Gold Dust

By Irelands_Regret

Girls don't want to be princesses anymore. They want to be witches. More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24, Part 3
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 12, Part Two

19 3 0
By Irelands_Regret

"There are several rumors of where Witches originally came from. You see, there are records dated back in ancient hieroglyphics that they were around, some were ruling Egypt with the Pharaoh. As evidence here, we know that the Ruby Witch had surfaced in Africa as there are several old folk tales about a woman with fire hair who created blood stones. Witches have been around for longer than we can ever hope! Scholars, Historians, anybody who has ever wanted to know about the past could easily come up to a witch and ask them about the Revolution of France, and they might honestly tell you how starved the Country was, the weather the day that Marie Antoinette was beheaded. It's all fascinating that these beautiful women stay on while the rest of the world continues to move.

"Witches come and go as they please in human history. We know that there were three different witches on the English throne at separate times. Sapphire (see page 87, Ruling Gems) ruling was roughly from 1200 to 1284, Jade (see page 94, Ruling Gems) from 1650 to 1713, and then Onyx from 1780 to the 1850s. It was after the rule tyranny of Onyx (see page 109, Ruling Gems), did a law get placed in England to forbid any witch from assuming the throne again. Soon after, several Countries did the same. The Catholic Church saw its chance, and it became a world wide purge against witches (see page 133, The Great Purge). There are several reports of then trying to hang, burn, starve, even cut off the heads of witches, but the only conclusive thing is that they survived. Some said that the fire burned the people who started it, some said that water came out of the ground and threw them back. Witches that were shoved with a noose around their neck, levitate.

"Witches made the desperate bid to go to the America's, far away from where the Catholic Church hold on Europe is strongest. They branched out, went their own ways. Some went and lived with the Native Americans, and they adopted them as their Witch Doctors. Others went down into what is known as modern day Mexico, and they made their own way of living.

"It was when America started booming, did the different types of Witches became apparent. Some went on to live a leisurely life, gifting those who let them stay with them with jewels and riches. Others went on to work, creating things and building towns for others. Some went on their ways to be secluded, far away from any place that housed humans for hundreds of miles. When the American Civil War came, the richer of the witches went to the South. They supplied the South with money, jewels, anything they needed. They almost tempted France and England to join them against the fight against the North, but with superstitions at their highest they wouldn't take gems for fear that they were cursed or bespelled. On the North side, the hardworking Witches did their best supplying swords, bayonets, anything they needed. Once, Abraham Lincoln himself wrote, 'They come not from their furnaces for ore and other such needed material. Day in and day out come the ringing of the hammers, and each weapon that comes out is greater than the last. These women are greatly needed in such a battle, and I fear what would happen if we did not have them.' The war ended in 1865, the Witches making peace with themselves as the South crumbled.

"The Industrial Revolution hit. Metal Witches, which were discovered by Benjamin Franklin, were of a great help. Iron Witch (see page 449, Strong Metals) with Thomas Edison helped create the light bulb. That, along with Steam Engines, and trains. Railroad tracks were created with pure iron, due to the Iron Witch. With the Great Railroad stretching across America, people were able to come freely and go wherever they wished without taking months at a time to cross the plains. Combined efforts with the Steel Witch (see page 507, Strong Metals), both women would come together and create inventions that hadn't been thought of yet. It was later found in journals of Benjamin Franklin that the original idea of electricity and weather vanes didn't come from him, but rather the Nickel Witch (see page 514, Strong Metals).

"When the Catholic Empire started to fall, some Witches returned to Europe. For reasons unknown, they went back to where they were almost hundred years ago. In 1914, Witches were considered strange, but accepted around the globe again. However, it was against in almost all Countries for a Witch to be a ruler. America filled to the brim of magic anymore, as many Witches left, but some had decided they liked America as it was, and they stayed. (Still, America held the title of the Land of Magic until 1983, when it turns out that Switzerland held more Witches than America did.) However, in 1914, when World War One broke out it was chaos everywhere. Loyalties were being tested, and alliances trapped Countries in a war they couldn't back out of.

"It was during the battle of the trenches did the first recorded Dragon was to appear. Some unknown Witch had found herself at the hands of the Germans, and there were several accounts of how a howl unlike anybody had ever heard before ripped through the air and a brown shape came down from the clouds. There were more records and journals from many soldiers speaking of how it had torn apart the Germans defenses, their machine guns useless against it's scales. It had picked somebody up, a Witch, one German had written down before his untimely death, and taken off again. It was days later the Austria-Hungarian Empire surrendered, ending the war.

"Twenty years later, World War Two broke out. Hitler was obsessed by the idea of magic, of making the perfect human being with powers unknown of the world that he issued a proclamation that if there were any women to be suspected of being a Witch, there were to be taken to a camp. From there, horrors came about. There were only three Witches that were confirmed to be there, two of them of the secluded kind, and the Silver Witch (see page 622, Soft Metals). There were some rumors that Hitler had discovered the Gold Witch (see page 601, Soft Metals, and page 798, Mysteries), but there has been no evidence in any lab or camp that the Gold Witch had been there. As seen by the photos (a1, b3, and b4), when a Witch is hurt or upset, their powers come into play. There are three whole laboratories, along with metal statues of men and women, turned into silver.

"World War Two is also called World War Witches. Due to the fact wherein the Witches knew that Hitler was taking their own, the banded together for the first time in current history during 1945, six years after the war started. Silver had managed to be saved, and the Witches were outraged. Records and videos show us shapes swooping out of the clouds, dragons diving down on the Natzi parties. Men who look normal, but move at an unnatural speed (see page 233, Contractors, Vampires). D-Day, one of the turning events of the war could have been a disaster. Weather was terrible on the only day of the year that the Allies could get their men onto the shore of Normandy safely. Hundreds of men drowned due to the fact they had eighty pounds on their back, and the boats couldn't get to shore enough for them. Germans were at the top of cliffs, shooting down at the vulnerable men. However, with the combined powers of several Witches, thousands of men are still alive today. The weather cleared up, the waves stopped, and Dragons came down from the sky to destroy the bases stationed on top of the cliffs. After that, it took little time before Germany crumbled to surrender, and Hitler took his own life.

"Witches, after that, were considered heroes. Soon their popularity grew in all of the Allies Countries. Freed Countries, like Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Poland, and France, were thankful that Witches had helped them win back their freedom, they were considered saints. After a while, the sainthood was dropped, but their popularity never did. Witches were then considered a great thing, a good luck charm rather than a bad omen. It wasn't until 1955, was the very first Witch was asked to come on national television. Topaz Witch was in the show, 'I love Lucy,' for one episode, and the ratings skyrocketed. Suddenly her face was everywhere, and she was once again asked to come on air. Soon, many other Gem Witches found that acting or speaking on the radio was absolutely perfect for them (see page 190, The Gem Witch's Dilemma). It wasn't until 1967 when the first Metal Witch came on television, introducing the very first calculator. The Bronze Witch is notoriously known as the inventor, along with many other Metal Witches, they continue to advance science and technology today.

"Witches are everywhere. They could be your roommate, across the hallway. Although, many doubt that as almost every witch has had their picture taken at some point. One can easily go online and google 'Diamond Witch' and pictures from all ages would come up. Several Witches choose to remain anonymous, keeping away from the world of glamour and being famous. Nobody honestly knows where they come from, or what their purpose here on Earth is. And when asked, many of them don't answer, or give out cryptic pieces of advice (see page 348, Prophecies? Or Fortune Cookies?) They don't respond well to governments, choosing their own Witches to govern all of them. They are a unique kind of species, one that is largely different from humankind. Who knows where Witches shall take us next, although I hope they take us to the future."

-Professor John D. Clint (Bippity Boppity Boo, and Where it Came From).

Words: 21,386

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58 9 12
Short story
755 6 25
It's time for the Queen to learn who she really is.
97 2 9
Short story about a group of ghost hunters locked in an abandoned city full of monsters.
50 0 31
I can't do anything right.