Out Of The Shadows (Lesbian f...

By kealohas

Living with guilt and a broken heart, Lacey joins the military to drown out the memories of her past. But the... More

Author's Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
A/N
Part 20
A/N
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
What do you think?

Part 10

18.2K 781 81
By kealohas

Amelia

Wearing just a light touch of makeup in keeping with a more natural look, I decided to keep my hair down today I ran my hands through the natural red curls, then continued down across my medium brown low neck tunic style sweater, I checked myself one last time in the mirror, making sure the pair of faded blue jeans which were tucked into a pair of brown calf high boots looked perfect, the two inch heels would give me some added height and would allow me to stare into those mesmerizing deep blue eyes a little better, but would still be comfortable to walk in.

I looked over at the clock, seeing it was a few minutes to twelve which meant Lacey would be here soon. I grabbed my wallet, foregoing the jacket feeling that the sweater should be warm enough for the weather. I checked the security screen at the bottom of the stairs which showed an image of the gorgeous raven haired woman standing just outside the front door.

I watch her for a moment, taking in the sight in front of me, a smile found its way to my face as I watch her nervously fidget. 'I wonder if she was just too nervous to enter, or perhaps she's changed her mind.' I thought, making me nervous as well. I watch as she looked up into the camera the sight of her piercing blue eyes made me gasp as an unfamiliar heat spread through my body causing my knees to weaken. She looked down at her wrist, causing me to glance at the clock, as the large hand met the small at the twelve o'clock mark the doorbell rang startling me a little. I now realized what she had been doing standing at the door. She was in fact 'picking me up' for the date.

I grinned with excitement as I reached for the handle the smile on her face took my breath away. I watch as her smile turned to a frown, "Is everything ok?" I asked worriedly.

She gulped, 'It- It's just," she said, lowering her head, she sighed and pulled a bouquet of flowers from her back as she peered up at me through dark lashes. "-Th-These flowers don't do your beauty justice." She nervously stuttered while handing me.

I gasped out loud, yellow roses and white Calla lilies my favorite combination, "These are beautiful, " I whispered, "how did you know?" she looked at me puzzled. "These are my favorite."

The smile that appeared on her face let me know I answered her questioning look. "I guessed," was all she replied. "Ready?" she asked.

"Sure, let me put these in a vase first," I said as she followed me in but waited at the door as if she didn't live here. "You surprised me when you rang the doorbell," I called back as she waited.

"She smiled when I returned, " I wanted this to feel like a real date," she said, rubbing her hand on the back of her neck which I've noticed is something she did when she was nervous. "You know, not like, um like roommates just going somewhere to hang out."

"I smiled at her, "I wouldn't have thought of it as anything less than a real date." By the look on her face and the huge smile on her face, she must have been satisfied with my answer.

She reached out her hand, palm up. "Shall we?" she asked. I placed my hand in hers loving how they fit so well together. "Yes." I simply answered as she led me to the car and opened the door. It was something she's done before, but this time, I could feel the blush rising to my cheeks. As she gently closed the door and headed for the driver's side.

The ride took just a little over thirty minutes our conversation light, I didn't bother to ask where we were going I wanted it to be just as much of a surprise as I assumed she wanted it to be. We pulled up to the crowded parking lot and found a spot moments later. She walked around the car and opened my door once again extending her hand out for me to take.

The moment the door opened I could hear music in the distance, an alluring scent of food filled the air. "What's this?" I asked as she let go of my hand, I instantly missed the feeling of her my hand in hers.

"The fall arts and music festival," she answered, causing me to grin. "I was hoping it was something you'd enjoy," She said as I watched her nervously glance around. I knew from Lauren she was not a fan of crowded places.

"I've always wanted to come, but never got around to it, Thank you, Lacey," I said, slipping my hand back into hers squeezing her hand tighter in an attempt to calm her. She looked at out interlaced fingers, "is this ok?" I asked, motioning my head to our hands.

"Perfect," she answered and pulling me gently towards the festival. "Hungry?" she asked.

"Starved. I replied as we made our way to the food booths. "There's so much to choose from." I giggled excitedly.

"Get anything you want, " she said, rubbing her thumb across my knuckles as she smiled.

We several different booths, and she led the way to an open spot among the crowded she sat her food down and took off her backpack, which I forgot she had and pulled out a blanket and spread it out before taking my plate allowing me to sit. Taking in the park, there was a band set up getting ready to play on the stage, which was set up under a huge screen. I decided this was the perfect time to find out about this strikingly beautiful woman who had taken a seat beside me our arms lightly brushing causing that so-called butterfly effect in my tummy.

"So how are you acclimating to life outside of the military?" I asked starting simple.

"It was a challenge at first," She answered. "Morgan helped a lot, making sure I had jobs to keep me busy."

I thought about Morgan curious of their relationship. " So you and Morgan," I hesitated hoping the question wasn't too personal, "You two dated?" Seemingly embarrassed by the question, she looked away. "I-I'm sorry you don't have to answer that," I apologized.

I watched as she shook her head, not sure if it was to answer the question or to say it was ok that I asked, "I wouldn't say we dated, it was more like comforting one another every now and then." She clarified. "I don't know how to explain what it was," she started to explain.

"It's ok, I get it," I laughed. "We've all done it," I assured her thinking about my own relationship with Thomas. The music started, people got up around us and started dancing and swaying to it, simply enjoying themselves. We stayed in place and continued to eat. I smiled, watching a few children close by as they enjoyed the sounds coming from the stage. I don't believe I've ever felt this relaxed before. I turned my head finding Lacey watching me the smile never leaving her face. I leaned my head against her shoulder. "Thank you," I whispered, not sure if she heard me. She leaned her head against mine and placed her arm around my waist as we continued to watch the children dance.

An older man I noticed when we first sat down, stood from his stool which sat a few feet away walked over and stopped before us, "Hi," he said, "I just wanted to say tell you, what a lovely couple you both make, " before either one of us could correct him he handed us a drawing. "Here, it's a gift, " he said, handing me a thick sheet of paper. "For bringing such beauty into a sometimes ugly world." I took the picture and my hand clutching my chest as I gasped at how gorgeous it was, such detail. I looked at Lacey as she too stared at it in awe.

"It's Beautiful," I said, raising my head to thank him only finding he was gone. "Where'd he go?" I asked, Lacey as we stood to scan the area. I looked back at the picture, it was a drawing of Lacey and me as we leaned against one another, one of her arms around me her free hand held onto mine. He was right, we would make a beautiful couple, and I hoped it was an indication of the future to come.

I rolled the drawing up gently and held it to my chest. I smiled, turning to Lacey who stood grinning at me. "You're lucky we live in the same house or I'd have to fight you for that, " she smirked

"You could try," was all I answered with a smirk of my own. We gathered up the blanket and decided to walk around a bit more as it was starting to get dark, we stopped at different art booths, and stopped and listened to a few musicians along the way.

We stood in front of a small band that was performing, the guy on the piano, sang a cover the a song, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. It was different hearing it sung by a man, but just as beautifully done, I leaned my back against Lacey front, her arms wrapping around me like it was the most natural thing to do. When he finished, we clapped with the few others that were around, I turned my head looking up at her and asked. "Didn't you tell me in the email, that music was once your passion?" I asked as catching her off guard causing her to blush, she nodded. I loved that when she was around me she'd dropped her hard exterior allowing me to see what I believed was her truer, gentler self.

"I played the guitar, Piano, som-" she was cut off as the piano player stood up and said

"Why don't you show the gorgeous lady?" he challenged motioning to the piano. I felt her grip tighten on my waist, I leaned up placing a kiss on her cheek which seemed to calm her.

"Well?" the man once again taunted her. She looked at me and smiled, it was different this time, though, her eyes showing something I've never seen before, the blue of her eyes brighter the pain I usually see seemed to vanish. It was as if new life breathed into her.

She kissed my forehead and released me stepping towards the man surprising him making him stumble back. "Well," she spoke looking at the man answering his taunt. "Since we're doing cover songs," she smirked, "Here one from Ed Sheeran," she sat and started playing the piano. Her eyes found mine as she began to sing.

When your legs don't work like they used to before

And I can't sweep you off of your feet

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70

And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe just the touch of a hand

Well, me - I fall in love with you every single day

And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are

I was mesmerized by the sound of her voice, I know she said music was once her passion, but at this moment I could never imagine why with a voice like hers, why she would have chosen to do anything else.

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades

And the crowds don't remember my name

When my hands don't play the strings the same way (mmm...)

I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen

And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe it's all part of a plan

Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes

Hoping that you'll understand

That, baby, now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

Thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are (oh ohh)

Tears fell freely from my eyes, her eyes never breaking from mine. If I wasn't sure about my feelings for her before, I was now and I knew I was hopelessly falling for the former Marine.

La la la la la la la la lo-ud

So, baby, now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

But maybe we found love right where we are

Oh, baby, we found love right where we are

And we found love right where we are

I was lost in the song, her voice, her eyes, that I never noticed the crowd that gathered until they erupted in applause the whooping and whistling, making her smile, I rushed toward her as she made her way to me, leaping into her arms as she easily lifted me up allowing me to wrap my legs around her waist. "That was... " I whispered in her ear, feeling her shiver, I was at a loss for words. I leaned back and looked at her, there were still no words to express what I felt, so I did the only thing I could think of. I leaned in capturing her lips in a passionate kiss.

We spent the rest of the evening sitting in the park enjoying the movie on the big screen set up, I couldn't even tell you I what the movie was about, I was too captivated by the feeling of the warm body holding me close, setting every inch of me ablaze. This feeling.... Everything about today, the way she looked at me as if I was the only one she sees, it was all new to me and I knew from this moment I never wanted anything or anyone else.

A/N: I know there are many mistakes but I hope it wasn't that bad. 

Still, let me know what you think. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 2.4K 34
Cassidy Colonel was seventeen years old and in her senior year when it happened, an accident that rocked a town, claimed the lives of three friends a...
735K 26.4K 37
Sam, a shy, 16 year old, closeted lesbian who has anxiety issues and abusive parents meets Avery, a soon to be Beta, who wasn't expecting to find her...
138K 7.5K 30
Married and hoping to move forward with their life together, Lacey and Amelia Crawford couldn't wait to surprise their family and friends at the wed...
2.7K 135 24
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...