Goddess Girl

By farrenfawn

Gryffin's life has always been normal, and seemingly perfect, until a small mysterious girl named Fen comes s... More

Goddess Girl- Chapter I
Goddess Girl- Chapter II
Goddess Girl- Chapter III

Goddess Girl- Chapter IIII

170 2 0
By farrenfawn

Gryffin

A faint green light drifted to my eyelids, as I heard numerous noises around me. There was the steaming, high pitched noise that sounded like it was coming from a kettle. About a dozen birds sung to eachother somewhere behind me. As I tried to remember what had happened, and where I was, my brain pulsed and pain jutted through my consciousness. 

I attempted to sit up, but small hands pushed me back down onto the thick blankets I was laying on. I grumbled- only half awake. 

"Aye, aye, clam down. Rest your wee tired eyes- donna try to get up too early. You aren't ready yet, Mr. Gryffin." a slow soft voice whispered in my ear. She sounded impatient, almost motherly. Fen.

I yawned, and jolted up suddenly out of my cot. 

"Fen! What am I doing here?" My frantic voice obviously startled her. Her small form shook, she was sitting on her knees not too far away from my bedding.

My eyes suddenly took in everything around me.

We were in a room that had six walls, and a beautiful ballroom staircase. The walls were covered in moss, and little mushrooms grew from darker corners of the room. Small candles floated in the air, and some where mounted on odd crystalline structures that grew out of the walls. I looked up, seeing the winding top levels of the house go up and up. I couldn't even count how many there were. Some were lined with books, which were toppling over shelves. Melted wax stained their worn covers. Many looked about ready to crumble into dust.

Odd looking creatures gazed down at me from their small nooks- which happened to look like the knots in trees, and made funny faces at me. Their odd little noses twitched, and they looked like they were gossiping. As soon as they noticed my gaze, they scuttled back into the shadows.

A large window was to my left, and streams of golden light filtered through it's open panes. A wooden table curled around the corner, by the stairs, and was covered in all sorts of odd foods. The kitchen was overflowing with jars, papers, ink wells, odd wire contraptions, boxes, and many other items, of which at least half were unidentifiable. 

The floor was covered in moss, though there were a few places where tree bark peeked through the overgrown foliage. A fire crackled behind me, sending sparks flying a few feet from my bed. An old wooden broom with straw at the end sat next to the mantle. 

The various smells of baked goods and cheese wafted under my nose, as a small breeze found it's way through the window. My stomach responded, growling loudly. 

Fen giggled, and her face matched the homey glow of the room.

"Fen, where am I?" I asked, taking in more of the room. Everything was so...magical.

"Well, you're in my house. And as for your growling stomach," She smiled, "well, I've got a solution for that." Her delicate hand wrapped around mine and my heart skipped a beat. She pulled me gently out of my sleeping quarters, which happened to be made of two thick woven blankets and at least a dozen colorful pillows. A few mice gathered around where I had just been laying and decided to take residence of the comfy bed.

"Fen! There are mice in the bed, should I get them off?" I attempted to sound sure and strong, hoping to impress her. Instead, she scowled.

"Gryffin, leave the wee creatures alone. They're only lookin for a place to rest." Her gentle green eyes wafted over the small mice, who were all cuddled up in a pile on what had been my resting place.

I sighed. She was just so…so serene. But her emotions could flux, which was what I had to be aware of.

She led me to the kitchen, and I pulled out a chair for her to sit down. A dusty pink rose to her cheeks as she sat down by a massive loaf of bread and a large chunk of cheese. She offered me a plate, and a glass.

She smiled at me from across the crooked table, “Pick whatever ye want. There’s plenty.”

As I began to fill my mouth with the delicious, earthy food, several questions wandered in my mind. Where is this place? What is she? Why is there moss everywhere? …

The first question was partially answered as I looked out the window- where massive thick branches wove patterns around our oddly shaped room. It was then that I realized- we were inside of a tree.

“Fen, your home is… is…” I groped for the right words inside my head, “enchanting.” Her lips tilted upwards, and she looked away from my unwavering gaze.

“Thank you, I find it very comfortable. Especially for my, well, occupation.” She sounded a strained, somehow. As if she didn’t want to tell me what she was really thinking.

A book toppled off of a nearby shelf and onto the floor, coughing up small clouds of dust. It looked ancient. It’s leather bound cover read Maps of Mountain Caves (Warning: Dangerous Adventures Await You!). Fen flicked a finger behind her and the book rose off of the mossy floor, hovering towards its previous perch. My mouth gaped wide open.

Fen’s unsure eyes darted back at me as if she had just realized that someone else was here with her. I scooted back quickly, my chair almost toppling backwards as my feet planted themselves firmly on the overgrown floor. Her face looked so sad, as I betrayed her trust again. The book behind her immediately fell down onto the ground, as her concentration broke, and looking at her broken eyes made my heart wrench.

“Fen, Fen I’m sorry! I just… I just don’t know what to think!” Wow,  that was lame.

“Well, Gryffin, that is ok. Because when you leave here I’m erasing your memory anyway. You will never even remember me. I’ll just be that, that little freak,” The word rolled off of her tongue dangerously, “that you see in the hallways. Or better yet- I’ll disappear again. I knew mingling with you silly mortal folk was stupid! I don’t think I’ll ever venture into your unfair world again. I’ve had enough.”

Her eyes were glistening with unshed tears. My heart wrenched, longing to wrap my arms around her and tell her it’s ok. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.

But wait- don’t I have a girlfriend? And what the hell is Fen, anyway?

She flinched, backing away from me, her long golden skirts fluttering in the afternoon breeze. I reached out my hand, only to have her raise her arm to shield her face, and a colony of bats shot out of a nearby cabinet, screeching and clawing at my face and hair.

“Just go, Gryffin. I’ll make sure you won’t remember a thing- go- move on with your life!” Her voice grew in volume- suddenly swollen thick with power. My eyes opened wide- taking in her new form.

Her eyes were now devoid of tears- as she fearlessly glared at me. Wild locks seemed to hover around her head, looking for predators. The flowing skirts wrapped around her delicate legs, and her many necklaces and crystals danced in the glowing day light. She looked magical. She looked perfect.

“Fen, please, let me stay. At least until I learn more about you. I’m so sorry, for anything that I said. I can only hope you’ll forgive me.”

Fen

As I glared at him, hopefully looking fierce, the look on his face found it’s way into my heart.

His eyes were round, and almost scared, but very determined. He was trying to earn his place here- ha. Mortal. Stupid, mortal. I don’t think I can handle much more of this… this judging. Time to wipe his memory…

Suddenly a whisper floated into my mind, almost like listening in on a secret conversation-

Perfect.”

It was Gryffin’s voice. Was he saying that, or was that just my weird talent acting up again? Either way, it better be about that little lass of his, or maybe the perfect glow of the afternoon sun through the trees… or… or…

“Fen, she is so perfect.” 

Gryffin

I was somehow hoping my thoughts would magically end up in her mind- and in this place- maybe it could happen. Her eyes widened in surprise, and her hair floated back down to her shoulders.

The soft whisper rang throughout the serene silence, "Perfect?" She looked down, attempting to disguise her surprise.

"Yes. Yes you are." Somehow, I had been able to communicate with her, to show her what I thought of her.

"Well, somehow the ever-lovely goddess, for whatever reason, let you into my head. But, I do not forgive easily." Her harsh words cut through my momentarily happy charade. 

"Fen, I promise- I will make it up to you." wow, I'm sounding a lot different then I usually do. I'm pleading! What the hell happened to the eternally cool guy who never gives a damn?

"Gryffin, you get one more chance, lad. You got that?" She cocked an eyebrow at me, trying to be serious.

At that moment I graciously embraced a world that I barely knew anything, all for one little odd girl who made my heart skip a beat. And then we were connected, suddenly, we both took in a breath of air, and laughed until we were on the floor, rolling around on the soft green moss until, finally, our lungs had had enough.

"Aye, aye. Stop. I canna take it anymore!" She giggled, clutching her sides.

"Your face," I laughed frantically, “is priceless!" 

We had somehow rolled next to each other, after our laughing episode, so close that our hands were almost touching. I made a brave move and clutched her small hand.

She let out a small gasp, and I felt her tiny fingers lace their way through my bigger ones.

"Fen, I promise, I'll be your very best friend." I took her hair and tucked it behind her ear, whispering sweet things to her. I felt her heartbeat quicken beneath my skin, somehow. 

"Thank yea, Gryffin. I've never had a friend." Her honesty sounded blunt.

"Never? Well, I'll be here for you." And at that moment she leaned into me and pressed her face against my thin shirt. Her cheek rested by my heart, listening to it's even pace that matched her own.

I put my hand on her hair and let my fingers make their ways through its odd twisting patterns, feeling all of its many textures. My hands roamed and found beads, string, and a few crystal charms. All of which smacked me in the face as she sat up quickly.

"Uh, Gryffin, I believe you have a girlfriend who you can cuddle with. I donna want to change you two's relationship." 

"No, no it's okay. Me and Sarah... well, we're not exactly that into each other anymore." An eyebrow raised.

"What do ye mean?" 

"Well, that she just likes other guys and I, like other girls." I leaned forward, giving her my award winning smile. She looked bewildered, trapped.

"Please, Gryffin. Don't." Her voice quivered, making me desire her even more.

"C'mon, Fen. Just kiss me." I wiggled my eyebrows flirtatiously, attempting to draw her in.

She scooted back on the cushioned floor, as I followed her on my hands and knees.

"Oh, so you want to play this game? I understand." My voice had a seductive undertone, as I let my hand grip her slim ankle, attempting to pull her towards me.

"No!"

Vines whipped out of the cupboards and around my torso, pulling me back from her. One snaked around my mouth, muffling my attempts to scream.

"I am Fen, Hedgewitch, servant of the Great Goddess!" Her strong voice shook my bones, and a few teacups, which fell and bounced on the plush floor.

"I am the wild, the free! A fairy, a magical being! Do not cross my path, mortal! Or you shall know my wrath!" A slowly building amber glow surrounded her body, and spread out through the rest of the room. 

"I do not like being tampered with like a mere toy, Gryffin! I am Fen of Old, Fen of the Forest!" light shot out of her core, surrounding me and burning the insides of my eyes. I was engulfed by living breathing light- as the vines dropped me, everything seemed to be moving slowly. Fen was also swallowed by the shimmering light- but somehow it seemed to be under her control. I hit the floor and rolled back into a standing position, but the light was slowly blinding me.

"Fen!" 

"Gryffin!" 

The room spun as she lost control of this leeching light, and it etched marks into both of our skins- binding us together. A searing pain jolted up my back as I curled up into a ball, attempting to hide from the light. 

All of a sudden I felt a cool calm, like I was underwater. Somehow I was being cradled by soothing arms, rocking me back and forth.

"Do not fear, my child. Your fate is taking a new course, and you shall not be alone." A motherly voice echoed in my mind. She sounded so beautiful, so surreal.

As me and Fen dropped to the ground, we spun to look each other in the eyes, and what we saw was incredulous.

Around each of our wrists were delicate celtic patterns, wrapping around. They were slightly different, though. Hers had fierce looking dragons encircling her small wrists, that looked about ready to pounce. On each palm she had a different animal, one the left was a fox, and on the right was an owl. 

I looked down at my hands, the patterns swirling around my bones were wolves, with tribal symbols surrounding them. On my palms were a bear and an eagle. They were stunning, in battle positions.

Fen looked up at me, her eyes large- like a deer's. She looked frightened.

"Gryffin, I'm so sorry." What? Why did she say that?"

"For what?" My voice quivered. 

"We somehow, well, we were Bound. Just now. By the Goddess herself." her voice shook, and she looked down at her hands, turning them over, examining them.

Wait- Goddess?

"Fen, I don't know what being Bound means. Who is this Goddess? And furthermore, who or what are you?" These questions flowed out of my mouth without a barrier, and her head snapped up at me.

"I told you what I was earlier, if you donna remember." Her voice was sharp, "And being Bound means that... that you must stay together. That the Goddess chose our fates to be entwined. That for some damned reason she wanted you and I to be stuck together!" Her small voice shook, her accent took on a rougher tone. I was shocked.

"Wait, you mean... these marks, they...  they..." I was at a true loss for words.

"They will burn if we're apart for a very long time, or betray the other in some way." Her eyes started to glimmer, and I realized she was going to cry.

She was crying because she was stuck with me, the asshole. The guy who's friend's made fun of her. Who already has a damn girlfriend. She was crying because I'd accidentally thought of her as a freak. I felt horrible.

"I'm sorry." We both said at once. I took the first turn to speak, trying to redeem myself.

"Fen, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you’re Bound to me." One single tear traced its way down my cheek, and as it reached my palm the bear on my right hand seemed to roar, and catch the tear. Fen looked up at me with surprised eyes, as her owl started to hoot, and fly around. We looked at each other, stunned.

"I dinna know about this part." She whispered in awe as she moved closer to me, her hands shaking. I longed to comfort her, to hold her.

"You do?" Her eyebrows raised. Wait- did she just hear what I was thinking? Ah, crap.

I moved towards her, seeing the gaurded look on her face. Her eyes were glistening, the usually calm green a bright turquise. I looked into her glowing eyes, letting her know my intentions. Then I wrapped my arms around her, and felt her small body latch onto mine. Her sobs shook my shoulder, and her tears ran down my back. I nuzzled my nose into her hair, and we sat like that for quite some time untill she leaned back, and looked up at me with reproachful eyes.

"I'm sorry, Gryffin. I dinna mean to put ye through that." Her face was red and splotchy from crying. 

"No, it's okay. I'm glad you got it out. Now, would you mind explaining in more detail what is going on here? And, how did we even get here?" Her face looked strong again, which was a nice change from the deer in the headlights look that she had earlier. 

She proceeded to explain last night's events, how the shadow creature knocked me down and tore at my shoulder, and how she carried me home. My eyes widened- she was so small! She realized that was my reaction and scowled at me, which I thought was cute.

I thought- how did she really get me here? Is she...magical?

Then she told me, "Well, I suppose I am a witch. If that's what you could call me. I'm really a servant to the Goddess, I take care of her woods. I am a fairy, of sorts." She gestured to her home, "I mean, I do live in a tree." the odd little creatures poked their noses out at me from their hollows, sniffling and scuffling, and giving me odd looks.

She then explained how her home was a tree in the center of the forest, and it had many rooms that you could access by walking in or on branches. That if you go down to the forest floor there is a pond, where she bathes and swims with fish. She explained simple magic to me, and how she was born from a priestess mother and a shaman father- both of whom she has never met.

We sat together till the day grew dark and the brilliant moon came up, speaking of things that I had never even could have dreamt of before. Her sweet, soothing voice, eventually lulling me into a blissful sleep. 

In my dream I sat up abruptly, the odd scene spinning around me. There was a magnificent marble fountain, with streams of crystalline water flowing from the top tier. A woman was sitting on the edge, her long grey hair reaching her waist, her skirts flowing in a breeze from another world.

Fen.

She had freckles, laugh lines, and the same old boots. To me, she was still beautiful.

"Fen, Fen is that you?" She turned my direction, though it appeared that she couldn't hear me. 

I felt a hand grasp my shoulder, and I slowly faced the woman behind me.

She had raven black hair that seemed to be constantly rippling, like water. Her large eyes were many colors, swirling together to the beat of her heart. She was outstanding.

"Ah, Gryffin. This is your future, my kin." Her voice rang throughout the garden, making me shiver.

"Are you... are you the Goddess?" My voice shook.

"Indeed." 

"So, Fen, Fen is my future?" 

"Only if you make it so."

My mind whirled- I can choose my own path? My mom would have said that "god" chooses our paths, and that even though we have free will we have to use it to serve him.

"She is one of my sweetest children, though she does have a temper." The Goddess laughed, and I felt my soul leap.

"Haha, yeah, she really does." I gazed at the old woman, sitting by the fountain, staring wistfully into its depths. 

She looked so serene.

"Goddess, I chose her. I choose a life with her. I barely know her, but I didn't know that I could care for someone so much in such a short time." 

Birds started singing and the tattoos on my palms swirled and danced, rejoicing in my choice.

"Your decision is wise, Gryffin. Take care of her, for she may see rough times ahead..." 

The garden shattered around us, pieces dropping into empty black space.

"What do you mean?" I yelled into the darkness. Feathers brushed my face and then the Goddess was gone. As the world fell away, only Fen remained, but young this time, standing alone. I ran towards her and took her in my arms, shielding her from any harm. 

                                                                   - 

Fen

As his arms went around me, I instantly knew what the Goddess had said to him. 

She had given him the choice. The choice to be Bound to me, a girl he barely knows, and should probably be afraid of, verses going on and living a happy, normal life with his pretty blonde girlfriend. 

But he chose me. Me. 

I'm bound to a mortal boy that has no idea what he's just gotten himself into.

My heartbeat quickened as he rolled on top of me, in real life, where his dreams were controlling his actions.

I could feel the thumping sound of his working heart slamming into my chest, he pinned my wrists to his and our animals wrestled, my dragons spewing fire and his wolves howling into the starry night. As I layed there our pulses became one, and we were truly Bound.

His eyes fluttered open for a moment, his eyelashes touching my cheek. 

"Mine" He whispered, his sweet breath cascading over my face.

I gasped, and he wrapped his arms around me once more, and we both drifted into a combined sleep, dreaming a very similar dream...

                                                                      -

Gryffin

I opened my eyes, and looked down at Fen's sleeping figure under me. My body was pressed tight to hers, and I suddenly felt a strong desire for her. Something other than my heart pulsed at the very thought.

Her breathing quickened under me and she squirmed a little under my weight, it felt nice to have her rubbing against me.

Dammit, Gryffin, stop thinking like that! 

She yawned, a sweet little sound that reminded me of a summer breeze. Her breath smelled like vanilla and maple syrup, and at that moment I really wanted to kiss her.

Those perfect little reddish lips had never looked so inviting.

So instead I resisted my lust and rolled off of her onto the lush floor. I grunted when I realized that I had landed on a book, and the corner was poking my shoulder blade.

Mermaids: A complete history and guide to the fabulous world the deep,

Wow, that sounds interesting.

Wait...MERMAIDS?

I flipped the book open and paged through the worn volume, looking at diagrams of certain kinds of tails, and reading facts on where different types of merpeople were located. After a few minutes I heard a large yawn and the shuffling of clothing, Fen was waking up.

"Good morning love. Shall I make you a cup of tea?" I said in a false English accent, she giggled at my humor.

"Oh of course, good sir. Go ahead." 

I walked into the kitchen and managed to find a teapot, which happened to have a few toadstools growing on it- but it would do.

Below the open window was a sink; round, wooden, and had a very small drain at the bottom. Only a few dishes were stacked on one side, so I turned the oddly shaped tap (which also happened to be engraved) on, and a gush of steaming water spurted out. 

I went through the simple ritual of making tea, and ruffled through piles of parchment and funny assortments of dried herbs and flowers until I found two small teacups. I poured the steaming tea into each, and added some honey for good measure.

As I handed Fen her cup, she smiled, "You like it with honey?"

"Of course!" 

"Aye, that's my favorite way to have it lad." She looked up at me, eyes bright and wide.

We sat down at the table together and drank our honey tea in comfortable silence. That is, until a small, chattering owl crashed its way through the open window and on to the kitchen table. Both of us started laughing, our breathing escalating, I think I even saw some tea spurt out of Fen's nose.

As we finally quieted down, Fen leaned over and started speaking in hushed tones with the "wee" owllet, and my eyes grew wide.

Of course she can talk to animals.

There are many things that I will have to learn about her.

The owl gave one last hoot and I snapped out of my thoughts, seeing it’s small brown wings beat the air, and it was off, into the forest. Fen faced forward again, taking another deep sip of her tea.

I raise an eyebrow, “What’d the owl say?” I casually mentioned with a slightly sarcastic tone.

“First off, he isna the owl. His name is Deumos. And he was just updating me on some of the goings-on throughout tha forest.” Her accent rolled, making her sound even more ancient then she usually does.

That brings another question to my mind, how old is she?

I’m tempted to ask, but that’d be rude. I mean, yesterday I thought that she was like any other sixteen year old, but I know now that that is not the case.

She finished her tea, stood up and gracefully flitted her way to the sink, where she flicked her fingers down at the tap came on, gushing steaming water. My eyes grew wide.

After tossing the cup in, she then proceeded to whistle, a high pitched odd whistle. I heard a small meow coming from somewhere outside, and Fen turned in the direction at the same time that I did.

“Is that Ardis?” I asked curiously.

“Yes, it is. The wee creature is stuck somewhere down below.” Fen surprised me by dashing over to the window, and volting right out- in the bellyflop position. I rushed over to the window, where I saw her gently floating down to the lower levels of the tree- where she dodged thousands of branches, and ended up landing on a soft looking patch of moss on a very thick tree limb.

Looking down into the maze of tree limbs made me dizzy, but when her voice called me down, it snapped me out of my vertigo spell.

"Come on, Gryffin! Or do you wanta stay there and rest for a wee bit?" Her rolling voice echoed up from somewhere down below.

I didn't want to disappoint her now- or seem weak, so I called down, "I'm coming Fen!" and leaped out of the window, landing roughly (and almost tumbling off) on a branch about seven feet from the window. A flock of brightly colored birds flew out of bushes down below, making me think of all of the creatures that could be hiding within these old branches.

I glanced around me, and was taken aback by all of the beauty. It was wild and free, branches growing everywhere. Small birds flitted throughout the old limbs, and golden sunlight occasionally filtered through leaves down to the forest floor. A soft breeze rocked the old leaves, and I realized that we were on an oak tree.

I carefully shifted my weight from branch to branch, going lower and lower. I was far away from the core of the tree- Fen's home- but I could make out lots of windows that I mistook for tree knots the first time I looked at them.

Finally I saw Fen's waving arms a few feet in front of me, as she was standing behind quite a thick branch. I scrambled up and over, accidentally going belly first on top of her.

Her small form shook with laughter, and I joined in quickly. The forest echoed our happy thoughts with us, the breeze picking up quickly, swirling around old leaves on the forest floor. 

I looked over Fen's shoulder, seeing that about twenty more branches down was a lopsided pond, with a few lilly pads, and large glistening fish swimming in the middle.  Around the pond where a few cat tails, a moss covered bench, and many different colors of butterflies. It looked very peaceful, and simple.

Didn't Fen say that's where she bathes? 

My thoughts were interrupted by an "oof" noise as Fen leaped to the next branch down, which happened to be quite far away. I jumped after her, barely making it onto the moss covered wood. I felt a splinter in my hand, and winced at its sharp pain.

Fen reached over and covered my palm with hers, and there was a tingling feeling shooting up my spine, and the splinter was gone. My wolves howled with pleasure, and her dragons even spit a few fireballs. We both stopped to marvel at our odd new tattoos, as they roared and steamed in happiness. It seemed that whenever we were close they became excited...

Fen stepped away, rubbing her wrists. She looked down, with doubt in her eyes. She hopped to the next branch, out of my reach. We continued in a strained silence down to the forest floor, landing about ten feet from the pond.

"Ardis? Wee creature, where've you gotten yourself stuck?" Fen asked aloud. I heard a soft "mew" from somewhere by the pond, and Fen headed off in that direction. 

Ardis can understand her?

Well, of course.  I thought stupidly. She can talk to animals. 

I wandered off in her general direction, finding her leaning under the moss covered bench, dragging the little cat out from some unknown terror.

"Ah, the little bairn was tangled in some weeds. I must be getting rid of those soon..." She absentmindedly rubbed Ardis between the ears, earning her a rumbling purr.  

I gazed around me, the crystal clear pond was shimmering, and it seemed to be connected to the tree in some way. A small stream flowed out of the base of the tree, filling the pond. 

Large silver, gold, and black fish swam in patterns among the few reeds that were sprouting up from the side of the pond. The whole place smelled like freshly cut grass.

An iridescent butterfly landed on Fen's hair, and I smiled.

"I've never seen one of those before."  I said stupidly. God, what is wrong with me when I'm around her? It's like I've lost any sense of charm or something.

"They hide in the forest, as many mortals attempt to cage them." her voice sounded distant, sad. And she had said...mortals? Does that mean that she is immortal?

"Nay, I live as long as the Goddess wills me to. But that could mean forever, if so provided." Her voice rung throughout my head, reminding me of the Goddess herself.

My situation at this point came as a sudden realization- I'm somewhere in a mythical forest with a girl I barely know, with odd living tattoos on my hands and I've even met a Goddess! 

A flood of thoughts plagued my brain, and I could barely feel Ardis rubbing around my legs.

Will these tattoos stay forever?

How old is Fen?

Why and how can she talk to animals?

The thoughts ran on and on, and were interrupted as I heard a yelp, and I realized Ardis had gotten herself caught in some reeds.

As I was untangling her small body I gave her some advice, "When you go on adventures, little one, make sure to not go places where you know you may not return." she gave me a grumpy look, and I wondered if she could understand me like she could Fen.

I heard Fen speak up, "We've found the little wanderer, what do you say we go back up to the treetop? Maybe sit and enjoy some lunch?" 

I tried to think of a witty remark, and as I did the words accidentally came out of my mouth in a rush, "Hmm, I can think of better things to do." I wiggled my eyebrows and gestured to the calm pool of water. An instant pink came to her cheeks, making her look sweet and innocent.

But the things I wanted to do with her were definitely not either of those things.

She glanced down, speaking softly "I donna think I'm ready for the things you think of, Gryffin." 

I was a bit taken aback- a girl rejecting me? I mean, maybe I was a little pushy...

She reached up, grasping the lowest branch and attempting to hoist herself up. Ardis followed suit and leaped through the layered tree limbs even faster than we possibly could.

When Fen was halfway up to the branch, her arm muscles straining I wrapped my arms around her waist, her billowing skirts surrounding me. I laughed and pulled her down on top of me, securing my grasp around her small frame.

"Gryffin! What are you doing?!" She gasped in surprise. I laughed, feeling her attempt to wiggle out of my arms.

I didn't spend years working out for nothing!

"Ugh!" Her voice sounded agitated, and somehow it was turning me on.

I could feel her slowly giving up, and I smiled up at her. In turn I was rewarded with a grimace, her knitted brows making her look even more grumpy. It was adorable.

Her shape rested well on mine, her slight hips fitting their way between my legs. 

And suddenly she almost slipped out of my grasp, as she knew that I had been lost in the moment.

I reacted quickly and rolled over so that I was on top of her, smiling evilly. 

"Well, little Miss Fen, I highly doubt you'll be getting out now."  my voice was hitched with a sudden longing to feel her lips on mine. 

Her eyes widened.

Damn, she probably just heard my thoughts!  

It seems that she picks up on them whenever I'm thinking of her...

My mind wandered, daydreaming of Fen and I, laying on the ground, kissing passionately. I felt a fire in my veins, to take her, to make her mine. To feel her body trembling under my touch. In the real world, I heard her gasp. 

How can I feel like this about her after only knowing her for a few days?

She struggled under me, attempting to shift my weight off of her. I bet anything that I'm at least forty pounds heavier- seeing that I'm almost a foot taller than her.

"Gryffin! Please, let me go." Her voice was soft, pleading, and somehow a bit seductive.

Her eyes were large, and she looked angry. Which to me, translated quickly to cute.

"Shh." I leaned down, rubbing my nose against hers. She was shocked into silence by such a sweet gesture, and she responded by rubbing her nose against mine softly. Our foreheads touched, and suddenly I got a glimpse into her mind.

She was standing on a dock, mist rolling off of the dark sea in front of her. Her dress was black, trimmed with delcate lace in patterns like flowers. I've never seen her in black, it was...different.

Tears made their fast trails down her delicate face- which happened to be a ghostly white. Somewhere in the deep black of the night a flame made its way over the horizon- I noticed that it was swinging side to side, as if being rocked by the water.

The large golden moon shone down from its center place in the sky, illuminating Fen's small body. As she became bathed in moonlight I heard a soothing voice emanate from the waves.

"Do not fret my child, for he was not worth your time. You are to be claimed by me, as you are my daughter. Join me and you will rest peacefully without this heartbreak." 

I knew instantly that it was the Goddess herself speaking, and Fen looked down, gazing at the water.

"Who... who are you?" She asked quietly. Her face told it all- she was in awe.

"I am the Goddess. I can give you another chance, if you so choose. One that involves the magic that is your birthright." Fish glinted under the water, tracing mythical patterns through the salty brine.

The Goddess must be talking about Fen's parents, who both had magical backgrounds.

Her voice was wracked with sobs, "Why should I use the magic that was given to me by two people who never loved me!? Why should there be so much pain for someone who has just lost the very man who she thought once loved her? Why?" She sounded like she was in much pain, and I could almost feel her heart wrench in her chest. Her eyes were full to the brim, glowing a bright teal color, almost matching the sea.

But, wait, who was this man she was speaking of?

"In time you will realize that they were placed here only for you, my daughter. You are a magical being, and you cannot run nor hide from it any longer. Your destiny is to be claimed by the Goddess. Jump, my child, and see what awaits you." Her voice swelled with power and wisdom, the sea splashing up, leaving salty spots on Fen's dark dress.

Fen looked up, her lush hair cascading down her back, but in this memory it was a raven color, cascading down her back in even waves. There were no knots, braids, or any odd things in it. Her pale arms reached up above her head, as one last sob shook her body.

"By all of the magic in me, I mote it be, that now I serve the Goddess- wild and free!"

She dove into the freezing water, surprising me. I ran, losing all sense of time.

She was going to die. Her heavy dress would weigh her down, and she would sink to the depths.

It felt like an eternity before I reached the edge of the ghostly dock, looking down into the water. 

Yelling like a madman I screamed, "Fen, Fen! Where are you?" And I started to cry. I couldn't loose her, not now. Not after all of this.

And what I saw under the waves shocked me.

A golden glow illuminated the frothing salt water, and I could make out Fen's swirling hair under the sea foam. The glow from the moon reached the bottom, and I gasped as I saw her open eyes gazing back at me intently, with an animal like glow. 

Her hair was waving around her, looking larger than ever. Her black dress was ripped, as if it had been caught in a whirlwind. She looked breathtaking.

As her face broke the surface she looked up at me inquisitively.

"I will look for you." She said, quietly. 

And I felt her cold lips touch my cheek, and then, she was gone.

She had slipped under the waves, to her new and magical world.

Fen

As Gryffin entered my memory I cursed the Goddess  for his very ability to do so.

What would he see?

As various scenes flicked through my mind- one stuck. And suddenly, I remembered.

I remembered him. Where I had met him before. Why I had decided to go to a mortal school. Why I loathed his ability to make me weak.

Everything. 

His shocked stare, his warm, very human cheek against my lips, everything.

And that's what scared me most of all.

Gryffin

As I was ripped away from the memory, I saw a tail flick above the water in the distance, and then, everything went black. The world faded back in a few moments, and seeing Fen's face close to mine reassured me and scared me at the same time.

I need her.

Her round eyes reminded me of the dream, as she had gazed at me from the cold misty waters. I thought it would have been her grave, when really, it was her salvation. From a lonely life, where she had lost a love. I realize now why she was so hesitant to kiss me, to know me. Or anyone, for that matter.

I laced my arms around her shaking body, holding her so close I could hear her heartbeat pounding in my ears. 

Her breath came in short pants, "You saw." It was a simple statement, but it meant a lot.

"I did."

"It was the moment that I allied myself with the Goddess." Her rolling accent was pronounced as she mentioned her Goddess's name.

"And when you had lost a love." I said these words carefully.

"Aye, indeed." Was all she said.

I felt anger rise within me, for this mystery man, who had broken her heart. I wanted to... hurt him. Make him feel what he had done to her. He had made her retreat into a tree, and hide here forever.

"It isna like that. I choose to be here." Her voice interrupted my tirade- she must have heard my thoughts again.

"Who was he?"

The forest was silent for quite a while, only the occasional trill of a bird was heard.

Fen's eerie green eyes swirled as she searched mine for trust, and I heard the fox on her hand make noises of sadness. Her owl called out, trying to find a mouse in the dark.

My bear and eagle answered in turn, calling out to their similar species. I was comforting her in the only way I knew how.

"His name was Arvel. He was handsome, sweet, and liked a glass of red wine every now and then. We were in love, for many months, and then he asked me to marry him. I said yes, the wedding was to be in the spring, when everything was beautiful." She paused for a minute, thinking, "But he had other plans. One night I had gone to the ocean to think and I saw him there, kissing a lovely looking blonde woman. I was crushed. He then proceeded to leave me, and go off on a ship somewhere- because he was embarrassed. I regret ever meeting him." It felt like she was leaving something out of the story, but I dare not ask her.

A tear trailed down her cheek, and I swiftly reached up and wiped it off.

"I'm sorry." My thoughts continued in my head; that he was such an idiot and chose someone else over you. 

I leaned back, unpinning her. I didn't want to force her into anything now, since I found that out. Now I feel like a complete jerk. I must seem like such an asshole.

So naturally it surprised me when I felt her hands grasp my elbows and pull me onto her again, her breath coming out in short pants by my ear. Her neck softly curved against mine- as well as the rest of her body. I reached down, putting my hand on her hip, tracing circles on her exposed skin.

She leaned her face back, smiling. 

I felt that desire for her again- but this time it was burning hot- pulsing down to a place that it had never really been before, at least, not for a girl I really know. I rubbed myself against her, feeling her breathing deepen.

She moved in tempo with me, our bodies hot with need. I felt her womanly form under all of those layers of clothes- her breasts were lovely and round, her hips curving out from her small waist delicately. I placed both of my hands on her waist and rocked backwards, my hips still between her legs.

"How about we go up to your home?" I suggested, attempting to keep the passion out of my voice.

"Aye, aye yes. Yes that sounds good." She was flustered, I could tell, and she had felt the same way I had. Trying to keep the lust to a minimum.

As we climbed the daunting tree, our hands occasionally brushed, and sometimes her hair swirled over and seemed to be tapping me on the shoulder- flirting with me. I was probably imagining it. I attempted to impress her, climbing extremely fast just to help her up, and even swinging on the occasional vine.

We had almost made it all the way up when Fen jumped through a round window, and yelled "I need to make a quick stop! Follow me!" And I followed suit- vaulting through the open window, crashing into a room filled with tables upon tables of charms, crystals, skulls, and other odd looking artifacts.

I rubbed my head and sat up, noticing Fen digging through a chest that was covered in jewels. After a few minutes she found what she was looking for and tucked it in a pocket in her skirt- which until then had been unnoticeable. 

She did the "come this way" gesture and walked over to a ballroom staircase.

"Wait, you mean we could've walked up stairs rather than climbing through branches this whole time?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes. But it was rather fun watching you try to impress me." She had a mischievous smile, her white teeth glinting in the candle light. 

"Hmph." I growled and stomped up the stairs behind her, trying to act cool.

She giggled, racing up the stairs. I thunked after her, my feet hitting the wooden planks hard. I glanced down, they were covered in old barnacles and dried up seaweed. Where had I seen those pieces of wood before?

We made it all the way back to the main level, and I sat down on a small flower covered sofa that I hadn't noticed the first time I was there. Fen went to the kitchen, preparing a small meal. As I looked outside I realized it was much later in the day- I guess I hadn't realized how long it had taken us to climb the branches.

Fen and I glanced at each other occasionally, feeling an odd tension. Like at any moment we would both run over to one another (like in those romance movies) and start kissing like our lives depended on it.

She brought me a bowl of steaming soup, which had large chunks of potato and carrot in it. She added a freshly cut mushroom on top, as well. I looked up at her and she smiled, her teeth looking sharper than I had remembered them.

I felt as if I did not need to eat, that all I needed was her. 

"Do not think that way Gryffin, that's what happens when you are with a fairy. You get addicted. You want more and try to deny basic things you need to live. Eat, and be happy." Fen's soft voice resonated in my thoughts as she pet Ardis, who was perched on her knee, as she sat opposite me on a couch across the room that was covered in moss and mushrooms. 

I knew she was right, so I picked up the worn wooden spoon and slurped the stew- which happened to be very delicious. Indian spices warmed my mouth as I noted that she could cook, too. I've always wanted to know a girl who could cook.

My soup was gone quickly, but was instantly replenished with more. It came out of thin air- pouring into my empty bowl and startling me at the same time. I heard a light giggle from Fen, and shook my head at my wimpiness. 

I still had to get used to this magic stuff.

I felt Ardis curl around my feet, her soft fur tickling my ankles. I set my bowl aside, curling up on the couch. My lids were heavy and I felt sleepy. I heard Fen's soft footsteps coming towards me, her breath was suddenly hot on my neck.

She whispered, 

"Though I do not know who you shall be

I know you are part of my destiny

Though I do not know where our road goes

I know it winds, I know it roams." 

It sounded almost like a prayer, but somehow it was more real. It was from her heart.

She tiptoed away from me, and I opened one eye to see where she was going. 

Out the window she jumped, barely missing a beat. I could see her outside, outlined by the dusk sky. Small dots of light glinting from the stars above made her hair shine, and I could pick out all of the individual charms and such entangled in her locks and braids. 

Her imperfections made her who she was. That darling, mysterious, magical girl.

She swiftly leaped down, to the next branch, and I barely heard her feet make that thud sound as she hit the tree. As soon as I couldn't hear them anymore I raced down the stairs of her tree home, attempting to see what she was up to. As I ran down endless flights of stairs I came across many rooms, some filled with books, one with broomsticks lining the walls, one with many creatures that stared at me as I ran frantically by. There was a very odd one with a single candle in the center, with a green flame. Another was completely underwater.

As I made my way down I could see little golden lights flickering outside of the round windows, and the filtered moonlight on the forest floor.

I finally got down to the bottom floor, where I saw a large round  wooden door. It had massive rusty hinges, and was engraved with an odd writing. As I tried to push it back, the marks glowed a yellow color and sent a burning sensation to my hands.

So instead I made my way to the window and jumped out, attempting to land softly in the thick grass. 

I heard her lofty footsteps somewhere to my right, and I silently peered over the lush waving grasses and flowers to see Fen standing by the pond, looking into it's now black depths.

"My heart is pierced by cupid,

I distain all glittering gold,

There is nothing can console me,

But my jolly sailor bold."

Her pure voice sent shivers down my spine as it echoed through the otherwise silent forest. She sang of her lost love, Arvel. 

She continued the song, humming it under her breath. Her dark hair reaching her bum as she tilted her head back, her face exposed to the moon.

She moved to a taller section of reeds and grass, and she started to peel her small top off. My eyes grew wide.

She tossed it onto a nearby tree limb as she began sliding her long skirt off as well. I felt like I was in a trance, watching her do this.

Her belly was flat and unblemished, and her bra and underwear were both a dark green, matching. Her bra even had a bit of green lace, which was unexpected for someone who doesn't have a boyfriend... yet.

She slipped into the water, soon she was up to her waist, and she dove headfirst into the water. I moved through the bushes, trying to get a closer look.

Lightning bugs wafted through the air, their little lights illuminating the thickly padded ground and the glassy surface of the water. Only every now and then did bubbles froth up from within the peaceful pond.

I silently climbed up onto a low hanging branch, looking down into the depths of the pond.

Two fish circled each other in an odd, almost dance-like pattern, one black and one silver. Below them I saw Fen, her hair billowing around her, her pale body glowing in the gloom of the pond.

She suddenly swam away, farther underwater, and I got a glimpse of...of... a tail.

Was it a fish? Or was it... hers?

I contemplated her having a fish tail and realized that it wouldn't be such an unbelievable idea, seeing that she can talk to animals, make soup pour out of nowhere, and probably lots of other awesome stuff that I don't even know about yet.

I saw a flicker of orange, white, and a silvery opal color as something sliced through the water, fins whipping through pond lillies and causing the once calm surface to ripple.

Fen's face slowly emerged from the water, perfectly even, like she was simply standing up. She looked a bit frightening, I must admit, as the fish swam around her in their odd patterns around her. 

Her green bra was soaked, I could almost see through it. She let her lids fall closed, and she resumed humming the song she had been singing before. She looked so magical.

I looked below her face and to my surprise I saw a long, elegant tail flicking back and forth under the water, holding her up. It had side fins and rippling dorsal fins as well. It was a light green mixed with silver, complimenting her eyes. I was shocked, glancing up and down at her. From her face to her tail, again and again and again.

I rebalanced myself on my precarious branch and watched her as she pet each of the fish, as if they were dogs. They seemed to enjoy it, swimming faster around her, getting closer to her outstretched hands.

She broke the circle and swam towards a flat rock slab, that was covered in what looked like seaweed. Hoisting herself up her tail was much longer than I had anticipated, almost a whole four feet long. The scales glinted in the moonlight, making her look even more mysterious then she already did.

She whispered something under her breath, and the tail shrunk back, leaving her legs there as they were before. I would have gasped, but then she would've known I was here.

Suddenly her head whipped my way, dammit! She must have heard my thoughts again?

"Who's there?" She called nervously into the forest.

I'd been spying on her this whole time. Like a damn peeping tom!

I braced myself to be screamed at as I slipped down from the branch, my feet hitting the ground with a resonating thud. Instantly Fen brought her hands up around herself, trying to cover her body from my sight.

"How...how long have ye been here?" She sounded scared as she tilted her head, questioning me.

"A while. I thought I'd take a moonlit stroll." Lie.

"Aye, it is verra pretty out here tonight. Thought I'd take a wee dip." She laughed nervously.

I walked over to where she was sitting, looking into her eyes the whole time.

"So, you can, uh, change form?" I asked awkwardly.

"Aye... so you did see that. Yes, I can. I prefer to do so underwater, it is comforting to me. Somehow the Goddess has given me the lovely power of shape shifting, so that I may not only have a tail but breathe underwater as well." She told me openly.

"So, can you share the power?" My eyes were full of wonder.

"Only with a blood relation or very... well, person you're in a very close relationship with, yes. But usually, even then, the Goddess does not allow it. She likes her given gifts to be used by those who they were gifted to."

I slid off my shirt, catching her off guard. I mentally chuckled at the sight of her face, her eyes growing wide like saucers.  

"I think I'd like to go for a little swim.." I smiled and slid my jeans off, throwing them onto a pile with my shirt. I put my feet in the water, and it as the water lapped my ankles I noticed that it was unusually warm. 

"When you're in there, Gryffin, just think lovely thoughts, as to not upset the balance of the energies." Her voice sounded very serious, catching me off guard.

Energies? 

"I was hoping that you would come with me..." I looked through my bangs at her green eyes, trying to look like a lost puppy. It worked.

"Aye, I suppose I will..." She sounded a bit confused, like, "Why did I agree to this?" sort of thing. I smiled.

We both slipped in, and as I looked up at the moon I could feel her presence, a soft, otherwordly grace, treading water next to me. I swam around to face her, to find her looking at me in a very heart wrenching way.

"You know, you and him... you have the exact opposite color eyes." She sighed wistfully.

My eyes are a light blue laced with a bright green, so his must have been...

"His eyes were a misty brown color, with streaks of black. A very odd mix, I do say."

"Are my eyes interesting to you?" I wondered aloud. Woops.

"They are. They remind me of a tropical bird's feather. Or maybe a spectacular summer's day." Her voice suddenly took on a dreamlike quality.

She snapped out of it quickly though, wafting a few feet away from me.

"But I canna have such thoughts, as you have a girlfriend, and I donna think that you would be interested in me in that way anyway. Plus, we should remain friends. It will prevent much hurt." My heart broke at these words, that were pushing me away. Maybe it's because she had been hurt so badly before... no. I will not leave her. I chose her, I chose this path. 

"Fen, she doesn't matter. She never did and never will," I paused, letting it sink in, "All I want is you. To hold you and to know everything about you. To live in this crazy magical world where everything is interesting and new, where I can be with you." Her eyes were wide by the end of my short speech, her mouth was even hanging open a bit. I felt so vulnerable.

It's so odd, how in a few short days she captured my heart. Or maybe it's just a passing phase. Or not.

What if I had fallen for her too quickly?

Fen

As I said the words I had never wanted to say in the first place I could feel his doubt, it was tangible in the air, thick with worry that he had made the wrong decision.

What I'm wondering is how did he see through my glamour in the first place?

Gryffin

She turned away from me, glancing down, almost as if she knew what I was thinking.

"You have chosen her, stick with her." The soft voice of the Goddess echoed inside my mind. I innerly nodded and kept my ground. Well, my water.

I reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her towards me fast. I found myself almost crushing her in our sudden embrace, and her stiff body soon became soft again, responding to my touch.

I donna want to feel this! I donna want to...to... long for him!

I heard her thoughts in my head, finally! Some payback was in order. But wait, she longs for me? That sounds....sexy.

I pulled us to the edge of the pond, and as she tried to scramble away from me I held her to me again. 

"Don't hurt me anymore, Fen. I want you." I heard that desperate undertone in my voice, pleading with her.

The fireflies traced delicate paths through the air, and made the scene around us so magical I could hardly stand it. The little trees around us seemed to be listening in, their long shadows looming over us.

"I only wish I could have you." Her breath was soft on my ear, as she reached around and swirled her fingers through my thick hair.

My voice was suddenly deeper as I told her, "There is nothing stopping you, darling." I hope she couldn't hear the desire in my words.

She curled her damp form against mine, her ear listening to my heart beat.

I gulped, feeling the tension. 

"Let's dry off, shall we?" And suddenly we were wrenched through space, almost what I imagine being sucked through a black hole would feel like.

We ended up standing at opposite ends of a beautiful room, with windows all around and a circular bed in the center back. It had thick pillows and home spun blankets in all sorts of natural shades. The rest of the room had crystals, parchment, candles, and a few other odd things littering it's desks and tables. By a large open oval shaped window a window seat hung from the ceiling, it's lush cover looking inviting.

"This is my room, but I will give you your own bed to sleep in tonight. I imagine you will be going home by tomorrow." She announced. 

Tomorrow? What?

"Uh, Fen, I don't want to disappoint you but I do not want to leave tomorrow."

"Why not?" her voice was thick with denial. As if she really wanted me to leave.

Maybe she did.

"Because I want to know more about this place, and you." I added a flirtatious quality to my voice as I walked over to the bed, where she was standing. She gulped, obviously she hasn't seen my full on charm mode yet. 

I backed her against the end of the bed, almost knocking her over onto her back in the process. Now that, I wouldn't have minded. 

A sudden daydream filled my mind, us together on the bed, kissing, and doing other things as well... 

I smiled at the lustful thought. 

She evaded my trap, slipping out of the way just in time. 

"I'm going to go change, alright? You can change as well, there are some clothes for you on the bed. I'll be right back."  Now that she mentions it, she did look pretty vulnerable in that skimpy little bra and pantie set...

Great, I scared her away. Damnit.

As I slipped on a comfy looking white t-shirt, simple boxers, and plaid pajama pants, I noticed more things around the room. There were jars with a faintly glowing substance in them, a lamp which occasionally shifted position, and a few mice that almost appeared to be knitting some sort of scarf. I shook my head, so much magic around here sure can cloud one's thoughts.

I lay down on the bed, thinking of her. Maybe she could be on top of me, rubbing againts that spot, giving me the pleasure of knowing her... getting what I desire...

Suddenly she was back in the room, rummaging through a very crooked looking dresser. She was wearing a night gown; it was a seafoam green and elegant, ending just above her knees. I wanted to feel its silky material, and eventually the skin under it.

Damnit, why am I so attracted to her?

She turned around suddenly, as if she had just realized that she had company. I guess she isn't used to, well, other people being around.

She smiled sheepishly and ducked out of the largest window, calling out to me "Take my bed, I'll sleep in the branches!" And she was off.

Wow, I was that repulsive that she'd rather sleep outside than in the same room with me?

I got up and made my way to the window, seeing her climbing up to the very top branches. They were thin, unweildy.

When I could make out her still form, perched like a bird on the uppermost branches I heard her voice waft down to me, quivering as she sang,

"His hair it hangs in ringlets

His eyes as black as coal

My happiness attend him

Wherever he may go." 

She was singing about him, again. A flare of jealousy roared inside of me, wanting to claim her as my own. 

I climbed through the branches swiftly until I was standing right beside where she was sitting. 

Her night gown was waving softly in the calm wind, her hair along with it, rippling. Her skin was even paler than when I had last seen it, and somehow it looked as if she might become a part of the tree herself. 

She seemed so absorbed in gazing at the moon that I could sneak up behind her and sit next to her and she wouldn't have noticed. So that's exactly what I did.

She finally came to her senses when I put my arm around her waist and leaned into her, smelling incense and clean water in her thick hair. Her mouth formed an O as she leaned away from me. But I wouldn't let her distance herself this time.

The night sky was dazzling, as the stars looked like flares of fire on the dark velvet blanket of the universe. Everything was quiet, simple, beautiful.

Fen leaned around, looking me square in the eyes. Her face looked sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked, ready for a lie that she was ok.

"I just... I just wish I could start over. To never have met him. To have only met... you." She whispered gravely. My heart leaped and melted all at the same time to hear her say those words.

"I know I barely know ye, but, it feels as if I have met ye before. As if we were fated to be together." her voice shook, as she went on. Her hair tumbling over her small shoulders.

"But I donna know if I can handle the pain of loosing someone again." 

"That's all you're worried about?" My voice was full of relief.

She nodded quickly.

And at that moment, I knew what I had to do.

I leaned into her slowly, letting her know what I was about to do. She was frozen in time, waiting for my next move. I let my mouth wander onto hers, tasting the sweet taste of her lips. At first she was shocked, but then as I opened my mouth she opened hers as well, deepening the kiss. I found my arms around her waist and hers in my hair in just a few seconds, the passion deepening.

I felt a fire inside me, roaring for her. Fen. Fen. Fen.

My hands raked through her hair as I positioned her on top of me, wanting to feel her body on mine. It felt so perfect, having her there.

I opened my eyes for one brief moment and saw a star shoot in front of me, blazing a path through the cosmos. I knew my choice was the right one.

We kept on like this for a few extremely passionate minutes until she broke the kiss, murmering "Should we go to bed?" which I hope meant "can we do this in bed?"

I'd never had sex before, but somehow I know I want it to be with her. She is so sensual, so graceful. Somehow elegant even when she's kissing me like an animal.

I nodded.

We were sucked through that odd airtight method of teleportation again. When we arrived in her room we were both sitting on the edge of her bed, my feet touching the floor and hers slightly above it.

We looked at each other once, then I picked her up, scooted her up higher onto the bed, and rolled on top of her. I kissed her furiously, and the burning need came back.

More. More, more.

It coursed through my veins as our bodies entwined, our tattoos roaring at eachother, in a sort of battle and romance all at the same time.

Fen

As he rolled on top of me I could feel his loins become hot and needy. He desired me so strongly I could almost smell it, it was thick in the air.

His well-toned body wrestled with mine as we kissed, rolling furiously on top of one another.

I had never been kissed like this before.

His passion matched mine with a white hot intensity as we were stuck in our lovers embrace. My heart soared every time his tongue invaded my mouth, my breath caught in my throat when I felt him grab my butt possessively, as if I was already his.

Gryffin

As we finally calmed down I whispered a soft goodnight into her ear and I could almost feel her smile.

My lips were raw from all of the love I had just experienced, I hope I get some more of this...

Mmm. Fen. What a wonderful creature.

My thoughts were filled with her and her thoughts of me as we both drifted off into the peaceful world of dreams. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 1.5K 43
In order to save the world from eternal night, Red must find a way to unlock the dormant power of the Sun Goddess running through her veins without k...
512 50 16
Samil, the God of Festivals and the Arts, knows he isn't all that powerful. Or important. And a lot of the other gods don't really like him. Plus, he...
57.4K 1.8K 28
Thor, prince of Asgard, is kidnapped and raised as a protector of Prince Loki. Because Loki is kind, lonely and small, they soon became friends. But...
204K 14.3K 43
For decades, Ara's kingdom has suffered from a bloody invasion. Generations of gifted men and women have been murdered by assassins in order to cripp...