The Senior [Completed]

By GabrielleChnc

Sophia Williams is beginning her high school life. She goes to Oxford High School. A high school where Dylan... More

Chapter 1 - Freshman
Chapter 2 - Flirts
Chapter 3 - Prank Day!
Chapter 4 - Chemistry
Chapter 5 - Basketball and Parties
Chapter 7 - What's Going On?
Chapter 8 - Kiss
Chapter 9 - High School Musical
Chapter 10 - Awkward
Chapter 11 - Winter Formal
Chapter 12 - Fist Fight
Chapter 13 - The Crush That's Not Really A Crush
Chapter 14 - Private Rehearsal
Chapter 15 - Dooms Day
Chapter 16 - The Senior
Chapter 17 - Awkward Encounters
Chapter 18 - City Views
Chapter 19 - Shawty
Chapter 20 - Awkward Breakfasts
Chapter 21 - Kissing Other Girls
Chapter 22 - The Musical
Chapter 23 - After Party
Chapter 24 - The Final

Chapter 6 - Track Team and... Date?

3.7K 109 11
By GabrielleChnc

I held the phone away from my ear as I listened to Emma scream on the other end.

"YOU GET TO KISS MICHAEL EDWARDS?" She exclaimed, as I winced at her unnaturally high voice.

"Ew, no. I'm going to tell Grace to take it out of the script. There's not way I'm doing that," I replies, shuddering at the thought.

I would rather kiss a dead, mouldy fish than put my lips anywhere near Edward's. I mean sure, we'd had a civil conversation last night. Heck, I might even say we bonded. But that doesn't mean that he isn't the same annoying boy that is just my older brother's friend.

"Oh please Soph, as if you aren't dying to know what Michael's lips taste like! Half the school wants to know, even guys," Emma said with a happy sigh.

I chuckled at her insanity. "You are crazy. And I beg to differ, my lips aren't going anywhere near his, even if his taste better than the best tasting food on earth."

After more arguments about Michael, Emma and I eventually hung up.

It was the day after the basketball party, and I think it would be fair to assume that most of the senior class would be suffering from some intense hangovers. Considering it was a Sunday, I was planning to spend my day doing the school work that I had let myself fall behind in. Even though the first few days of school had only just passed, I had already managed to get behind in work, start a food fight, join the drama club and attend a senior party. It sounded like a pretty hectic description of a freshman's first week, and I had decided that it was definitely time for me to 'cool it down' a little. For the next week, I planned to do my school work and fraternise with freshmen only.

I was sitting at our downstairs table when Dylan joined me.

"So what is this, I hear about you playing seven minutes in heaven with a bunch of seniors?" he asked sternly.

 I felt my cheeks turn red, and I grinned sheepishly, "Whoops," I muttered, as I tried to continue with my homework.

"Yeah, 'whoops' is right. What on earth were you thinking?" He asked.

I finally looked up from my boring history notes. "I was practically forced into playing. Besides, nothing even happened."

"Yeah I know. You're lucky Michael was looking out for you last night," he said.

"Wait, what?" I asked confusedly.

"Well, when he called me this morning, he explained what happened. He didn't want me to think that anything had happened between you two in the closet," said Dylan with relief. "You're lucky none of those senior boys tried to pull anything on you."

I sighed. Honestly, Dylan acted more like my father than my actual father did sometimes.

"Yeah whatever Dylan, it wasn't like I would do anything anyway," I argued. "You're overreacting."

"I'm not!" he said cooly. "I've had a few guys come up and tell me that they think you're 'hot'" Dylan looked disgusted with this idea, and I tried to stifle a giggle at his expression.

"Dy, they're just trying to mess with you," I said calmly. "I highly doubt any senior boy would actually be interested in me."

He looked as though he didn't believe me in the slightest, "Yeah well, just remember, no seniors."

I sighed, "Yes Dy."

He gave me a pat on the back, before leaving me with my school work. I figured that now wouldn't exactly be the best time to tell Dylan that the musical script outlined a kiss between the characters Michael and I were playing. Not that the kiss was actually going to happen, I would make sure of that.

I spent the rest of the day doing boring school work, knowing that it was my fault that I had left it so late in the first place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday, I got up and got dressed for school.

I met Emma at the school gates as usual, and together we walked down the path to the school doors. I felt her nudge me and point, and when I turned to look, I saw that Michael was once again in a full on PDA make-out session with Jessica. Her fake tanned frame was leaning against a tree, and they were fully stuck together so that you could barely tell whose hands were whose.

"Ew, they need to get a room," I said. Gross.

Emma giggled, "That'll be you soon," she said with a wink.

"Please don't make my breakfast come back up," I said with a shudder.

"Urh Soph, that's gross!" Emma replied, shaking her head as we entered the huge school building and went to our lockers.

Thankfully this afternoon I didn't have any musical rehearsals. Instead, I would be trying out for the track team, and I was getting very, very nervous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived to the homeroom, I found out that Fred was just as nervous as me about trying out. At least I would know someone else at the tryouts..

My conversation with Fred about our personal best running times was interrupted by Miss Laura.

"Michael and Jessica! That is not acceptable school behaviour," she exclaimed in an angry voice.

I immediately swung around in my seat to see what had happened, and then wished I hadn't. Jessica was sitting on Michael's lap, and he was kissing her neck. Neither of them looked the least bit sorry that they were in trouble.

I watched as Jacob high fived Michael once Miss Laura turned back around. Michael simply sat in the back smirking. Boys are so weird.

Going back to my conversation with Fred, we began talking about going for runs together in the afternoons after school. I had decided that Fred would be a good friend to have, he was fairly easy going and very funny. Not to mention, Fred was quite attractive. I knew that other girls thought this, because I had consistently seen Fred around school talking to a few different girls. In particular, Aubrey really seemed to be interested in him.

Aubrey. She was basically a clone of Jessica, which is understandable considering she is Jessica's younger sister. They both had the fake blonde hair, and the slightly orang skin from using too much fake tan.

Needles to say, Aubrey and I weren't exactly friends. We had gone to middle school together, and had never really gotten along. I just found that she's too 'fake' to hang around with.

My conversation with Fred was once again interrupted, as Jacob came up behind me, swinging an arm around my shoulder.

"So little fresh meat, have fun at the big senior party on the weekend? Or was it too scary?" Jacob asked with a wink.

I shook his arm off my shoulder, "Yeah, it was way too scary. I am so scared of music and seniors," I shot back sarcastically.

"You should speak to your seniors with respect," Jacob said adamantly.

I rolled my eyes, "You have to act like a senior to be one, Jacob."

I heard a chuckle from behind, and realised that Michael had managed to get away from Jessica to join Jacob.

"Don't deny that you wanted me in that closet, freshman," he said with a smirk, his arm extending around the back of my chair.

I raised my eyebrows, "I wanted the coat hanger more than you, Michael." I said flatly.

"Ah lies, lies," Michael replied, winking at me seductively.

See what I mean about my brother's annoying friends? 

"How many times have I told you two, to stop flirting with and annoying the girls in my homeroom?" exclaimed a frustrated Miss Laura

"That wasn't flirting!" muttered Jacob as he and Michael walked back to their seats.

"You went to the senior party?! Aubrey didn't even get invited to that," Rose whispered to me, her eyes wide with shock once Michael and Jacob were out of hearing.

I nodded slightly, shrugging, "Yeah it's not that big of a deal though, it was pretty boring."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the school day droned on and on and on. Today, I had double history, calculus, French and English. Not exactly a great way to start my week.

During French, I asked for a hall pass so that I could use the bathroom. While I was in the cubicle, I heard two voices.

"I'm worried he doesn't like me that much. I mean, I don't understand why he wouldn't like me though, I'm the most popular girl in this freaking school."

"How could he not like you sis, everyone likes you," one sympathised.

I could immediately tell that it was Jessica and Aubrey talking, and they were obviously discussing Michael.

Suddenly a third voice was heard, "Oh please, not everyone worships the ground you walk on."

I smirked at that comment. Whoever said that to Jessica was brave, and funny.

"Ew, as if you just spoke to me!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Yeah, get out of our way loser," I heard Aubrey rudely say, before hearing their footsteps from their massive heels leave the bathroom.

I chose that point to leave my cubicle, only to come face to face with a girl who had black hair and a nose piercing.

"So you heard that?" she asked with a grin.

I nodded, giggling, "Yup, you are officially my idol."

The girl smiled back, "I'm Emily."

I introduced myself.

"So I take it you aren't exactly a fan of Jessica and Aubrey either?" I asked her with a smile.

She pretended to gag, "No! I don't know what my cousin sees in Jessica."

"Wait… is your cousin Michael?" I asked in shock. This girl was clearly the exact opposite of Michael. With her dark hair, piercing and all black clothes, I could tell that they were very different people.

"Yeah. Don't freak out on me, I know everyone loves him," she muttered as she washed her hands.

"Trust me, I won't. He's my brother's best friend, and he's always annoying me," I replied.

She grinned at me, "You know, I think I like you freshman."

I grinned back, and waved to her as I left the bathroom. Although it was easy to tell that Emily  probably wasn't the most popular girl, I had already made up my mind that I wanted to be friends with her. I didn't know how old she was, but I think she was probably in her sophomore year. I smiled as I walked back to class, remembering what she had so bluntly told the popular girls. I was shocked to realise how mean Jessica could be. She had always been overly nice to me, but I guess that was because I was Dylan's little sister. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It was time for the track tryouts, and I was anxiously hopping from one foot to the other.

Fred chuckled as he came up beside me, "Don't worry, you'll be fine."

"That's easy for you to say! You just ran amazingly," I exclaimed.

It was true, Fred was definitely a brilliant runner. He had even beat his personal best, and had come first in his trial race. 

I heard my race called, and I took a deep breath. Fred laughed again, "Seriously you'll be fine Soph."

And then, he gave me a quick hug. I felt myself wrap my arms around him too, noticing that he smelt amazing.

I gave him one last smile, before lining up behind the start line.

When the start signal went off, I took off as fast as I could. It was a half mile race, so I knew that it would be easy as long as I paced myself well. I didn't even notice the other runners as I ran down the track, breathing in and out evenly.

I was feeling good, which hopefully meant that this would be a successful race. Soon, I could see the finish line in sight, and I sprinted as fast as I could towards it. I lunged forward as I crossed over it.

I was immediately bombarded with a hug by Fred, "You won!" he exclaimed with a huge grin.

I felt myself smiling back, even though I was still puffed.

Together, Fred and I went over to the grandstands, where we grabbed our sweaters to put on and a water bottle each. 

"So, I guess we're on the track team together," said Fred with a grin.

I nodded with a smile, "I guess we are."

I knew that the track team didn't usually accept freshmen, so I was really happy!

"So I was thinking that we should maybe get coffee together one time, you know, it's probably important that we get to know each other better considering we're now on the same team," said Fred with a wink.

I giggled, was he asking me out?

"I'd like that," I replied, smiling up at him.

"Good, how about tomorrow?" he asked hopefully.

"Sure, just tell me the time and place," I said with a grin.

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow," he said, opening his arms.

I immediately stepped into them, inhaling his scent. Fred was quite a bit taller than me, and I only just came up to his shoulder.

As I looked over his shoulder, I noticed someone holding the basketball ball, staring right back at me. Michael.

----------------------------------------------------------

MICHAEL'S POV

"Yo man, what are you looking at?" Dylan asked.

Once he caught up with me, he figured out what I was staring at.

"Who the fuck is that touching my sister?" he growled as he watched Sophia wrap her arms around the younger boys neck.

It was that twat from homeroom. I had never really liked him.

"He's in my homeroom," I muttered to Dylan.

Dylan simply glared at the two figures in the distance. He was such a protective older brother.

And that's when I realised why the sight of Sophia looked so weird. She is Dylan's little sister, practically the closest thing I had to a little sister. Well, apart from Emily. 

It felt so weird because I was protective. That was all. 

I shook my head, and ruffled my hand through my hair before grabbing Dylan and walking to our cars. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

So happy Senior Tuesday guys! :D Here's a new chapter :) 

Sooo Sophia is getting close with Fred (picture on the side) and we found out that Michael has a sibling in the school *the dramas...*

Haha anyway I'll put Emily and the other cast on the side in every chapter (still making the banner :))

Hope you enjoy this chapter! :) Don't forget to vote, comment and be a fan. Thank you :)x

Love love love,

GabrielleChncx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Logan By Marie

Teen Fiction

10.9K 269 31
*TW* Contains topics and scenes of sexual assault, self-harm, abuse.* "You know you loved every second of it," I can feel the tears welling up as wel...
207 43 15
Sophia is a 19 year old college girl, a newbie who is pretty, sweet, cute, sensible and over everything she cares about everyone around her, more tha...
58.2K 1.4K 41
Sophia is 17 and in her first year of sixth form. She's a singer- all she does is sing. When some special people come to talk to her school about bu...
172K 2.2K 40
Sofia Bordelon is like a normal teenage girl. Beside the fact she is Bart Bordelon's daughter! Barely anyone knows that Bart has a daughter so when h...