was your birthday but everyone acted like nothing happened."

"I just thought you all forgot." Hazel said.

"We would never." Thalia smiled.

The party went on as everybody danced with everybody. Food, drinks, and snacks, all passed around and finished by eight thirty.

Everyone was having a good time. Everyone but Thalia, who was watching her fiancé dancing with another girl.

In all honestly, Luke was dancing with Piper, Annabeth, Hazel, even Silena and Aphrodite herself. But she felt most uncomfortable when Zöe came dancing with Luke.

She took a drink, an alcoholic one at that, and tried to get drunk. Alas, her demigod blood isn't helping.

"Hey." Luke said, as he came to her. "Dance with me."

"No. It's fine". Thalia tried to say.

"Just dance with me." Luke said.

"Actually, I'm not feeling that well." Thalia said. "Go have fun with Zöe, she's your guest."

"Are you sure?" Luke said. "I'll walk you home."

"If it's okay with you, I want to stay at my cabin. Just tonight. I need some time alone." Thalia kissed his cheek.

"Okay." Luke kissed her hands. "I love you."

"Love you." Thalia answered. "Night."

Thalia tried not to look back to the loud cheers of Luke out drinking Percy, and Zöe challenging the both of them to a game of beer pong. Why is the game there, or how they all knew about it didn't interest Thalia at all. All she wants to do is think about what'll happen when the day comes.

Her wedding day.

A/N

Anyway. Vote, Comment, and Follow me. Thanks so much for your support, and tell me whatever you want. Once again I'm sorry for the delay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.2K 105
The world is hardly ever what it seems. We have seen our heroes fight monsters, gods, titans, and even the very Earth itself. But, there were rules a...
79.5K 2.4K 38
Alex buried her face in Leo's shoulder as he held her. All that she could think was that she needed him, now more than ever. She needed his arms arou...
116K 2.6K 37
Perseus Jackson had won. Won against thirteen Gods in a fight to the death in the Olympian throne room. He spilled the ichor of many, many immortals...
81.7K 3.2K 16
My love torn away. My will gone with her. I am already hanging off a thin thread. When this new kid, a son of Aphrodite comes, my string breaks off. ...