Truth

By horizon512

In college, Rowan meets new friends and discovers a new side of himself and begins to truly reminisce his pas... More

1.Evelyn
2.Coast
3.Eight
4.Daisy
5.Bonfire
6.Stephanie
7.Steven
8.Nina
9.Ordinary
10.Text
11.Cramp
12.Love
13.Fucked
14.Four Days
15.Concern
16.One Swig
17.Mess
18.Ward
19.Thoughts
20.December
22.Tarim
23.Truth

21.Finding Steven

1 0 0
By horizon512

I put the hand brake on then stared in front of me. Through the glass of my car, at the tip of the bonnet, was the driveway to my childhood home. I needed to see Steven, the feeling in me was strong and I couldn't comprehend why. I lit a cigarette between my teeth but didn't touch the whiskey bottle by my side; I wanted to stay sober for now.

I rung the front bell, I'd been away for so long I didn't feel I had the right to just walk in. I waited for a while, took extra drags on the cigarette before throwing it into the dirt beside the step.

A small, middle-aged woman opened the door. She had short black hair and dark skin. She had an apron around her middle, like she'd been baking. I had no idea who she was. I wasn't aware Steven had a girlfriend, or a maid or anything like that. This woman was a mystery to me.

"I need to see Steven." I said to her. I started to look behind her, standing taller to do so, but all I could see was a dining table where the sofa should be and a rug that I'd never seen before. There were potted plants everywhere, which was unusual because Steven hated plants indoors - he said they were made for the outside, that the inside was our space not theirs.

"There's no Steven here darlin', I think you got the wrong place." She explained. She was wrong.

"I lived here all my life, I know my home when I see it." I retorted. "Can I please just see Steven?"

"There ain't no Steven here, I already told you."

"Stop lying to me!" I said, my voice raising slightly. I hit my fist onto the wall beside me out of frustration. My head was starting to swim, as if I had in fact drunk from that whiskey bottle. I felt drunk out of frustration.

"Please leave now." The woman said sharply, slamming the door shut in my face.

"Where is he?" I shouted, but it was in vain. She didn't come back. So, I slunk away back to my car and drove away with my foot pressed to the floor.

I didn't know how Icould find him, but I had an idea who might. So I drove back to the campus tofind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 1.4K 40
Ivy, an unpopular girl or woman rather. She lives in the background going about her business. She is invisible to others, or at least it seems that w...
Legacy By Lia Rivers

General Fiction

84 3 14
Rowan has seven cousins. She loves them so much, although she's barely spent time with six of them. But now, they're all coming together to experienc...
2.7K 105 36
18+ Trigger warning for talk of suicide/drugs.* A story about a young human girl who tries to steal from a fae man. She gets put in a cell under the...
156 8 15
{This is not a fanfiction ^^;} [Also, ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️] Raven is a 15 year old girl with some family issues. Well, more like issues in general. Sh...