My King

By always_clever

A time when King and Queens lead a whole country and servants was punished to even look at royalty. Akia Buha... More

My King....
Chapter One: My Lord....
Chapter Two: Letter and Wage....
Chapter Three: Breath of Air....
Chapter Four: The Ball....
Chapter Five: Arrangement....
Chapter Six: Journey...
Chapter Seven: Tonight...
Chapter Nine: Tempting...
Chapter Ten: Heart&Soul....
Chapter Eleven: Whispers...
Chapter Twelve: Cold Green Eyes....
Chapter Thirteen: Taming the Beast...
Chapter Fourteen: Friend or Foe?...
Chapter Fifteen: Daniel....
Chapter Sixteen: Confuss...
Chapter Seventeen: Missing...
Chapter Eighteen: Absent from the throne....
Chapter Nineteen:News...
Chapter Twenty: Long voyage back home...
Chapter Twenty-one: Theodore...
Chapter Twenty-two: Moon...
Chapter Twenty-Three: False...
Chapter Twenty-Four: Kill the silence...
Chapter Twenty-Five: Lifeless...
Chapter Twenty-Six: Delusions...
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Cherish...
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Hope...
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Signs...
Chapter Thirty: Not till the fat lady sings...
Chapter Thirty-One: THE END is only the Beginning...
Hello!

Chapter Eight: Queen...

23K 941 148
By always_clever

Akia walked into princess Fran's temporary chambers with a huge smile on her face, a prep in her step, glowing skin and a heart full of love. Nothing can change her attitude, not even the gloomy gray shy with rain pouring from the gray fluffy clouds. But seeing princess Fran on the edge of her large bed with tear in her eyes, made Akia frown.

"Princess, are you alright?" Akia asked as she stepped to her sister by marriage.

Fran shook her head and wiped her tears. "The prince."

"What about the prince?" Akia ease down on the bed next to Fran.

Fran sniffed and wiped more of her tears away. "H-he does not love me."

Akia gasped in shock. "How can that be? Prince John seemed to adore you and kiss the ground you stepped on and you love him as well. The way you to laughed and smiled with each other this morning and at the ball. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. What did he do to make you think he does not love you?"

Fran clenched her fist. "He flirted with the whore servants." She said through gritted teeth.

Akia chuckled. "What is your definition of flirt, princess?"

Fran looked at Akia. "Well it's when you make a woman laugh and when you smile at a woman when they walk pass." She said.

Akia shook her head as she chuckled at her sister in law and her jealousy she had on the other irrelevant woman that would not come between her and her prince. "Princess, Prince John was being kind. He greets woman with a smile to be polite." Akia informs the young princess to calm her nerves.

"What about making them laugh and blush?"

"All men makes a women laugh. Even my father makes other women laugh at the markets, but his heart is with my mother." Akia smiled at the thought of her parents love. "You are merely jealous."

Fran scoffed. "Me? Jealous?"

"Yes princess, every women get jealous. Either over money, power and men; we become jealous, it's nature. Just do not push your jealousy to evil and violence." Akia stood on her feet and fixed her dress.

"Of course not, I am no monster."

"Since you are no monster, lets tame your hair so you can act and look like a lady." Akia went to a wooden dresser that held the princess necessary products to make her look even more beautiful. Akia pulled out the pink chair and grabbed the brush with a gold handle, and ruby jewels on the back. Fran sat down in the chair with a smile; knowing that John is still loyal to her.

"Tell me about your family Akia."

Akia slowly brushed down Fran's soft hair. "Well, I have six siblings that is younger than me. My parents are still living. Thank the gods."

Fran frowned. "Right, thank the gods." She mumbled. "Tell me more about your parents, they seem like a lovely couple."

"They are actually. But some people seem them as a odd couple." Akia chuckled.

"What do you mean?"

Akia's smile grew. "You would think my father looks like a troll and my mother looks like a goddess. I am so glad I do not my father's looks."

Fran chuckled. "How did they fall in love?"

"I do not know the clear story, but my mother told me my father was selling herbs in the market when they first spotted each other. My mother was the generals daughter and where I come from is like here, they practical trade us for land or other necessary things. Anyway, they spotted each other and instantly fell in love."

"Like you and my brother?" Fran asked.

Akia slowly nod. "Yes." She answered and continued to brush the princess hair. "Not to bore you anymore, my mother and father was soon married, and had me."

"Did your grandfather disown your mother?"

Akia stopped brushing Fran's hair. "Yes. But that did not stop her from being with my father. I adore their love for each other, it's very beautiful. I always dreamed of having what they have; love and family." Akia sighed. "You and Prince John's love is going to inspire every couple in the two kingdoms."

"Thank you, Akia. I do wish you and Theo's love and marriage is out in the open. You can be the true queen."

"Please do not say that out loud." Akia whispered.

Fran stood on her feet and turned to Akia. "Who's going to hear? Akia you are the one true queen, why would God send you to my brother if you was not?"

"You do not understand." Akia said calmly.

Fran huffed. "What's to understand?! You are letting that Spaniard bitch take your husband away from you."

"Fran, do not. You do not understand anything. Get dress, Prince John will be looking forward for you in the dining hall for lunch in another hour." Akia walked to the wardrobe; ending the conversation Fran had in stored.

After getting Fran dressed, the dining hall to see Theo, John and King Francis sitting in their sits discussing war and other political status. One glance at his wife and sister, Theo stood up and soon the other two followed by standing to their feet giving the two ladies respect.

"Princess Fran, you look beautiful like always." King Francis said before sitting down in his seat.

"Thank you King Francis, you look handsome as well." Fran replied as she sat down in the chair a servant pulled out for her.

Akia stood near the wall quietly, as she watched Fran interact with her father by marriage and future husband. But also her own husband as well. During the time, they would share glances and Theo would give her a quick wink that made Akia blush from time to time.

"Lady Akia knows french." Akia heard Fran say. Akia looked away from her handsome husband and shot glares at the king of France who has already took a interest for Akia.

"Does she?" King Francis asked.

Princess Fran smiled and nod. "Yes, she is very fluent with your native language."

"Well I'll see about that. Lady Akia, please sit." Akia nod and walked to the chair a servant pulled out for her, in between Theo & Fran, but in front of Francis.

"Let's test this theory." Prince John finally spoke up. "Please Akia, can you translate my sentences to my lovely fiancé."

Akia nod. "Of course, Prince John."

"Vous êtes si belle et je suis heureux d'être votre futur mari."

Akia turned to Fran with a smile. "Prince Johns states that you are so beautiful and I am happy to be your future husband."

Fran blushed. "And I am happy to be your future wife."

Francis clapped before taking a sip from his wine. "Where did you learn how to speak France native tongue?"

"My mother, she was from a tribe that made alliance with France." Akia states. "I love your castle, it is very-"

"Religious." John interrupted before sipping his wine.

Francis laughed. "My brother thanks we should change some things around, but I like the way it is."

"Of course you do. You are a religious man.." John sighed. "Like father." The tension between the two made Akia shift uncomfortable, luckily Theo clears his throat and changed the conversation into the wedding.

After lunch, Fran and Akia went back to the princess chambers as the men continued to discuss war and other things that was boring to the young ladies.

Fran sighed in relief. "Lunch was delicious."

Akia nod. "Yes, it was." She picked up Fran's slippers that she kicked off her feet.

"I will miss you Akia." Fran mumbled.

"What do you mean, Fran?" Akia asked while looking at not only her princess and sister by marriage, but her friend.

"I mean." Fran sits up. "When I am married to John, I must stay here. While you stay in England, with Theo." She informs.

Akia frowned in disappointment. "I have to stay in England and watch as the Spanish Princess laugh and hug on my husband." She whispered. "May I be excused?"

"Of c-"

Before Fran can finish her sentence, Akia left out her chambers with sadness in her eyes. Of course I must go back to England. What kinda kind of wife would I be if I stay away from my husband. Akia thought.

A stupid one if you'll allow another woman; a Princess lay with your husband at night, have children and allow the kingdom to see there happy life in the castle while you're watching from outside the castle with no family and sadness in your eyes. A voice in Akia's head stated. Making tears stream down Akia's eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1.9K 31
Rocky, princess of the Cayor's kingdom, just got married into a far away land, as a peace treaty. Her husband, the King Hassan, is known for being a...
5.5K 1.2K 55
It all started as a little spark in her chest, and then it grew and ignited her whole being with an outburst of emotion. Before she could recollect h...
24K 1.8K 43
Busola Adeniran, a Nigerian 25 year old strong woman who's parents died leaving her to take care of her younger siblings Yousif and Hasna in her own...
6.9K 385 50
"I finally know my place, Your Majesty. And that is not in your arms." - Isabel Archer "You shall not leave my side, Isabel. You are bound to me, bod...