Help Isn't Such a Bad Thing (...

myenglishirishboys द्वारा

Harry's life isn't exactly something that he's happy with. It's not that he doesn't have wonderful friends an... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.
Author's Note!
Chapter 16.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Author's note!
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24. (Mature)
Chapter 25. (Last Chapter)
Author's note. please read.

Chapter 17.

8K 340 120
myenglishirishboys द्वारा

I sorta hate this chapter but then again I don't. We have a love/hate relationship. But yea I hope you guys enjoy it! You have all been really awesome! I love it! Well lovelies I hope you like this chapter and don't forget to comment! I need some criticism! Lol. Love you guys! - Sami<3

Chapter Seventeen:

Harry POV:

As I saw Zayn disappear over a hill a few yards away I started to get worried. I knew that he had told me to stay put while he took care of this but what if something bad happened to him? I couldn't just let my boyfriend get hurt by some heartless bastard. I knew that he was good at fighting and all of that but what if there were like a whole bunch of guys waiting for him over there? There was no way that he could fight off a whole gang. What if they beat him till he was black and blue all over? Or what if they broke his bones until he was too broken to be repaired? Or worse, what if they killed him?!

I quickly got up from my place against the tree in a panic to go see if he was alright. There was no way I was going to let someone hurt him again. I just couldn't let that happen. I ran past the hill and hid behind a tree once I saw Zayn. He was standing in front of a guy that looked to be much stronger than him. His arms were huge and he must have been about a foot taller than my boyfriend. There was no way Zayn would be able to take that guy. I wanted to get closer to hear what they were saying but I knew that I wouldn't be able to without Zayn spotting me and I just wanted to be as discreet as possible. It looked like their talk was getting a little heated and before I knew it the unknown guy took a swing at Zayn that he thankfully dodged, but the guy wasn't so lucky as Zayn swung back and hit him in the jaw. He stumbled backwards and tried to hit Zayn again but once again he missed.

"Just get the fuck out of here before you get hurt asshole! You have no business being here!", Zayn yelled with a hint of anger in his voice.

I could tell that he really didn't want to hurt the boy too badly but he definitely would if he had to. When the boy didn't leave Zayn pulled out his knife and held it out in a fighting stance. I saw him say something I couldn't hear this time but it must have been threatening because the guy ran away without any hesitation with a frightened look on his face. I guess I underestimated his strength a little bit. Zayn pocketed his knife and began walking back to our spot so I ducked more behind the tree to hide.

"How fucking stupid do you think I am?" I jumped at the deep voice that was surprisingly close to me. I closed my eyes tight and gulped hoping that he really didn't know that I was there. Maybe he was talking to someone else. "Harry!"

Yea, he definitely saw me. I looked over at him and he looked really pissed off. I knew then that I had only made the whole meeting worse. "I, uh..."

He put his hand up, "No. I told you to stay put. Why the hell would you follow me?!" Before I could answer he kept talking, "I told you that I would be right back! So why wouldn't you listen to me?! You know that I was on the fence about dating you because I didn't want you hurt so why would you fucking follow me?!"

"Zayn I-"

"No! Fuck Harry! I don't know how this relationship is going to work if you can't just listen to me about these things!"

"But he wasn't even dangerous..."

He threw his hands in the air, "And what if he was? Huh? What if he was the most dangerous person I had ever met? What if he saw you and went after you? Then what?! What if he found out where you lived? What if he came into your room one night and completely slaughtered you?!"

I knew that Zayn had a point with all of this but I felt anger building up in the pit of my stomach. If he would just let me speak then maybe I wouldn't want to say what I was about to say but he just wouldn't shut the hell up. "Shut up Zayn! Am I dead?! No! I'm fine! I'm a big boy! I can take care of myself! I don't need you to hold my hand through everything! I can fucking handle my own life! If we're going to date then I don't want any secrets! I should be able to know what's going on! I don't want to be the one left in the dark! So if you can't just grow a pair and tell me what the fuck is happening then we might as well just break up!"

"If that's what you want then fine! I don't even know why the fuck I tried being with you in the first place!" And with that he stomped away in the other direction while I was left standing there alone and confused.

I angrily made my way back to my car and indignantly shut the door when I got in. I slammed my fists on the steering wheel over and over until my vision was blurred from the tears streaming down my face. I sat in my car for a few more minutes crying about the stupid thing I had just done. Did I really just break up with Zayn over a stupid little argument that we had? I knew that he was just trying to make sure that nothing bad would happen to me. Why did I have to be so damn stupid? I wiped my hands across my cheeks to wipe away the tears and took my phone out of my pocket. I scrolled through the contacts on my phone until I saw the one I wanted: Mum.

I sent her a quick text reading: Going to the mall for a bit. See you when I get home.

I knew that if I went home now she would see me a hot mess and I just wanted to be alone so I could get my thoughts straightened out. I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot making my way over to the mall.

The drive to the mall only took about 40 minutes and it gave me enough time to think about everything that happened at the park. I knew that the whole thing was my fault and even though I really did hate being kept in the dark I wanted Zayn to be my boyfriend more. If he thought that I shouldn't be involved in that part of his life then I really shouldn't be. And I was pretty positive that with some time he would let me in to that part of his life too.

I sat down on a bench for a few moments with my cell phone in my hands. I had been debating calling Zayn and talking all of this out but another part of me was afraid to do so. I sighed and slipped my phone into my pocket knowing that we needed to talk about this in person and not over a phone call. I looked up from my lap and saw a store that I had never noticed before. The big wooden sign read 'Bob's Blades' and I chuckled at the name. After a few moments of hesitation I walked inside and saw that it was a knife shop. Well it was mostly knives anyway. They also had some guns and cross bows too. I walked up to a glass case full of shiny switchblades and stared at them in awe. They all looked really cool and I knew that if Zayn could afford one then he would probably have one by now.

"See something you like?" I heard a very deep voice ask and I practically jumped out of my skin. "Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scare you fella."

I took a deep breath and turned around to see a big muscular bald guy with tattoos up and down his arms. If he didn't have such a friendly smile on his face I would probably be extremely afraid of him.

"Uh, it's alright.", I mumbled out.

He smiled even bigger, "Great! Could I help you with something? The names Bob by the way!"

I smiled back, "I'm Harry. I was just admiring your switchblades."

"They're nice yea?"

I nodded, "Yea. My boyfriend would love these. How much are these exactly?"

He shrugged, "They range from £50-£175."

My eyes grew wide, "Wow. That's kinda a lot for me." I scratched the back of my head and sighed. "I guess I'll have to wait to get him one. I'll be back though."

"Which one did you want?"

I looked down at the case again and thought as my eyes looked across all of the blades until I spotted one that really caught my eye. "That one." I pointed to the blade through the glass case. It was all black including the blade itself and it had an intricate design all along the handle.

"Ah yea. That one's a beaut." I nodded. "How about I make you a deal?"

"What kind of deal?"

"Well since I like you I'll give you that blade for £110. It's originally £150 but I feel like you really have your heart set on it."

A big smile appeared on my face, "You'd really do that?"

He nodded, "Sure kid. But in return you have to clean all of my blades once a month for a year."

I thought about his offer for a minute and stuck my hand out. "Bob, you've got yourself a deal."

He packaged the blade up for me and I wrote down my number for him to call me whenever he needed me to come in and clean. It might have taken all of the money I had been saving up from birthdays and Christmases but I was happy to spend it on Zayn. I knew that he would love something like this and I couldn't think of a better way to apologize. I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost 7:00. Mum would definitely not be happy that I didn't show up in time for dinner but there really was nothing I could do about it now. All I wanted to do was drive back home and find Zayn so I could beg for him to be my boyfriend again. I made one last stop in the mall for a little apology card which I signed and stuck into the box that contained the blade. I texted Zayn to ask him where he was at the moment and told him that I wanted to talk to him. He replied a few minutes later saying that he was under the bridge and that he wouldn't be going anywhere.

I frowned when I read his reply because I knew that meant he didn't want to be home and that couldn't have been a good thing. So I quickly made my way to the car and started it up in a hurry to go give him his present. I turned the radio on and smiled when I saw that A Team by Ed Sheeran was playing. Listening to this song reminded me of the time I took Zayn to my house and I heard him singing along. That's another thing I had to get him to do for me. Sing.

I began to sing along to the song as I stopped at a red light. The roads were kind of empty at the moment and I was so happy that there wasn't any traffic to stop me from getting home. The light turned green so I stepped on the gas and the next thing I saw made my heart stop. I looked to the left and saw headlights coming straight towards me and the last thing I remember was a crash.

Then it all went black.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

14.7K 187 16
Story of a girl whos life is upsidedown. When suddenly her inspiration, Niall Horan, tweets her. The two go to hell and back, just to simply meet. W...
Dark [Zarry] lιѕα द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

1.6M 39.7K 51
Harry Styles is dark and mysterious, Zayn Malik is cute and innocent. What will happen when the two worlds meet?
12.9K 866 16
A coquettish, yet optimistic college student crosses paths with his former middle school lover. And well, that extrovert boy happens to have retrogra...
483K 21.2K 36
❝you know how they say, what was it? don't judge a book by its cover? well lad, this is a prime example.❞ zayn was your typical bad boy. leather jack...