A New Breed Of Hope ( Sequel...

By Tracyp

Abby has changed, but she is not the only one. Now she must lead an army to find those she has lost, and find... More

Summery
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Fourteen

2.2K 161 8
By Tracyp

Hey everybody, I just want to thank everybody for all of their patience with me, I’m so glad I finally finished a chapter, probably not my best since I’ve been out for a while though.. Anyway I've had requests for a recap of the characters so I'll make a quick list.

Abby- 16 year old turned Damphir, father is the first Vampire ever made, was turned fully by The Creator with her father’s blood.

Jarrod- Abby's first love, also a Damphir who has been corrupted by The Creator.

Jacob- Jarrod's twin, also a Damphir is in on and off relationship with Leah.

Leah- Abby's roommate at school, a Damphir and has found love with Jacob.

Calli- A powerful witch saw Zane for who he really was and fell in, love.

Aiden- An Elemental, shy and quiet has found his other half in

Zane- Abby's brother who was taken from their mother and hidden, he is also the son of The Creator and in love with Calli, Abby turned Zane when his father had him tortured.

Julius- The First ever Vampire and Abby's father, has a past with Selena.

Selena- A witch working with the council has a thing for Julius and an uneasy relationship with her mother.

Magda- A powerful seer and Salena's mother, is not fond of the council, does what she wants when she wants.

Marcus- Previously a guard and is also in love with Abby.

Jazz and Eddie- both shifters recruited by Magda.

Reid, Jake and Sarah - Wolves also recruited by Magda.

*****************

Abby sat on the kitchen counter swinging her legs back and forth as she watched Marcus, his back was facing her as he made himself some sort of sandwich. Abby's eyes roamed Marcus's muscular back and once again found herself comparing him to Jarrod. Her heart raced as she pictured her beloved in her mind, how caring and thoughtful he was when they first met how the passion between them was electric.

"You’re thinking of him aren’t you?" Marcus asked.

Abby's eyes refocused as she noticed the tension in Marcus's shoulders, his body frozen in anticipation of her answer.

"Yes" Abby whispered.

Marcus's shoulders sagged and he let out a sigh before turning to face her, his eyes full of hurt.

"You will never be free of him, he holds far more of you then I ever could"

Abby felt a sudden pain in her heart as she realized Marcus was right and it wasn’t fair to let him think he had a chance, Abby would never regret their friendship but whatever they had together could not bloom any further without causing all parties involved heartache.

Marcus moved closer slowly and braced his hands on either side of Abby grasping the counter with force. His face loomed closer until Abby could inhale his familiar masculine scent.

"I wish things could be different" Marcus breathed quietly.

Abby's gaze never left Marcus's, her breathing hitched and her mind became a jumble of thoughts. Her mind was made up she had chosen Jarrod and always would but with Marcus so close Abby's brain began to fight the decision.

Her senses sharpened, Marcus's heartbeat sounded like a drumbeat in her ears beating faster and faster and louder and louder, the sound of blood running through veins made Abby's fangs slowly descend. Abby licked her lips, Marcus eyes followed the action widening at the sight of her fangs. Marcus tried to retreat as he watched Abby's eyes glaze over with what could only be described as lust, Marcus knew Abby's vampire side was taking over and he wouldn't stand a chance.

Abby grabbed Marcus shoulder bringing him closer with force. "Stay" she commanded. Marcus found himself frozen and helpless unable to move from the beauty before him.

Abby knew what she was doing was wrong but the urge was to strong all she could think of was Marcus's sweet blood and how it would feel dripping down her throat. As if no longer in control Abby's head moved forward her nose trailed up the side of Marcus's neck and she inhaled deeply, a shudder ran through her body as she trailed her fangs down and over the pulse beating so fast.

Nothing mattered now, not Jarrod,  not The Creator, the only thing consuming Abby's mind was how she wanted to drain every drop of the sweet smelling nectar that was clouding her thoughts. Abby traced the pulse once more before raising her head slightly as she prepared to strike.

Without warning Abby was ripped away from her meal a scream of protest left her lips as she flew backwards and crashed into the wall, plaster raining down on her. Not a second later she was up again and pounced straight for her prey.

"Abby"

Marcus voice reached Abby through her haze, her hands visibly shook as she realized she was still sitting on the counter and hadn’t actually attacked Marcus at all. They both jumped as the kitchen door flew open, crashing against the wall with force. Zane stood in the doorway his eyes full of panic as he took in the sight before him.

Marcus looked between brother and sister in confusion, "Don’t" Zane begged Abby in a firm voice.

Abby knew the moment her eyes had locked with Zane that he had saw the vision that had tormented her mind. Abby shook her head and hopped from the counter.

"I would never do that to someone I care about"

"Could someone explain what exactly is happening here?" Marcus asked.

"Not now Marcus, just a misunderstanding. I need to talk to Zane okay"

Marcus didn’t look happy but nodded and resumed his task as both Abby and Zane walked out. When they were out of ear shot Zane grabbed Abby by the shoulder and spun her to face him.

“What the hell was that? I could practically feel you draining him Abby"

"Don’t be so dramatic Zane” Abby snapped " I didn’t actually go near him "

Zane flinched at Abby's tone; the ager was rolling off her in waves. Zane knew this was more than a vision, Abby had changed in ways he couldn’t understand.

"Abby we both know you wanted too, I could feel it too, practically tasted his blood. What’s going on? I'm sorry I haven’t been here but I am now and I want to help, just let me in."

Despite Zane’s words touching a part of her Abby couldn’t control her anger, she was losing control fast and she knew it.

"Not now Zane"

"If not now then when? This isn’t like you Abby and we need to find out what's happening to you, to us both."

Abby could feel her rage pushing forward, a rage even she didn’t understand, trying to keep a handle on it she took a deep breath.

"i said later Zane and I meant it., we have more important things to worry about now, like how to get Jarrod back."

"Look I know how much you care about Jarrod but I think...."

"I don’t care what you think" Abby spat "You don’t know anything about me and Jarrod or how I feel right now, so for the last time drop it."

Zane took a step back, Abby's chest was heaving and Zane could see the anger in her eyes, he knew it would do him no good to push her any further. Abby's comment had hurt Zane but she was the only family he had left and he would be dammed if he let anything happen to her.  Without another word Zane turned and walked away, he hoped a visit to Magda would provide some answers.

Zane walked past the guards outside the castle and strode to Magda's caravan, he was grateful the witch had chosen to stay outside away from prying eyes. Just as he was about to knock the door swung open and Magda stared down at him with her all knowing eyes. Without a word spoken Magda turned and left the door open, Zane took one last look at the castle before following her in.

Abby watched Zane’s retreating back with her fists clenched. Her mind was in turmoil; on one hand she wanted the rage to come forth to let loose for once, on the other she knew something was wrong and that her words had hurt her brother. A slight cough had Abby spinning around. Bastien stood before her, his shrewd eyes slowly took in her stance, her heaving chest, her clenched fists and the look of anger in her eyes. Abby simply cocked her head, waiting for a response.

Bastien laughed out loud.

"Having a tantrum are we?”

"I'm not in the mood Bastien, what do you want?"

Bastiens eyes clouded over. "Yes I see that, but don’t forget who you are talking to Abby. Control yourself we have work to do"

Abby closed her eyes and took a breath, she brought up images in her mind of all those she loved, of all the laughter they shared. The anger quickly fled her mind as if it was being chased by the devil itself. Opening her eyes she looked at Bastien, still unsure what had exactly happened to her.

Bastien nodded his head once in approval. "The other council members are waiting, it's time we learned what this new boy knows."

Abby had totally forgotten about Dillon, although she feared he had all ready told her all that he knew.

"Lead the way."

Bastien walked into the council's chambers first, Abby respectfully nodded at those around her and smiled at both her father and Selena. Dillon was sat at the end of the table and Abby felt sorry for him, he looked alone and quite frankly intimidated. Abby took the seat to his right and gave him a smile and encouraging nod, he smiled back gratefully.

"State your name" Bastien bellowed, making Dillon jump.

Abby rolled her eyes at Bastien. "He's not on trial you know"

Bastien glared at Abby, his lips twitching slightly as he gestured towards Dillon.

Dillon cleared his throat before straightening his shoulders and speaking clearly. "Dillon Stone sir."

"Dillon, before we get to your imprisonment could you tell us about your parents? it is very rare to come across as species such as yourself. “Ava, one of the council women asked.

Dillon shrugged his shoulders. "There’s nothing to tell, I'm an orphan. I’ve been on my own since I was ten, when I found out what I was. "

"Where we you before then?" Selena asked.

"With a foster family, actually they were nice, for a while. They adopted me when I was a baby, said I was found not far from their compound. The Luna refused to let me go wanted to bring me up as her own,"

"What happened?" Abby asked softly.

"What happened?” Dillon scoffed. "The same thing that always happens, when my powers came in I couldn't control them. If i was angry I could shift into a bird or a fox or a wolf or I could make the heavens open up. I had no idea who I was, no one could help me."

"What did the Luna do?" Julius asked

Dillon shrugged "I overheard her talking to the Alpha about sending me away so I left before they had the chance. I've been on my own ever since, trying teach myself control"

"Wow" Abby exclaimed

The council members all turned to look at her. "What? He's obviously very powerful; it took guts to do what he did."

"So" Bastien interrupted "How is it that you became a prisoner and do you know why you were taken?”

"I was caught off guard by some demons, they injected me with something before I could even attempt to defend myself, the next thing I knew I was strung up beside this boy who had been beaten within an inch of his life"

Abby cringed at that thought of Zane being tortured, his memories tried to slip to the surface but Abby held them back, it was not a moment she wanted to relive.

"So you have no idea why you were taken?"

"They never really said much, just came in and toyed with us. They said we were special and that He needed us. Zane would take the most of the beatings he would torment them; I knew he was doing it to keep them away from me. Sometimes they would knock us out, never knew how long we were out but we would always wake to see this one guard smirking at us like he knew something we didn't. "

"I think your origin has something to do with it." Selena stated.

"Why does it have to come down to that, I don't understand what everyone's problem is, so what if his parents are mixed, I'm sure it’s not the first time it's happened." Abby snapped.

 ”Actually Abby with certain species it is impossible to reproduce"

Abby looked at Bastien. "I'm guessing this is one of them?" she asked gesturing towards Dillon.

Bastien nodded his head. "There has never been a record of this before; this makes you the first of your kind Dillon."

"Nothing like a half breed to stir things up.” Dillon said bitterly.

Abby was about to respond when a knock on the door interrupted them. A guard strode in and bent down to whisper in Bastiens ear.

Bastien nodded and rose. "I think we have learned all we can for now. Abby we are needed there has been an attack by demons near the border."

Abby nodded and stood up squeezing Dillon’s shoulder as she past, finally something she could handle, there was nothing sweeter to Abby than the dying cries of a demon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 881 22
This is the story of the ninja alchemist. She has went through a lot in the past and hasn't gotten over most of it yet. Then she meets a certain some...
565K 11.5K 33
He's known to be like the devil, that's how he got his name. A cold hearted killer. People vanish when they see his presence, but scream when they do...
293K 16.5K 28
Lucy doesn't have any memories from when she was a child. All she remembers is the boy who saved her life, after she had been attack by a vampire. Y...
5.7K 40 27
Jaci Garcia just wants to be normal. Have a normal family, friends, and day to day routine but all that's kind of hard to do with died parents. Being...