Knock Knock

By MauraCullen

Aurora is a weird girl, in general. She's always alone in her home because her mom and dad are away 11 months... More

Knock Knock
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chaper 11 (I'm sorry)
Chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38-FIN
EPILOGUE

chapter 3

506 15 3
By MauraCullen

~~~~~~~please tell me if you would like me to put a bit of the end of the last chapter before each chapter starts again or not. I can't decide! thank you!~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 3

I took a shower the minute I got up, laughing at myself in the mirror because my hair was crusty and I looked like an alien. I stood there and took a picture of myself making a face. Don't ask why, I just do that. I scrubbed my hair in the shower, getting the salt water out. I wrapped a towel around me the second I got out, paranoid of spies. I put on my dark jean shorts and a top that said "If something isn't about elephants, its ir-elephant." With a blue background and an elephant on it. I turned on my phone after sitting on my bed staring at my ceiling trying to see my glow in the dark stars in the light. I even turned the lights off and they didn't turn on! I guess it only works in pitch black. After I turned on my phone, it buzzed incessantly. I sighed and slid it open, seeing a message from Lila saying she was coming at 11:00. I checked the time, it's 10:55 right now. Darn my laziness! I stood and slipped my flippy floppies on and marched downstairs. Right as my foot hit the last step the door flew open.

"Come on Sleeper we haven't got all day!" Lila screamed at me. I chuckled and grabbed by small bag with my chapstick and money in it. I followed her to her convertible and put my phone in my pocket. She wore pink shorts and a white flowery top, her hair up in a ponytail.

"So what's the plan? Where are we meeting them?" I asked when we drove away from my house. She grinned at me excitedly, like she always does when something has to do with boys.

"We are meeting at the mall, at King Burger, where they can do it your way, but don't get crazy!" she replied, saying the end in a ghetto accent like in Mad TV. We both burst out laughing and we finally came to the mall in Hollywood, everything lined with bright rainbow lights and tourists taking pictures. We looked at each other as we walked into the mall and shook our heads at the ridiculous people dragging cameras around and hiding behind plants to catch a star. We headed to the cafeteria and sat at a table because apparently they weren't coming until noon, and we have a half an hour to wait now. I scowled at Lila as she sat calmly, making me aware of the fact I will be bored for the next half hour. "Aurora, please don't say anything embarrassing about me, okay? The guys who asked me out is really hot okay?" she pleaded.

"When have I ever embarrassed you? It's always you who says something about me!" I said laughing. She tapped her chin jokingly.

"Oh yeah. Well don't start today and I won't say anything!" she promised.

"Wait, what are they guys' names?" I asked, noticing I had no idea who to look for.

"One's name is Paul and the other is Evan." She said, glancing around. "Paul is the one who likes me." She reassured me. I had a thing about people named Paul. The name makes me laugh to much because I knew someone named Paul who was hilarious and stupid. I nodded at her and she was quiet until her face lit up. "Here they come!" she squealed. I sighed inwardly and put on a smile. I turned to look at the boys walking our way, one had a buzz cut and wore a wife-beater to show off his muscles and jeans. I knew that was Paul because that's exactly the kind of person Lila likes. The other boy had black hair that fell over his eyes and green eyes and wore a casual collared shirt and jeans. I waved at them and they grinned and walked over. Evan took a seat across from me and Paul took a seat across from Lila.

"Hey, I'm Paul." The guy I thought was Paul said shaking my hand and Lila's, winking at her. She blushed and I rolled my eyes at them. Evan turned to me, smiling.

"I'm Evan." He greeted, shaking my hand along with Lila's.

"I'm Lila and she's Aurora, my best friend." Lila said, with an undertone of a threat, saying 'if you dare hurt her, I won't hesitate to stab you with a spork.' I nodded, smiling.

"Now, I don't know about you, but I haven't eaten and I'm hungry." I said pushing myself out from under the round table and standing. Evan stood too.

"I'll come with you." He said happily. I glanced at Lila to make sure it was okay and she nodded me off. I shrugged at Evan and we walked to the counter of the burger place.

"Chicken nuggets please, with a chocolate smoothie." I ordered. "Oh, make that a kid's meal, please." Smiled at the cashier and she gave me a drowsy look and nodded, punching in the codes. I handed her my money.

"Kid's meal?" Evan asked curiously. I nodded at him, smiling. "Not a big appetite?" he wondered and I shook my head smirking slightly. I pointed to the sign showing the kid's meal.

"It comes with a Batman toy." I answered, taking my food. Evan chuckled and ordered his food after me, following me back to the table after. I sat and dumped my food on my tray.

"Dude, you got a Batman toy?" Lila exclaimed. I grinned at her with a French fry in my mouth and nodded at her. She jumped up and went to the counter.

"Why did she go?" Paul asked, confused.

"Dude, it's Batman. He's epic." I answered, staring at him with a serious face on. He chuckled and nodded.

"So, Aurora, what school do you go to?" Evan asked.

"Crestwater. It's in the town off of Hollywood." I answered. He nodded lightly. "What school do you go to?" I asked.

"We go to Tracy Academy." He answered smugly, seeming to search my face for surprise. I nodded, not surprised at all. Of course, a rich preppy kid. I have to admit, I'm rich, but I don't walk around flaunting it. Many people in Crestwater are rich but didn't want to move to Hollywood because of the crowds. Evan seemed taken aback by me not saying "OMG ARE YOU UBER RICH AND JUNK? DO YOU HAVE PARTIES ON YACHTS AND HAVE GREMLINS DO YOUR LAUDRY?" like most girls would. Well maybe not the gremlin part. Lila came back and dumped her food out, searching for the toy. She held up the Batman flashlight with the symbol over it, the same I got.

"Oh yeah! I'm awesome! I can call Batman whenever I want!" she bragged to Paul, who laughed uncomfortably. I held back a laugh when I saw Evan and Paul give each other confused looks. They have no idea what they've gotten into.

"You do know Batman isn't real, right?" Paul said almost worriedly. Lila gave him a straight look.

"Of course I do. His name is Bruce Wayne. I'm not stupid." She said, glancing at me and winking. I could tell that she ended up not liking Paul and was trying to scare him off.

"You girls actually think he's a real guy? He was a comic!" Evan said. I looked at him with hurt on my face and bit my lip.

"I can't believe you just said that. Come one Lila, lets go call Batman and Robin." I said sadly, standing up with my purse in hand. Lila put on a hurt face too and we both stood and left. We heard the boys call after us and we hurried outside before bursting in laughter. "Nice thinking Lila! They were completely confused!" I said between laughs.

"I do what I do!" she laughed loudly. We got into her car and started driving home.

"Hey, how about we go over to Chester's?" I said after a minute or two in the car. Lila nodded happily and we headed toward his house. When we came to the large cream colored home, we took in the sight of four cars, three belonging to Drake, Thomas, and Eric. We got out of the car and ran up the long path to the door. We knocked and only waited for a second before we heard a chorus of "Come in". We walked into the house and I headed to the basement, hearing rock band playing. I ran down to the steps, Lila following behind. I walked down the steps more quietly, wanting to surprise them. I could hear an intense round of Rock Band just staring, the singer not singing yet. I waited and listened to the singer start, and he was extremely good. He sounded like the person. It was a U2 song. I walked down the rest of the steps and smiled at the back of everyone's head.

"CAUSE THE PARTY DON'T START TILL I WALK IN!" I sang loudly. Everyone's head turned around, Drake on the drums, Tyler on a guitar, probably Bass, Chester on another guitar, Eric watching silently, Thomas playing the piano. Surprisingly, Eamon was the singer. I held back a chuckle because he's Irish and so is Bono, the star of U2. I waved at all of them and they chuckled, except Eamon, who nodded at me, clutching the microphone tightly. Lila came down after me and groaned.

"I wanted to say that!" she whined loudly. We all laughed at her and I jumped over the couch and sat by the drums and Drake. They started playing again and they seemed to try harder now that we're here. I sang along quietly, trying not to disrupt Eamon. The song ended and I clapped loudly, whooping at them all.

"You guys should make a band!" I said smiling at them.

"Sleeping Beauty, just because we can play fake instruments does not mean we would be good a the real thing. I've tried." Drake said, patting my head like a dog. I scowled at him playfully, he's like my older brother.

"Fine, well I think Peter Pan should at least because he sounded like Bono during that song." I said simply. Eamon looked down and blushed.

"Peter Pan...?" Everyone said at the same time.

"Eamon, you idioms!" I yelled. The all plugged their ears jokingly and laughed at me.

"Why Peter Pan?" Chester asked.

"Because... I don't know. He's green I guess and Eamon's Irish... but now that I think about it I should name you Lucky Charms." I said rubbing my head. They all laughed.

"I think I like Peter Pan better, Aurora." Eamon said quietly. I smiled at him and nodded.

"You can call me Rory, or Roar, or Sleeping Beauty." I said, almost pleadingly. He nodded slightly.

"How did that date go, girls?" Thomas asked us. Chester's head darted to us and I saw a spark of something.

"Horrible. They thought we were weird and looked at us strangely." Lila said pouting.

"And we are not weird. We are perfectly average. They are the weird ones." I said and Lila agreed, nodding her head. The boys laughed and rolled their eyes at us.

"That's what you get for hanging out with Hollywood guys." Chester grumbled. I looked at him confused and then at Lila, who shrugged, not making eye contact. I'm going to have to ask her later.

"What instrument do you guys want?" Thomas asked us after a moment of quiet.

"DRUMS! Move drake!" I yelled as I shoved Drake off the couch. He growled but laughed when I held the drum sticks (apparently) wrong. He took my hands and moved them around the sticks how they're supposed to be. I smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, haha, whoops." I said quietly. Everyone laughed and Lila took a guitar, Eamon still on the microphone. I grinned at him when we picked a tougher song for the singer. He shrugged and sung it perfectly, me messing up a lot because I've never done this before.

"Rory, you suck at drums." Thomas said, chuckling. I glared at him and pouted.

"I've never played this, what do you expect! I'm not Eamon!" I said loudly, arms crossed. Eamon turned around and cocked his head at me.

"What do you mean your not me?" he asked. I felt a blush rise up my neck.

"Well, your just really good at this, and It's probably your first time playing, and your winning, and I suck..." I said, embarrassed fro a reason I'm not sure of. He raised an eyebrow under his hair and shrugged.

"Thank you, I guess, but I have been playing most of today." He said lightly. We played for the rest of the day, me being banned off the drums. I tried the guitar and sucked at that too, and then I tried the microphone and was even worse because I kept getting distracted. Lila and I got tired and we decided to go over to my house and have a sleepover. We waved to the boys, having given them hugs before we left. Eamon was still quiet and drawn back, but was talking to the others a bit more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 1.1K 39
What do you do when your life changes in a second? Move on. But what about when your whole world changes in a second?....Mickey was a normal girl liv...
2.7K 145 23
Aurora was a almost normal peasant girl. She was never home and always off "hunting". Until she was summoned to the castle by the king to become a wo...
35.6K 2K 40
Autumn grew up with her father and her little sister grew up with her mother but when their mother died in a fire little Aurora was sent to live with...
60.9K 1.5K 38
"Do you ever wonder what other people are doing currently, like someone could have won the lottery, someone could be having their last breath. It's m...