Sesshomaru x Reader: A Change...

By Hufflescout

This is a story where the reader basically takes the place of Rin, although Rin will still be included in it... More

Chapter One - Meeting Him
Chapter Two: All My Life
Chapter Three: Smile
Chapter Four: Sudden Darkness
Chapter Five: Resting in His Arms
Chapter Six: Preparations
Chapter Seven: New Kimono
Chapter Eight: Demon's Head
Chapter Nine: The Talk
Chapter Ten: Victim of Nightmares
Author's Note: DARKNESS IS APPROACHING
Chapter Eleven: Fresh Start
Chapter Twelve: Wind and Blade
Author's Note: SORRY GUYS
Author's Note (not about story)
Chapter Fourteen: Naraku's New Plan
Author's Note: TIME IS MY ENEMY
Author's Note: IMPORTANT UPDATE INFORMATION
Author's Note: More Update Information
Chapter Fifteen: My Wish
Author's Note: #Wattys2016???
Chapter Sixteen: An Offer, a Battle, and a Threat
Chapter Seventeen: He Needs His Heart
Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson and a New Adventure
Ask Hufflescout!
Chapter Nineteen: Cats and Dogs
Chapter Twenty: Master Jaken's Plan

Chapter Thirteen: B-blood?!

5.6K 241 344
By Hufflescout

It had been about four months since we last had an encounter with Naraku or anyone Naraku-related, and I was relieved. The entire time, I tried to help Lord Sesshomaru with anything I could do for him. I was twelve-and-a-half, and I felt that I had matured a lot in the short period of time since that nightmare about Naraku; that is, I learned to keep my thoughts to myself unless something was very important. Perhaps I'd matured physically as well, but I never paid much attention to my body unless I felt sick or unhealthy.

Sesshomaru's POV

[Y/N]...had changed. She had matured quite a bit ever since we encountered Naraku's insects and she told me her life story. I assumed she thought that she had nothing to worry about when it came to keeping her troubles to herself. I could tell that she still had nightmares every now and then, but I could also tell that they were never as harsh as the one she experienced that she first told me about. She had definitely changed mentally. She was turning into a smart, thoughtful girl.

However, something else about [Y/N]  had been beginning to change as well: she smelled different. Although her personal scent was unmistakable, there had been a certain spike added within recent weeks. Something warmer, almost flavorful in a way.

[Y/N] is twelve years old, and halfway through the year. I need to remember that she is only mortal and she could begin her changes from a human girl to a human woman any time. I must keep a close eye on her in case something happens all of a sudden.

"[Y/N]," I said to her. She was currently walking beside me on a mountainous path.

"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru?"

"Have you been feeling well in recent weeks?" She looked at me surprised. "Have you noticed any unusual sickly or painful feelings at all?"

"No, my lord, I haven't. I can't remember really feeling anything out of the ordinary. Why?"

I did not answer her question. Instead, I turned away and walked straight ahead once again. This is no time to explain the concepts of human adolescence to her, especially with Jaken around to listen. If I ever actually needed to explain the mortal pubescent period to her, I would wait until something actually happened. If I told her right then, it would only be another thing she would be on edge about. After all, she seems a bit squeamish and does not like seeing blood or the like if she can avoid it.

Well, now that I'm considering it, it may be a better idea to prepare her. Her female menstrual cycle could scare her if I say nothing.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" I heard [Y/N] say. "It's getting dark, my lord. I don't want to annoy you, but do you know when we may rest for the night?"

I looked down at [Y/N]. "Are you tired of traveling, [Y/N]?" She looked slightly alarmed.

"My lord, if you need to go on, I can go on. I was only asking when we may stop and rest for tomorrow."

"There are many caves in these mountains that would make ideal living spaces. We will find one and we will stop there."

"Okay, Lord Sesshomaru."

"Jaken."

"Y-y-y-y-yes, Sesshomaru-sama?" the toad demon stuttered.

"Go and find a suitable cave for resting in tonight."

"R-right, milord!" Jaken ran ahead of [Y/N] and I.

[Y/N]'s POV

I looked over to my left and watched as the sun set in the distance. "It's beautiful," I said. Lord Sesshomaru stopped several yards in front of me.

"[Y/N], do not fall behind." I looked at him and smiled.

"Sorry, my lord. I just like looking at the sunset. I'm coming." I jogged after him until I caught up.

"[Y/N], tell me the truth. Have you been feeling well recently? There has been no physical pain you can remember?" Lord Sesshomaru asks.

"There's been nothing serious that I can name. There was a day where I had some dull pain in my legs for several hours, but it went away. I suppose that only meant my legs were growing, so I didn't worry about it." I looked down at my feet, then back up at my lord's face. "Please, may I ask again, why are you worried about that? Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary? Is there an illness moving around the area?" Lord Sesshomaru said nothing, only bowed his head and walked on. I cocked my head to the side in question, but then followed him. Whatever he was thinking, it couldn't have been too important. He would have told me if it was, wouldn't he have?

Unless, of course, whatever it was was far too important to tell a child like me.

Could it be that important? If so, then I should just leave him alone about it. But what if he's keeping something from me that really is important and that I should know about?

I was on edge for a little while after that thought.

That night was spent in a cave that was really quite comfortable considering it was only a giant hole in a mountain; the fire that was made made it all the warmer.

The next morning, I awoke to find my stomach, or, my lower abdominal area, feeling a bit... heavy, as if there were something there lying inside my stomach. However, I assumed it only meant I would defecate sometime later or something related to that. Nothing out of the ordinary, I told myself. I didn't tell Lord Sesshomaru or Master Jaken as not to worry either of them.

Sesshomaru's POV

"[Y/N], we are going," I said to the girl once everything was ready to leave the cave we stayed in for the night.

"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru." She followed me as I stepped into the morning sunlight.

That spike of [Y/N]'s scent was getting stronger and more noticeable by the day, and I concluded that she could begin her menstrual period just about any time at all. I needed to be able to act quickly when it happened, for I didn't know if [Y/N] had ever been spoken to about a female's monthly cycle.

It was a good thing that I had nothing specifically planned for today or the next few days.

A/N: Apologies if you did not get/ have not gotten your first period at this specific age, but I thought it might benefit the story this way.

~~~~~TIMESKIP~~~~~

[Y/N]'s POV

It had been a few hours since Lord Sesshomaru, Master Jaken and I had begun to travel again, and I found that the more I walked or moved, the less I would feel the weighted sensation in my abdomen. I had been starting to develop a bit of cramps, too, and the walking and jogging helped with those.

By this time, the three of us were walking through another thick and deep, although sunny, forest, and I was following Lord Sesshomaru while Master Jaken was several feet behind me. I hummed a tune to myself quietly.

Master Jaken was the first to notice the blood running down my leg.

The toad demon suddenly shrieked in terror. "[Y-Y-Y/N], y-y-y-y-you're BLEEDING!!!" he screeched in his high-pitched voice. I stopped and turned around, checking my arms for signs of wounds. I felt the back of my head and neck, but there was no blood that returned on my fingers.

Where could I be bleeding?

That's when I looked down.

And I saw my blood running down the inside of my calf.

"What?! Ah! What... What is this? What's happening?!" I started to panic and I began breathing faster. "Lord Sesshomaru-- AHH!" I doubled over in pain as a wave of strong cramps overcame me.

"Jaken, gather cotton to quell the bleeding." Lord Sesshomaru spoke quickly as he strode towards me. Master Jaken ran off through the trees at the command and tears stung my eyes as the pain inside me only became stronger.

"L-Lord Sesshomaru," I gasped out. "I don't quite kn-know what's happening! Is there something wrong with me?!"

"Come," was all he said to me. He held out his large hand and I grabbed it, after which he led me to a grassy, shady spot off the path. "Lie down, [Y/N]." I laid myself down on my back next to a large tree. I was starting to feel dizzy and light-headed and I closed my eyes. My forehead was soon drenched in sweat.

"W-what's happening Lord Sess-Sesshomaru," I asked, my words becoming slurred and my voice weak. He knelt down next to me.

"[Y/N]," he said, apparently choosing his words. "Has anyone ever taught you about a female's menstrual cycle?" I started to shake my head, but then stopped.

"It... It sounds familiar."

"But you don't remember anything about it?"

"Not exactly, my lord." He sighed deeply.

Sesshomaru's POV

Just as I thought, I would have to explain it all to her.

TIMESKIP

"Phrased basically, [Y/N], once you begin the cycle, it means you are able to produce your own offspring by becoming impregnated." Her face had turned a certain shade of pink by now and she was glancing away from me more often than not.

"S-so..." she looked up at me shyly, "this will happen to me every month from now on?" I nodded.

"Just remember that it can be irregular and you may skip every once in awhile." She nodded slowly. "Do you have any questions about this?"

[Y/N]'s POV

I shook my head hesitantly. "Not at the moment, my lord." I bowed my head. I felt very embarrassed that Lord Sesshomaru was the one who had to tell me about this. He knows more about the female body than I do...! I blushed to myself.

"You are embarrassed." I looked up at him for a moment. "Do not be. It isn't your fault that this happened to you now. No being can have complete physical control over their own body."

That made me feel a bit better. I nodded after a minute and smiled at him. "Okay. Thank you very much, Lord Sesshomaru." I had sat up before this and I now laid back down in the grass, closing my eyes.

"[Y/N], one more thing." I opened them. "Stay by my side at every possible moment while you are going through this." I have him a questioning look. He thought for a moment, as though deciding what to say to me. "Demons often come after human females while they are experiencing these periods to either eat them or mate with them as to produce their offspring." I felt my eyes widen and I nodded.

"I won't go anywhere on my own without permission, Lord Sesshomaru." He gave a curt nod just as we heard Master Jaken run back to us, panting.

"I-I-I have returned with the *pant* *pant* cotton you wanted... *pant* Sesshomaru-sama!"

"Hand it to [Y/N], Jaken." He did what he was told. "There is a stream just over there, [Y/N]. Go and tidy yourself up. We will be close if you need something." I smiled up at him gratefully.

"Thank you, my lord." I bowed to him and Master Jaken, then turned and jogged in the direction of the stream he mentioned.

Sesshomaru's POV

"M-m-my lord?" Jaken stuttered.

"What is it?"

"W-what exactly happened to [Y/N], my lord?"

I sighed. "Something that happens to every human female, and a majority of demon females." I followed [Y/N] to keep in the area in case something happened to her, seeing Jaken's realization out of the corner of my eye. The look his face gave off was one of his more amusing ones. I almost laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 898 37
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha wasn't getting along since their father passed away. Until, something weird happened. Totosai told Inuyasha and Sesshomaru th...
44.7K 1.3K 18
It's my first fan fiction....so sorry if it's not that good...and sorry if there are any mistakes....I would love to hear your thoughts about my stor...
339 3 12
She was the daughter of the most hated demon in those days. But she is very well different from his father's nature. Embark on a journey that starts...
1.4K 47 11
Entering the fuedal era accidentally or rather being pushed in, your whole life changes faster than you can keep up with. During all these strange oc...