Falling for the Popular Girl

Door 9forgotten

*** I wrote this when I was like..14/15 and personally don't think it's one of the better works I've done bu... Meer

Chapter 1- School Project
Chapter 2- Soccer Game
Chapter 3- Game Time!
Chapter 4- Horses
Chapter 5- The forest
Chapter 6- Meeting Jessica's Parents
Chapter 7- Dinner and a random horror movie
Chapter 8- Confessions?
Chapter 9- The Mall
Chapters 10&11
Chapter 12- The Sunset
Chapter 13- Could it really be love?
Chapter 14- Playing Games
Chapter 15- Heading home
Chapter 16- Welcome to Hell
Chapter 18- A visit to the past
Chapter 19- Queen of Poisons
Chapter 20- It's Time To Change
Chapter 21- RIde in the Woods
Chapter 22- Midnight and the stranger
Chapter 23- Back to school
Chapter 24- Library/Book Store Encounter
Chapter 25- Lost Child
Chapter 26- Thunderstorm Terrors
Chapter 27- Back to School and Threats
Chapter 28- Mistakes Made
Chapter 29- Regrets?
Chapter 30- In trouble now
Chapter 31- Gone
Chapter 32- Coming to Conclusions
Chapter 33- A new puzzle
Chapter 34- Second chances
Chapter 35- What now?
Chapter 36- The dreaded visit part 1
Chapter 37- The dreaded visit part 2
Chapter 38- The work office
Chapter 39- From me to You
Epilogue Chapter 1 - Where's the good in Goodbye?
Epilogue Chapter 2- Facing the World Together
Author Notes

Chapter 17- Meeting Eve

61.8K 1.7K 366
Door 9forgotten

Jessica’s POV 

I wake up around 6:30, a good hour or so before I had to leave for school. Sitting up, I look around and smile softly as I recall yesterdays events. Smiling still, I hop out of bed and walk to my bathroom to take a long shower.

I strip down and hop into the shower as warm water hits my back. I take a speedy shower and get dressed quickly. I text Jake, telling him to get his lazy butt to my house. I needed to ask him something about Kaylee. 

Did he know anything about her past? I wanted, needed to know. I sigh as I finish packing my books up and walking downstairs. 

“Good Morning Jess” my parents greet me. I smile and nod “Morning mom, dad. What’s for breakfast?” I ask looking around the kitchen. They shrug “Whatever you want” my mom answers. 

I nod and get myself a bowl and some cereal along with milk and a spoon. I hunt around our refrigerator for some blueberries as the doorbell rings. I pop up “I got it!” I yell running to the door. I grin as I see Jake, half asleep with his bag over one shoulder, half open “Morning” he mumbles walking in. 

I laugh “Morning sleepy head” I say dragging him to the kitchen. “Well, well, someone’s in a good mood” he observes smirking. I roll my eyes “Shut up, did you eat?” I ask hitting his arm playfully. 

He shakes his head no and I nod “Okay, come on. I was about to eat, you can join us” I say entering the kitchen. My parents look up and smile “Oh, good morning Jake” they greet him with a smile. 

They all knew I was gay so I didn’t have to hide anything from these three. But all three still liked to tease me about it when I’m hanging with guy friends and stuff. 

“Did she call you over to talk about that girl?” my dad asks Jake. He shrugs and gets himself a bagel. “Most likely, she’s cute. Have you met her?” he answers grinning. I blush slightly “Hey! I’m standing right here you know!” I say scowling at them. 

Jake laughs “Yeah, we know. your hard to miss” he says winking at me. I smack his arm and return to eating. I hear my dad laughing “Yeah, we met her. Nice girl but quite mysterious don’t you think?” he says frowning slightly. 

No doubt he’s recalling his conversation with her. I roll my eyes as Jake nods slightly “Yeah...she’s had a rough past and not the best home life. I don’t know everything, best person to ask is her best friend Eve. SHe knows everything about her while I know only some” he says shrugging slightly. 

My parents perk up a bit. “Eve you say? Do you know her? Would she tell you anything? Oh and tell us what you know. She’s such a kind girl but we can tell there’s something bothering her” my mom says sighing.

Jake blinks and glancing at me. I just shrug, silently saying ‘your on your own buddy’. He glares at me and I smirk in return. He turns to the toaster, getting his food before answering. 

“I know she’s been playing soccer for a long time, has horses, had a dad and brother, lives with her mom, has two jobs, is depressed, hates her mom, ummmm.....yeah I think that pretty much all I know. Oh and one of her jobs is at the public library” he says. 

I get up,looking at my family as they stare at him, thinking about what he said while he looked like he said something he shouldn’t have. 

“I hope she’s okay. We made it clear, hopefully, to her last night that she can always come here or give us a call if she needs help” my mom says finally. Jake nods slightly as he eats is bagel. 

I glance at the time and sigh “Lets go sleepy head, school time” I say yawning. He grins and jumps up from his seat “Thank you and have a good day Mr and Mrs. Nights” he says following me out “Bye mom! Bye dad! have an awesome day!” i yell as I grab my car keys. 

I smile as we get into my car and drive off “Sheesh, I asked you over to talk to you about her but not all that” I say as I start up the car. He laughs “Is it the fact your like in love with her and you don’t know what to do about it?” he asks smirking at me.

I blink before hitting his arm “Ow! What’s was that for!?” he yelps glaring at me “For making assumptions that aren’t true” I answer somewhat stiffly. He rolls his eyes “Stop denying it” 

I shrug as I drive down the street “I have no idea what the hell your talking about” I say, keeping my eyes on the road. He just laughs and insists that I do. We keep up this pointless argument the whole way to school. 

“Oh shut up and lets go before we’re late” I say grabbing my bag and hoping out of the car. I grab my keys and walk swiftly to the front doors, entering with out even waiting for Jake. “Yeah thats nice, leave your best friend behind!” he yells running after me. 

I just roll my eyes and head to our first class which we shared. I enter and sit on the left, near the windows. Jake runs in just as the last bell rings. I laugh and he glares as he makes his way to his desk in the middle of the room.

I sigh and zone out, glancing out the window often as the teacher drones on and on. This class and the 2 pass by quickly and soon lunch is here. I meet up with Jake again and we head down to the cafeteria together.

We get our food and stop to talk to a few people before heading outside since it was nice. We sit on the grass in front of the school, just talking about whatever came to mind. 

“Oh hey look” he suddenly says pointing to the left of us. Approaching us, was a girl about the same hight, if not a little taller, as Kaylee. She had on a pair of boy jeans and a t-shirt on, short black hair with blue highlights, and pretty green eyes. She had her hands on her hips as she stops a few feet in front of us and looked rather mad, upset, nervous and worried all at once. 

“Who the heck is she?” I whisper to Jake. He just smiles and waves slightly “Hey Eve” he greets the girl. She nods at him “Hey Jake” she answer still looking at me. I blink “Jess, this is Eve” Jake says after a moment of silence. 

I nod slightly “Hey Eve, whats up?” I ask running a hand through my hair. “Have you seen Kaylee?” she asks right away. I shake my head “No...why?” I answer slowly, a bit puzzled. jake just sits there eating silently as he watches us. 

Eve, casts a worried look around the school yard “She’s not here and she hasn’t answered my calls or texts” she says a bit distraught. I shrug not really getting why this was bad. “So? Maybe she’s sick or something? Or she’s forgotten to reply? Or she got her phone taken away?” I say. 

Eve stops looking around and turns to look at me. “What? Are you kidding! She always shows up to school, never lets anyone touch her phone, hardly ever gets sick, and always remembers to reply in the morning if I’ve texted late at night” Eve says like I should know all this. 

I shrug again “Sorry? I didn’t know, I’ve only know her for like 3 days” I say taking a bit of my sandwich. Eve blinks and stares at me “Interesting....your Jessica Night, correct?” she asks suddenly. I nod slightly “yes thats me....” i say puzzled. 

“Popular girl who got paired with her for some school project. You went to her soccer game, you’ve already been to each other’s houses briefly, you took her horse back riding, you guys got lost in the woods, you found her father and older brothers grave. You got out saturday morning, you got lectured, she saved your butt, you dad gave her wine, she stayed for dinner and slept over. you finished your project that night, watched a scary movie, you talked to Jake, then when the movie was done you went to bed, she ended up sleeping on your balcony, then you guys hung out for the day and she showed you her favorite place to go. She showed you the sunset and you guys played around for a bit before she took you home. Right?” 

Jake and I stare at her as she tilts her head “Well?” she presses. Jake looks over at me then Eve then back to me, speechless. “Are you stalking me?” I ask managing to find my voice. She smiles slightly and shakes her head “No, Kay tells me everything” 

Jake turns to me, smiling slightly “I told you Kaylee tells Eve everything” he say smirking slightly. I roll my eyes and smack his arm “Oh shut it” I mutter running a hand through my hair again. 

I glare at Jake as he takes my fruit roll up candy thing “hey! Give it back!” I shout, diving at him. I wrestle him for it, both of us forgetting Eve was still there. Jake laughs and finally gives it back to me. I smack his arm and scowl. 

“Are you two dating?” she asks. We turn back to her and smile sheepishly as we remember she was still there “No, we’re just best friends” I say smiling at her. “Aww darn, you just totally friend zoned me” he mutter pretending to be sad. I laugh and roll my eyes “Shut up, you know I don’t like you like that. Or any guy really dummy” I say.

jake stares at me with an unreadable expression. I blink and realize I pretty much admitted to being gay to some kid I just met. I glance over at Eve, waiting for her reaction. She just smiles “Really? That’s cool! Kay is too, gay I mean. Don’t tell her I told you that though” she says laughing as she sits down. 

I nod slowly and smile “You gay too?” I ask curiously. She shakes her head “Nah, straight as can be” she says laughing. I laugh along softly “Oh cool. And kay knows? Wait, of corse she does. How are you guys such great friends and stuff?” I ask still curious. I glance at Jake and he seemed mildly interested as well. 

Eve shrugs “Might as well tell you but it’s a long story. Mind skipping your next class?” she asks glancing at the time. Lunch would be over in about 5 minutes and I had Math next. I nod, knowing I could easily catch up, I was awesome at Math. 

Jake nods as well, I think he had English with Kay his period but I wasn’t sure. Eve nods “Well, get comfortable them and remember, none of this gets repeated unless I say, got it?” she ask seriously. 

I nod slightly “promise” I chorus with Jake. She nods and pauses before starting. 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

136K 4K 19
❝That's the thing about love. It isn't going to be easy, it isn't going to be smooth, but it's going to be worth it. Because sometimes you have to ta...
155K 5.1K 38
sequel to "The Difference Between You and Me" !!!! i recommend reading that one first ^ because it gives you the beginning of Dakota and Lucy's love...
1.2M 16.4K 43
What really happened to Jessica? The once shy girl now turned lethal and cocky as some would say. 3 years was along time ago, 3 years was when she l...
340 22 22
Well what can I say about this story...Well it is basically a love story between two females, how they meet, how their relationship gets started and...