The Runaway Mate

By kate241

The Runaway Mate Carly Faye isn't your average seventeen year old werewolf, she's anything but actually. Havi... More

The Runaway Mate
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter:15
Chapter:17
Chapter 16
Chapter: 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter:28
Chapter : 29
Chapter:30
Chapter : 31
Chapter:32
Chapter : 33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Epilogue

Chapter:1

382K 10.2K 2.7K
By kate241

*Carly's POV*

I sighed frustrated as I paced around the spacious bedroom. To say I was currently overwhelmed would be an understatement. I stopped my pacing and looked down at the little boy in my arms. He was wailing so loud that I was sure the entire world could hear it.

"Shhh, Aiden please be quiet baby." I cooed to him as I gently stroked his face. It was like he hadn't even heard me though because he kept on crying his little lungs out. I sighed again and set him down onto the floor, as soon as Aidens feet touched the ground he fell onto his bottom and continued to cry. I was pretty positive that he had a stomach ache but I couldn't be sure until I took him to see the pack doctor.

I was about to do just that when I suddenly heard heavy footsteps rushing towards the door, I gulped knowing exactly who it was. The door flew open and in walked my very angry mate.

"Would you shut him up!" Mason yelled loudly making me cringe. I stared intently at the floor before hesitantly raising my eyes up and peeking at him through my lashes. Mason was shirtless and his well sculpted chest was rising and falling quickly. His dark brown hair was tousled like somebody had run there fingers through it many times and his deep green eyes held anger.

His eyes snapped towards me and they softened for a mere second before becoming furious again.

"Did you hear me! I said shut him up!" He yelled again motioning towards his son. I again cringed at his voice before taking a small step towards Aiden.

"I've tried. He doesn't feel well, he has a stomach ache." I said quietly keeping my eyes on the ground. Mason growled angrily and took two long strides towards me. He roughly grabbed my chin and forced me to look into his eyes. He had just leaned down to kiss my lips when Aidens cries got even louder, if it was possible. His fingers tightened on my chin and I knew that there would be a bruise in the morning.

I saw it in Masons eyes, the rage, and I knew what he was going to do before he even did it. I ripped my chin out of his hands and threw myself down onto the ground, scooping up my son in my arms as I did so, right before Masons fist came down onto my back. All of the air was knocked out of me but I didn't care because I knew that if I hadn't of done that then Mason would have hit Aiden.

Mason growled loudly before grabbing me by the hair and yanking me off of the ground, I cried out in pain and held onto Aiden tighter. My eyes widened as I took in Masons appearance. His eyes were pitch black from anger and his whole body was shaking. He was furious because I had stopped him from hitting Aiden.

"Put. Him. Down." He ordered through clenched teeth, sounding more like an animal then a human. I gulped and did as he said, gently placing my baby into his crib. Aidens crying had thankfully stopped but I knew what was about to happen to me. Mason, still having a handful of my hair, dragged me out of our sons room and across the hallway into his room. Mason tossed me onto the ground and before I even had time to catch my breath his left foot slammed into my body. I cried out in pain but it was silenced my another blow to the ribs.

It felt like it went on for forever, the pain never stopped, it was just blow after blow. He would kick me and punch me, painfully pull my hair, and the yelling, he yelled and yelled. Telling me what a worthless mate I was and that he was disguised by me. It was like a river of tears was streaming down my face and I couldn't stop them, I don't know if I was crying because of the pain from his blows or from the hurtful words my mate was spitting at me.

With one final kick to the stomach Mason leaned down very closely, right next to my ear and whispered the most painful line yet.

"I don't love you, I never will. The only reason I keep you around is because your body gives me pleasure that nobody else can, and because of Aiden. But I swear if you ever do something like that again I will get rid of you once and for all. Understand?" He whispered cruelly. I nodded my head the best I could and with an cruel laugh he stood up.

"I'm going out with the boys, but you better be awake when I get back." He smirked giving me a lustfull look, I shuddered in disgust knowing exactly what he meant. "Oh and make sure my baby boy feels better." He added this time genuinely concerned. With that Mason walked out of the room.

I couldn't move and whenever I did it was like fire was ignited inside of me. I laid there for at least half an hour before I found a tiny ounce of energy and slowly, painfully, pulled myself up off of the ground. I looked down at the wooden floor and saw that there was blood every where. I was scared to see myself but with a deep breath I walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror.

My appearance brought tears to my eyes. I had a very nasty black eye on my left side and right under my other eye laid a long and bleeding cut. My nose was gushing blood but I didn't think that it's broken. My lip was busted open and swollen and I could see various black bruises all over my face. I carefully pulled my shirt up and stared in horror at my mid section. Both of my sides were badly bruised and I was sure that I had broken some ribs and my stomach was bruised also bruised. My arms had Masons hand prints all over them and like I had thought earlier he had left bruises on my chin.

I still staring at myself in the mirror when I heard Aiden start to cry again from across the hall. I sighed heavily then hissed in pain because of my ribs. I slowly walked out of the bedroom and into Aidens baby blue room. My little boy was seated on his bum looking up at me as I stood by his crib. I clenched my teeth, knowing that it was going to cause me pain picking him up, before gently leaning down and scooping him into my arms. Tears came to my eyes and I let a couple fall as I tried to to hold in the screams that wanted to come out of my mouth.

I figured that Aidens stomach still hurt and I obviously need to be seen by the pack doctor so exited the room and made my way towards her office in the basement. Aiden and I live in the pack house with Mason because he's the alpha and that's where he wanted us to be. I passed many people on my journey down to the doctors office and there was different emotions on all of there faces. Some of the cruel people from my school snickered and smirked as I passed them while others, the adults of the pack, had pitiful and sad looks on there faces. I had just made it to the stairs that would lead me to the basement when I heard two very familiar voices behind me.

"Carly! My dear, come over here and let us see that beautiful grandson of ours!" Paul, Masons dad, exclaimed. Now you see Paul and his wife Cindy are very kind to me, unlike some people in this pack, and they love me as there own so I know that when they see me and find out who did it they will be furious. I took a deep, painful, breath before slowly turning around. Paul and Cindy had happy smiles on there faces but as soon as they saw me it dropped.

I cautiously walked towards them until I was standing right in front of them. Cindy, a very pretty brunette with light brown eyes, had her hand to her mouth looking horrified. But Paul he looked furious, I had to try hard not to flinch back because Mason was a spitting image of his father and Paul looked exactly like Mason had not to long ago.

"Honey, who did this to you" Cindy asked in a whisper. I glanced at Paul and I could tell that he already knew.

"M-Mason." I whispered. Cindy's eyes widened but Paul's didn't change because he already knew.

"I thought we raised that boy better then that! I'll definitely be talking to him about this!" Paul said angrily. My eyes widened and I was sure they could see the fear in them.

"No! I mean its okay, you don't need to say anything to him." I said quietly. Paul had just opened his mouth to argue when Aiden started whining again. I looked down at him and slightly smiled.

"He has a belly ache. I better get down to the doctor." I said quickly. Cindy jumped up and was at my side in an instant.

"Let me walk you down there." She said. I nodded my head and waved bye to Paul, he sighed but waved back nonetheless. Cindy helped me down the stairs and I'm sure I would have fallen if she hadn't been there. Before we entered the small white room Cindy turned to me with tears in her eyes.

"Carly, I really am sorry about what my son did to you. I don't know what's gotten into him, I thought we raised him to be a good person but obviously not." She sobbed. I frowned before placing a hand on her shoulder.

"It's not your fault Cindy, you raised Mason perfectly. He's a really good person, he was just stressed and I ticked him off, it was my fault really." I lied. Cindy looked up at me and slightly smiled.

"It most definitely was not your fault and stressed or not he had no right to put his hands on you." She stated. I gave her a small fake smile, if only she knew that this wasn't the first time that he had hit me.

"Thank you Cindy but I really should get in there." I say motioning towards the door. She smiles, giving me a small hug, before kissing Aiden on the cheek and walking back up the stairs. I pushed open the door and the first thing I saw was the pack doctor, Rachel, standing by the small bed with supplies ready. I slightly smiled at her before waking over to the bed and sitting down, putting Aiden on my lap.

"Your in rough shape Carly and I'm not even going to ask what happened." Rachel stated with a sad smile. I nodded my head before placing Aiden next to me, much to his dismay, and pulling my shirt up over my head. Rachel studied my mid section before looking back to my face.

"Okay I'm going to start with your ribs because I'm sure that they hurt the worst." She said. I sucked in a deep breath as she started feeling around my ribs.

"Yep definitely broken. Looks like you have two on the left side and three on the right." She finished. I sighed closing my eyes.

"Ya I thought so." I said quietly as she started to wrap white medical tape around my ribs. She finished that off then moved to my face, cleaning out the cuts and applying ointment. She cleaned up my nose and told me what I already knew, that it wasn't broken. She then gave me a pill and told me to swallow it.

"It will take some of the pain away." She stated after I had swallowed it, and when we were all done I felt much better.

"Now there's nothing I can do about the bruises or the black eye but they should disappear in a couple days." She said kindly. Because we're werewolves we heal a lot faster then humans do.

"Okay and thank you so much. Oh and before I go is there anything you can give me for Aiden? He has a tummy ache." I asked with a smile. Rachel nodded her head before coming back with a liquid children's medicine.

"Just give him some of this and he'll feel a lot better." She said a she handed it to me. I thanked her again before scooping up a sleeping Aiden in my arms and walking out. The entire way to my bedroom I couldn't help but to think about one thing, about how Mason almost hit our two year old son. If I hadn't of thrown myself over him then he surely would have hit him. Mason loves Aiden, he loves him more then anything in this world, but that still doesn't change the fact that he almost hit our baby.

With a sigh I walked into Masons bedroom, our bedroom, and laid Aiden down on the bed. I took a seat next to him and closed my eyes. I was just laying there when suddenly I knew what I had to do. I sprung up from the bed and regretted it when my ribs screamed in protest, and looked over at the clock. Ten at night already. Mason doesn't usually come back from these little trips of his until two in the morning so I knew that I had plenty of time to do what was needed.

I started with my things, grabbing as many clothes as I could and shoving them into my medium sized suitcase. I shoved everything I could into the suit case before waking over to the closet where Mason keeps his stash of money. I took eight hundred dollars and shoved it into the suit case. I then went to Aidens room, taking with me a very large bag, and packed everything into it. His clothes, his diapers, his bottles, toys, practically his whole room before sneaking back over to my room.

I had everything that we needed gather up on the bed when suddenly the bedroom door opened. My heart stopped along with my breathing and I slowly turned around, knowing that if it was the person that I thought it was then I was a goner. I looked up and saw my two best friends standing in the door way, staring at me with disbelief.

Taylor and Eric. My two best friends in the entire world and practically family. The two were holding hands, because they are mates, as I took them in. Eric with his light brown hair and dark grey eyes, and Taylor with her dark chocolate brown hair and matching eyes.

"What happened to you?" Eric questioned, his mouth hanging open. I slightly giggled at his wide open mouth before composing myself.

"Mason is what happened to me." I said quietly, because Aiden was still sleeping. Taylor's nose scrunched up and she looked angry, in a kitten kind of way.

"That bastard!" She yelled. I hissed at her to shut up, pointing to my sleeping baby.

"Oops sorry." She said with a smile. I rolled my eyes before sitting on the bed.

"He tried to hit Aiden. He tried to hit our two year old son." I stated quietly but angrily. They both gasped but didn't say a word. It was actually hard to believe that Mason had almost hit Aiden because he loves him so much and everybody knows that. When I had told Mason that I was pregnant I had expected him to be angry but he wasn't he was the complete opposite actually. I slightly smiled remembering the day and the nine months after that, when I was pregnant Mason was good to me, he didn't say hurtful things and he didn't forcefully take me.

"Your leaving?" Taylor's soft voice broke me out of my thoughts. I looked into her sad eyes and slowly nodded my head.

"I have to. He almost hit Aiden, and look what he did to me, he's never hurt me this bad before." I said with a firmness in my voice.

"I know it's the right thing for you to do but I don't want you to go." Eric whispered. I smiled a sad smile at my two friends before nodding.

"I know but I have to." I replied.

"Masons going to freak and so is the rest of the pack, you know how much Aiden means to everyone." Taylor stated. I sighed. I knew that this would be a problem. Everyone, especially Mason, will freak out when they see that Aidens gone. Aidens the next in line for alpha, the heir, and that means a lot to everyone.

"I know." I whispered, my voice coarse. I glanced at the clock to see that it was already eleven thirty.

"I need to leave, now." I stated standing up. Eric and Taylor nodded their heads.

"How are you going to leave, you can't run in wolf form." Eric asked. I smiled slightly, I already have this all figured out.

"I'm taking Masons SUV." I said. I grabbed Aidens blue blanket off of the bed and wrapped him in it before picking him up. Eric grabbed my suitcase and Taylor grabbed Aidens bag. We silently crept down the stairs, and I was relieved to see that everyone had already gone to bed. We snuck out the front door and down the drive way to where the car was parked. I unlocked the SUV with the keys I had grabbed before climbing in and placing Aiden in his carseat. Eric and Taylor placed our bags in the back seat before waking over to me and engulfing me in a group hug.

"We're going to miss you so much, call us when you get somewhere safe." Taylor cried. I nodded my head trying to hold in tears, Taylor and Eric are practically the only family I have.

"I promise." I said before they released me, I climbed into the large car, starting it up and backed out of the drive way, I took one last look at my best friends and the place I grew up at before speeding away into the night, hopefully to start a better life for me and my son.

....................................................................

Hey guys! So this is my new story! Haha obviously but if your reading this thank you! I've never written a story that has a child in it so sorry if its a little bit off or whatever. I know it kinda seems a little slow and boring but I promise it will get better! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764K 16.7K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
499K 11.9K 26
A seventeen-year-old Kathryn Emilia Montgomery, was abused, hated, and treated like an omega by her own pack. That's right, she is a she-wolf, but no...
68 1 4
Esme has always dreamed of seeing the world, of being free. For her, pack life is awful, and being tied down to one place is a nightmare. As soon as...
505K 16.3K 31
Natalie was raised in a world where there is nothing more sacred than the mate bond. She lived with that belief all of her life, but when one of her...